[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>fucking with CK2 Ruler Designer >decide to be a lunatic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 13
File: Glitterhoof CK2.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Glitterhoof CK2.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>fucking with CK2 Ruler Designer
>decide to be a lunatic Buddhist ruler of England during the Hundred Years War
>Event fires off
>I can make my horse Chancellor
>YES
>Completely unaware this is an event, I've fucking lost it
>Notice I can make my horse a concubine

10/10 Best Game ever made.
>>
Yeah, and your horse hates the shit out of you.
>>
I love CK2.
>>
>Sit around for 2 hours waiting for a claim to fabricate
>Conquer province
>It now belongs to some shithead on the other side of Europe after your death

Great """""""game""""""" you guys.
>>
File: 1467000330791.webm (1 MB, 436x396) Image search: [Google]
1467000330791.webm
1 MB, 436x396
>>343859105
Yea, apparently my horse had a problem with me being insane... and kinda cruel, arbitrary, cynical, deceitful and Buddhist.

Shame the fucker caught the plague and died. I don't even know how a fucking horse can catch bubonic plague.
>>
>>343859443
I'm sorry you're retarded.
>>
>>343859443
>sit around painting a map for forty hours
>my son turns gay
>can't ungay him
>die with no heirs.

What a shit game.
>>
>>343859648
>Doesn't even try to defend it

>>343859679
Forty hours is like conquering half of Ireland, mostly by staring blankly at the screen and waiting for RNG checks. I've played more interactive iOS games.
>>
>>343859568
"The new Chancellor of England is... my horse!"
Glitterhoof leans over to the person seated next to him and whispers, "This guy is fucking crazy."
>>
>>343859443
>>343859826
>i am bad at a game so it is bad
>>
How do I learn to play this game?
>>
>>343859826
>conquering half of Ireland

>can't even conquer Africa with my YouMadMens

Wow I'm shit at this game.
>>
>>343859679
Situations like that are when you start seducing all the women in your court to get a bastard, kill your gay son, and then legitimize you're bastard. Or you could forego the murder and change your succession laws.
>>
>>343859845
Funny thing is I was fucking that horse too before it died!
>>
>>343860007
>mass produce a bastard
>kill your son for being gay

This is why I love CK2
>>
>>343859826
Just because you don't understand the game doesn't mean it's bad. It just means you suck at it.
>>
>>343858918
How does that horse have a favor from Henry of Leicester. That makes even less sense.
>>
>>343858918
>Stellaris didnt get the diplomancy game of CK2
Paradox, why...
>>
>>343859940
>>343860214
>Not even remotely attempting to formulate a valid counter-argument

Well you're wrong because _____
>>
>>343860396
You don't have an argument because you don't know how to play the game. It's like if someone walked up to you with socks on his hands complaining about how awful the socks were.

Yeah, it would be awful if it took forty hours to conquer half of Ireland, but in that time without knowing what I was doing I became the emperor of two regions.

If you don't like grand strategy then oh well, it's a grand strategy game. Apparently you are bad at them. Enjoy your (You).
>>
>>343860396
You have to present an argument first. If you've only managed to conquer half of Ireland in forty hours you're doing something terribly wrong. I had formed Brittania at that point in my first game.
>>
Anyone have other CK2 stories?
>>
>>343859443
maybe, just maybe you can decipher that mindless conquest was MADE to not be the main focus of the game, instead of you, you know, diplomatically expanding your house and realm through marriage?
>>
>>343860663
More like you've been playing so much CK2 you forgot that you actually have to do things, like make an argument. Since the last few expansions the game has shifted towards becoming too RNG based.

But go ahead, tell me how you became emperor of two regions completely by your own abilities and not luck.

