[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>huge open world with nothing to do >100 shrines that will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1466633031586.jpg (85 KB, 1200x563) Image search: [Google]
1466633031586.jpg
85 KB, 1200x563
>huge open world with nothing to do
>100 shrines that will become tedious and repetitive
>dungeons will be boring and not as polished because of the focus on the "open world" theme
>simple and boring story with not memorable NPCs

These are some serious concerns from a Zelda fan who liked what he saw on E3.

So /v/, how likely it is that they fuck this game up? Have I not learned my lesson from MSG V?
>>
>100+ shrines that will be repetitive because durr is say so so it must be true
>I know that the game will have no memorable npc because I have seen one whole npc so far and he was cool so we know we're in for some shit
>Dungeons will be badly designed because that's always an intentional decision made when doing an open world game
>niggerniggernigger
>>
>>343875669
I'm not stating them as a fact I'm saying that these are concerns that I have for the game because I wan't them to be the complete opposite.

Learn to read faggot.
>>
>>343875793
>that will
>will be
Either way, why are these concerns? You might as well be concerned that it will play like sonic '06 or some other meme game.

>This game will with 100% certainty maybe play like operator simulator
I'm just concerned.
>>
>>343875669
Shrines are 2-15 minutes long, there is no way they can even be halfway well designed.

I also agree about the dungeon concern, reminds me of ALBW. You get items via shrines, in the open world and not from dungeons. Atleast as far as we know so we assume as much. So dungeon design can't be built around having a certain item because if they start gating story content for trivial open world shit it will be on the same level as garbage like Mad Max. No one will want to hit an gate that can only be opened by having an item via doing like 30 shrines.
>do shitty side questx10 for story progression
>do this in every fucking region because FUCK YOU
>>
>>343875793
Did you watch the demonstration with what later shrines will look like?

They look much more open than the Plataeu's tutorial style shrines.

We have no knowledge on the story other than a fog known as "Calamity Ganon" has consumed Hyrule Castle and the world 100 years from Link's reawakening has been through some sort of catastrophic event and has regrown in nature over the century.

Save your assumptions on memorable NPCs until after they at least reveal someone other than the old man who appears to be the "owl" of this game.
>>
>>343876003
Are you saying you want specific tools to be designed for dungeons and not have more complex dungeon design to allow for your style of play to shine in it?

Looking at those later shrines, you could go about them a multitude of ways using your runes.

Definitely sounds much more interesting than "use wind boomerang to activate switches in forest dungeon, use hammer to activate switches in fire dungeon, etc".
>>
>>343876003
>Use x item on x button
Maybe with the open world item hunting that may or may not mean that there are no items in dungeons, there could be some lateral thinking required in them instead. Any game could be shit but I'm thinking that it's a sign that they will be better than ever more than it could possible be a sign that it's gonna be shit.
>>
>>343876051
>They look much more open than the Plataeu's tutorial style shrines.

Really? I didn't watch any footage outside the treehouse and didn't watched it all so is good to hear something like this if it is true.
>>
>>343876384
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4FMrndVpWs

It's this video where they show off 2 later shrines.

Feel free to skim through it if you like.

The presenters even explain their different experiences from the person playing in the 2nd shrine.
>>
File: 1456350671599.jpg (111 KB, 754x1000) Image search: [Google]
1456350671599.jpg
111 KB, 754x1000
>tfw you outgrow the hype and realize the game is going to be bad
There literally hasn't been a good Zelda game for DECADES. Why would this be any different?
>>
>>343876573
Wow thanks for the link, I actually liked the first one and maybe they are not going to be all that repetitive.
>>
>>343876790
Because this might be a return to those really good Zelda titles. Miyamoto and Aonuma already said that they are inspired by bringing the spirit of the good ol zelda games alive in this one
>>
File: 1466667742119.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1466667742119.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>343876573
Compared to the tutorial shit we saw on the plateu, this actually looks fun.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.