[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the most hated game on /v/? It's even been made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 1024x576
Is this the most hated game on /v/?

It's even been made free today and there's still zero discussion of it. Battleborn gets more threads for getting a discount. Does this entire board have no taste to prefer Gearbox trash over Epic's latest?
>>
>>343928417
Because it's really, really bad.

Battleborn is legitimately a better game than it, and that's saying something.
>>
>it's not talked about so people hate it
>>
moba is a dying genre
>>
>>343928417
Isn't it Win10 exclusive?
>>
I like it and I bought a basic founders pack for PS4.

Where the fuck is the Fractured Space discussion though?
>>
>>343928536

No? Where does this shit even get started?

It runs on Windows 7+ and PS4. Full crossplay.
>>
>>343928484

How do you even say shit like this?

I can't even look at Battleborn without my face cringing up like a flesh origami. Paragon is beautiful; it has actual graphics.
>>
>>343929005
I'm talking about the gameplay retard. Also paragon, while not looking as horrible as battleborn, still looks fucking generic and boring as hell

Paragon plays like a slower version of LoL with aimed auto attacks, dumbed down characters, and the deck system is the worst thing I've ever seen.
>>
I play a match every day. It's fun but still a bit barebones, also gets a shitload if patches cause it's early access to the point of still experimenting with core mechanics. It's far from finished.
>>
>>343929228
>aimed auto attacks
>deck system is unappealing aesthetically

You're trash.
>>
>>343928417

I heard it's a typical boring moba so I haven't bothered.
>>
>>343929228
>aimed auto attacks

>aimed
>auto
>aimed
>auto
>aimed
>auto

So it's just like that except it's the exact opposite concept. Gotcha.
>>
>>343928417
EPIC's games have no personality whatsoever. I think they're amazingly talented artists/tech people but really need a great director to push them in a better direction.
>>
>>343929412

It's not. It's by Epic (Gears of War, Unreal Tournament) so it plays like a real videogame with direct control and 3D gameplay and not a retarded RTS where you control one unit.
>>
>>343928417
Smite is better.
>>
File: 0QAyDoC.jpg (769 KB, 3884x2602) Image search: [Google]
0QAyDoC.jpg
769 KB, 3884x2602
>>343928417
Movement speed still needs to be increased by about 300% for it to be a tolerable game. Still way way way way way too slow for an EPIC game. It makes Gears of War look like a supersonic jet

Been in the alpha since last July and it just hasn't gotten better. They had one patch where they boosted movement speed and none since. Despite it having been the number 1 issue among testers since day 0.
>>
>>343929676

I can tell apart any Epic game from anything else on the market at a glance.

Gears of War is fucking visionary and none other game has such beautiful disrepair and decay, as well as inventing the concept of having a chainsaw on a gun.

Infinity Blade blows the fuck out of anything on a phone.

Unreal had the best visuals of any FPS at the time, period, and showed up Quake II's endless factory level in every regard.

Paragon is the only MOBA that isn't embarrassing to look at, let alone to play.
>>
>>343930051
They're gonna ditch travel mode all together.
>>
>>343930107
Like I said, they're amazing artists and tech people. Their games look amazing.

They're also still bland and just following current trends.
>>
>>343928417
>It's even been made free today

The website still says I need to buy to get access.
>>
>>343929005
>it has actual graphics.
Fuck you, shill and fuck your dead on arrival shit game.
>>
>>343930305

There was no trend before Gears of War, no trend before Unreal, no trend before Infinity Blade, and the trend before Paragon is garish cartoony top-down 2D clickshit amateur garbage which Paragon has nothing to do with.

>>343930315

Free with PS+, which I assume you have because it's 2016.
>>
>>343928417
Game is lacking a lot of content but has potential if the dev's don't fuck up
>>
File: 1461861648076.jpg (75 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1461861648076.jpg
75 KB, 768x1024
>>343930731
>Free with PS+, which I assume you have because it's 2016.
>playing a moba on console

Guess I'll stick to smite then.
>>
>>343930976

They're adding a new hero every three weeks.
>>
>>343930731
>what is RE4?
>what is Quake 2?
>what is the rising popularity of the mobile market?
>>
>>343931074
PC players are not that much better, the system is too slow for it. That's why there's crossplay.
>>
>>343931074

You can play on console with KBM, and you can redeem the free Starter's Pack on a PSN account to play on PC instead. It has full PC / PS4 crossplay.
>>
>>343928867
Gigantic is Win10 only
>>
>>343931127
So, they will add about 5 more new heroes before they turn the servers off.
>>
>>343931176

Gears of War is a drastic evolution of RE4's formula with a totally original setting that is still unsurpassed.

Unreal presents an entire alien planet as opposed to an endless factory level, and the weapon and monster design is far more inspired than Quake 2.

