[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rank these three 3DS games from BEST to WORST, and if you care
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: Abyss.jpg (154 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Abyss.jpg
154 KB, 1280x720
Rank these three 3DS games from BEST to WORST, and if you care to explain your ranking.

>Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
>Tales of the Abyss
>Xenoblade
>>
Abyss
Xenoblade
Golden Sun

Abyss is a meh port of a good game, Xenoblade is a bad port of a good game, Dark Dawn is particularly good
>>
>>343855169
>xenoblade
Overall great game and gameplay works for a portable device, but the small screen and huge UI elements hampers the overall experience.
>tales of the abyss
Fun game and some adjustments and content were added back in, but the halved framerate can make combos a pain. Many people don't like the cast much, either.
>golden sun:dd
First game was better
>>
Dark Dawn was DS, not 3DS
>>
>>343855961
it plays on the 3DS though, so who cares?
>>
>>343855726
forgot to add

>abyss
still no voiced skits, and the mixing for the animated cutscenes is a lot worse on the 3DS, even with headphones on
>>
>>343856036
It doesn't make any sense. That's like calling FFVII a PS3 game since it can be played on a PS3.
>>
>>343856036
It's not a fair comparison for one, and that's also like saying the original Golden Sun is a Wii U game because you can play it on a Wii U.
>>
Rank these three 3DS games from BEST to WORST, and if you care to explain your ranking.

>Dream Team
>Super Mystery Dungeon
>Etrian Odyssey 4
>>
>Abyss
Great game with a polarizing cast I liked it though. Port is decent, though half framerate is balls given the combat system.
>Xenoblade
Great game but the port is pretty shit and can only be played on a New 3DS.
>Dark Dawn
Not a 3DS game

Both Abyss and Xenoblade are better played emulated.
>>
>>343856971
>can only be played on a New 3DS.
whats wrong with that?
>>
>>343856971
>Great game with a polarizing cast
What is polarizing about them? Isn't Zestria more polarizing over Sorey's sexuality?
>>
>>343856825
>etrian odyssey 4
map games are fun
>super mystery dungeon
pick up and play, pretty challenging too considering the audience it targets. better than gates of infinity
>dream team
despite a ridiculous amount of tutorials, the games high points are its music and the giant boss fights

all good games really. eo5 when?
>>
>>343857228
>What is polarizing about them?
A lot of people don't like the protagonist, either before his character developer or after. They also don't like that the cast starts off begrudgingly helping each other and would leave at a moment's notice which they kinda did, they do eventually get buddy-buddy with each other like a JRPG party. On the flip side, a lot of other people like that kind of setup, myself included.

Sorey from Zestiria is just boring and really, Rose and everything associated with her gets more of the flak.
>>
>Xenoblade
Amazing game that was originally released on a shit system, makes it an underdog fighter. Cast is charming as fuck, the zones are nicely done. Just really overall a wonderful game.

>Abyss
Probably my third or second favorite tales, but was already on a decent system so the port wasn't as necessary as Xenoblade's was. There are some great (Jade, Tear, Asch) and some shitty ones (Luke, Natalia). But I felt like the good far outweighed the bad. Long ass game, good battle system. LONG ASS GAME.

>Golden Sun

Lol. I mean its...a game It just feels kinda shitty compared to much other handheld jrpgs. The originals were better, but it is hard to say if the reason was just because of the limited availability of good jrpg handhelds back then, or they were actually good games. I might be a little biased against them though since I am not a huge fan of puzzle games.
>>
>>343855169
If you're looking for a game to play it should be in this order of importance

Abyss>Xenoblade>Golden Sun
>>
>>343855169
>Abyss
>Xenoblade
>GS:DD, a bad DS game
>>
>>343857363
Like in a few months.
>>
>>343860053
I was actually kidding, but we're seriously getting EO5? Awesome
>>
>>343855169
How about throw a fourth one in and rank those with Hyrule Warriors with the 3ds?
>>
>>343855169
Tales of the Abyss >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Xenoblade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Golden Sun Dark Dawn

Xenoblade is a great game, very comfy and well paced.

However, Tales of the Abyss just happens to be the greatest JRPG ever created. Best characters, story, world-building in any that I've seen, with fun combat to boot.

Dark Dawn is shit.
>>
>>343858196
>Long ass game
Xenoblade is like 25 hours longer than TotA
>>
>>343857228
Abyss's cast is filled with assholes. We're talking a literal gold-digger, a spoiled brat, a guy who gets off on constantly making mean jokes, and a haughty princess. Tear and Guy are your beacons in a party filled with heavily flawed individuals, and even they have their own issues.

That's not to say that they're bad characters, but Abyss's cast of bitches and whores turns a lot of people off. The main character is especially grating.
>>
>>343864095

This definitely did not reflect my experience with the two games, but ok.

I beat Xenoblade in about 40 hours and Tales of the Abyss in 50-60.

But this is without doing all the sidequests in Xenoblade, which I would assume would add a massive amount of gametime because of how many there were. I found quest grinding to be quite boring though, so I skipped it.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.