>>343860859
You mean by clicking a button and waiting? Games that focus on war at least have some depth to them.
>>
>>343860803
>start up CK2
>look at that UI
>close CK2
I am not good at these games
>>
>>343859443

>2hours

Lol i spent more than 80 hours on Iron Mode trying to get the spqr achievement and failed
>>
>>343860957
If you can't even figure out CK2, one of the simplest grand strategy games out there, then perhaps grand strategy isn't for you? It doesn't mean the games are bad it means you're bad at them.
>>
>>343861295
Clearly you've never played CK2. It's a ruler simulator, not grand strategy, you roleplay as someone and the rest is basically on auto-pilot. You can read more about it here:

http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Beginner's_guide
>>
>>343860803
>play the game as a just and honorable king of poland
>a zoroastrian character with very high stats somehow ends up in my court
>use him to educate my daughter
>she converts to zoroastrianism
>she hits 16th birthday and turns out to be a qt
>marry her and impregnate numerous times
>masturbate furiously
>cum with the force of the thousand suns
>lose interest of the game
>uninstall.exe
>>
>>343861214
I know that feel, took me several tries to get the Zoroaster achievement. Abbasids are really annoying. Do they just never fall apart? It took me a lot of poking them to just incite a small revolt.
>>
>>343860803

>Paradox releases game
>adds shitton of cool things First
>makes game more and more shitty with every Patch
>the game Has now women rights included
>council blocking everything you Do and ignoring the council will give you tyrant -10 for the Rest of Your life
>they fucked up heritage because i could get such a good family After few generations with only good Attributes and now i'm forced to gamble
>attacking enemies all the time can lead to fucking defensive pacts betweem the pope and some islamic Satan sect against you
>>
>those duck lips
>>
>>343861389
Oh, you're just a Vicky 2 autist. Please do us all a favor and go back to you're shitposting containment thread in /vg/. I'm sure they'd love to discuss the deep strategy of building liquor factories with you.
>>
>>343860803
>First time in CK2
>"I'm gonna be the Emperor of Byzantium!"
>"I'm not gonna do this fucking tutorial."
>t. mistake
>Have no fucking clue what I'm doing
>Have two sons
>One year in one tries to murder the other
>Appalled so I try to imprison him
>WAR
>take over ten minutes to figure out how to deploy troops
>Spend over six years fighting my son
>Everything starts circling the drain
>negative piety, cash, and prestige
>can't relieve vassals because war
>someone tries to kill me
>try to imprison
>WAR!
>Ten years later
>19 civil wars going on at once
>Son who I fought to protect gets the throne after I die of depression
>Son has an even fire off in the first year
>"lol I'm a faggot now"
>Can't get him to fuck his wife
>Can't get a fucking heir
>Son has one good trait and that's trusting
>I was stupid and thought Trusting was a good trait
>His wife assassinates him
>The Byzantine Empire was 14 different states by the time I finished.
>>
>>343860803
>playing LAN with my buddy while he teaches me the game
>my ruler has really high intrigue
>keep assassinating his rulers snickering to myself as he cant figure out why he keeps getting killed
My country may have been falling apart, but at least all those rulers halfway across europe were getting killed in a timely manner. I never told him my nefarious deeds.
>>
>>343861529
Heh this reminds me of that time I tried to turn Mali white by kidnapping Euro women and concubining them and eventually breeding white heirs.

I eventually got a claim to France by blood and my French princess fell in love with me. It was precious and it ended with me being called Mansa Kufausa the Great and granting my wife a city in southern france.
>>
>>343861542

IT was my own stupidity
I dont remember everything because its been a while but IT was because of Purpur blood( Your heir getting born in this special room).
I had a great heir (Who was Not born in the room) and my current leader was like 84. His wife died and I wanted to remarry him so i did witha 40 year old women with religious trait.
Yet somehow He.manages to fuck her and a New heir was born.
Well and After that my empire Fell apart
>>
>>343860859
Bullshit. The way to play is holy war so you can take entire duchies.
>diplomatically expand
Top kek. You mean wait three generations then fight a succession war? There's no way around actually fighting.
>>
>>343861604
>attacking enemies all the time can lead to fucking defensive pacts betweem the pope and some islamic Satan sect against you

Really, this can fucking happen?
>>
My absolute favorite part about CK2 is how much everyone seems to hate babies. Oh look, the king died, lets all try to murder his 4 year old son.