Infinity Blade is the only thing worth playing on a phone, and moreover the only phone game series with actual graphics.
>>
>>343928417
The game DOA. They are already shifting focus to Quake Champions.
>>
>>343928417
I think the reason is that Battleborn is shit but at least tries to do its own thing. Paragon is just a standard MOBA with boring characters. The only thing good about that game is the map layout, but apart from that its nothing special.

Youre also forced to play with console trash which results in people who cant aim for their fucking life.
>>
Hated?

nobody even knows about this game
>>
File: Fractured-Space-Key-Art.jpg (1001 KB, 1600x1106) Image search: [Google]
Fractured-Space-Key-Art.jpg
1001 KB, 1600x1106
>>343928795
>Plays Paragon
>Plays Fractured Space

Are you some sort of asian doppleganger of me?
>>
>>343931632

Idiot.

>>343931675

>a standard MOBA

No, it is a real videogame, it has direct control, you aim every attack, the map has significant verticality, it is not a retarded RTS where you control one unit.

>Youre also forced to play with console trash which results in people who cant aim for their fucking life.

I shit on PC players all the time because they waste so much time typing instead of doing anything productive and they play the game like their shitty clickfests so they have no awareness.
>>
>>343931270

Nosgoth lasted years with a non-existent community
>>
It's pretty good, just boring as fucking shit. Way too slow paced.
>>
>>343931973
The fact that nobody is talking about it and you literally have to shill for it proves it's dead. These kind of games only make it big if they are marketed well.

Paragons wasn't marketed at all. Most of epic will be focused on marketing QC. That's their big game.
>>
>>343932028
It was shit, but still so much more better than your little shitty game.
>>
>>343931973
Say whatever you want, at the end of the day its a worse SMITE. The card system is trash, the items are trash, the characters are nothing special, the jungle is goddamn generic. The only upside, again, is the jungle.

And I dont care if you claim to 'own' PC players. If you play on a pad no competent player would ever lose to you. Pad players are trash in literally any game that requires any form of aiming, whether or not you agree with that is irrelevant. Paragon had potential when it was in Alpha but ever since then hardly anything changed. The game is a generic pile of shit, nothing else.
>>
>>343932249

Never played Paragon, I hate mobas, just making a point
>>
File: riktor.jpg (165 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
riktor.jpg
165 KB, 1280x720
I bought a founder's key so i could play on the beta

I was extremely bored of it.

There's almost zero discussion in the official forums too. It's just too bland, too slow and to samey.

Has good concepts like the cards and the character visuals are incredible, but they're ASS to play. They play exactly like the most boring vanilla LoL champions that already got a rework for being outdated and boring.

Riktor was interesting but, not really that good, considering half the roster is gapcloser into AoE stun ult, and the other half is poke from afar for 40 minutes.
>>
>>343930107
>Infinity Blade blows the fuck out of anything on a phone.
Except in terms of actually making money
>>
File: catofdoom.png (592 KB, 980x799) Image search: [Google]
catofdoom.png
592 KB, 980x799
Oh snap. I bet none of you have ever seen anything like that.
H%ck yeah!
>>
>>343932558
yeah the gameplay isn't really great, but it looks hella beautiful to be honest.

i dont get why devs keep trying to make mobas. i doubt we'll see any mobas with gameplay design as tight as dota. might aswell not bother.
>>
>>343932346
I agree with this

Paragon needs like another 6-8 months of development ot be anything interesting.

And remake HALF THE ROSTER. They are either unbalanced or just not fun to play as or against.

Like Dekker. Who the fuck thought a bitch with range and AoE CC TWICE was fun to play against. She uses her bubble, then Gideon uses his ult and a team is dead. Or uses her ult and another faggot uses his AoE like Grux and there's another dead team.

So many AoE shit with stuns. There's no 3rd person engaginc combat or skill, it's a fucking MOBA and a terrible one at that.
>>
>>343933197
>There's no 3rd person engaginc combat or skill

I find it far more engaging and skillful than Roll & R1 i-Frame Simulator 2016 which gets so much praise on here.
>>
>>343932948
>Man how about a rodent in a mech?
>SURE IT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE IN THE SAME GENRE

Epic sculptors are great but come the fuck on.

Loved Grim.EXE visual concept. Too bad he's boring to play too.

And Sevarog, but it's Nasus through and through.
>>
>>343933467
Good for you mr marketer
>>
Who's this fucking idiot, and why is praising trash like GoW (both Gears and God of War) now acceptable? It should get a Naruto on /a/ level trashing.
>>
>>343933739
>trash like GoW (both Gears and God of War)

>Naruto on /a/

underage b&
>>
>>343933467
Nig it's a MOBA more akin to LoL than any other TPS ever made. Exact rules of engagement. The only thing they did was put the camera to ground level. It's the same thing.

