[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Protagonists who are shitty people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: the-last-of-us-joel.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
the-last-of-us-joel.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
The only main character that is played up as a good guy but is one of the shittiest human beings in all of videogames.
>>
>Joel
>played up to be a good guy
One of his first conversations with Tess involves them talking about being shitty people
>>
File: 20A6fp7.jpg (52 KB, 1021x572) Image search: [Google]
20A6fp7.jpg
52 KB, 1021x572
>>
Nearly every interaction he has with other players reinforces that he was a regular Joe(l) before the outbreak who had to make the hard decisions and be violent to protect others or get things done. He doesn't pretend to be good, he knows what he does is immoral, but the world that they're in requires that you be such a person or get stepped over. Him trying to have a positive relationship with Ellie isn't him being played up as a good guy, and even she remarks about how brutal he is.
>>
>>343813845
Solid Snake believes in the No Kill doctrine

Big Boss canonically kills tons one by one
>>
He admitted to being a rapist and murderer of innocents during the Pittsburgh sequence.

I want to know how he made it from Texas to Boston to start his reign of terror to begin with.
>>
>>343813105
When the fuck did the game ever play up Joel as a good guy? Because even in the first part of the game when his daughter was still alive he was still leaving people with little kids on the side of the road to die.
>>
>>343813493
and one of his conversations with ellie is about how he knew the guy in Pittsburgh was just pretending to be hurt so that his friends could jump and kill them because he used to do that to other people.
>>
>>343814724
Joel ain't no rapist
>>
>>343814724
He's an egotist, but those are the kind of people most likely to survive in a post-apocalyptic scenario.
>>
>>343813105
I don't remember him being played up as good. His own brother says he only has nightmares from surviving with him, also he tortures people on three occasions
>>
>>343813105
>I can't handle a 3 dimensional character.
>>
>>343813105
Joel is only a "good guy" to his close friends or family. A lot of people are like this at least to a certain degree. He is no hero but he is also far from being the "villain". If it wasn't for his actions/existence Ellie would have never made it to the Fireflies ever changing hideout.
>>
File: Haze-2.png (92 KB, 409x600) Image search: [Google]
Haze-2.png
92 KB, 409x600
ye ye
ye
>>
>>343814724
Nice headcanon. He wasn't a rapist.
>>
>>343816381
>cardboard cut-out
>three dimensional character
>>
>>343817535
>i didn't play the game guys, can you tell?
>>
>>343815068
>When the fuck did the game ever play up Joel as a good guy? Because even in the first part of the game when his daughter was still alive he was still leaving people with little kids on the side of the road to die.

There's nothing wrong with that, he doesn't understand the events he is experiencing and simply knows people are going insane and attacking each other. Would you let strangers into your car if you thought they'd try to bite you and your daughter to death? What's more, you could find yourself at odds with other survivors, what if the father you picked up pointed a gun at you and ordered you to take him to rescue someone else when you just want to escape with your family.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.