[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>TPS Controller >FPS Keyboard and mouse Prove me wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: giphy.gif (919 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
919 KB, 500x320
>TPS

Controller

>FPS

Keyboard and mouse

Prove me wrong
>>
Tps are still better with mouse. Any 3d game is
>>
What? How does that make sense, third person shooters benefit from the increased speed and precision the same as FPS games do unless it's something deliberately made to be slow and clunky like Resident Evil 4.
>>
>>343917672

How is it better?
>>
>>343917760
>unless it's something deliberately made to be slow and clunky like Resident Evil 4.
>t-the controls are shit on purpose!!!
RE4fags everyne.
>>
>>343917471
You mean racing games op.
>>
>>343917846
Faster, more precise camera movement. Same reason why FPS games play better with a mouse.
>>
>>343917978
Do you really believe that not being able to move while aiming is some kind of mistake on the devs' part? You might be an actual retard if that's the case.
>>
>>343917471
>multiplayer
Controller/comsole

>single player
Kb+m on pc

Prove me wrong
>>
>>343917471
This. I play Tomb Raider with a controller. Feels a million times better when I contr over the shoulder stuff with just a controller, and FPS should be mouse and keyboard because it's like an extension of your own hand.
>>
File: 1457804622883.jpg (397 KB, 1600x880) Image search: [Google]
1457804622883.jpg
397 KB, 1600x880
>>343917471
>Shooters
KB+M
>Shooter mech games
Controller or two flight sticks
Do note that these are for immersion, not for being the best.
>>
>>343917846
The same reason it's better for fps, you fucking idiot
>>
>>343917672
>Any 3d game
Don't be delusional. You'll have a hell of a time dodging in precise directions your character isn0't facing in any action games, be it as slow as Dark Souls or as fast as DMC. Hell try playing Witcher 2 combat in Dark difficulty with KBM and then with a controller, the difference is night and day since you can dodge in any direction no matter where you're facing, and without losing sight of the enemy.
>>
>>343918997
What, you mean pressing a combination of two keys at once is too difficult? Dark Souls would be easier on keyboard + mouse if the ports weren't garbage. Unlocking the camera gives you more freedom of movement, and moving it is second nature if you're moving the mouse.
>>
A shitpost.
I'LL BAIT IT! NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW!
>>
>>343919316
>8 directions is the same as analogue
>>
>>343917471
metroid prime
>>
>>343917672
Devil May Cry
>>
>>343919697
Name 5 games that cannot be played perfectly without analog movement, I'll wait. Also fucking Dark Souls doesn't even allow you to roll in 8 directions
>>
>>343917471
Nope.

Any shooter is K+M.
>>
>>343917471
>S
>controller

wrong
>>
File: 1456775529456.gif (121 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1456775529456.gif
121 KB, 200x200
>>343919958
>Cannot be played perfectly
Smash Bros.
Smash Bros. Melee
Smash Bros. Brawl
Smash Bros. Wii U
Smash Bros. 3DS

Smash Attack inputs don't work without analogue input.
>>
>>343919958
I'm not talking about what can be played, I'm talking about what's better. Show me any DMC pro playing with KBM
>>
>>343919958
>Also fucking Dark Souls doesn't even allow you to roll in 8 directions
Only in Dark Souls 1 and only while locked on
>>
>>343920579
Which inputs in DMC require analog controls?
>>
>>343920759
lmao so keyboard + mouse would actually allow you to roll in more directions easily because lock on would be irrelevant
>>
As long as the game allows free look, kb+m will always be better.
>>
>>343920876
None.
But that's also where it gets weird, because it doesn't require any anlog controls, so it also doesn't require a mouse.
I'd feel weird having both my hands on the keyboard, and I think games like DMC are too simple to say "4 face buttons and shoulder buttons aren't enough"
>>
>>343921017
Sure, if you're willing to lose sight of the enemy by pointing the camera away from it to roll. Not a great strategy. And it's perfectly playable without locking on in a controller, just as MonHun is.

