[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone help me pick a fighting game from this Big in Japan sale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8
File: street-fighter-v.jpg (71 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
street-fighter-v.jpg
71 KB, 640x400
Someone help me pick a fighting game from this Big in Japan sale pls

Street Fighter V, Dead Or Alive 5, Guilty Gear Xrd -sign- or BlazBlue Chronophantasma Extend?

Also which one is the biggest con? Seems like DOA to me
>>
>>343894870
Sfv for normie game
Xrd for anime
doa for mods and easy
>>
>>343894870
But LR won't be getting any new versions unlike the others.
>>
>>343894870
>SFV
>big in japan
lol, game is dying in nippon because it didn't have an arcade release. Listen to this >>343895437 guy though.
>>
SFV.

Blazblue is getting a new release in August, Guilty Gear already has its new version released and DoA5 has a F2P demo that you could try before buying.
>>
>>343895437
>Mods
>ps4

>>343894870
Xrd is old already. The new GG is revelator. And even then Revelator is dead already. Its a good game, but with a dying fanbase.

DOA5 is fun if you a fucking casual. Which you might be considering you are asking /v/. titties and simple fighting mechanics.

BB CE is old already.

SFV is the latest SF and the main competitive fg right now.
>>
>>343894870
SFV is the only alive game out of that list, the rest is down to preference
>>
>>343894870
Idk about DOA.
SFV has mixed views, buy it only if you're a fan of the series and if you're mostly interested in multiplayer. The game is released as a platform so it will be updated continuously.

Xrd-Sign is outdated since Revelator has been released. GG is a great game that isn't as weeb as other anime fighters.

Same with Chronophantasma, Blazblue : Central Fiction is coming soon. It still has a decent amount of content but good luck finding anyone online.
>>
>>343894870
GGXrdR for main game
SFV for side game since Capcom games are still fun but SFV is unpolished as fuck at with 8f delay and just generally feels like it needs work like all SFs do at first.

Revelator is great though.
Great netplay
Great characters
GG allows for even shit tier characters to be good if you have meter to make shit happen.
Great ost

GGXrdR also has the best lobby/custom lobby system i've seen in a game period. The avatars are adorable and fishing is a fun form of gambling. Its a hairs stretch away from being as good as AC+R and its better then AC.
>>
>>343896728
>GG
>Dead
Not unless you're a yuropoor you'll find plenty of people on XrdR. Not as many as SFV yeah but enough for it not to matter NA/Japan have plenty of people online and GG commonly has locals in most states.

I don't understand why people keep calling GG dead when it gets decent numbers for a non Capcom game at every tournament and has people online and locals in most areas be it a smaller amount then SF
>>
>Paying &60 for an upgrade
I'll never understand GG apologists
>>
>>343894870

DOA has simple mechanics that even casuals can get into. IF you learn how to git gud, you'll stomp casuals and you get to have fun with online warriors and tourney players. And you actually fight instead of depending on setup and other bullshit. DOA is a fun game

SFV is good. If you want to play something worthwhile, I suggest this one. You can earn anything, and the game is a platform in itself so its going to constantly evolve over time. People are just starting to jump on it now with the new content coming out, and the season pass if you want it is only 30. It comes with the premium costumes and all the season one characters available as it comes out. You'll want to get this if you want to make an experience out of playing a FG.

Blazblue and GG are dead/dying games. The biggest rip off by far of the list. Atlus makes cash cow fighters, and these are no different. Xrd is worthless as it stands since its new version just came out, and that's already waning in interest.

Blazblue been dead. By all means, I love the game but I like competition - this one isn't for an online player - no one's really playing it.

Sure as the sun comes up, you'll eventually be trying to figure out what to do with GG or BB when the already small community jumps ship for the new 60 dollar title.
>>
>>343898120
GG apologist here. Well i guess i'm not really apologizing when i say this. I just enjoy GG enough that i'll let them Jew me. I think its BS there isn't a expansion style upgrade option for Sign owners but fuck Revelator is good and i don't regret it because of how much i like GG.

If you don't love it and just like it though i can understand its BS but the fighter genre is riddled with this shit in general. Its gotten alot better at it but just look at how SFV wants PS4 players to pay 4$ per "premium costume." and how last gen UMVC3 came out 8 months later for barely less then full price.

I'm just used to dealing with it because i get thousands of hours out of GG/SF/KOF games.
>>
>>343898379

>Earn anything on sfv

mb bro I meant everything except premium costumes
>>
>>343898028
Read the OP
>Guilty Gear Xrd -sign-
Sign is long dead

Plus the numbers for revelator aren't great, you have to be in one of the few spots it is sort of popular (which usually means about 64 players at a good time) or have really good internet
>>
>>343898379
>GG is dead/dying
>Revelator is losing interest

Objectively wrong GG has been gaining steam slowly even in the West and just recently stopped gaining steam and has been in the same spot for a few months. Keep spouting shit like this when Evo has over 1k entries for it and tournaments like AnimEvo and CEOtaku will get 400-500.