It's the same thing.

You don't find it engaging, you're just dazzled by the 3 hours you've been playing it cuz graphics.

Paragon needs much more fleshing out.
>>
>>343933467
>on here
It doesnt matter if something is popular. What you have to understand is that a MOBAs most important aspect is knowledge. MOBAs arent mechanically challenging, they simply require you to know what every does, how to exploit the map etc. Why would anyone who invested hundreds or thousands of hours into learning LoL, DotA or SMITE now throw away all that 'progress' and start to learn Paragon? The game simply isnt unique enough to warrant that sort of investment. If it had come out before SMITE then it would be successful, but as it stands right now it joined to party to late to be successful without doing anything drastically different.
>>
Is it good? I don't want to bother downloading it if I'm just going to drop it 10 minuets in.
>>
>>343934036
Why don't you like, read the thread and the discussion and draw a conclusion, or a tiny little dick and shove it on your ass
>>
>>343933901

I've played it for 200+ hours and I am still discovering new tactics and I've only really explored 3 heroes. It will take at least another 800 to become proficient with the _current_ roster.
>>
it's shilly here
>>
>>343934393
>f2p game
>shilly
>>
File: 1395857439198.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1395857439198.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>343934225
>Why don't you like
>like

Fuck off, Califaggot. :)
>>
>>343934473
If it's f2p , then why are you selling it so hard?
>>
>>343934393

Not a shill; just exasperated.

Like /v/ complains about marketing in every fucking thread and now they're criticizing Paragon for not being marketed enough.
>>
>>343934790
No shills, just an autist looking for the Virgin Mary 200 hrs into a shit videogame.

Somehow he claims he found another way to dash into AoE stun tactic
>>
File: actual graphics.png (1 MB, 971x1969) Image search: [Google]
actual graphics.png
1 MB, 971x1969
>>343934790
Sure is
>>
Played it back in jan-march and it's definitely the most frustrating game I have played. It has potential but it's far from finished. Only gimmick it has now is the card system.
>>
And now they can play a MOBA that feels like a 2016 game by professionals with more to their credit (Gears of War, Unreal Tournament) than pimping out a Warcraft 3 map and replicating the indirect and inadequate controls and even bugs of Warcraft 3 while at it.
The game is called PARAGON for a reason, and if you can't tell from so much as a single screenshot that it is here to outright redeem the genre, perhaps it isn't for you and perhaps you should try other genres of game besides these toxic meme scams.
PS4 players are more likely to get it since they're more inundated with state-of-the-art products, of which Paragon is the first of its genre.
>>
I enjoy Paragon, it's fun to play by myself which I don't really enjoy doing with Dota. I saw some people mention fractured space, is that fun?
>>
>>343928417
This game is fucking awful, played it during a free weekend deal type thing and I just had a horrible time.
>Characters are boring
>Graphics are med tier
>ability aren't really cool and interesting
>The deck system is fucking horrible
>The game in general feels a lot slower imo when compared to SMITE another 3rd person moba
If you wanna play a moba just picked up DOTA 2, if you wanna play a 3rd person moba pick up SMITE, just don't waste time and money on Paragon. I legit feel bad for the anons that bought this thing.
>>
>>343928417
The worst fucking MOBA i have ever played

I've played Dota 1/2, LoL, Smite and HoN

Paragon is a sorry ass excuse of a Moba.

Epic games should have used their money to create a F2P Gears of war clone with moba elements/classes and Overwatch might had something to be afraid to

instead we got

SLOW AND BORING: THE GAME

>a-a-at least is free!

fuc you
>>
File: fractured-space.jpg (495 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fractured-space.jpg
495 KB, 1920x1080
>>343936672
Fractured Space is really good

It's MOBA-like but not an actual MOBA, more like an arena with objectives and not so much about leveling up and such

Also big ass captial ships shooting at each other. It's more action oriented. Pretty good.
>>
>>343928417
>It's even been made free today
where?
>>
I always wondered if people at Epic have noticed how boring their game is and if they are taking actions into it. It's the most prominent word of mouth between Paragon players.

Gideon = dash into AoE ult with CC
Grux = Dash into AoE ult with CC
Steel = Dash into AoE ult with CC
Riktor = No dash, tiny AoE ult with bad CC = shit tier

Ranged characters
Grim.EXE = shoots slows
Dekker = shoots AoE slow and ANOTHER AoE CC
Black Marine guy = Drops AoE stun mines and shooty shoots the shots

The only mildly interesting heroes I saw were Sevarog and Scorch, but in gamepaly they are just barely above alpha tier MOBA champions.

Sevarog is also Nasus. Surprises.
>>
>>343938078
ps plus
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.