[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 1280x720
Who was right?
>>
Your mom
>>
Neither,
>>
The Empire is right, but I can understand why the Stormcloaks are upset with the empire, given the current situation and their inability to see the bigger picture
>>
Cyrodil's empire is a sham. There's no significant advantage to skyrim joining tjem, the Thalmor do not have the strength to launch an invasion into skyrim on their own if the militias weren't busy fighting for independence.
>>
>>343880949
given the chance I would have fucked over both of them, but the stormcloacks were the more retarded of the two so fuck them the most
>>
>>343883118
> There's no significant advantage to skyrim joining them
>posts the advantage in the very next sentence
>>
>>343880949

Empire

>>343882360

I don't honestly.

They honor a dick.

There leader murdered the High king

>ib4 he did it in the traditional way

He had no actual claim and he knew the High King as an intellectual and not a warrior.

Ulfric will never go to soverngard
>>
>>343883417
I'm saying I understand that they're upset that the Empire forced on it's knees by the Thalmor, but don't understand that they're only making things worse
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (499 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
499 KB, 1920x1080
>>343880949
Neither
>>
File: An-Xileel.jpg (117 KB, 449x820) Image search: [Google]
An-Xileel.jpg
117 KB, 449x820
The An-Xileel is the only answer.
>>
stormcucks were literally sponsored by the thalmor
>>
The imperials were turning a blind eye until Ulfric Stormshit went and made a scene in Markarth and floor the empire's hand.
>>
File: aroundelveswatchyourselves.png (18 KB, 527x594) Image search: [Google]
aroundelveswatchyourselves.png
18 KB, 527x594
>>343882360
>>343883417
>>343883619
>literally falling for the elven jew

The North shall never bend its knee.
>>
>>343884350
>made a scene
By that you mean fucking up the Forsworn?
>>
>>343884629
Weakining the Empire is all the Elves want, idot. The stormcloaks are their puppets.
>>
File: dod_avalanche.jpg (64 KB, 620x375) Image search: [Google]
dod_avalanche.jpg
64 KB, 620x375
It's been discussed 1 trillion and 10 times.

If either side is right, it is only barely.
Ulfric is probably power hungry.
Tullius is demonstrably more racist.
Skyrim can't fight Thalmor alone.
But Dominion can't actually fight Skyrim without assistance from the Empire (have to sail around Imperial ports or cross Imperial territory)
The Empire gets weaker and more infiltrated by Thalmor every year.
Torygg was never going to secede, without doubt.
If Nords are entitled to Skyrim then Forsworn are entitled to Markarth.
Ulfric isn't a Thalmor puppet, but he is overly emotional about killing them and doesn't make wise decisions regarding them.
Empire should never have agreed to the White Gold Concordat- they were in a militarily stronger position then than they are 20 years later. Signing the Concordat is an instant fail.
Ulfric should never have assassinated Torygg as it alienated half the country, gave casus belli to the Empire and tainted his claim for the throne. Killing your king is an instant fail.

Let's talk about something else.
>>
>>343885036
>Empire should never have agreed to the White Gold Concordat
Did you even read what happened in the war?
The Dominion came to the empire demanding that exact same thing, Emperor refused, war happened, legion fled to skyrim to gather more force, came back to retake the imperial city, after that the legion was in no shape to continue war, they signed the treaty that was the exact same thing that the dominion demanded 5 years before, which started the war

Entire reason the empire is still a thing is because of that
>>
>>343885551
Man, humans suck.

Elven pride, worldwide!
>>
File: RIP AND TEAR ELF.png (342 KB, 600x517) Image search: [Google]
RIP AND TEAR ELF.png
342 KB, 600x517
>>343885847
NO
>>
SKYREEM IS FO DA NOORDS!
>>
>>343883417
>Ulfric will never go to soverngard
Anon, there is something you should know.
>>
Me because after it all I'm sitting on like ten houses, over a million gold, guilds under my command, in favor of gods aplenty, and covered in bitches and artifacts
>>
File: left.png (76 KB, 335x126) Image search: [Google]
left.png
76 KB, 335x126
>>343880949
>>
Imperials:
>based af Jarl Balgruuf
>Get Ulfric's armor at the end
>Help the elf shitters
>Suck elf dick
>Harder
>Faster
>Yeah, you like that, don't you?
>You little slut

Stormcloaks
>Based Ralof
>Get Tulius's armor at the end
>Well-coordinated and heavily practiced Imperial team beaten by a rag-tag group of nords run by a furry commander and a Jarl with 140 ping
>>
>>343885036
>Tullius is demonstrably more racist.
Not really. He's just frustrated with what he sees as ridiculous Nord traditions. Traditions that he's actually observed, not things he only believes because he's ignorant and prejudiced. That's not racism, it's disliking a culture. You can argue whether or not he's justified, but it's not that he holds anything against Nords just because of their race.
>>
>>343883118
>Being this disconnected from TES lore.

Never change, stormcloak.
>>
File: 1419344458937.png (77 KB, 1557x311) Image search: [Google]
1419344458937.png
77 KB, 1557x311
>>343887204
Yes.
>>
>>343883417
>Ulfric will never go to Soverngard

You can actually find him in Soverngard if you kill him.
>>
>>343891641
And if you talk to him, he says his rebellion was a mistake.
>>
>>343887204
Imperials:
>have a shot at beating the Thalmor in the next 20 years because more troops + the land advantage Skyrim has
Stormcloaks
>get assraped by the Thalmor even with land advantage because of the lack of troops
>>
>>343880949
I'm a grill please elect me lol tolerance and understainding
or
Literal Hitler
>>
>>343885036
The man makes a good point, should had been a third option like in new vegas
>>
File: Toddislove.jpg (66 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Toddislove.jpg
66 KB, 1920x1080
>>343880949
Well Todd, the beauty of Skyrim is that the choices are so complex, that neither choice is necessarily a better choice over the other. The story in Skyrim really was the icing on the cake of that perfect, open world game where you can climb mountains that are "over there." I've preordered ten copies of the remastered version and I hope you do too!
>>
>>343880949
The Empire, obviously. When I first made the decision I wasn't honestly sure but having played the whole game I definitely did the right thing joining the Legion
>>
>>343885036
>It's been discussed 1 trillion and 10 times.

See, here I was thinking you'd know that the Empire is clearly right. But then:

>If either side is right, it is only barely.

No. The Empire is 100% correct. The only people who think otherwise are lore-ignorant. The game reinforces this fact over and over and over and over all the way throughout.
>>
It doesn't fucking matter because TES VI will mention that the entire region of Skyrim got steamrolled by the Thalmor.
>>
>>343892692
magica sandnigger beat Thalmor forces.
United Nords with dragonborn leading them can do the same
>>
>>343880949
Stormcloaks, nobody should be told how and who not to worship.
>>
>>343883118
I thought the Thalmor had the best magicians of Tamriel. Something like being capable of nuking a whole province by themselves?
>>
>>343895145
because the magic sandniggers had numbers and the advantage of naval warfare
>>
Stormcloaks trying to leave the Empire is like the brexit, it's just not going to work and their country would crumble without them.
>>
>people unironically side with the stormcloaks
>>
>>343880949
The player that just ignored their shit.
>>
>>343895270
You don't really know much about the numbers of stormcloaks.
And they have Thu'um
>>
>>343880949
Considering religion is wrong, take a guess.
>>
>>343895270
Also because they are (sorta) black. And black people losing would be racist unless it was against another 'minority' like the Argonians.
>>
>>343883417
>Ulfric will never go to soverngard

This. Talos a shit.
>>
>>343880949
The Empire
>>
>>343880949
The Empire are literally cuckolds
> Dude lmao let your nation burn while we get ready to bargain a better political plea for us lmao
Also with Nord Dragonborn, it doesn't even matter, that dude is gonna cleave through empire and thalmor put together
>>
>>343894627
The Empire are weak faggots, submitting to the mudskin elf cunts.

