[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Buyer's Remorse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: Hotline_Miami_2_cover.jpg (226 KB, 470x640) Image search: [Google]
Hotline_Miami_2_cover.jpg
226 KB, 470x640
ITT: Buyer's Remorse
>>
>>343839614
Not even joking. The console version is just fucking awful. I know ti was a shooter on consoles but those worked in the past if the port/versions had at least a little care from the devs, but overwatch console version is just absolutely fucking awful.
>>
File: SI_CitizensOfEarth.png (377 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
SI_CitizensOfEarth.png
377 KB, 1000x500
>>343839614
>>
The first game relied on skill and creativity to pass the levels. This game relied on you to find out where the enemies were off screen so you could shoot blindly in their direction or they'd shoot you from off screen. Game was bullshit.
>>
Fucking how? HM2 is fucking amazing.
>>
>>343840198
What exactly was wrong? No bait, genuinely curious.
>>
>>343839614
I literally finished this game like a few hours ago.

I wouldn't say remorse, it just has the unfortunate situation of having to be a sequel to a near perfect game whilst trying to be very different at the same time.
>>
File: 1463793223949.jpg (44 KB, 282x341) Image search: [Google]
1463793223949.jpg
44 KB, 282x341
>Distance
Great graphics but my inner jew is talking here since I could play Nitronic Rush
Still have to play Invisible Inc, Alpha Protocol and test Deadly Premonition/Bully pc port
>>
>>343839614
Xenoblade Chronicles. First real buyers remorse I have ever had
>>
>>343840247
The same thing happened in 1 though. The whole map was never shown and there were countless times were straight, long hallways would get you killed.

The only issue you could have is the differences in abilities per mask/character. Or story. Everything else is basically the same.
>>
>>343840353
It wanted to be a spiritual successor to Earthbound, which sounded right up my alley, even if the game was clearly going for an even more comedic tone than EB, but the actual game is so bland, the combat feels unpolished and they didn't even attempt to mess even a little bit with the formula, which makes it feels dated as fuck when it plays so similarly to a game that's over 20 years old, the graphics and interface are pretty bland and app-ish, and even the writing and humor aren't clever and funny enough to save it. It's just a chore, and damn waste of potential.
>>
>it's another "I'm no good at the game so it's bad" episode starring neo /v/
>>
File: header.jpg (38 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
38 KB, 460x215
>>343839614
It's literally Nitronic Rush but with way less content, even though it's been over two years already since it hit steam. You have to rely entirely on the community for content as the official stuff is so barebones, but yet they took the time and effort to make a fucking track generator based on entered phrases.
The worst part is that since the gameplay is still good I don't want to refund it, but there is so little to do I don't feel like playing it.
>>
>>343840247
You actually get used to HM2's bullshit
although it does lead to this very cautious "peak around the corner in case you get shot through a window pane" playstyle which is noway near as fun and always ends up getting you a shit rank
>>
File: dark-souls-2-cover.jpg (106 KB, 600x796) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-2-cover.jpg
106 KB, 600x796
>>
Hero Siege.
>>
You fuckheads know nothing of Sword of the Stars 2

NOTHING
>>
>>343839614
FUCKING TRIGGERED!!!

Hotline Miami 2 was goddamn brilliant.
>>
>>343839972
>saw 80% of the people I know on steam playing it constantly just after release
>now almost all of them have gone back to playing absolutely anything else
>>
>>343841952
People played the game, beat it, and then played other games?
>>
File: deus-ex-human-revolution-cover.jpg (274 KB, 1062x1500) Image search: [Google]
deus-ex-human-revolution-cover.jpg
274 KB, 1062x1500
Tedious as fuck.
>>
>>343842979
>overwatch
>beat it
>>
>>343842979
Since when did Overwatch have a single player mode?
>>
>>343843465
>>343843345

Fuck, thought that was in response to Hotline Miami 2.
>>
>>343843512
Guess you overlooked it

You should watch more carefully
>>
>>343843893
Delete this
>>
>>343839614
2 is better than 1
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.