[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, let's talk like real adults here, What are the pros
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 71Sr7M8jZXL._SL1500_.jpg (100 KB, 1500x598) Image search: [Google]
71Sr7M8jZXL._SL1500_.jpg
100 KB, 1500x598
Ok, let's talk like real adults here,

What are the pros and cons of wireless mice and keyboards for games?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>343784197
i use an hp wireless elite keyboard v2 and a logitech mx master

the pro is that it looks great and simplifies your desk a ton

the con is that if you really want to depend on it for something like a fast-paced fps, you must have direct line-of-sight from the device to its dongle (generally). In this pic, the dongles for the m and kb are on the front-top of the tower on the right, and work with zero connection skips or drops.

The other keyboard in the pic is the logitech k400, which is great for couch use (the cube on the left is my htpc, usually in the living room)
>>
>>343784197
Pro:
They don't any wires

Cons:
They're fucking garbage tier performance wise
>>
>>343785131
oh, and if you get all logitech stuff, they can all use the same little universal dongle, saving you usb slots
>>
You cant get a good wireless mechanical keyboard. I hated charging my wireless mouse when I had it. It was a good Logitech though.
>>
Pro: the wire wont tangle
Con It won't respond so fast
>>
>>343785261
i use mine for cs:go, doom, and whatever else. the difference is not noticeable.
>>
>>343784197
I'm not sure if latency is a real issue. I just dont know about build quality.
I bought the Chroma Razer keyboard and mousepad, and I have a deathadder mouse.
I think if you can get any mouse that does 400DPI you'll be fine. I know there's scrubs that can whoop my ass using $10 mice.
>>
>>343785131

that mouse doesn't look comfy for games
>>
Look into the G900 OP. It's expensive but its a mouse that makes you not have to care about wired vs wireless benefits. Its a wireless mouse with an extremely stable connection and the same delay wired as it is wireless. It's 1 ms delay across the board.
>>
>>343784197
>Pros
no wires
>Cons
dogshit
>>
>>343785701

>$149.99

wew dude
>>
Personally I don't think the drawbacks (potential lag, added weight, battery maintenance, etc) outweigh the benefit (cordless.)

I'd recommend the CM Storm Devastator kb+m set instead for $30, it's very cheap, membrane keys are raised to feel more like mech keys, has volume control and backlighting. However, admittedly the mouse kind of sucks (you might have to lube up the mouse wheel) so I'd eventually replace it with something better. Keyboard is top notch though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKdQXjjk0c

This video explains the problems pretty succinctly.
>>
>>343784197
>Pro
No wires to deal with

>Con
They eat batteries
They constantly disconnect
They have massive delay input

Mouse "bungies", the tool you see most MLG players using to hold the cord up so it doesn't snag, cost like $30 which is less than the added cost of a wireless controller and doesn't have the constant cost of batteries to consider.

If you are an adult you should be able to see the objective benefit of a bungie without letting the stigma of gaming peripherals bother you.
>>
>>343785903
Like I said, it is expensive but if you're wanting the benefit of both it's the only mouse on the market. It's as fast as top gaming mouse but with a wireless connection. It also uses the same sensor as the G502 which is considered to be one of the best.
>>
File: logitech-g900-photo-03_1920.0.jpg (239 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
logitech-g900-photo-03_1920.0.jpg
239 KB, 1920x1080
>>343784197
nothing anymore
>>
>>343785261
This. So much this.

Even the best wireless mouse and keyboard had latency issues whether it be noticeable or minute. Not only that, but button and click registration on them are terrible. Missing one click or one key press can mean the difference in a lot of competitive games esspeically those that require many clicks of presses quickly.
>>
>>343786408
I hope the technology in this thing becomes standard. Cant wait to see 50-80 dollar mice with no delay on wireless.
>>
what are some good wireless m+kb combo for under 100 dollars?
>>
>>343784197
Pros: Easier if you have a couch setup. Any performance issues is minuscule at worst.
Cons: Batteries are stupid, no one wants to run out mid game and when they get low, they'll start acting up.

I go with wired because I hate buying and changing the batteries and from a desk, there is no issues at all to just having these things just perma plugged in. I have a keyboard and touch pad mouse combo I bought for $20 purely for the sake of using my computer from my couch, but it stays inactive 80% of the time.
>>
File: Viotech Wireless Set.jpg (164 KB, 1500x707) Image search: [Google]
Viotech Wireless Set.jpg
164 KB, 1500x707
>>343787123
This set is twelve bucks and surprisingly good, used to use it back when I was a poorfag. https://www.amazon.com/Diablotek-HAWKPECK-2-4GHZ-Wireless-Keyboard/
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.