[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ where should I start with Metroidvania, I've already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: castlevania map.jpg (349 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
castlevania map.jpg
349 KB, 1920x1080
/v/ where should I start with Metroidvania, I've already played Castlevania I, II, and IV
>>
start with SOTN, then play through the gba and ds games
>>
>>343908907
This, basically. There are no bad Metroidvanias in the actual Castlevania series, only not-so-amazing ones like HoD and PoR.
>>
You haven't played a single metroidvania, you have only played castlevania.

Play the SNES and GBA Metroid games.
Symphony of the Night.
GBA and DS castlevania games.
>>
play the DS Castlevanias
>>
>>343908785
SotN then GBA Castlevanias then DS Castlevanias in release order
>>
File: DK Special.gif (10 KB, 74x81) Image search: [Google]
DK Special.gif
10 KB, 74x81
I've heard that there's some sort of co-op Castlevania out there.

What is it? And can I get it on PC?
>>
>>343909230
Fuck you, PoR a best.
>>343909627
Harmony of Despair. PS3 and 360 only because Konami hates us.
>>
>>343908785
why did you skip 3? Don't do that
>>
>>343909883
The only thing PoR has over the others is that double team final boss. Everything else is pretty meh.
>Weapons and assets recycled entirely from DoS (which were already mostly worse versions of the AoS weapons)
>Abililty collection is lame, the partner system makes it worse
>Not only normal enemies but entire bosses are recylced without changing their attack patterns, including bosses that had been recycled before already
>Padded out environment (have to go through every zone twice and none of them are great to begin with)
The only thing it has over DoS is the fact that it doesn't utilise the awful Magic Seal stylus system. Like I said, none of them are bad, but PoR isn't amazing by any means.
>>
>>343909883
I've just looked it up, and it pushes my co-op buttons. I bet Konami would make some great pocket money if they just did some slap-ports to Steam.

>>343908907
>>343909232
>>343909336
Would you say that there is a definitive edition of Symphony of the Night?
>>
>>343912659
>definitive edition
m8, back then games were released completely.
>>
>>343912659
ps1
>>
File: 1466648947481.jpg (34 KB, 576x418) Image search: [Google]
1466648947481.jpg
34 KB, 576x418
>Decide to replay SotN on my Vita
>mfw I discover the inverted castle

I honestly did know know about it for years and that was the biggest surprise to me
>>
>>343909232
That's why I said "Where should I start with metroidvania"
>>
>>343913374
But there were a bunch of versions with different content, even between regions.
>>343914060
Thanks.
>>
>>343908785
>where should I start with Metroidvania
>btw I've already started
???
>>
>>343908785

>people recommending OP play SoTN before playing Rondo

listen OP SoTN is a direct sequel to Rondo of Blood
Aria/Dawn of Sorrow are the sequels to SoTN

don't play these games out of order unless you can help it
they're all good
Rondo + SoTN is sort of the pinnacle of the series pretty much
>>
File: BLAST_MY_FUCKING_FACE.gif (2 MB, 303x277) Image search: [Google]
BLAST_MY_FUCKING_FACE.gif
2 MB, 303x277
>>343915318
There's a difference between castlevania games and metroidvania games you fucking retard
>>
fw castlevania harmony of despair on PC never
>>
>>343908785
Guacamelee
>>
>>343908785
Thought that was Terraria in the thumbnail.

Has anyone ever recreated a Castlevania game's layout in Terraria?
>>
Op, try Treasure Adventure Game

It's good, huge and free

Anon recommends
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.