[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I allowed not to like this game? >I've gotten two
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: llll.jpg (94 KB, 784x830) Image search: [Google]
llll.jpg
94 KB, 784x830
Am I allowed not to like this game?

>I've gotten two endings so far (the one with the submarine and the coffin) and all the game does is pile on the mystery. At some point it's not exciting anymore, it's annoying.
>Entire game takes place under a short amount of time leaving little room for anything but shallow characterizations.
>Literally 90% of the story is the characters discovering, explaining and analyzing new information they discover about the game they are forced to play in a ridiculously meticulous way. It's as if they are loving ever second it makes the game longer.
>The text fucking moves at a snail's pace and there is no option to change it, like in Phoenix Wright. I've made a sandwich or something by the time a line is ready and the next is starting.
>The puzzles are so easy there seems to be an in-story explanation for it. You get the answers telepathically.

Note that I usually love visual novels and adventure games.
>>
>>343831718
>Am I allowed not to like this game?
no, you must like it
>>
yes, read ever17 instead
>>
>>343831869

Fuckkkk. Why are you so unforgiving?

Also, I forgot to mention ...

>having to do the puzzles again and again to get other endings, which is particularly infuriating because knowing the code or something doesn't help -- you have to do everything as if you are discovering it for the first time when all you want is to get past it.
>>
Well if you don't like the endings piling onto the mystery you might as well stop now because 5 out of the 6 endings do that. It's only going to get worse in the sequel with like 20 endings.

It sounds like you're just not liking it so there's not much to do but suck it up or drop it.
>>
>>343832105
>>having to do the puzzles again and again to get other endings, which is particularly infuriating because knowing the code or something doesn't help -- you have to do everything as if you are discovering it for the first time when all you want is to get past it.

this was annoying, yeah. the sequels fixed that.
>>
>>343831718
>all the game does is pile on the mystery. At some point it's not exciting anymore, it's annoying.
I've never actually played it, just read an LP at work, but the true ending does answer pretty much everything very concretely if that makes you feel better.
>>
>>343832017
this 2bh senpai
>>
You're allowed to not like whatever you want, but it won't save you from being a faggot
>>
>>343832105
I wrote all the answers on a notebook so for subsequent runs I'd just walk around, grab all the items then input the answer.

IIRC you can fast forward through all the text you've already read so it shouldn't be that slow.

VLR introduces a flowchart that you can skip around so you never have to redo rooms.
>>
>>343831718
FFFFFFFFFFFFAGGOT!

YOUR TASTE IS O B J E C T I V E L Y S H I T
>>
>>343832105
nah, we all have our preferences, man

i didn't mind the plot (i like 2mysterious4u, convoluted plots in video games), but the "doing puzzles a billion times to get all endings" IS annoying

i have yet to play the third game, but VLR fixes that, thankfully
>>
>>343831718
You suck, man.
>>
>>343831718
i you dont like the mystery then its not much for you, but dont worry anon i quit the game 3 times because i didnt care much about it. The thing is the last time i give it a try i complete it and love it, then play the others. the serie is good if you dont like it just give it some time and try it again later, just try no to get spoiler
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.