[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3 PvP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 1280x720
>2 hours of PvP
>Every invasion was a minimum 2v1

How is this fun? As an invader I don't expect any unwritten rules to be followed, don't give a fuck if you chug, but the constant stream of stun lock fights are killing me. Where do you go for some actual PvP over this shit?

>inb4 git gud
>>
not gonna lie op i gave up on trying to solo invade and now i just do it with aldrich bros, cos at least instead of a 3v1 it'll be a 3v2 or 3. invading is dead. its rare to win against 3 unless u a parry king or the host and phantoms split up or do something dumb.
>>
ur not hardcore enough...
>>
>>343901005
Get fucked, invader
>>
>>343901005
GIT OUT
>>
>Where do you go for some actual PvP

Back to the previous games
>>
>>343901005
Invade as Aldrich Faithful, usually it's a 2v2 fight.
>>
>>343901265
I've recently started playing, didn't have the time at release, but remember seeing the threads back then of this issue, hoped it would have died down by now.

Guess not, I'll try Aldrich invasion and see how that works, thanks anyway.
>>
Anyone ever used Hollowslayer greatsword for PVP? Two hand moveset is insane i was absolutely creaming fools with it last night, seems like most just engage you because they dont expect a GS to be so fast
>>
>>343901005
If you want honorabu duels put a soapstone sign down at pontiff

other you are at the mercy of whoever you invade so get fucking good
>>
>>343901265
>>343901702
Sometimes it works out even better for you if the cherries and grapes want to help you kill the host too.
>>
>>343901005
I invade a lot whenever I play as a sl35 at Cathedral of the Deep, mainly hunting cops and I'd say I encounter a lonely host about 1 in 5 invades which is quite common if you ask me considering nearly everyone in the zone is just hammering through it to greater things.

I get lots of 3v1, sometimes 4v1 but I mean, it's kinda what i'm expecting. So long as it's not just 2-4 Dark Swords it's pretty fun most the time. It's also great that most of the scaled down higher levels overestimate their hit threshold and eat shit for it.
>>
>>343901005
I'm wondering if you guys are just trolling when you say this because I've invaded a hell of a lot and 3v1 or even 2v1 are really rare for me to come across, and even if I do I manage to beat them easily.
>>
>>343901005
Gitting gud won't work. Time to git creative. First git the obscuring ring and hornet ring. These are vital, you can get away without hornet but obscuring ring to make you invisible from afar is an incredible asset to skirting around the party and setting up traps. Utilizing enemies and the layout is key so if they camp the bonfire, bc out. Use rope firebombs for fleeing or staggerung when they swarm you. I managed to kill someone outright tossing one as I ran not long ago. Greatbows also are your friend, so is any weaponor ability that knocks people off of cliffs.
>>
>>343902173
I tried to get invaded at the Cathedral but its rare that anyone comes even after using the fingers.
>>
>>343902135
yeah usually reds and purples help, but i have had a few times were the purple if there is one just kills anyone because he doesnt need to kill the host. reds kinda just go straight for host most of time
>>
>>343901005
>Invaders on DeS Old Monk encounter
>LOL GIT GUD FAGGOT STOP CRINE
>Invaders on DaS3 invasions
>WTF this is so unfair! WAAAH!
Invaders are massive hypocritical faggots.
>>
>>343902378
Some useful advice thanks. I'm new to the whole hardcore PvP scene. Just made my first ever PvP orientated character (usually just made what ever was fun and hoped it was enough to ward off invaders) so when I was hit with ganks it wasn't the best welcome. Either way I'll try this out.
>>
>>343902378
Silvercat ring can be a life saver too for escaping. Most people don't seem to wear/have the thing so they either won't chase after you or they'll seriously hurt/kill themselves going after you.
>>
>>343903090
What build/weapon are you using?
>>
well you could always go for aldrich faithfulls those guys are playing with their dick up their own ass.
>>
>EVERY invasion was a minimum 2v1
For you.
But if you account for EVERY invasion, since no Invader has priority over another, it's just first come first serve given equal allocation ranges, then there were a decent number, ~30% of all invasions, that were or started 1v1.
>>
I wonder if /v/ finally realizes that das2 did PvP the best
>>
>>343903607
>Slow as shit
I'm playing DS2 now and it's just too fucking slow and floaty.
Oh and needing to dump 20 points into Adaptability for a decent roll.
>>
>>343903389
Still early game so using uchi for now, going for a dex build but thinking of mixing in some magic later just for some buffs or might skip that and just use resins instead. Haven't planned it all out yet really.
>>
>>343903656

Don't confuse game mechanics with PvP design
>>
>>343903857
PvP includes natural game flow, which DS2's is infinitely too slow.
The design of the PvP is great, but the rest of the system bogs it down far too much.

Mechanics-wise, ti still makes DS3 look like a piece of hot shit.
>>
>>343902329
What platform are you playing on? I'm on PS4 and I've seen solo hosts maybe 10% of the time
>>
>>343903607

DeS, without a doubt.
>>
>>343904132
Xbone.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.