[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does the general population of /v/ think Splatoon takes skill?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 2717093-spratoonbox.jpg (98 KB, 313x399) Image search: [Google]
2717093-spratoonbox.jpg
98 KB, 313x399
Does the general population of /v/ think Splatoon takes skill?
Honest question.

For the record, I think it does.
>>
Of course it does, but obviously with team-based gameplay outside of squads it's hard to carry your team if they're heavy enough, especially since the game favors territory control over a direct k/d (even though splats are obviously important)
>>
any fps takes at least some skill... for example you have to aim
>>
>>343838785
It's not as if there are any advanced tech in the game since abilities do that for you. Once you can flick charger someone consistently, you're a Jap E-liter. Everything else in the game is all about spatial awareness and being able sync with your team without audible communication.
>>
>>343839384
>It's not as if there are any advanced tech in the game since abilities do that for you
? There's definitely "advanced tech" in the game, as in tech you won't see used by level 3 beginners with their gold aerospray

some of it actually makes certain abilities useless, like how ninja squid is made pointless once you know how to swim through ink without making ripples
>>
In general, yes, however there are some sets that make the game easy to the point where there's no reason to use any other set.
Dynamo Rollers and .96 Decos, can carry any shitty from C Rank to S, I really hope Splatoon 2 doesn't keep these weapons, as the game would be perfect without them.

Panic button Kraken is also an issue, I don't know why Kraken finds its way onto every other set, but it does. Nothing is more frustrating than cornering someone with the Splash O/Carbon Roller and they pop Kraken and you get killed.
>>
>>343838785
The game was designed for children only. Of course not
>>
File: get splet.webm (1019 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
get splet.webm
1019 KB, 640x360
>>343840818
Kraken can be bullshit sometimes, but you can usually just run away or knock them back long enough to survive.
>>
>>343840380
What, like flicking with a roller instead of squishing? It's not advanced. Its just using common sense. I think youre. confusing advanced tech with strategy.
>>
Requires more skill than overwatch atleast.
>>
>>343841490
what doesn't?
>>
I don't think it takes a lot of skill, but there are some skill elements.
>>
>>343838785
Yeah but it's mostly about teamwork.

The better you and your teammates are at understanding your positions, the field, the ink and the enemies position the better you'll do. You can NOT carry a team in Ranked on your own. I've had rounds with 17-3 splat ratio and we lose because the team just doesn't push or DO anything. Basically your team needs to have fucking AWARENESS. Like when to push, when to fall back and support, etc.

There are some weapons that take no skill though. Like the mentioned Gals and Dynamo Rollers. Gals getting two shot kos is bullshit and Dynamos will almost ALWAYS hit you, they don't even boil down to aim, just timing, and the range on it is insane so there's plenty of room for error on timing too. If you see them, just flick and you'll get em.

I've been using a lot of the mini Zekko with the quick short charge and doing really well. I'd say it takes some skill in the timing, but the aiming allows a good bit of error which helps me because I swear I can't get the shot arc down properly with the other weapons. Still not at S+ though, but I'm getting close
>>
What does it take if not skill? There's no real RNG element unless you really want to count bullet spread and the objectives are even with mechanics that reward both smart play and twitch play.
>>
>>343841063
>Kraken can be bullshit sometimes
All the time with Japs. That fucking lag or whatever it is, where they'll splat you from a foot away. And when that' the case, you can forget about pushing them back because the game just lags and doesn't push them until a second or two after it should. Like you're hearing the sound effect of hitting the Kraken but you aren't seeing the results. I'm not the only one this happens to a lot with the nips, right?
>>
Damn yall some fuckin nerds talking about some painting squid bullshit.

CoD takes more skill than this
>>
>>343843853
(You)
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.