#Skyrexit
>>
If you're a cuck, who'd rather receive Aldmeri cock up your tight empire-hole, you can safely side with the Empire.

If you value honor, tradition, and family, you side with the Stormcloaks, and die with honor in battle, before becoming a slave.
>>
>>343880949
To understand this, you need to know the timeline of events.

PART 1
>Dominion want to take southern Hammerfell and begin plotting to this effect
>They secretly kill all the Blades agents abroad to make the Empire blind to their amassing an army
>When their army is ready, they go to the Empire and demand southern Hammerfell along with the banning of Talos worship
>Based Emperor Titus Mede II tells them to go fuck themselves
>The Dominion, who wanted that outcome is overjoyed and attacks, immediately taking southern Hammerfell like the bitches they are
>What surprises both the Empire and the Dominion is how unprepared the Empire is. Unexpectedly, the Dominion ends up being able to push into the Empire too. All the way up to the Imperial City, sacking it.
>The Empire calls troops in from all its lands. The Bretons come, the Nords come, the Imperials come, but the Redguards betray them all and send only a small force, keeping their troops back like the traitorous scum they are
>Emperor Titus Mede II regroups and rides back to take the Imperial City, leading the charge himself. Like the based Emperor he is, he crushes and totally destroys ALL of the invading Dominion armies and then hangs their leader from his walls for days
>The war is costly, doubly so since the Redguards betrayed the Empire. The Empire is so depleted on men and resources they can only just secure their borders and can't fight further.
>To buy time for the Empire to build up its armies, the Emperor signs the White Gold Concordat, banning Talos worship and granting southern Hammerfell (already in Dominion control) to the Elves
>The Redguards, pretending like they hadn't betrayed the Empire, freak the fuck out and quit the Empire. They then try to throw the handful of Elves that survived Titus Mede II still in their lands out
>>
>>343896843
PART II

>The Redguards are incapable of doing so though. Even with some Imperial troops that based Mede lets them use on the sly, the shitty traitorous Redguards can't get the smaller force of Elves off their home turf
>Five years pass and finally, the Redguards stalemate them off the islands. What should've taken a few days was a five year blunder. The Redguards celebrate it as a major victory and talk shit about how the weak Empire "capitulated" when they didn't, while nigwalking around
>The Dominion and the Empire begin building forces for the inevitable coming war at this point. Because of disparate birth rates, the Empire is building much, MUCH faster
>In Skyrim, Talos worship is technically illegal, but based Mede doesn't enforce it. Shrines and Temples to Talos are open as usual, and no one is prohibited worship
>Ulfric, son of the Windhelm Jarl, was a prisoner of the Thalmor from the war, having been captured like a bitch early on. After the war he was released, but made to believe he escaped and set out as an unwitting agent of the Thalmor to spread dissent with the Nords in Skyrim
>Ulfric returns to Skyrim and lays the groundwork for his rebellion with the Markarth incident. He slaughters Nord women and children rebelling in Markarth in exchange for Talos worship being legalized - something he knows the Jarl doesn't have the power to do
>The incident ends, and Talos worship is still illegal, even if it is in name only and not practice. Ulfric uses this as the basis for his rebellion, trying to convince Nords that they're being oppressed and that they should follow him.
>Most Nords ignore his shit
>Fast forward to near current date
>Emperor Titus Mede II is preparing to invade the Dominion. Imperial forces mass at the border, and the Dominion is incapable of repelling them.
>Ulfric then assassinates the High King of Skyrim by profaning the Way of the Voice, desecrating a Nord tradition from the First Age.
>>
>>343880949
Empire. Ulfric never thought about the long run politics of what was going on because he was just a soldier and only knew fighting. Yeah they weren't asked their opinion on the treaty to ban Talos but neither was anyone else in the Empire. The AD had them by the balls and was either deal with this shit and survive or be destroyed and have Talos banned anyways. Either way it was gonna happen. Better to lose and fight another day than to be destroyed because of pride.

If Skyrim broke off it would eventually starve itself. Being with the Empire opened up trade with the southern parts of Tamriel. Without that they wouldn't be able to supply its people. The only thing Skyrim has an abundance of is raw materials for production.
>>
>>343896927
PART III

>The Civil War breaks out in earnest. The Emperor has to take some of his troops and send them north to quash the rebellion
>Because all eyes are on Skyrim, and the Emperor needs to keep up the pretense of the White Gold Conrcordat, Talos worship is now actively being shut down temporarily.
>Short sighted Nords are outraged and begin flocking to Ulfric's banner, unaware that it's Ulfric's actions that made Talos worship illegal
>General Tullius, nearly as based as the warrior Emperor Titus Mede II arrives in Skyrim to personally handle the situation
>Almost immediately Tullius finds and captures Ulfric, who - like in the first war - goes down like a bitch, surrendering immediately
>As Tullius is bringing Ulfric to Solitude to stand trial, the Thalmor intervene on Ulfric's behalf, trying to get him released into their custody as a heretic Talos-worshiper so they can "accidentally" release him later and keep the civil war going
>Tullius sees through the subterfuge and orders that Ulfric's sentence is so to be carried out now. All criminals will be executed immediately
>The player is unfortunately at the wrong place and the wrong time, captured with the Stormcloaks
>The player is not made aware that he's only being executed because of the Thalmor and Ulfric, and the Imperials have no choice in the matter
>This creates the illusion that the Stormcloaks are the good guys and the Imperials are uncaring villains, that the player then overcomes by learning lore as the game progresses
>>
>>343886218
I know he's supposed to be there if you finish the civil war before going there, but strangely enough he wasn't there for me.
>>
Tbh it doesn't fucking matter which side is right or wrong. The Dragonborn could solo the entire Thalmor army singlehandedly so whichever side he picks wins automatically.
>>
>>343896843
>>343896927
>>343897017

This. The only possible reason for siding with the Stormcloaks are the following:

A. You're a High Elf and want the Thalmor to come out ahead.
B. You're playing as a Nord that's dumb as a box of hammers.
C. You the player are one of those click-through-all-dialogues and never reads the lore books and were too stupid to figure out what was going on beyond the first execution scene where the game started.

The shame is that A and B are valid, but the majority of Stormcuck players are C.
>>
>>343897530
The Dragonborn is non-canon. Nearly everything that happens in Skyrim is a "what if" scenario.
>>
>>343883943
Get out of here Lizard. You're stinking up the tavern. Go drink at a barn somewhere.
>>
>>343897703
That's retarded and so are you. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not part of the canon.
>>
>>343897809
It can't be canon because there's too many conflicting paths. The only thing that protagonists in the Elder Scrolls series get canon is main story events completed. The Dragonborn killed Alduin, but it won't say a word one way or the other about the civil war and his part.
>>
Neither, so I guess it's just like the situation with the EU and UK.
>>
>>343897995
>what is Daggerfall
>>
File: 1464809585809.png (309 KB, 2384x2728) Image search: [Google]
1464809585809.png
309 KB, 2384x2728
>>343897801
If I am in the tavern that means this tavern is in Black Marsh and that mean you should be getting your smoothskin ass out my lands.
And whats with this retarded Cyrodiilic name "Black Marsh"?
Argonia belongs to the Saxhleel and the Hist!
>>
File: 1448917501174.jpg (18 KB, 291x287) Image search: [Google]
1448917501174.jpg
18 KB, 291x287
>>343880949
>Nords consider themselves the best warriors in Tamriel
>lost 1/4 of their homeland to primitive bretons
>>had their best warrior and leader Ulfric captured by a manlet general
>the rebellion couldn't win against ONE legion without the help of a demigod
>said legion consisted mostly of recruits or people not fit for the front line since all other more experienced legions were posted near the Aldmeri border
>both the Empire and the Dominion considered the rebellion little more than a shitty skirmish while Nords treated like it was a big war

>meanwhile in Hammerfell
>Redguards were literally abandoned by the Empire
>beat the Dominion anyway without the help of anyone
>they are now free of both the Empire and the Dominion

Will Nords ever admit that they are barely above the Orcs in terms of world relevance?
>>
File: 1433279315639.jpg (63 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1433279315639.jpg
63 KB, 633x758
>>343898527
Can it, milk drinker!
>>
>>343898527
>sucking redguard cock this hard

See: >>343896843 >>343896927

I agree with you about the Nords though.
>>
Right and wrong are irrelevant and have no meaning

The Empire tried to chop your head off. Are you a big enough cuck to turn around and bow down to their general?

