[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me how this game works? Every choice in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: Zero Escape.png (317 KB, 835x469) Image search: [Google]
Zero Escape.png
317 KB, 835x469
Can someone explain to me how this game works? Every choice in this game does not matter at all, because you can simply pick both choices, or change the result in a different timeline.

For example, as C-team I chose Q-Team to die, however when I played as Q-Team and D-Team I could make C-team die instead, meaning I would end up with two different timelines?

Can someone please explain why choices and twists matter? Zero Escape series seems incredibly interesting.
>>
>>343884506
There's no easy way to explain it other than telling you to play the games for yourself, they will (mostly) make sense.
>>
Did you not play the other 2 games?

Its a VN. The story is about time travel and multiple timelines. You're supposed to play through every timeline.
>>
>>343884720

But then there is no coherent story? I know the basics of the first two games, but it seemed to weird having to do "difficult choices" when they really don't matter at all. Will it pay off if I just continue to play?
>>
>>343884840
You'be never played a VN before, huh. There is always a "true" timeline. Its always the last one you play through. Each other timeline gradually reveals more about the characters and events of the game.
>>
>>343884840
ZTD's ending is weak but ultimately ties everything about the various timelines together.
>>
what i dont understand is

why am i allowed to jump to the middle or end of a timeline before playing the first segment?

and why am i in timelines where c team is kill when i never voted for that?

i suspect the latter will be explained in a twist though.
>>
>>343885131
Just play the game. Have another (You).
>>
>>343885131
>and why am i in timelines where c team is kill when i never voted for that?
In order to get to the true ending, you're going to have to vote for that.
>>
>>343885131
Because of memory loss you can jump to the middle or end. You dont remember where on the timeline you are but you already lived the past events.
>>
Does the quality of this game get better? I just came straight off VLR and this one feels like a massive downgrade. I really loved the previous entries and I want to learn more but I'm just not enjoying this right now.
>>
>>343884506

Basically the idea is that you progress in some routes by using information you can only learn on different routes you get on by making different choices- for example, there's a bad ending where you're given a password that you need to know to unlock the true ending.

It's interesting because you're basically encouraged to make asshole choices and fuck things up in order to gain information to create the timeline where everyone lives happily ever after.
>>
>>343885131

You being able to do fragments in timelines that require combinations in the initial vote that you didn't actually do is probably just because they didn't want to force you to "grind" every result before jumping into the main part of the game.

You do eventually have to "grind" all four outcomes (it always remembers the last vote combo, so to get Q-teams you have to re-vote for them as C and D, and so on) to clear the game, however- it's a common thing people get stuck on, since it's a choice made at the beginning but not doing it doesn't really block you until the late game.
>>
I think your choices actually matter in this game more than most
>>
>>343884506
>>343884840
>I know the basics of the first two games
Play 999 first idiot
>>
>>343884840

Holy FUCKING SHIT PLAY THE FIRST TWO GAMES SCUMFUCKER
>>
Just finished the rec room. Holy shit, the heart puzzle, what the fuck? And then the dice rolling at the end of the fragment, is it really just chance or I'm supposed to do it again at another time?
>>
>>343889878
Three times.
>>
>>343889878

Several of the decision games are random or scripted to appear random. You win the dice roll by the third attempt, for example. You come back to it later in the story.
>>
>>343889915
>>343889969
Oh okay, thanks anons.
>>
tfw my friend had a massive negative reaction to this game beyond it just being a weak sequel.

He was super mad about everything in it to the point it legit upset him. I knew he was passionate about games and stuff but it really surprised me to see him so affected.

It's pretty awkward too because I quite liked it.
>>
Play the first two games you fucking cocksucking idiot
>>
>>343884506

Since you're apparently not caring about spoilers I'll just clue you in-

Zero Escape's routes are not separate from each other.
>>
>>343890160
just support him it's not easy being autistic
>>
Its retarded. It made sense in the previous game but not on this one.

To know the map of the choices transforms the game into just a ticking checkboxes simulator.

There is no pressure, no risk or any deep thought on decisions because you know you will have to do both ways regardless.

Frankly to make it effective you would need to remove the ? boxes on the map and restrict shift a bit more.
>>
>>343893574

But you chould do that in VLR too. You had to check off every route.
>>
>>343893574
This

Having to do both decisions anyways makes the choices useless.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.