[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Havent played any of these, which order should I play them in?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
File: dmc bayonetta.jpg (397 KB, 2000x1140) Image search: [Google]
dmc bayonetta.jpg
397 KB, 2000x1140
Havent played any of these, which order should I play them in? (no wii u for Bayonetta 2)
>>
>>343887445
DMC > DMC2 > DMC3SE > Bayonetta
>>
>>343888319
/thread

Also playing Bayo in ps3 is complete shit so don't even bother.
>>
>>343888497
They patched it. It's way way better now, than it was on release.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAvnSHclpXo
>>
File: 1457715897980.jpg (18 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1457715897980.jpg
18 KB, 450x600
>>343888319
>DMC2 above DMC3 and Bayonetta
>>
File: 1464834488784.gif (151 KB, 372x369) Image search: [Google]
1464834488784.gif
151 KB, 372x369
>>343888765
>being retarded
This is the order OP asked for.
>>
>>343888765
stupid animeposter.
>>
File: smug donte face.png (34 KB, 549x470) Image search: [Google]
smug donte face.png
34 KB, 549x470
>>343888865
>>343888913
The only retards here are you two for even recommending DMC2 to be played.
>>
>>343887445
Buy an Xbox and play NGB instead.
>>
>>343889157
DMC2 is not a great game, but skipping it is fucking stupid.
>>
File: Dante-DMC2.png (467 KB, 766x768) Image search: [Google]
Dante-DMC2.png
467 KB, 766x768
>>343889342
>don't skip a bad game that shouldn't even be part of the series, much less ever acknowledged again
You will miss absolutely nothing. The story is paper thin, and unlike other DMC entries, you don't have dante's campy humor to fall back on.

Here, have an image of DMC2 Dante. The only redeemable aspect of the game. Despite making Dante a total edgelord, it did look pretty cool. Maybe give the OST a listen as well. Skip DMC2 and play something better with your time.
>>
>>343889652
You don't even need to play the garbage that is DMC2 to enjoy this Dante design.
Just play SMT3 instead which has Dante as major companion later in the story and uses his DMC2 design.
>>
I bought he shitty Donte game when Blockbuster was closing for like $1. Is it even worth playing if you've played all the Devil May Cry games? It's been sitting on my shelf for over 2 years now.
>>
File: Dante-Nocturne.jpg (559 KB, 1562x2280) Image search: [Google]
Dante-Nocturne.jpg
559 KB, 1562x2280
>>343889762
Very true

Also have a song from DMC2's

https://youtu.be/Mmx_ycWgfuI
>>
>>343889652
You will miss radical bosses: Boss Helicopter, Boss Tank and Boss Building.
>>
>>343889803
>Is it even worth playing if you've played all the Devil May Cry games?
It doesn't really offer anything to fans of the originals. It's not entirely horrible, better than the average western action games at least, but that's not really saying much at all. You will most definitely cringe a few times watching the cutscenes. The game acts oblivious to how edgy and rebellious it is, and comes off as if it's so in love with itself.
>>
File: waitwha.jpg (38 KB, 297x545) Image search: [Google]
waitwha.jpg
38 KB, 297x545
>>343890247
The boss building was actually one of the few boss fights I didn't mind. Fuck those other two you listed. And fuck that giant floating 3 head fight too. And that goddamn flying moth. DMC2 had so many fights where you would just stand around and shoot bosses, wittling their health down for at least 10 minutes.
>>
>>343889157
It takes less than 4 hours to complete.