>Why do you want to join the Stormcloaks
>"I just want to kill imperials"

This is the only correct answer
>>
>>343898762
>circumstance and context have no meaning!
>it doesn't matter why I'm being executed or who's at fault, I can't look past my own nose at the situation

Your average Stormcuck.
>>
>>343898762
>The Empire tried to chop your head off
Not if you played with the Alternate Start mod :^)
>>
File: 1463049815927.gif (897 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
1463049815927.gif
897 KB, 800x430
>>343898527
>YFW it's the truth
>>
>>343898709
They still managed to beat them without the help of the player character, that makes them more competent than the Nords.

Also there's literally nothing that says Titus gave them troops, only thing that says in Skyrim is that many Imperial soldiers felt the Treaty was wrong and left the Empire to fight for Hamerfell

Titus II is a shit administrator but a great tactician, I hope you cucks didn't actually complete the Dark DB quest and killed the one guy who could win the war against elves.
>>
File: we wuz dragonborn n sheit.png (193 KB, 297x406) Image search: [Google]
we wuz dragonborn n sheit.png
193 KB, 297x406
Daily reminder:
>Skyrim for everyone
>Summerset isles for the Elves
>>
The Empire is toast. It's been a walking shell of itself for years. Each country independent of the bloated and ineffective Empire is very likely stronger than a united Empire. Considering a united Empire essentially lost the war, there is no reason to not try independence.
>>
>>343899316
They had their entire army fresh since they betrayed the Empire AND Imperial Troops and couldn't get the handful of Elves that survived Titus Mede's revenge out of their own lands for five years.

That might be more competent than the Nords, but it's not an accomplishment anyone should brag about.

And I disagree about Titus Mede being a shit administrator. Sure, the Empire was caught with its pants down, but that was because the Thalmor killed all the Blades in secret AND there hadn't been anything but peace and prosperity in Cyrodiil for centuries. Afterward with as fast and competently as he governed, the fact that he has such a massive army ready to invade the Dominion AND was allowing Nords to openly worship Talos so long in defiance of the treaty? I'd say he was a great administrator as well as a great tactician.
>>
>>343897631
D. You bought the game well after release and only played it for mods.
>>
>>343899669
Literally nothing in the game or lore supports that. In fact, it reinforces the exact opposite. Since the war, the Empire has turned into a massive war machine and is now poised to destroy the only other super power in the continent.
>>
>>343899859
What fresh army? Hammerfell was in the middle of a civil fucking war when the empire got itself in a war and they fought the dominion for 5 straight years after the war has ended, which lasted 4 years, fuck off buddy
>>
>>343899923
Synonymous with C.
>>
>>343899975

You sure as hell don't see that "massive war machine" in Skyrim, where there is currently a war.

Typical Empire shit.
>b-but the army is r-really big!!

Cool. Too bad it's fucking clueless and could be outmaneuvered and outsmarted by an Orc. Stayed cucked by that concord, senpai.
>>
>>343900021
Fresh as in they were the only race of Men in the Empire that had not taken part in the Great War. The Bretons infight a million times worse, it's practically their national past time. Yet they still committed to the war. Even the lice-picking Nords did. But did the Redguards? Treacherous fuckers.
>>
>>343880949
Stormcloaks but they were misguided. It wasn't really the imperium who was their enemy, it was the dirty elves all along.

Fuck the Altmer
>>
>>343900069
True, my bad.
I hope none of you are paying for your data, or i owe you money.
>>
>>343900220
>you don't see the army positioned on the Aldmeri Dominion border in southern Cyrodiil while you're in Skyrim

Well fucking obviously, retard.
>>
>>343900383

Another genius tacticool decision by our glorious Emperor.
>>
>>343899147
>This is what modern "Men" are
>They will gladly let you chop their heads off, I mean you're just doing your job right its not your fault?

Enjoy getting fucked by the Empire. You are the god damn Dragon Born. You shouldn't take shit off nobody
>>
>>343900281
The redguards fought as well smarty pants, their numbers were just depleted from the whole 'our country is in a fucking civil war right now' thingy. And the redguards were abandoned by the Empire, a clever move sure, but it's also a dick move.
>>
>>343897631
D. You just want to see both outcomes.
>>
>>343900220
Nor the Empire nor the Dominion took the rebellion seriously.
>>
>>343899859
Hammerfell didn't have a "fresh army" since most of their forces were fighting in the Legion alongside the Imperials and Nords, hell the only reason why things got better for the Empire was because the stalemate at Hammerfell was broken in favor of the Redguards and they managed to turn the tide of war there, forcing the Dominion to send all its remaining forces to Cyrodill. allowing Titus to wipe them all out

And the Imperials don't exactly have a massive army ready either, I doubt they were able to replenish the legions in such a short time
>>
>>343900491
>he thinks a handful of Nord peasants are as big a threat to the Empire as the Aldmeri Dominion

And that's why you only got one Imperial Legion to handle you Stormcuck. Ulfric's a little bitch. The Elves took him out the first time they fought him and Tullius did too. Literally the only thing that could save him is the deus ex machina of the Dragonborn.
>>
>>343880949
The Stormcloaks are right.

>foreigners flooding into your country
>your laws are being made by foreigners
>your culture and religion are being destroyed
>you are finally sick of it and start fighting against it

Remember, the elves could not even beat Hammerfell one on one.

People who support the empire are the same people holding up "refugees welcome" signs and bending over backwards for minority dick.
>>
>>343900281
>Fresh as in they were the only race of Men in the Empire that had not taken part in the Great War.

But they were, the Dominion had invaded both Cyrodill and Hammerfell, the only regions that were spared from the war were High Rock and Skyrim
>>
>>343900759

but the empire knows what's best for you goy!

stop worshipping talos, get on you knees, and suck the elvin cock with us!
>>
>>343900516
Here's how it should've gone for you, stupid.

1. Hey, these Imperials tried to kill me!
2. wtf i hate imperials now
3. What's that? Ulfric is a Thalmor sleeper agent meant to cause a civil war to weaken the empire?
4. What's that? I was only being executed because the Thalmor were trying to free Ulfric at Helgen and it forced the imperials to execute all prisoners to avoid his escaping?
5. wtf i hate stormcloaks now
>>
File: 1278034745654.jpg (64 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1278034745654.jpg
64 KB, 640x480
>>343900759
Pretty much this.

>Ulfric challenges the King to a duel. This is perfectly accepted and part of nord politics and tradition
>He wins and kills the king, again. Nothing wrong has been done
>His wife flips her fucking shit because suddenly being royalty isn't all sunshine and buttercups
>Ulfric leaves to return to his hold
>Mad as hell wife is so mad that she publicly executes the guard who let Ulfric walk out even though there was literally no reason to stop him
>OH SHIT WHAT HAVE I DONE.JPG
>She realizes now that she done goofed
>Calls in Uncle septim to fight her own battles for her because unlike a Nord. She can't win her own fights.
>Queue general Tullius who rolls around shit talk talking Nord culture and beheading anyone who happens to be near the borders.

