[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drakengard/Nier series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Nier_Replicant.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Nier_Replicant.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
In anticipation for Automata I'm thinking of importing Nier Replicant. Have any of you played this version? My Japanese isn't great but I feel like I could manage since I've already played Gestalt and know the general story well enough. I'm kind of worried about Kaine's dialogue though since apparently the vulgarities are censored and I don't think I could really fill in the gaps there like I can with English vulgarities. Unless they have it in the subtitles (which would kind of defeat the point of the bleeping) I'm afraid that it'll make her dialogue in cutscenes a bit incomprehensible for me.
>>
>>343809464
You'll understand most of it since the dialouges are mostly the same except for buttfuck implications with brother Nier. The dialouge for Kaine is fine, she simply swears less, but it's not on the level of Drakengard 3
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjxWOcDZwbE

It seems it is censored in the text too. I wonder what these Japanese swears are.
>>
Piggy backing your post to ask if I need to play drakengard 3 first or if I can just jump into nier
>>
>>343811794
Nier literally came out before Drakengard 3, so obviously you can jump into Nier.

Know however that Nier takes place after the last ending of Drakengard 1.
>>
>>343812031
So I take it it isn't dependent on the d1 narrative? I have next to no knowledge of the series but it looks neat.
>>
>>343812329
It's not necessary to know D1 plot but knowing it will give you the "OOOOOOOOOOOOH" factor. Not knowing D1 plot will simply make some things completely fly over your head.
>>
>>343812601
Ah gotcha, guess ill torrent it then first, thanks
>>
>>343812329

Drakengard really only has to do with the backstory. You can play through Nier and understand the plot just fine. That's what I did. The connection is really cool though.

Which reminds me I need to read Grimoir Nier cause apparently that fleshes out the connection even more along with other side stories. Not sure whether to import it before or after playing Replicant cause apparently Brother Nier is canon to the stories in it.
>>
>>343812904
I really hate missing references, especially when I KNOW im missing one, so ill just power through it first. I've been looking for some more nip games anyway.
>>
>>343813878

That's understandable. Just keep two things in mind.

1: Some of the darker stuff is toned down in the English version but it's still very much implied.

2: You need all the weapons for Ending E so make sure to use a guide to find them all. Some of those are just stupidly hidden and you'd never find them otherwise. I thought I could do it without a guide and quickly gave up. Some of them are simple enough like "Kill all the enemies in a certain part of the map" but others are "Run up against these random paintings with no indication because FUCK YOU HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT".
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.