[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: T5_USA_PC_2D.jpg (817 KB, 1529x2163) Image search: [Google]
T5_USA_PC_2D.jpg
817 KB, 1529x2163
What went wrong?
>>
Nothing. Its a great game.
>>
>>343833546
Removal of faction, the over-simplification of both domestic and foreign political relations, the lowered control over factories and resources, and the eras bringing rapid obseletion of buildings leading to a very small set of building choices compared to previous Tropico games.

The only thing it did better than 4 were plantations being far more predictable and manageable than 4's farms, and the building grid was easier to work with aesthetically.
>>
>>343833546
- They released 5 with far less content than 4. Which was going for less than half the price with all of the expansion/DLC content.

- The PS4 version was "FREE" on PS Plus. Yet they are releasing the Complete Edition for $49.99 in August. Good luck with that.

I'll definitely admit that Cities: Skylines is not for everyone, but Tropico needs to either focus on more military animations or do better in city building. It's feeling stale when there is no reason for it.
>>
>>343833546
too much DLC
>>
>>343834865
>removal of faction
>>
>>343833546
Literally released the same a third time
>>
I feel like they just changed everything for the sake of changing it.

Then they really tried to force the multiplayer which was not very good.

Second was that the era changes are way to fast and it makes a lot of things obsolete or just aren't as good. For instance coffee is almost worthless in WW2 era while cotten si worth a ton. Because of this if you don't have any good spots for cotten and do prepare for it during colonial times you get pretty fucked during the change. Then after WW2 cotton becomes pretty wothless.

The way traits and the whole family system wasn't good either. Not only was it even more limited but you can't even choose your name.

Plus it had DLC out the ass, most of which where already part of the base game of 4 and a selling point for a lot of the DLC was new music tracks.
>>
I really feel like they just kind of lost focus on what made 3 and 4 so good. 4 was the perfect balance between city building and economy.

A lot of people complain about Tropicos combat but the game was never about it to start with. The whole point was just to give you a little more visuilization of how shitty/good your army is when a threat does happen.

Plus 5s style was just bleh. 4 feels like they actually went down to Brazil and Mexico and looked at real buildings people where living in. 5 looks like they watched The Three Caballeros way to many times and think that is what south american buildings look like.
>>
>>343836794
>3 and 4 so good.

Why is /v/ so reddit and casual when it comes to this series? Only the first one was good. 3 and the what came after it were terrible and a step down. They just made 4 and 5 for free money.
>>
>>343833546
Stuff
>>
>>343835114
>- They released 5 with far less content than 4.

To be fair, T4 was basically T3 with additional content, not including the p2w DLC.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.