You simply have no brain in your head if you sided empire.
>>
>>343900932
>side with Imperials -> legion destroys Dominion
>side with Stormcloaks -> Dominion destroys Empire, later Skyrim

But the Imperials suck Elven cock, huh?

o, im laffin
>>
Imperials:
>Let's pretend we agree with this treaty so we can regroup and fight another day, possibly when the Bosmer and Khajit inevitably rebel against Thalmor

Stormcloaks:
>Let's fight other humans and make all humans weaker even though the Thalmor is our true enemy and then fight Thalmor in an unwinnable battle until we all die out

I don't know anon, you decide.
>>
>>343900963
Sept none of that is true. WHen you find the dossier it clearly states that a Stormcloak victory is undesirable and Ulfric has already gone rogue.

Keep sucking imperial cock though. Submissive beta males like you aren't meant for critical thinking
>>
>trump cucks tryin 2 befirend stormcloaks
yeah stormcloaks sound fine and all until you actually visit windhelm

treating argonians like shit when they literally walk around saying "WE HAVE TO WORK HARDER" when they're nearly slaves forced to live in the boons
>>
>>343901116

b-but everyone in this thread has stated that the empire has a xbox huge army ready to conquer the elves, literally sitting on elven borders, with or without the nords? I don't get it
>>
>>343901069
I never understood why people sided with the empire in Skyrim. I mean, right from the get go, I got that the impression that the imperials were being good goys and doing the Thalmor's bidding.
>Ohh herp but the Nords are racist

I was a fucking wood elf and they loved me once I proved myself to them. I was like an honorary Saint to Talos.
>>
Where my argonian bros at ?

>Mfw half of vvardenfell got taken over by argonians in the current lore
>Dunmer btfo
>>
>>343901407

Well as the dragonborn you are essentially their god's image. They kind of have to love you.
>>
>>343901136
Pretty much this. Even Tullius implies he isn't all onboard with the Thalmor, and pacifying Skyrim means they can now fully focus on building up forces to kick the Thalmor out of Cyrodiil for good.

On a side note, only noticed recently that the Thalmor were sorta foreshadowed in the random NPC convos in Oblivion with the group of Summerset Isle wizards leading a boycott against imperial goods.
>>
>>343900902
The White Gold Tower burned because the Redguards didn't want to stop fighting at Skaven and ignored Imperial order to go to Cyrodiil. Fucking Skaven, a nowhere burg of no importance. Not a Capitol, not a trade hub, nothing.
>>
>>343900759
>>343901069
Reminder that Ulfric didn't beat the High King in fair combat but used the Voice to disarm him and THEN cut him down.

Reminder that the High King completely trusted Ulfric and would've rebelled against the Empire if only Ulfric had actually talked to him

Reminder that the Empire didn't actually enforce the ban of worshipping Talos until Ulfric threw a fit and the elves took notice of it.

The game goes out of its way to tell you that fighting for the stormcucks will do more harm than good when the second great war comes
>>
>>343901407
>never talked to an argonian laborer, dark elf, or khajit living in windhelm
>think u being a dickelf somehow invalidates you being dragonborn
you are a saint of FAGGOTS
>>
>>343901487
Basically you have to be retarded to believe that the Empire is happy and willing to do what Thalmor wants them to do, what Tullius says after you kill Ulfric only confirms that.

They simply have no choice, the war was lost and the treaty buys them time.
>>
>>343901216
Except it's literally all true. The dossier tells you that they let Ulfric go and want his rebellion to continue. Not to WIN, mind you, because if he wins then the bloodshed stops. Right now he's actively killing Imperials, and they're actively killing Nords. It's win-win. But the dossier does say that even though Ulfric hates the Elves they will actively try to get in contact with him LIKE IN HELGEN to ensure the civil war continues.

They tried to save him. That's why they were there. Even Ralof comments about them suddenly appearing there when Ulfric is caught.
>>
>>343901482
Dude they were saying I had the spirit of a true Nord n shit. By the end of the game I was basically a general. A hero to every stromcloak and scourge to the empire.

Nord bitches were all over muh dick.

>>343901615
Ya sure there was racism against the fucking dark elves and whatnot but who cares? Most of it could be resolved in game anyways. There was a handful of racists and it was because the dark elves weren't doing shit. It's like they didn't even worship Talos
>>
>>343901136

>deepthroats thalmor cock
>we were only pretending to suck their dick!!!

the empire told the redguards to give up their land, causing them to rebel against the empire

but yes, they were merely pretending
>>
>>343889887
What a hilariously ignorant post. "There are tidbits about the empire doing bad things and I'm going to extrapolate upon them but ignore the tidbits about Ulfric being a racist and tool of the Thalmor." Don't fucking forget the part where he killed the legitimate ruler who was actually willing to secede as a unified nation, the part where the Dragonborn beats no relation to Talos, or the part where Mede proves himself both an honorable man and a cunning tactician in a way that Ulfric never does.
>>
>>343901573
The point of the duel is to showcase who the stronger man is so that he may lead. It doesn't garuntee him a spot as king it merely strengthens his political clout. If Ulfric was strong enough to use the voice, why shouldn't he?

>ITS NOT FAIR HE HAS BIGGER MUSCLES THAN ME HE CHEATED
>ITS NOT FAIR HE USED A SWORD AGAINST MY FISTS HE CHEATED
>ITS NOT FAIR I BROKE MY LEG BEFORE FIGHTING AND HE DIDNT
>>
>>343901741
Well the choice was: deepthroat thalmor cock and possibly get revenge later or just die.
>>
>>343901741
Ya the empire was shooting themselves in the foot at best.
Committing treason and causing global Thalmor genocide at worst.
>>
>>343880949
Stormcloaks.
It'll give the Thalmor more opportunities to defeat the Empire, which'll lead to them finding out that their Tower theory is absolutely wrong leading to internal turmoil and the destruction of the faction.
And then again we have a believable continent where an empire doesn't rule something that is larger than Europe. It'll be glorious.
Talos bless us all.
>>
>>343901397
They do. But you don't put 100% of your army somewhere, and I'm sure the Legion was counting on more Bretonic Knights, Nord Huscarls and Redguard Niggerswords to replenish their forces as they drive into the Dominion.

A full stoppage of support from Skyrim is a huge fucking deal five minutes before the war starts.
>>
>>343901531
Decianus was actually the one who decided to let most of his legions stay in Hammerfell driving back the elves while the rest retreated to Cyrodil

While it doomed the capital it would later be the reason why Hammerfell was able to beat the Dominion after the war was over.

>In Hammerfell, General Decianus was preparing to drive the Aldmeri back from Skaven when he was ordered to march for Cyrodiil. Unwilling to abandon Hammerfell completely, he allowed a great number of "invalids" to be discharged from the Legions before they marched east. These veterans formed the core of the army that eventually drove Lady Arannelya's forces back across the Alik'r late in 174, taking heavy losses on their retreat from harassing attacks by the Alik'r warriors.
>>
Why were the Imperials in Skyrim anyway?
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 633x758
>inb4 Elder Scrolls VI has the Stormcucks being victorious and the Empire in decline
>>
>>343901754
Because the Way of the Voice is a sacred Nord tradition that explicitly isn't to be used as a weapon. Ulfric effectively shat on a Shrine to Kyne in that "duel."
>>
>>343902030

oblivon and skyrim were about the decline of the empire

why would tes6 be different?
>>
>>343901984
The Empire has forts with manned garrisons across the entirety of the empire. It's how they rule.
>>
>>343901963
Which is exactly what I said earlier. Their "fresh troops." They were supposed to be in Cyrodiil stopping the Elves from sacking the Imperial City and burning the White Gold Tower, but they betrayed the Empire and stayed.
>>
>>343902127

And you're telling me they decided to leave their soldiers there while in the middle of a war with the High Elves?
>>
File: 1406654367661.jpg (200 KB, 600x909) Image search: [Google]
1406654367661.jpg
200 KB, 600x909
>>343901407
That's the impression everyone gets until you actually dig deeper into the lore and information presented to you.

