[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a Europa Universalis IV thread? Grabbed it a few
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: EUIV.jpg (280 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
EUIV.jpg
280 KB, 1600x900
Can we have a Europa Universalis IV thread?

Grabbed it a few days ago in the steam sale and have been putting a lot of time and effort into trying to git gud.

/v/ suggested I play as a Ireland nation to start off and learn the game, which is what I'm doing but I'm having a problem acquiring gold to fund a war I'm trying to start.

I've sent a couple of merchants to some trade nodes but its only given me a minimal increase in my gold revenue, maybe 0.4+ per month.

Any advice on how to make some more money and kickstart my conquest of Ireland?
>>
Wait, what? Crusader Kings 2 is where you would want to start in Ireland. That's not a very good idea in EUIV; small nations are hard mode.

In EUIV, you'd want to start as one of the Great Powers, especially the countries listed on the start screen.
>>
File: sdvsv.gif (1 MB, 400x211) Image search: [Google]
sdvsv.gif
1 MB, 400x211
>>343795504
>Not JRPG
What the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>343797761
In a previous thread it was pretty widely accepted that playing as a small Ireland nation was a good way to learn the game seeing as the in-game tutorials are a pile of wank.
>>
File: ded.jpg (610 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
ded.jpg
610 KB, 1680x1050
Incest in province development, but if it's just for a short war, it probably makes more sense to take a loan and go for it, unless you're really unsure if you can win.

Also, what >>343797761 said, big nations in EUIV are generally much easier to ply than minors, whereas in CK2 playing with a high tier title means you havce a whole new level of inner politics to deal with, in addition with international diplomacy.
>>
>>343798474
>take a loan
How is this done?
>>
>>343798676
It's in the budget tab. You also take loans automatically when you run out of money.
>>
portugal is a pretty good starter country. spain is also pretty good once you figure out how the unification events play out.
>>
>>343799741
Found it, but it doesn't seem to be that beneficial, I'd much rather a more effective long-term method of income, trade seems to be it but it's taking a long time to build up.
>>
>>343801540
loans aren't for long term income, they're for emergency situations
they're critical for minor nations to hire a couple of mercs and beat another minor nation which is worth it in the long run

trade is just one way of making money though, don't neglect taxation and production and if you've got it gold based income
>>
>>343801540
Boost your province development. Since you're a fairly small nation, it should have a noticeable impact.
>>
>>343798474

>serbia's still alive

how ?
>>
>>343802437
I had it released from the Ottomans and set it up as my own little satellite in Europe.
>>
>>343795504
The general concensus is either Ottomans or Portugal for first timers. Austria is fairly easy, as is France. Smaller nations will prove a challenge, although HRE minors are generally easier than the ones outside as you'll have the Emperor's backing if attacked
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.