>>343862007
You can savescum in ironman mode. Just copy and paste the save somewhere.
>>
>>343861882
>screwing over friends by murder

You should've tried to cuck him before it all ended.
>>
>>343862129
I think once you start getting past 70% threat then the whole world starts hating you. Up to 50% its mostly pacts of the same culture/religion.
>>
>>343862019
I took over Scotland peacefully in a single generation through marriage. I would have done the same to Wales too if my heir hadn't decided to join a holy order out of the blue.
>>
>>343862313
I recall Mongols conquering a fuck-load of the world and there wasn't any anti-Hitler coalition against them.
>>
>>343862313

Of course, pagans all count as one religious group so if you have the right borders you can have Mansa Yabba Dabba team up with High Chief Sven of Svijipod and High Chief Vladimir of Novogorod.
>>
>>343862406
>dynasties just line up to hand over their demesne to you
Nope. You can weasel your way into weak claims and once in a blue fucking moon, blue, you get lucky. Like real life.
If you want to press the weak claim you got via marriage you wait and you fight. Any other claim that you can just routinely inherit west francia is nonsense.
>>
>>343862129
>be norse republic
>make scandanavia
>notice the only other germanic realm is Saxony
>france always pestering them
>get the idea to make other germanic nations so I can have religious allies
>liberate france from christianity with a great holy war
>Saxony joins the defensive pact against me

I just wanted to help
>>
>>343862406
I had a Ireland game where I married my daughter into the third heir to England, and then I inherited Ireland, England, and Jerusalem.
I guess his two brothers got themselves killed on Crusade.
>>
>>343862564
> you can have Mansa Yabba Dabba team up with High Chief Sven of Svijipod and High Chief Vladimir of Novogorod.

Something about that sound very wrong.
>>
>>343859443
>fabricating a claim
>not just breaking every truce and expanding as fast as you can afford it, letting your son inherit the irish/scottish/welsh empire you forged as a tyrant, and letting him reap the rewards of granting tons of land to his new vassals to make them love him and secure peace in his realm.

>not cheesing the system and playing a pagan to also subjugate the norse realm before you die

>not leaving your heir an empire stretching from erie, to finland, denmark, lithuania, france, germany and bits of spain

There's a lot you can do if you don't give a fuck about your current ruler's wellbeing. I think my best run was a norse irish guy who became the ruler of everything north of italy, along with being the head of the reformed norse faith. You bet your ass I was raiding daily, you bet your ass I was converting heathens with the fury of a thousand suns. You bet the pope got hung at a blot.
>>
>>343862785

I had a run where I started as the one Whiteshirt who starts in York. By the end my empire covered just about every county except about half of India, mainly because I let my Kings become absurdly powerful and kept feeding them land. I had so many that it was easy to keep enough happy for the rest to avoid plotting against me, and they were all happy because I never raised crown authority much anyway. The best part is that a vassal's armies are completely raised in the province you raise them in, so I could give different duchies to different kings and raise most of my realm's troops on any border at any time.
>>
>>343860803

Only from the AGOT mod.
>>
>>343858918
Yeah it really is one of the best strat games ever made.

On the Paradox forums there was a great thread where some guy exploited getting horses as courtiers and ended up making his entire dynasty into horses and then the pope and then was aiming to get his dynasty onto every throne in Europe.

Pretty classic shit. Glad you just stumbled onto it yourself.
>>
>>343862406
You're thinking of claims dude but with marriages you can end up with your heir being the heir to whole other kingdoms or empires if you stab the right people at the right time.