In truth, the rebellion only weakens both the Empire and Skyrim at a time when they need to be united more than ever. The Empire was quite literally only pretending to be retarded to follow along with the Thalmor while they were busy amassing one of the mightiest armies the world had ever seen to invade the Dominion. If the Stormcloaks had just waited a few years they likely would have witnessed the Great War Round 2: Fuck the Elves Edition and life in Skyrim would have returned to the pre-Dominion standard.

Instead, the Stormcloaks have disrupted imperial plans and given the elves more time to prepare a defense against the empire. That's what the dossier in the Thalmor HQ in Skyrim straight up says. They want the Stormcloaks to keep fighting, but not win, because every second the Empire and Skyrim waste resources on each other is another second for the elves to plan. When the civil war ends, one way or another, it's time for the Great War. If Skyrim is separate the elves might still lose, but if Skyrim is part of the Empire the elves will definitely lose. Delaying the war as long as possible by keeping the civil war going is their only hope right now.
>>
>>343902030
Hang up your pauldrons and leave the elf killing to professionals, kiddo.
>>
>>343902119
Skyrim remaining in the Empire gives the Empire a chance to beat the Thalmor. Without the Nordic warriors and the Orcs in the mountains, it's basically over.
>>
>>343902030
the best case scenario is that they skip another 100-200 years into the future and no one knows what happens
the empire is destroyed
the thalmor are destroyed
so we have a bunch of independent nations agains with various factions and cultures inside
>>
File: 1340305771162.png (436 KB, 750x545) Image search: [Google]
1340305771162.png
436 KB, 750x545
>stormcucks are assburgers people who enjoy yelling people to death
>will end their country and kin because muhglory
>talos will be turned into a retard because stormcloaks kept shouting how awesome he was as they fucking ran off a cliff
>>
Isn't the end of Elder Scrolls already decided Lore-wise? the elves win, and basically cause the end of the world.
>>
>>343902291
They should have left Stormcloak territories out of it.
Also, it didn't help that the empire at the very beginning of the game is literally about to execute their very leader and king.

They should have offered him a pardon as a sign of good will but
"Hurr the elves will be onto us then"

No. They really did take it a step too far and actually *went* full retard
>>
What happened to all the Septims before Uriel? He had to have had daughters, uncles, aunts. At least someone could've married a daughter or aunt and claimed the throne, claiming half-Septim blood
>>
>>343902408
nah, that's the C0DA bullshit written outside of the games by someone who doesn't work at Bethesda
it's incredibly stupid to write an "ending" to a universe like this where everything is to be held up in question and never validated
>>
File: 1464987662659.jpg (2 MB, 6064x6072) Image search: [Google]
1464987662659.jpg
2 MB, 6064x6072
>>343902464
>hey man we forgive you for treason, keep doing your thing and killing anyone who disagrees with THE TRUE SONS OF SKYRIM
>>
Fuck you guys now i want to reinstall oblivion
>>
>>343883943
>>343898417
>>343901460
Plantation workers need to get out
>>
>>343902092
how about reading some lore before you start spouting ideology that some fucking dragon is pushing. Nord masters of the voice were used as siege weapons in war to literally shout walls down
>>
>>343902243
Not really betrayed the Empire when it was an Imperial general giving them the order to fight back against a group of people hell-bent on destroying the Empire

And the decision would later be proven to be a wise one since the Aldmeri thought Decianus was still in Hammerfell since most of his forces were there and not in Cyrodill ready to ambush the rest of the Aldmeri forces in the battle of the Red Ring.
>>
File: wryeob.jpg (583 KB, 1074x1365) Image search: [Google]
wryeob.jpg
583 KB, 1074x1365
>>343902603
do it
>>
The empire is a fucking mess.

Say whatever you will in terms of military strength, but they clearly don't have the diplomatical acumen to rule anymore. They fuck up left, right, and center, losing allies all the while. Someone needs to make the Empire great again.
>>
>>343902604
Im too busy cucking your wife while youre out circlejerking at your temple you dumb dunmer
>>
>>343902545
Mythic Dawn killed them all. The only one they didn't get to was Martin Septim.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 500x667
>inb4 Bethesda goes full cuck mode and makes the Empire into a republic
>>
>>343902701
I imagine if something like that happened something similar to TESO would happen where alliances between the races start to form in order to maintain their independence and freedom.
>>
>>343902765
I find it hard to believe they literally
Killed every cousin or distant relative.
>>
>>343902701
the empire's days are numbered but it needs to be strong one last time and wreck the dominion so hard the aldmeri collectively crap out the sticks up their arses
>>
>>343902745
Abolishing slavery was a mistake.
>>
>>343902609
You're mistaking the Thu'um with the Way of the Voice. The Thu'um was originally a weapon specifically to fight Dragons and the like. In the First Age though Jurgen Windcaller started The Way of the Voice which is a pacifist belief wherein you only use the Thu'um for the worship of the Gods and NEVER for military reasons. It's been the only way for Nords to learn the Thu'um for thousands of years.

Ulfric learned the Way of the Voice from the Greybeards. He dishonored what is quite possibly the oldest Nordic tradition alive.
>>
>>343902779
Bethesda knows very well a republic literally could not work at that size given that technology
heck even today with virtually instant global communication the USA is to large to properly function as a republic
>>
The Imperials were wrong, but you should side with the Imperials anyways.

The way I see it, the only people fit to rule Tamriel are Dragonborns. The Septim line was Dragonborn, from Talos to Martin. When we lost Martin, we lost the Empire. The new dynasty came in, and things went to shit with the Thalmor faggots.

Now, we have a new Dragonborn, the player character. Let's say the Dragonborn takes the Imperial's side, and moves up the ranks.

Eventually, given the fact that he's a fucking Dragonborn, he's gonna become the Emperor. Especially if the Emperor was assassinated by some upstart Dark Brotherhood.

Well then now we've got a ruler that Skyrim would accept (Nordic Dragonborn,) and a leader strong enough to fight in the wars and inspire the armies, unlike the new Emperors. I'm just saying, that sounds like the recipe for killing the Thalmor and uniting Tamriel again.
>>
File: 1400798929276.jpg (39 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1400798929276.jpg
39 KB, 480x360
>Have one of the biggest points of your shitty game be about a civil war.
>Your engine can't handle actual army scenes.

Kameo on the 360 back in 2005 could handle a few hundred guys on screen, what the fuck is your excuse?

And while I'm at it, why would you base the Imperial foreign legions on the Romans if they have nothing to do with Romans at all outside of aesthetic clothing?
The Empire doesn't fight in formation, they don't carry tower shields, they don't throw javelins before engaging and the only reason they have gladius is because some fucking mouth breathing helmet head at Bethesda thought that
Rome=Empire
The Empire= Empire
So Empire= Rome.

Don't make your story a back drop a fucking war if your engine explodes when more than 10 people duke it out at one time you god damn glue eaters.
>>
>>343902464
Ulfric is no one's king, even if you win the civil war for the Stormcloaks he doesn't become king. Maybe after the game's story but we haven't seen that far yet. Even a power-hungry bastard like Ulfric would have been insulted by being called a king before he wins the throne.