But its okay make a SFV comparison like what i listed isn't still a relevant amount of people. Also whenever i go online i have no trouble finding people. Are you from Europe or something because that is the only excuse to call GG dead.
>>
File: 1466528973301.jpg (95 KB, 820x815) Image search: [Google]
1466528973301.jpg
95 KB, 820x815
SFV is the biggest game in the FGC right now. Also after last patch shit is pretty good.

DoA is only good if you are interested in waifus and not actually playing the game.

Don't get GG Sign. That would be like getting SFIV vanilla instead of Ultra.

Blazblue is legit good shit but there will be anothet one in five months. I swear to fuck if I can't play as Jubei...
>>
>>343898610

I play it over a friend's house. We go in for online matches - no one. Its not Persona dead, but the game's lacking people my man. I'm not trying to to sound like an asshole if I'm coming off as one, its simply my experience.

And in my experience the game's fucking dead.

Between Revelator and Chrono, I've had more people on Chrono -and that's not allot my man
>>
File: 1467724087223.png (759 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1467724087223.png
759 KB, 1200x675
>>343898610
>>
>>343898401
Can we not pretend that paying cosmetics is the same as paying for the entire next iteration of a fighting game
I'm not the biggest fan of Capcom but at least this time around the balance updates are free and the characters are potentially free too
>>
DoA is easier to get into, plus has a pretty extensive tutorial.
>>
>>343898705
>biggest game in the FGC right now
KEK
Typical delusional SF pleb
>>
>>343899170
>england
>tiny fuckoff island in a corner of the map

Post the numbers for the american lobbies during american evening
>>
>>343894870
New version of GG is out so you won't get any online matches in sign, SF5 will be packed online forever, not sure on bb or doa as I don't play dem
>>
Sorry to hijacks OP's thread a little bit, but I just got a PS4 two days ago. What are some recommendations from this Big in Japan sale, or recommendations in general?
>>
File: CmSdOyrWYAEyJO9.jpg (76 KB, 694x520) Image search: [Google]
CmSdOyrWYAEyJO9.jpg
76 KB, 694x520
>>343898610
Actually GG is down this year going off evo entrants
>>
>>343899301
>literally twice as many players in every major tournament than the entire rest of the lineup.

The game is shit but you are straight delusional if you think it isn't the biggest game in the FGC.
>>
>>343899954
>ignoring Smash
Delusional

I bet your reply will be "SMASH ISNT A FIGHTING GAME!!!"
>>
>>343899954
It also has more than twice the entry of Ultra last year
>>
>UNIEL online will live again for a week or two with the steam release

I'll have to make the most of this
>>
>>343900034
5000 is twice as many as 2500

Smash autists not only smell bad and shit in pools, they also cannot count?
>>
>>343900034
Don't you have a pool to shit in?
>>
File: 14677333899561830933297.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
14677333899561830933297.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
>>343899317
He did post an American lobby but he'said also being retarded. There are at least 100 playing in Europe. Which is a lot for an anime game
>>
>>343900034
>SFV has twice as many entrants
>Ignoring Smash
>2600 to 5000
>"It's not completely twice as much so ha! I win! snort snort"

You in middle school bro?
>>
>>343900510

It's sad as hell when you want to play an anime game that isn't current.

>want to play Persona Arena
>lobby has three level 20000 players
>play one of them
>instant touch of death
>play the second one
>slideshow tier lag
>>
File: 2Gouken2Furious.png (187 KB, 688x382) Image search: [Google]
2Gouken2Furious.png
187 KB, 688x382
>>343894870
SFV is shit
DOA5 is meh
Xrd -sign- is outdated
Blazblue is shit

Play Melty Blood.
>>
File: doink-clown.jpg (49 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
doink-clown.jpg
49 KB, 600x300
>>343900034
Listen.
I love Smash.
I also think SFV is a big pile of shit.