>>343920876
Rolling in any direction between the eight allowed by KB.
>>
>>343921442
The point wasn't about the mouse or camera controls in general. You were saying that movement in these games would somehow be more difficult without analog controls, which is a load of shit since there's nothing in the games that can't be preformed with digital inputs alone. Playing games like DMC where camera movement is very minimal and you have to have a lot of buttons on hand works well with the gamepad, but it's not because movement is somehow easier than it would be with kb+m.
>>
>>343921708
>Sure, if you're willing to lose sight of the enemy by pointing the camera away from it to roll. Not a great strategy.

wew lad, did you even play the game? Though even if this were the case and you couldn't just press S to roll backwards while keeping the camera on the enemy, it still wouldn't be much of a problem because you can do a 160 spin almost instantly if you're using a mouse.
>>
>>343921849
>You were saying
I'm someone else and kind of backing you up.
There's very few games where analog movement is necessary. Maybe racing games.
>>
>>343917471
max payne
>>
>>343918997

>Hell try playing Witcher 2 combat in Dark difficulty with KBM and then with a controller, the difference is night and day since you can dodge in any direction no matter where you're facing, and without losing sight of the enemy.

>what is pressing S + Space
>Hurr durr I'm fucking retarded
>>
Any game where the aiming reticule is centered on the screen at all times is better with a mouse
>>
>>343917471
Let's be honest, video game control methods aren't perfect at all yet. You can have the good accuracy and speed of a mouse, but limited movement with a keyboard. You can have poor aiming with a controller, but more precise movement.
>>
>>343917471
Resident Evil 6 controls far better on kb+m than controller
>>
>>343917471
Depends. On a third-person game like Metal Gear, where arguably movement is more important, a controller is better. If aiming is more important, then a mouse and keyboard.
>>
File: Slavoj_Zizek_in_Liverpool_2.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Slavoj_Zizek_in_Liverpool_2.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
ALL games with camera control on right stick

>KB&M > Controller

This is fact
>>
>>343923208
Even Mario Sunshine?
>>
>>343923579
GC only so irrelevant

Dolphinfags can report their experience itt if they want
>>
>>343920369
>Smash Bros. Wii U
>Smash Bros. 3DS

>Smash Attack inputs don't work without analogue input.
Actually you can configure those two to do smash attacks without analog input in the control settings.
>>
also a third person control setup undeniably better on kb+m: games with hold a button to run + right stick camera control

you can actually sprint and look around in assassin's creed for instance
>>
no, a good game can be played in both first person and third person. and keyboard is always better for aiming
>>
>>343918595
This
>>
>>343917846
Why is it better with a controller? How about that?
>>
>Shooters
KB+M
>Action games such as Platinum
Controller.
>>
>>343920369

could easily be played properly with a button modifier such as holding shift or a controller button while doing smash input.

In fact, this would be superior and if were accessible in game would be standard among tournament players.

Theres a reason a lot of players disable jump on up so they can do up smashes more consistently.
>>
>>343919697
when will this meme end.

With WASD in combination of mouse look you can move in literally any degree of motion you want. Its more precise than analogue
>>
I can't comprehend how people are able to play games with free camera with a controller. I tried it. It's floaty as fuck and feels like playing with a thick input lag.
>>
>>343924739
This.
>>
>>343917846
Have you ever gone to click on something and missed?
>>
controllers are more comfy
I'd rather have a nice controller in my lap than have to set up an extra 3 feet of desk just to set up my computer so I don't eternally fuck my wrists up.
>>
>>343917471
It's not that simple. Nothing is.
>>
Playstation Move+Navigation controller=Wiimote+Nunchuck>>>>kb+m>control pad
It's seriously the best shit ever for aiming and the most fun/immersive. Inb4 waggle
>>
lads, third person shooters look fucking shit with a mouse - the camera is spazzing about everywhere when it's supposed to be cinematic
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 207x183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 207x183
>>343925368
>100% accuracy in every game he owns
>>
File: 4 da playerz.jpg (163 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
4 da playerz.jpg
163 KB, 720x960
>>343926903
i no rite
>>
>>343919356
UNHAND HER DAN BACKSLIDE
>>
>>343925586
>controllers are more comfy
For you.
>I'd rather have a nice controller in my lap than have to set up an extra 3 feet of desk just to set up my computer so I don't eternally fuck my wrists up.
Yeah, YOU'd rather.

And controllers are also ergonomically damaging.
>>
>>343917471
This is true because the only TPS worth playing is Vanquish and that's not on PC.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.