Pardoning him would have been the same as allowing the Stormcloaks to secede. It would only encourage others in Skyrim and throughout the empire to think they can get away with treason. Furthermore, Ulfric himself would never stay true to a pardon, if "forgiven" by Tullius he would have run straight home to Windhelm and raised another army to fight the empire. Remember that while many Stormcloaks only desire independence, Ulfric; himself isn't fighting for independence, he's fighting to make himself the High King.

Executing Ulfric would have been 100% the right move, because Ulfric was the one who went too far.
>>
>>343902998
Telvanni detected
>>
>>343895270
And unofficial reinforcements from the Empire.
>>
>>343903016
lets be fair here Jurgen Windcaller was an idiot and the way of the voice was the biggest mistake in nord history
>>
>>343902972
The Empire was fine. The Oblivion crisis threw a wrench into things for sure though by ending the Dragonborn bloodline.
>>
>>343902647
It was still Redguard troops not responding to Imperial decree. Their loyalty being to their General and not to the Empire or the Emperor is the point.

And the fact that they were able to help at Red Ring means nothing. Their involvement might've been enough to mean that there never had to be a Battle at Red Ring. They might've been enough to stop the burning of the White Gold Tower. Saying sorry and helping to take it back after the fact doesn't excuse abandoning it in the first place.

I don't care how in love with Hammerfell anyone is, no one will EVER equate fucking Skaven of all places as being equal in importance to the White Gold Tower.
>>
>>343903119
well because every single actor has the same level of in depth simulation with full on equipment, collision and AI in the engine
engines that can handle a large number of people like say the ones used for total war or assassins creed generally use very simplistic actors which don't take a particularly large amount of processing power
>>
>>343895223
You might be thinking of the Psijic Order, who are not allied with the Thalmor.
>>
>>343903171
I disagree. The last thing Nords need is every pissant on the streets having Dragonshouts.

Hell, look at the one man we know outside the Dragonborn to learn just "FUS". The only thing he ever accomplished with it was murdering the High King.
>>
File: PDVD_009-6.jpg (37 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
PDVD_009-6.jpg
37 KB, 800x600
I made my decision based on the Jarls on either side.

I chose Imperials, the Stormcloak Jarls only got Gray-Mane and Ulfric who I like all the rest are a bunch of grumpy stupid twats. Riften doesn't even enter into the equation 'cause it's Black-briars either way you swing. I also ain't gonna go against my dudes Balgruuf and Falkreath Fred and that cool crone in Morthal.

Additional, that roman armour is cool.
>>
>>343903119
With mods battles are easily 20+ soldiers on each side, but you need a beefy computer to run it. Still shit, I know, but 20+ feels like a hundred when compared to fucking 6v6 sieges of vanilla.
>>
>>343903310
actually gamebryo is shit and bethesda refuses to abandon it (they try to call it a new engine by changing it some more but lol)

dunno why hes bringing that up though, we've all been past this since fallout 3 was announced
>>
>>343903154
And?
>>
File: 1373811714888.png (23 KB, 522x389) Image search: [Google]
1373811714888.png
23 KB, 522x389
>>343902030
>ESVI takes place centuries
>Stormcloaks won but became the Nord Thalmor
>Vikingfag cry because they're almost certain unlikeable villains now

You need to think more positively, my friend.
>>
>>343903253
Talos himself thinks its time for something new

honestly one ending for the empire I could see would be the dragonborn rising to power (its unknown how exactly he did it, some say he came out of nowhere bringing the voice and dragons, others say he rose through the ranks of the imperial legion and even others think he was ulfric stormcloak's right hand), taking the fight to the dominion and then declining the throne leaving the various regions to decide for themselves

add a century of 2 of utter confusion and you have a new political landscape with a lot of confusion about how it happened
>>
File: cat.jpg (89 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
89 KB, 750x750
>TES6 takes place
>it isn't in Daggerfall
>>
>>343903493
gamebryo is shit but you could never have large engines in a skyrim like game with today's technology
even with a vastly better designed engine coded directly from assembly by a programming wizard you'd be looking at 10x larger battles at best
>>
>>343903283
Nobody cares about Skaven, Decianus wanted the Elves driven back from Hammerfell and it's not like he would've been able to teleport his entire legion to the Imperial City to stop the looting, burning and raping in time.

And there would've been a battle at Red Ring anyway, the elves were concentrating their forces in Cyrodil and Titus was also giving the call for all remaining legions to rally near his position, a battle would've happened there one way or the other.
>>
>>343901754
If he only wanted to free Skyrim he would not challenge High King.
Ulric is a powerhungry dick that did what he did just because he wants to be a king
>>
God tier:
-argonian
-redguard
-orc

Good tier:
-khajit
-high elf
-dwemer

Trying too hard tier:
-breton
-wood elf
-nord
-imperial

Dumb dunmer tier:
-dark elf

Did i miss anyone?
>>
>>343888740
That and at the end Tullius decides he kind of likes Skyrim, so he stays.
>>
File: 1415565410904.jpg (22 KB, 250x205) Image search: [Google]
1415565410904.jpg
22 KB, 250x205
>>343903724
>>
>>343903154
Ash Yam farmer detected.
>>
>>343903724
no one but a full memer baitposter actually believes this unironically
>>
>>343902408
The elves are retarded. If not the events of Dragonborn they would not even recreate the world as they wanted to
>>
>>343903405
99% of the people would be unable of mastering the voice anyways because it takes serious discipline
the remaining 1% would be revered heroes and decide wars by themselves
>>
Um wtf /v/??? i thought we hated Skyrim?????????
>>
>>343903637
you can't have a true army fighting, but you can easily make the player under the impression it is. just look at some of the unreal 3 demos. you basically have a bunch of fake actors acting out a fight and then group in a decent amount of real ones within the player vicinity. now unless you come up with some real wizardry you will probably have to pull some bullshit somewhere (combat circles with limited npcs, invisible walls to divide you from fake npcs, or just godmode npcs you aren't supposed to kill...)
>>
>>343903154
kinda hilarious that the Argonians wrecked everyone shit except for the Telvanni
>>
>>343902869
They killed all the ones in Cyrodiil and close enough to make a shot for the throne.

Martin was chosen as the new successor because he was much closer geographically and had a better claim than whatever literally who peasant with a drop of Septim blood might be out farming rocks in Hammerfell.
>>
>>343903724
> Only animals in the top 4 spots.
At least you are consistent
>>
>>343902869
They killed everyone except for Uriel and Martin, and only a handful of people knew about Martin's existence. After Martin sacrificed himself to close the gates of Oblivion, High Chancellor Ocato became the leader of the Empire until while he tried to find a worthy successor but was assasinated by Thalmor, that led to Stormcrown Interregnum, an infighting between nobles for the Ruby Throne and Titus Mede emerged as the victor, crowning himself emperor and starting the Mede dynasty.
>>
>>343898527
>Redguards were literally abandoned by the Empire
>beat the Dominion anyway without the help of anyone
Wrong on both counts. The Empire only officially abandoned the Redguards. Unofficially, they helped the Redguard resistance and gave them unofficial reinforcements in the form of a suspiciously high number of "invalids".
>>
>>343880949
Stormcloaks are almost as retarded as the game.
>>
>>343903537
>Talos himself

I don't know, there's a lot of "ifs" with that whole plotline.

First, Wulf never actually advocates the end of the Empire. He just suggests maybe it should or shouldn't happen and says it's something people should decide.

Next, we never really know Wulf is Talos. Some nobody mage claims he MIGHT be.

So, we know some old Imperial soldier who someone else MIGHT think is Talos has an opinion that maybe the Empire is old enough but explicitly doesn't take a position one way or the other.