Get stabbin'
>>
File: ck2_carnalrelationship.jpg (644 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
ck2_carnalrelationship.jpg
644 KB, 1680x1050
>>343860803
Maybe
>>
>>343864971
CK2: The game where you will never not be a cuck
>>
File: 1360821138246.gif (408 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
1360821138246.gif
408 KB, 160x120
>>343865018
>you have Trusting trait
>>
This game made me even more impressed by the Hapsburgs. Even if they had to resort to incest they had this shit down IRL. Charles V inherited so many fucking titles
>>
>>343865018

Cuck or be cucked
>>
File: regretti.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
regretti.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
>>343860803
>playing with a friend, I'm the Grand Prince of Pskov and he's the Grand Prince of Ryazan
>somehow get a claim on and conquer the throne of Poland from the Piasts
>everyone in Poland hates me, but I manage to either arrest them all, revoke their titles or put down their rebellions
>spend the next 40 years murdering all Piasts so they can't challenge my claim
>finally there's only one Piast duke of Mazovia and his two uncles, Uncle #1 is his regent
>I try to (lawfully) arrest the kid duke, but he evades capture and goes into rebellion,
>he's got dangerously similar troop numbers to mine and starts immediately conquering my castles in Poland
>I rally all my troops in the east with my russian allies and once we reach Poland proper, we start absolutely steamrolling the rebels and retaking my castles
>every battle we either kill or capture one of the rebel commanders until they're left with almost none
>once we start sieging the duke's capital, both of his uncles betray him and flee his court
>Uncle #1 flees to my friend in Ryazan
>Uncle #2 flees to me
>the rebellion gets put down, I take all of the duke's titles and he dies in my dungeon a few years later, but there's still two living male Piasts
>my friend quickly murders Uncle #1 and his infant son at his court
>Duke of Silesia rebels and tries to press Uncle #2's claim on Poland, as his daughter is the guy's wife
>I have Uncle #2 assassinated before the Silesians even reach Krakow
>all male Piasts are dead now
>but wait
>Uncle #2's 19-year old wife is pregnant
>immediately imprison and execute her
>the whole country hates me even more, but atleast there's no one to challenge my claim on the throne
>mfw

People say games like GTA or CoD are dehumanizing, but shit like this is what really does it for me.
>>
File: gross abbasidiums.jpg (580 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
gross abbasidiums.jpg
580 KB, 1680x1050
bumping
/gsg/ is too shit for their games
>>
File: 1433885377622.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1433885377622.png
29 KB, 633x758
>get a wife
>have four healthy daughters
>have one son who is born sick and dies in a week
>wife hits menopause
>assassinate her and marry a new lustful fertile 16 year old
>have more daughters
>have a stillborn son
>have a son who catches pneumonia and dies
>have a son who is assassinated
>have even more daughters
>receive a message saying my fourth wife is pregnant once again
>ok this is my last chance to get an heir
>die of old age before it's born
>>
>>343860803
>first time playing CK2 seriously after finishing tutorial island
>Start as Anselmo di Lucca, Count of Lucca under the Duchy of Tuscany in 1066
>Tuscany rebels against the Holy Roman Empire and becomes independent
>suddenly I inherit the Duchy of Apulia as a result of a marriage and am now independent of Tuscany
>conquer a few of my south Italian neighbours
>Byzantine empire declares war on me
>immediately surrender and they take one of my counties
>they declare war again in a few years for another county
>surrender again and realize I have no choice but to vassalize myself to them
>over the next few generations I push the mudslimes out of Italy and crown myself king of Sicily, and connect my original county of Lucca to my kingdom by conquering Tuscany
>suddenly I get notification that I've been elected the emperor of the Byzantine empire
>this starts playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DD_NR8fIpw
>feel like a badass
>but u fucking wot m8, I was a Shitcilian Catholic king and am now emperor of the elective Orthodox Byzantine empire
>change the succession to hereditary
>make all my vassals Catholic and mend the Great Schism
>finally reach the end date

And that's the story of how I went from a tiny Italian count to emperor of a Catholic Byzantine empire
>>
>>343862129

Yes
Why?
I dont know but i have the feeling that Paradox listen too much to some autistic fans who want
>MAH REALISM

implemented

They removed many things that made the game "easier" for players who invested countless hours into it

Lets take a look:
>banishing people is pointless now

Before a newer you could easily cleanse your entire realm of assholes and start "clean". I liked that and did it sometimes to get rid of everybody:
>Civil war
>10 years later i won and have 0 troops, 0 money but 80 of duchies are in prison
>Bnaish them
>Get land + gold from them