Since it comes in the collection there is no reason not to, it's not that bad.
>>
File: Arius.png (161 KB, 346x563) Image search: [Google]
Arius.png
161 KB, 346x563
>>343890247
I'd say that the helicopter sequence would have been slightly better if it had been a unique level. It's the fourth boss in a single mission, and it really shows how off the pacing of DMC2 is.
The building boss isn't that bad, but it's also hampered by the fact that the entire mission is devoted to it, and how it's the very next mission after infested chopper.
>>
>>343887445
get dmc 4 too anon, great game. shame you don't have a wii u, bayo 1 and 2 play great there.
anyway I agree with this order >>343888319
dmc 5 when bros?
>>
>>343887445

It depends on your tastes

Starting with Bayonetta is not criminal but it's suggested you start with the DMC series first anyway for historical reasons. Do not go in playing Bayonetta like DMC. Despite the massive glaring similarities at first, Bayo plays very differently.

DMC you can start with either 1 or 3. 1 is a good game, the grandfather to all great things you see in stylish action games today but very prototype. Playable, dated, but still comes with its own sense of charm.

DMC3 is great and is overall considered the best of these three games for very good reasons. It's also got the only wholly competent story to exist in an action game ever. However DMC1 may be harder to play if it spoils you. Or not, since DMC3 is a prequel to 1.

Personally my order of suggestion is: DMC1 > Skip DMC2, unless you want to play it for the sake of simply knowing how bad it is. Don't feel inclined in the slightest to sit through any of it to the end > DMC3 > Bayonetta
>>
>>343889803

>Is it even worth playing if you've played all the Devil May Cry games?

Think of it similarly to DMC2

Play it if you want to see the trainwreck. I mean, that's not to say it's AS bad, just the mindset needed is what I'm referring to here. Otherwise no.
>>
>>343893706
Thanks, I think this is a likely order I'll go with, I will try DMC2 at some point but the warnings are noted, looking forward to them, I feel like I missed out on a lot of really good Japanese games when I was young and now i'm making up for it.
>>
>>343890247
Can they be worse than the Boss Worm in 3? Is that even possible?
>>
>>343894672

>I feel like I missed out on a lot of really good Japanese games when I was young and now i'm making up for it.

While we're on this note and the topic of stylish action games, here's a list of essentials you should check out.

>Ninja Gaiden Black (XBox original, also on the XBM for 360)
>Ninja Gaiden II (vanilla, 360)
>God Hand (PS2)
>Viewtiful Joe (PS2/GC, GC preferred for better performance but PS2 version is doable)
>Vanquish (PS3/360, doesn't matter)
>Wonderful 101 (Wii U)

For most of these games there's a ton of extremely amazing videos of high level players. Once you get what's going on in these games, you'll hardly believe what you see on some of them. It's what got me so interested in the subgenre, seeing all the different ways people bend the rules to be stylish.
>>
>>343895841
>Vanquish

It's a third person shooter anon. It doesn't really fit with the others.

>it has melee

Not anything really useful however, especially on God Hard. On God Hard, grenades are your friend.
>>
>>343895841
>Vanquish (PS3/360, doesn't matter)
While it's definitely stylish, I wouldn't group it with the rest.
>>
>>343896058
>>343896452

It certainly doesn't play like them but I figured it was worth a mention anyway. Super slowly but surely people are finding ways to put it mechanically up to par and interest.
>>
>>343897279
>Super slowly but surely people are finding ways to put it mechanically up to par and interest.
Definitely, I think it has an incredibly high skill ceiling, I just think that it's different enough from the DMC-like games that, while a technical masterpiece, it should stay grouped out.
I wouldn't put fighting games inside "stylish action games", regardless of being the more technical games.
You might very well be interested in Vanquish after playing DMC, but I think they're mechanically different enough to make such a connection the exception rather than the rule.
Still, I do recommend Vanquish to anybody with a even small interest in mechanically-driven games.
>>
>>343895841
I've only played Vanquish out of that list, it was excellent although I failed quite miserably on the harder difficulty on second playthrough at the first boss.
>>
>>343899515

Then you may enjoy this if you haven't seen it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWGfXaXlzoI

Also look forward to VST8 this Saturday. Not many entrants but there will be a very good Vanquish video up I can tell you that.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.