[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did this piece of shit get a sequel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: The_Witcher_EU_box.jpg (463 KB, 1280x1719) Image search: [Google]
The_Witcher_EU_box.jpg
463 KB, 1280x1719
How did this piece of shit get a sequel?
>>
BUT IT DID

AND THEN ANOTHER
/AND THEN THE EXPANSIONS/
>>
As someone who bought Witcher 2 during the sale.

Witcher 1 is the best game in the series.
>>
File: 1428532808089.jpg (36 KB, 479x492) Image search: [Google]
1428532808089.jpg
36 KB, 479x492
>>343792430
>>
>>343792127
totally agree with you there. well at least it wasn't as bad as assassin's creed. lel
>>
My favorite game is lugiu masnion iblike the professor he is silly and has a funny glasses and mustashe i like the king boo he is acart but he doesnt scare me and i like to catch the ghost tho make lyggi happy
>>
I really want to get into this game but there's so much fetch quest shit going on that I cant stay interested long enough to enjoy the main story
>>
A dead genre known as CRPGs was still popular at the time.
>>
>>343792127
You are piece of shit.
Witcher 1 is one of the greatest modern CRPGs, and far superior to any of its consolized sequels
>>
>>343792879
Whats a crpg. Honest question.
>>
no idea, good thing it did though, so the Witcher 3 could eventually be made, the greatest game of all time
>>
File: witcher-09-fields-scenery.jpg (577 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
witcher-09-fields-scenery.jpg
577 KB, 1920x1200
>>343792723
my tip is to slow the fuck down, and enjoy the world and its atmosphere. Don't make it your main goal to DO everything or even something ASAP, just explore and have fun! You're not going to see and experience everything the game has to offer on your first playthrough anyway.

Now, even if you would prefer to play as a "doer" guy, most people agree that the game improves quite a bit towards the end. The first two chapters are literally all about tutoring the player and introducing you to the game's world and lore.

>>343793050
Computer Role Playing Game.
>>
>>343793050
Computer RPG. The term has basically been replaced by WRPG, but is still used to refer to isometric RPGs.
>>
>>343793050
Console RPG, a genre invented by Sony. The first notable crpgs were Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger, two Playstation games. Don't let PCcucks tell you otherwise.
>>
>>343793197
>You're not going to see and experience everything the game has to offer on your first playthrough anyway.

I have beaten this game multiple times and have never done a Scoi'atel playthrough. I find Yavin absolutely unbearable. I've done one neutral run but usually go Order.

>>343792723
Unfortunately, the "it gets good in Act 4" meme is 100% true. Act 1 is enjoyable, but Act 2 and 3 are just downright terrible and you're gonna have to grin and bear it or just give up. You also run the risk that after dozens of hours you still won't like the rest of the game. It's a war of attrition to see if you actually like this game.

I enjoy the game, but anyone who doesn't see why someone would hate it must be living in la la land.
>>
>>343793819
Chrono Trigger is just alright. I mean it. Just alright.
>>
>>343792127
You really can skip straight to TW2: Assassin of Kings. Very little of the goings-on in TW1 carry over into the other games, and what does you can just catch up on through lore entries or context. Don't let an admittedly awkward debut title turn you off to what is otherwise a damn good series. Also, play with the Polish voice-over, the guy who does Geralt in English sounds like Christian Bale's Batman and it's goofy.
>>
>>343794385
TW2 is ass, though.
>>
>>343792127

I don't know, but thank God that it did, TW2 is my favorite RPG
>>
>>343792723
fetch quests are optional yahtzee you retard
>>
>>343794546
>TW2
>"RPG"
this is what Xbox generation thinks ?
>>
>>343792852

CRPG's are stronger now than they have been since 2002
>>
>>343794546
You mean your favorite action adventure.
>>
File: witcher3 2016-07-04 00-15-33-53.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2016-07-04 00-15-33-53.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>343792127
Slavs wanted to make more, and so they did
>>
>>343793197
The atmosphere is probably the only thing I liked about the game. Every area and its' music was amazing.

Actually, the Witcher's atmosphere is probably the best of any game I've ever played.
>>
>>343794507
In what way? The story is better, the quests are less fetchy. Combat boils down to casting Aard and getting in a few hits, true, but it is what it is. You're really playing for the characters anyway.
>>
It is a great game and everyone who can't recognize that should find another hobby.
>>
File: qrqRQGw.jpg (272 KB, 1675x942) Image search: [Google]
qrqRQGw.jpg
272 KB, 1675x942
>>343792127
I loved it and hated it at the same time

it's a brilliant RPG, but the graphics (the character animations especially), the quest designs in the first 3 acts and the combat looks and feels absolutely awful, and the game itself aged poorly

it's one of the games that REALLY deserve a remaster
>>
it's the pride of Pooland
>>
>>343792127
Still better than the books.
>>
>>343795074
>it's a brilliant RPG, but the graphics (the character animations especially), the quest designs in the first 3 acts and the combat looks and feels absolutely awful, and the game itself aged poorly
I played TW1 for the first time in 2012, and I think you're just full of shit, and already become a graphix-fag.

I find TW1 to look absolutely gorgeous, even today. The gameplay is fucking great too, and beats that clunky, non-KB and mouse optimized shit and the terrible UI the sequels have 6-0, any day.
>>
>>343792127

They promised to do a better work next time, and they did.
>>
I actually just finished my first playthrough of Witcher 1 just the other day. It was a little difficult to get into at first, combat was kind of weird, but I got adjusted to it and the first chapter and a half were kind of slow, also had that bullshit hellhound fight at the end of chapter 1. It was worth playing though, the story got really good around the end of chapter 2, beginning of chapter 3. The areas were alright, Vizima was interesting, but got kind of annoying to traverse after awhile, anything swamp sucked, chapter 4 was nice, chapter 1 was pretty, but a bit straightforward. Combat was alright, but it wasn't anything to write home about, it worked though, alchemy was fine, the level up system was fine. Overall it was a really enjoyable game, but I don't know if I can honestly rank higher than 3 or even 2.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.