Now its pointless to banish anybody because you dont get ANYTHING AT FUCKING ALL

Wars
before the patch it was easy:
You are the HRE for example and want to get into Slavic countries what do you do?
Declare Holy war and the only people who will fight against your are slavic trives.
But no Paradox removed that and now you must fight against Slavic faith, Tengri and Norse faith and if you fuck up bad even against fucking Muslims.
This is even worse because of

>The Council

I will never understand who thought this was a good idea.
The council is a seat of niggers who sit there get nothing but block every attempt of you to do anything
It would be not so annoying IF you could just declare anybody to sit in the council but people with lot of power ( stong duchies ) will be upset and lose -40 opinion of you.
And hats the problem because you are forced to pay 200-400 gold for one fucking favor.
And even if you have the great idea to get rid of the council it takes one new ruler to bring it back because otherwise you have a 400% rebellion against you

>Heirs

Mot annoying thing you could breed your ons and daughters into perfection with good genes and the right education.
I always teached my kids myself because after 50 years i was always a good kin/emperor with a shitton of good attributes (Temperate, Charitable, sometimes chaste and all the other good things ).
>>
>>343869536
I've never played ck2 but what happens when you don't have a heir when you die? You almost always get a heir in eu4, but this game seems more focused on dynasties and shit so does the game end?
>>
>>343870216

If you dont have a heir on your own and you are the last living male you lose the game.
>>
>>343870216
It's game over when you don't have any more titles. If you don't have any heir of your dynasty and die, that's game over.
The guy you're replying to could've just changed the law a bit and let women inherit titles, that would've solved his problem.
>>
>>343870216
It's game over if you have no heir. Usually you'll have a cousin or uncle who will inherit if you have no sons but you can be fucked over by RNG if you start as a count with no extended family. More than once I've had to pass the law that allows women to inherit when playing a count just because the game hates me and won't give me a legitimate son no matter what I do.
>>
>>343859679
>these are problems Monarcucks deal with

lmfao, trade republics are the best

>be gay and chase
>0% chance of kids
>Pick your cousin's uncle's wife's son as the designated heir
>Games goes on
>>
>>343858918
>>343859105
>>343859568
>>343859845
>>343860093
Friendly reminder that not only did someone make a horse restore the Roman empire, someone managed to completely wipe out every on map human.

https://imgur.com/a/NNzpn#DsyCupJ

http://imgur.com/a/kzowN
>>
>people don't like this game
I like to use it as a litmus test for stupidity. People worth talking to will work through it.
>>
>>343868565
This level of inhumanity makes the game way too easy.

CK2 is for more character roleplaying since the game is forgiving of mistakes, If you are some proud, zealot cathar who is rivals with the head of HRE, and you went to war and lost, you wouldn't lose much other than prestige, if it was EU3/4 however you'd get annexed or get real fucked up
>>
>>343859826

You can conquer all of Ireland within ~2 years of the earliest start date assuming you grab a chancellor with 20+ diplomacy.

You probably wont have the money to form the kingdom, but you will own all the territory.
>>
File: drake disgust.jpg (189 KB, 960x768) Image search: [Google]
drake disgust.jpg
189 KB, 960x768
>>343870854
>Rainbow Dash
>Equestria
>Ponyville
>Person who did this autistic feat is a horse fucker

see mee hee, senpai

>>343870864
CK2 is easy as fuck, people who brag that they can play it are retards
>>
If I never buy Conclave will I have to deal with the bullshit it added?
>>
is this game worth torrenting?
>>
>>343870854

Just how?
How can you play as horse?
I received the event countless times but the horse died after few weeks/months
>>
how do i even learn this game?
>>
>>343871408
Kinda

>>343871459
Here is the trick senpai, you buy the base game then pirate the DLC.

The best way

>>343871171
Endless conquering is lame as well, I'm sure you can do a world conquest in 2 in-game years starting as Charlemagne
>>
>>343871258
And yet some people still find it incredibly difficult.