Anti-Imperial players have been singing this song like it's cemented in the deepest lore forever. Irrefutable and concrete.
>>
>>343903964
problem with fake actors is that a large number of TES fans wouldn't accept them
one of the defining features of the series for a long time is the equal detail of every actor in the game

same with how they don't accept houses you can't enter which is the prime reason we have small cities
>>
>>343880949
Empire. Ulfric is a power hungry murderer and a Thalmor puppet whether he wants to be or not. A united Empire can destroy the Aldmeri Dominion, a collection of isolated provinces cannot
>>
File: 2590634-1356008650.png (243 KB, 1103x2263) Image search: [Google]
2590634-1356008650.png
243 KB, 1103x2263
>>343903724
You will get hated by morrowind lovers but it's absolutely true

>treat everyone like shit
>have slaves while everyone else moved on from that
>believed in some false gods until some guy who may or may not be the reincarnation of their long lost war hero set them straight
>got absolutely destroyed by the Argonians
>Dunmer still act like they're worth anything
>>
>>343880949
I don't know, I just picked the Empire because I fucking hate nords.
>VIKINGS LMAO
>>
>>343903985
Kinda hilarious that they got kicked back in their marsh soon after and they lost 90% of the territory they had conquered.

>We wuz hist hystorical revisionist detected
>>
>>343903879
>and decide wars by themselves
Which is a huge problem. Just because only 1% could use the voice doesn't mean it will be the right 1%. I mean, we already have scum like Ulfric (even if you like the Stormcloaks there's no denying that he's a dick only out for himself) using the voice, imagine if someone even worse fell into that 1%. Suddenly we have civil wars in Skyrim between members of the 1% who can literally destroy cities with their voices, duking it out in anime-tier wars and ruining everything for everyone. The Way of the Voice properly institutionalizes individuals with such a dangerous weapon. If they follow it then they become master sages or great leaders. If they don't, they become public enemy number 1 just like Ulfric, except most of them won't have an ideologically motivated army like he does to back them up. If anyone besides Ulfric did what he did at any time except the time that he did it at, they would have been eaten alive by all of Skyrim and all other users of the Voice for violating such an ancient tradition.
>>
File: tesfactions.jpg (622 KB, 1609x909) Image search: [Google]
tesfactions.jpg
622 KB, 1609x909
pls let TES6 take the form of the 2nd era
>>
>>343903640
But all he succeeded was in driving them out of Skaven, not Hammerfall. And nowhere in any piece of lore does it say he wouldn't have been there in time. The sole reason for his betrayal is always listed as wanting to stay and fight in Hammerfell.

Again, you can't know if there would've been a Battle at Red Ring. All we know for 100% is that there weren't enough troops to hold the Imperial City and that the Redguard forces were the only ones listed as not coming when called upon.

Maybe they might've saved the city, maybe it would've extended the siege until more reinforcements, maybe it would've ended with the Imperials entirely wiped out and the Emperor dead. We don't know.

All we do know is the Emperor called for their help, they betrayed him and subsequently the White Gold Tower burned.
>>
>>343904329
They didn't "conquer" shit, they just went there to murder dunmer fucking shits.
They only want the swamp, the dunmer can keep their shitty wasteland for all they care.
And I'm not even a scalie.
>>
Imperials were right

Stormcloaks were entirely made up of local yokel racists who are just furthering some guy's career to the detriment of their own country
>>
>>343903939
/v/ is not a hivemind. Form your own opinion instead of desperately trying to fit in.
>>
File: 1429629241359.jpg (172 KB, 1228x558) Image search: [Google]
1429629241359.jpg
172 KB, 1228x558
>>343904242
Please no bullying Dunmer, they have it hard.
>>
>>343895845
Dont bring stupidity into this, you're talking about a race with swords so sharp they split atoms and detonate nukes
>>
>>343904352
the voice requires lifelong dedication though, Uflric is sort of a dick but he's actually very reserved in his use of the voice, he only used it in extremely important situations, most people capable of it would be rather reserved and the few rogue ones wouldn't be more of a game changer than the occasional powermad wizard
>>
>>343904352
This.

Imagine if Ulfric never learned the Dragonshout this age, but the only person to have mastered it was... say Maven Blackbriar.

The Way of the Voice is important, you don't want any scumbag having it. Clearly their screening process needs work with Ulfric, but in fairness, he hadn't been captured by the Thalmor and turned into an Empire hating sleeper-agent with designs on being the High King yet when they taught him.
>>
>>343903640
>>343904439

The Great War book states that the burning of the Tower happened BEFORE General Decianus' decision to let half of his forces stay in Hammerfell so I don't know why both of you are discussing this
>>
>supporting an empire currently being reamed by elves
>thinking the empire will rise against the Thalmor when they have Thalmor agents just hanging out in their keeps
>>
>>343904242
>false gods
They literally were gods though. Artificial gods of their own making, but that's how godhood works in TES. You're free to dislike the dunmer, but they did have living gods that protected their empire. It took the awakening of another living god (one that paradoxically should not exist for reasons lorefags can give you better than I can, and as a result is immeasurably powerful and dangerous) to threaten the Tribunal.
>>
about the argonian invasion

I wonder if a group of them were stupid enough to try their sillyness at Divayth Fyr's place
>>
>>343880949
The game should have given you the option to take over for yourself.
>>
File: 1440090219442.jpg (40 KB, 408x439) Image search: [Google]
1440090219442.jpg
40 KB, 408x439
>>343897017
>>As Tullius is bringing Ulfric to Solitude to stand trial, the Thalmor intervene on Ulfric's behalf, trying to get him released into their custody as a heretic Talos-worshiper so they can "accidentally" release him later and keep the civil war going
>>Tullius sees through the subterfuge and orders that Ulfric's sentence is so to be carried out now. All criminals will be executed immediately
>>The player is unfortunately at the wrong place and the wrong time, captured with the Stormcloaks

Wait, what? I never saw any Thalmor at Helgen. Is my memory bad?
>>
>>343896459
Skyxit*
>>
>>343904684
maven would have never had the required mindset, patience and discipline to learn it though

guys who I'd see having it would be more like say the harbringer of the companions
>>
>>343904795
Well, Telvanni took a real hit from the argonians and there's no proof Fyr is really alive
>>
>>343904863
There's literally two Thalmor talking to Tullius on the cart ride into Helgen, and one of the Nords in your cart points them out.
>>
>>343904863
as you're riding into town some of them demand ulfric, Tullius politely tells them to go fuck themselves
its only a few seconds
>>
File: Tullius_Elenwen_Helgen.png (4 MB, 1658x1034) Image search: [Google]
Tullius_Elenwen_Helgen.png
4 MB, 1658x1034
>>343904863
You see Tullius talking to Elenwen at the intro
>>
>>343904956
oh no not worried about Fyr being dead, more worried about the Argonians who tried messing up his place
>>
>>343883752

Is the english version out yet?
>>
>>343904696
No it doesn't. It appears in the next paragraph, but never says it happened at a later date. In fact, the next thing that the Emperor does AFTER the sacking of the City Decianus is there for.

So what would Decianus have been ignoring the call to? He was there for the Battle of Red Ring and absent the battle for the White Gold Tower.
>>
>>343904242
>>343904469
Argonians are definitely getting dtfo by the time the events TES 6 start.
>The Dunmer are more united than ever under the guide of house Redoran
>The imperial loving Hlaalu cucks got btfo
>Everyone is rebuilding what was destroyed

I hope you missed the plantations because you are going to visit them again soon enough
>>
>>343885036
>Torygg was never going to secede, without doubt.
He idolized Ulfric. Torygg would have went for it if Ulfric asked instead of challenging him to Makgora or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>343904863
It's easily missable, in the intro Ralof points General Tullius out as he's talking to the Thalmor lady you meet at the party on horseback.
>>
Talos literally says to you in Morrowind that the Empire is old and dying, really the only logical thing to do is to sew chaos all over Tamriel and see who survives. Whoever does will bring about a glorious Fourth Empire
Or the Thalmor win and unmake the world
>>
File: horseconvo.png (1 MB, 798x680) Image search: [Google]
horseconvo.png
1 MB, 798x680
>>343905106
>...I'm telling you bro, I've had it up to here with all this "pillars this" and "corporal prison that" meshit. You've gotta get me out of here.
>>
>>343904934
That's the hope. But who's to say old Kodiak Whitemane didn't make the trip? He seems exactly like the sort who would've. And we know Balgruuf did and didn't get accepted.

