[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Remember the Alamo What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: MGSV-E3-Trailer-Skullface.jpg (31 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
MGSV-E3-Trailer-Skullface.jpg
31 KB, 600x338
>Remember the Alamo
What did he mean by this?
>>
probably some pretentious moby dick reference
>>
What is wrong with his face.
>>
I WAS BORN IN A SMALL VILLAGE
>>
>>343920082
Pretty sure Moby Dick was written long before the Alamo happened
>>
>>343920231
You'd be wrong
>>
WORDS CAN KILL
>>
>>343920285
Does Moby Dick even talk about the Alamo?
>>
File: Hamburglar.jpg (28 KB, 274x385) Image search: [Google]
Hamburglar.jpg
28 KB, 274x385
fucking hamburglar looking ass motherfucker
>>
>>343919948
How was he a menacing villain in GZ and a Saturday morning cartoon villain in TPP?
>>
>>343920656
in GZ he tortured, raped and inserted a bomb into a girl who he had already broken.

in TPP he told an old navajo man some bullshit story about a loyal soldier and rung a bell a ton of times.

I guess people just mellow out after 9 years of nothing
>>
He was quoting Colonel Volgin from MGS3 who is heavily implied to be the Man on Fire in that scene.

Duh.
>>
>>343919948
I think it's because Venom had his gun in a ready position, with his finger on the trigger surrounded by goons. He was telling him to not fuck around, and that he would get overwhelmed if he tried to fight.
t.Someone who just beat that part.
>>
File: iStock_000026446633_Medium-E.jpg (188 KB, 686x385) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000026446633_Medium-E.jpg
188 KB, 686x385
>>343920431

Moby Dick was the only survivor.
>>
Skull Face is a metaphor for anonymous. This reference could refer to /pol's/ desire to rid the U.S. of all Mexican foreigners as some kind of rebuttal for the Alamo.
>>
>Mexicans slaughtered the people at Alamo
>Pissed off the texans
>"Buoyed by a desire for revenge, the Texians defeated the Mexican Army at the Battle of San Jacinto, on April 21, 1836, ending the revolution."
This is either pottery, or skullface is a genuine retard that prophesied his own demise.
>>
>>343921560
Are you high
>>
>>343920898
>I guess people just mellow out after 9 years of nothing
This is true...
>>
>>343920898
Did you forget where the Audio tapes leave off? He also located Zero in the time after he interrogated and sent Paz to her death and Permanently Disabled Him. As well as discovering the Parasites that killed thousands in the experimentation and could have wiped out earth's whole population if released as planned.

Also he had Huey build him a Gundam but since that plot point is left dangling after Chapter 2 I'm not even going to count that off.
>>
[weird MGS Kojima shit happens]
AAAAH WHAT'S HAPPENING
[squashed beneath burning wreckage of building, robot, plan]
I MEANT TO DO THAT
>>
Actually never got that one.
Was so out of context.

>>343920613
OHFUCK IS HIM...
>>
>>343922105
Venom destroys it
>>
[awkward silent car ride continues]
>>
>>343921896
Not him, but thats the /pol/ experience.
Pretty much like drugs.
>>
>>343922437
WOOOOAHHHHOHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
I really don't fucking get why Kojima even bothered to have Sutherland as Snake when he barely had more than 10 lines in the game.
>>
>>343923353
i support anything that reveals david hayter to be a strange, weird man desu
>>
like that thing with the BIG BOSS starbucks plastic cup

fuck's sake
>>
>>343924404
I don't give a fuck about David Hayter. He's a weird loser.

But fuck off if you were seriously okay with Snake not even saying anything in a huge game like this
>>
SUCH A LUST FOR REVENGE
>>
>>343924691
i figure he's just fed up and angry at everything. you know shit's fucked when fucking ocelot is the voice of reason

like they went from Mother Base being basically a boy's club clubhouse with drinking, fighting and monthly birthday parties, and then OH FUCK everyone died. would mess anyone up pretty good
>>
>>343922459
You mean like a red pill?
>>
>>343923353
>>343924691

It's clearly because Kojima choose to turn Venom into a typical silent protagonist only much later. He thought that it worked better with the main theme of the game and the main twist, probably. Still a freaking terrible idea.
>>
>>343922105
What he did to zero was pretty good, and all that shit at the devil house was interesting, but it was weird how he became such a non-issue to the story, long before his death.

You have to remember that paz was so terrified of Zero's grasp that she'd rather try to fight Big Boss than let Cipher think she'd betrayed them. Skullface broke that, he alone managed to be more psychologically terrifying than all of Cipher's information control and structure. Acting alone, he proceeded to destroy Snake's life's work in the course of a day and kill a ton of his soldiers, not to mention putting the big man himself in a coma for almost a decade.

I actually think his plan of nuclear arms distribution along with dismantling larger world powers by killing off the english language was pretty cool, if incredibly flawed, but it comes off as he's just a really evil dude who's doing it for the fun of playing with the world instead of a merciless sociopath who gets his way by force.

GZ skullface wouldn't have just presented himself to Venom and walked away, when the latter had already been captured by Sahelanthropus. Matter of fact, considering how everyone who had seen his face was dead, he could've manipulated the Diamond Dogs from the start, claiming to have a lead on Cipher. But he hardly appears in the story from that point, only to die because he put his chips is some experimental paranormal shit. His only physical threat is when he pushes Huey down the stairs, but Kaz and Ocelot ended up being far more violent with him.

It just feels off when you get the final tapes and Big Boss walks off and lets Venom deal with the biggest threat he'd ever faced, and even Zero just dismisses the death of 300 people with "eh, he got ahead of himself a bit there".

tl;dr he was wasted potential
>>
File: 1418355340955.gif (500 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
1418355340955.gif
500 KB, 500x359
>>343925182
i actually didnt thought of it that way..
pretty good
>>
why did chico have a headphone jack in him

also: fuck chico i'm glad he's dead. also huey
>>
>>343919948
The Mexicans decided they no longer wanted whities living on their land and tried to kick them out. The ex-Americans had been living there for long it was their only home, and they were suddenly being kicked out on the whim of el presidente. They fought back.

Mexican troops executed all Texian fighters after winning the Battle of the Alamo. They had hoped it would break their enemy's spirit. It did the EXACT OPPOSITE and became their battle cry, and made them fight even harder. They then went on to become their own country and, later, the best state in the union.

Texas = Mother Base
Texans = shanghai'd soldiers
Skullfuck = Santa Anna
Snak = Alamo
Skullface is "remembering the Alamo" when he chooses not to kill Boss. It would only make him a target of Mother Base's revenge.
>>
File: such lust.jpg (17 KB, 480x285) Image search: [Google]
such lust.jpg
17 KB, 480x285
YOU TOO HAVE KNOWN LOSS!
>>
File: 1456556803901.jpg (30 KB, 307x386) Image search: [Google]
1456556803901.jpg
30 KB, 307x386
>>
>>343921560
not actually far off. Skull Face is a massive nationalist. his entire plan revolves around arming every nation on earth with nukes to ensure they can't be overrun by larger countries like America and Russia and have their culture erased by globalization.

in MGS2 Kojima predicted the internet age, in MGSV he predicted the age of nationalism making a return to the political stage.
>>
File: chicodiedhere.jpg (440 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
chicodiedhere.jpg
440 KB, 1280x720
>>343926119
poetry
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.