Those people should be eliminated from the gene pool.
>>
>>343871562
Modded ruler designer, likely

>>343871569
Waste hours on it
>>
>>343871585
Trying to recreate historical scenarios is probably the most fun i've had with the game. Endless conquering is lame you're right
>>
>>343871562
It involves hardcore memecraft.

Mostly idk if it still works but you nominate them to be a bishop of a count level title, when they get it they spawn horses in their court that don't have the horse trait that stops you interacting with them so you can marry them and have kids that could be horses.
>>
I just started europa universalis. I like the civ games, should I play CK2 instead? The UI in EU is pretty fuckin convoluted
>>
>>343871569
You either watch tutorials on youtube or play it blindly and figure out as you go along. I watched a couple hours of youtube tutorials.
>>
>>343871851
CK2 is worse on the convolution front, but both are better than vicky 2.

HoI 4 has a really nice and clean UI at least.

But I'd say give them all a try, you might find that you like one enough to put up with the UI. Vicky 3 when ;_;
>>
>>343871569
Just practice really, every pdox game is like that. Just go in blind as a duke under a king or emperor and be a useless noble.
>>
the games in an awful state since conclave came in
shattered retreat is one of the dumbest things Paradox has ever implemented into their games
not to mention fucking women's rights in 900AD
>>
is stellaris any good or should i stick with sins of a solar empire
>>
>>343872192
Both are questionable.
But if you like Warcraft 3 in Space then stick with that.
>>
>>343871569

How most people start:

Ireland
Its an island and everybody is a count and you can learn it there

If you want to crash start on it and get angry start with Poland because its not impossible for newbies to not get destroyed.
>>
>>343872147
Noble women's rights. Also that was a thing, not everywhere followed the dogmatic church opinion and even within the ones that did there were differences in the status of noble women's rights and abilities to own lands and the like.
>>
>>343872147
>shattered retreat is one of the dumbest things Paradox has ever implemented into their games
How? They actually make it so that losing a single battle doesn't immediately mean you're completely fucked in the war, whereas before you'd just get endlessly routen until your whole army gets destroyed.
>>
>>343872349
[citation needed]
>>343872354
at the time wars were decided in a small amount of battles, everyone puts everything they got into the one
with shattered retreat you (and your enemy) can get away almost scot free after losing a battle, maintaining the majority of your troops
>>
>>343871569
I just fucked around in Russia trying to feudalize the tribes.
>>
>>343872354

>Fight against troops
>Somehow loose troops
>Troops run away 30 counties with lightspeed
>>
>>343872584
>[citation needed]
If you need citation for "women had varying legal status throughout Europe" you're beyond help.
>>
>>343872889
And women attaining full political rights is historical to you? I'm talking from the perspective of the options given in game which are blatantly ahistorical
>>
I remember my first game of crusader kings 2
>friend was teaching me how to play
>was playing some tiny as fuck dudes cause I figured it would be easier to learn if I didn't have a lot to do
>my marshal(dont remember if that was exactly what he was but it was something like that) was absolutely batshit insane
>was wrathfull, insane, possesed and a bunch of other shit like that
>noone else in my court liked him and he didn't like anyone else because of how batshit he was constantly
>he challenged 4 people to duels in the span of a year
>won every single duel because he had fucktons shit that gave bonuses to duels because of how balls to the wall crazy he was constantly
the fucker just would not stop, after those 4 duels he had at least one duel a year and won every single one
>>
>>343873056
>full political rights
They really don't have that ingame. There were plenty of shitty changes made in Conclave, changes to laws wasn't one of them.

It's just a dumb hill to die on especially when there's tons of other ahistorical shit in the game which is fun and in there for obvious gameplay reasons.
>>
>>343873345
>They really dont have that ingame
Through legislation, it is now possible to empower women by allowing them to take positions on the council. Most council positions first become available to women related to the ruler (dynasty members, close relatives, wives, and concubines), landed vassals, and in some cases nuns.