But you may be on the spectrum if you look at tournament numbers and can't see that SFV is the biggest thing going in the FGC.
>>
>>343899301
Arguments about its quality are debatable but you're completely fucking delusional to not think it's the biggest game.
>>
>>343894870
disregard all
acquire melty blood
>>
>>343901135

>weeaboo garbage

b8?
>>
sfv literally no contest.

all other games are not cross play and have no community because every new update requires you to buy the whole game over again.

in sf5 you just buy characters and you can buy them for free with fight money. youll never have to buy the whole game again.
>>
>>343894870

Xrd is the best one.
SF5 has the most players.
BB is more of a singleplayer animu game.
The other titles aren't really mass appeal games.
>>
File: Kouma_mbaa.png (19 KB, 262x368) Image search: [Google]
Kouma_mbaa.png
19 KB, 262x368
>>343901369
The entire list is weeaboo garbage so at least play fun weeaboo garbage
>>
>>343901135
found the french bread.
>>
I bought the SFV+SP for <60$

Seeing as the game still goes for that price at physical without the SP and how the game requires heavy updates anyway I assume I made the right choice?
>>
>>343900893
It's always worse for europe as the original Xrd Sign never got a the latest patch, meaning if you had he euro version you could only play with people with 1.01. with Rev we got lucky as arksys is usually shit with europe
>>
Can't wait for KoF to come out and have people say that fighting games are saved.

Then wonder why no one plays it a month later
>>
SFV is the only one that isn't outdated.
>>
Is it odd that I can't recall seeing one bit of DOA's gameplay in years? SF5 is the only fighting game I currently play, but I've at least caught glimpses of most other games. Only thing I associate with DOA is people arguing over half naked women.
>>
>>343901657
SP is free you retard.
>>
>>343901749
>Then wonder why no american plays it a month later

Fixing your post.
>>
>>343901804
Personally I think it's a fantastic game to watch.

Play? Not really my thing and I hear VF fags bitch and moan about it a lot but it seems to have a dedicated community that regularly show up to events so it can't be that bad.
>>
>>343901862

No one wants to play with Koreans and Mexicans
>>
There isn't much of a choice. SFV is the most popular game. Xrd is anime and niche but more unique game. Everything else is pretty much dead.
>>
>>343901956
Sign's deader than DOA.
>>
>>343901951
You forgot the brazilians and chinese

Lets face it, KoF is a dead series in america but pretty lively in other countries.
>>
>>343901862

So it's dead then. If America and Japan don't support it, it's not going to thrive.

You'll see it in small tournies or have it be an early game at EVO for a year or two, but it'll be dropped just like everything that isn't Capcom.

I'd much rather see KoF get big than having to watch KI or any NR garbage, but it's far too niche even with hardcore FGC peeps
>>
>>343902178
It's pretty lively in other countries.

Speaking as a Brazilian, every "japanese culture" event had a decent sized XIII tournament going.

KoF always has been a Latin American game.
>>
>>343902149
>Sign
No shit, Sherlock. Maybe because newer version is released?
>>
>>343902178
KI's a great game.
MKX is trash though.

XIV might see a lot more japanese support given the current level of interest we're seeing at playable builds.

>>343902401
Considering that OP is talking about sign specifically?
>>
>>343901862
The countries where people like kof are the ones which can't afford ps4s
>>
>>343901820
Maybe he wants those premium costumes
>>
>>343894870
Erm...
>DOA5
If you want a fun game that is really accessible. It's a 3D fighter, also (though side-stepping doesn't help you avoid anything at all really.
It's also a pretty funny party game and you can change the boob physics to get a laugh out of the boys assuming you have friends

>SFV
If you want a game you can get good at and plan on trying that, again, is not all that difficult. It's also the newest of the options so it won't be obsolete by the end of the year.
It's also way more accessible than SFIV was.

>GuiltyGear or BlavBlue
If you plan on only ever playing it and want a game that's a little too complicated. Also, you probably won't be able to play it with your friends.

I generally see fighters as fun couch games to play with my mates. I played Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat as a wee babby and it made the kids I didn't like tolerable (because I could beat them up). So, if that aspect of it is important to you you should definitely go for SFV or DOA - depending on how tits affect your friends.

There's a new King of Fighters out in August as well. And there's always Tekken or Smash and Pokken on Wii U
>>
>>343902602
It is true that they should've released the PS4 version alongside the Steam.

But i feel like there will be some mileage.

>>343902660
I honestly think Blazblue is pretty mash friendly seeing you can chain most of the moves and you have the drive button stuff or one button specials.
>>
SFV will continually be updated through this year and 2017 at the very least.

Biggest pool of people to play online with too.
>>
>>343894870
Sign is dead now that Revelator is out.
CPEX is dying.
DoA5 is irrelevant.
SFV is active but unpolished.
>>
>>343900315
>>343900464
What's this pool shitting meme?
>>
>>343894870
If you want to play online, then go for the biggest userbase.
>>
>>343903226
Some smash fag actually did it on the Hotel pool during CEO.
>>
>>343903226
>meme
It's an actual thing that happened
>>
>>343903226
https://twitter.com/khscar12/status/746961858188324864

A smash guy did it.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.