What makes someone worthy or able seems to be pretty nebulous. Maven might've had some steel in some way the others didn't. Hell, for all we know, the Elves can easily master it because of their bloodline and so without the Greybeards limiting access, the entire Dominion now has the Thu'um.
>>
>>343895223
>>343903349
Yes
They have wizards on par, though in different aspects, to Psijic monks
They have mirror logicians and serious Dawn magic
>>
File: 1406655657911.jpg (2 MB, 2025x709) Image search: [Google]
1406655657911.jpg
2 MB, 2025x709
>>343904956
Fyr has a collection of some of the world's most powerful artifacts and an amulet that takes him to his own pocket-plane of Oblivion. A bunch of argonians never stood a chance of killing the 4000 year old megawizard. They were either all vaporized until they simply stopped coming, or more likely Fyr just ported all his shit to another dimension for awhile so he could continue fucking about with his clones without distraction.
>>
>>343905330
See: >>343904087

I guess it's true, you fuckers will claim it was something Talos himself proclaimed with 100% certainty. You shady fuckers.
>>
>>343904067
The "unofficial help" were just a large group of Redguard Legionnaires who abandoned the Empire of their own volition to help their homeland fight against the Aldmeri Dominion since they saw the Empire as too weak to fight for anymore. So you technically CAN say they had help from the Empire, but it was from their own people who were in it in the first place.
>>
>>343885036
>they were in a militarily stronger position then than they are 20 years later.
Not true. Titus Mede is a fucking genius, he knows humans reproduce way quicker than elves because of their shorter lifespans
>>
>>343905534
>343905534
>mirror logicians and serious Dawn magic
What the fuck are these?
>>
>>343905534
but if they tried to much shit they'd find themselves at war with the Psijics
>>
>>343904956
>Telvanni took a real hit
No, they murdered the political Telvanni family that resided in Mournhould, but no one cared about them, the actual mage-lords whereabouts are unknown, but in Dragonborn Neloth says they're probably safe.

The important part of House Telvanni are the highest ranked wizards, their retainers probably died in masse but who fucking cares.
>>
>>343905679
>"Military Strategem: Down To Fuck" by Titus Medes II

I'd read it.
>>
>>343905680
not him but mirror logicians are mostly non-canon caste of time manipulating wizards that fought Numidium durring siege of Alinor, they are sort of referenced but never named in games and there is more about time wizards in ESO actually
Dawn magic is an umbrella term for practice of super high tier Ehlnofey/Auri-El level magic, The Old Ways. Psijic monks and some other old Aldmeri castes...well mostly Psijic monks know said magic, it's applications are making moons disappear, stopping time for indefinite amounts of time, warping reality etc.
>>
I pic one that suits my playthrough
>>
So bretons are elf/human hybrids right? So the entire race is founded by elf wives getting cucked over generations, am I understanding this correctly?
>>
Everybody had their shitty opinions and are kind of shitty people, but I still side with the empire.
The only reason they even tolerate the elves is because of that white gold contract right. Once they become more powerful they'll go back to war with those shit holes and it'll make the empire great again.
Ulfric was an asshole, he knew the king wasn't a warrior and basically murdered him for the throne. That and the stormcloaks are pretty racist, skurim is for the nords and all that nonsense.
If they say it's their right to own Skyrim then the fucking Falkmer should be running the show. Ulfric was a shitty leader, also he wasn't even nice to me when I met him.
We were execution buddies, and the jerk doesn't even seem happy to see me.
>>
>>343905534
They do, but there's a reason they haven't used those magics. If the Altmer started that, you can be certain that the Psijic Order would return and declare war on them. If the Altmer use those magics, the Altmer destroy the world. If the Psijics try to stop them the world might definitely be destroyed. But this isn't the type of destruction the Altmer want, they want to unmake the world and return to pre-Mundus existence. Simply destroying Mundus with cataclysmic magic would not accomplish that, indeed it would become impossible.
>>
>>343905962
>am I understanding this correctly?
No.
>>
>>343905962
Yes, since apparently the child takes after the mother's race give or take a few details from the father.
>>
>>343904242
Vvardenfell isn't gone, only the Ascadian Isles region have a Vivec-sized crater in them.

Whoever survived on Vvardenfell after the Red Year (yes, it was still inhabitable, I think places like Sadrith Mora, Gnisis and Dagon Fel had good survival chances) was safe from Argonians. The argonians got through all of Dres territories and as far as Mournhold, but I don't think it went that much further.

Mournhold is Morrowind territory again by the time of Skyrim's events, so it's probably only argonians in the very south.
>>
>>343897017
>>The player is unfortunately at the wrong place and the wrong time, captured with the Stormcloaks
>>The player is not made aware that he's only being executed because of the Thalmor and Ulfric, and the Imperials have no choice in the matter
>>This creates the illusion that the Stormcloaks are the good guys and the Imperials are uncaring villains, that the player then overcomes by learning lore as the game progresses

>the empire is willing to kill the PC despite not know who they are, what they did, where they came from, or any pertinent information about them
>they don't even have the sense to kill Ulfric first

nah. the empire was stretched beyond its limits, running out of competent people. I would rather remain a wanderer than side with them
>>
>>343905736
That's true and goes for every powerful anyone group, if they will take out their nukes every other nuke will be aimed at them.
>>
>>343905187
The book is in a chronological order mate

>Aldmeri siege the city
>Titus breaks through the siege and leaves to link up with the Legions coming from Skyrim
>8th legion left to defend the capital, they are defeated.
>the sacking of the Imperial City happens
>Titus sends the word for all remaining forces to go where he is
>Decianus was in Skaven ready to cross the border into Hammerfell and defeat the invading elves there
>gets the word that the Emperor wants him to stay in Cyrodil
>sends a good number of his soldiers to Hammerfell anyway while the rest goes to meet the Emperor
>The Legions meet up and the second battle for the capital begins
>>
Does someone have that picture that's a cycle of Elves ustrustworthiness
Goes something like elves coexist, elves revolt, elves get shit pushed in, elves coexist, repeat
>>
>>343904401
Holy shit is this real?
If so i need to know the game and the mod right now!
>>
>>343905927
So Dawn magic is the one that Psijic order used to disappear their island?
>>
>>343906095
you really think if some random schmuck who did nothing wrong just happened to be in Bin Laden's house when they stormed it, he'd still be alive?
>>
>>343905962
No, imagine eras of uncle Tom Nede's serving their Aldmeri masters, both males and females.
That's how Bretons got formed.
>>
>>343904242
I thought Argonians sacked a lot of Morrowind and then fucked off once they were satisfied
>>
>>343906190
>he believes Bin Laden is dead
OY VEY
>>
>>343906041
Tullius literally says that once Empire is stronger shit is going down.
>>
>>343906041
>Ulfric was a shitty leader, also he wasn't even nice to me when I met him.
>We were execution buddies, and the jerk doesn't even seem happy to see me.

That's generally everyone's first clue that something's amiss with the whole "evil Empire, good Stormcloak" narrative they're fed at the beginning.

The Imperials apologize, explain their hands were tied and seem generally remorseful over what almost happened to you.

Ulfric acts like you're a little bitch not worth his time, even if you're a Nord. Hell, even if you're the Dragonborn.
>>
>>343906143
Crusader Kings 2, Elder Kings mod
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.