At the second highest level, it is possible for Muslims and nomads to pass Agnatic-Cognatic succession, which in turn allows matrilineal marriage. At the highest level, it is possible to pass the Absolute Cognatic succession law, and female rulers do not suffer opinion penalties. These changes are more significant to Muslims and nomads, who previously could only use Agnatic succession and patrilineal marriage.

>muslims
>MEDIEVAL MUSLIMS
>matrilinial marriage

http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Realm_laws#Status_of_Women
On the scale of CK2 this is full political rights

There's ahistorical shit that adds to the fun, yes, but this is just blatant pandering because Johan needs more shekels
>>
>>343861389
Are you retarded or just pedantic? It literally says grand strategy in the description of the game, not fucking ruler simulator
>>
>>343873601
I guess we think it was put in the game for different reasons then. I always figured it's just giving you something to do with all of the female characters in game if you really want to do it.

I don't see it as pandering to SJWs or however you're interpreting it. Sure if you want it to be more realistic there would be significant opinion penalties especially in muslim areas.
>>
>>343874093
you have people constantly shitting up the paradox forms about muh inclusion and the devs actually listen

Eu4, HoI4 and Stellaris are all casualized to pander and eventually rake in more shekels
>>
>>343874362
fuck off you gsg autist
>>
File: 1450127239813.png (798 KB, 684x868) Image search: [Google]
1450127239813.png
798 KB, 684x868
>>343874947
>>
File: 1446335214964.jpg (93 KB, 457x450) Image search: [Google]
1446335214964.jpg
93 KB, 457x450
>>343875003
>>
>>343875028
there is literally nothing wrong with waggling every now and again
>>
I like how the lunatic trait is actually a positive if you're playing a viking
it gives you an even that drastically boosts your martial AND duel score both of which can effectively substitute normal diplomacy for them

had 3 lunatic viking rulers in a row, it was hilarious
>>
How often can you get the satanic child?

i played 780 hours so far in CK 2 and i never ever get it
>>
>>343875995
It seems pretty rare. Only got it once in like 500 hours of playtime. Same as wolf child, only once, though that one can be passed down to your children.
>>
File: 1463998758665.jpg (68 KB, 650x600) Image search: [Google]
1463998758665.jpg
68 KB, 650x600
>>343860803
>start as magyar ruler in old gods start
>make myself jewish and ashkenazi
>convert half the europe into judaism
>have strong genuis sons trough elective monarchy eugenics
>they all look like nordics through careful breeding
>mfw denmark had some ruler with shitskin portrait while i had ubermensch jews that owned half of europe and used magyar hordes for their goal
>>
>>343872192
Stellaris is good, but I wouldnt call it a GSG (even though Paradox tries)

They pumped out some patches really quickly and its Paradox's most successful game so it will get a lot of support in the future.
>>
>>343872192
>is stellaris any good

fuck no

I doubt it'll be playable even with the expected 2 years of patches and dlc
>>
File: QWkoOzn[1].jpg (713 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
QWkoOzn[1].jpg
713 KB, 1920x1080
>>343870854
>we a race of peace pls accept us
fucking horses, i sincerly hope they never get in power
>>
>>343860803
>Playing as Aragon back when Aragon was actually a kingdom in the game.
>Killing muzzies left and right, deus vult and all that.
>My horny little minx of a wife is churning out babies, 6 sons in total.
>First kid was born retarded, 2nd was a lisping cripple, 3rd and 4th are normal, 5th one is a hunchback, 6th son born a genius.
>By this time, I've accrued a vast swath of territory from infighting muzzies.
>I'm not about to let a literal retard inherit all of that
>I set about murdering my own sons until I'm down to the last one.
>He inherits and later becomes Emperor of Hispania

Sometimes you have to do some dirty, unsavory things in this game. Like murdering your inferior children to keep the bloodline pure. But in the end, seeing that emperor title before your character's name makes it all worthwhile.
>>
>>343875995
Pretty rare. I remember seducing the nanny that comes with the kid and having a shit load of bastards before she offed herself.
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.