[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
quick should i buy SF5 ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: google.com.tr 16_Steam.jpg (39 KB, 640x200) Image search: [Google]
google.com.tr 16_Steam.jpg
39 KB, 640x200
i currently dont have hardware for it , i wanna play it this summer. im gonna buy either laptop or desktop in few months but question remains

should i buy it? 1 hours left

is it going to be sale during EVO ?

did last year capcom made sale at EVO?
>>
yes buy it, the gameplay is very good. best fighting game by far.

no it wont be on sale during evo, evo is just a week away.
>>
>>343772383
>best fighting game

3S was better but it's definitely better than the mess that was USF IV
>>
>>343772182
>paying for sleep fighter v
just play melee, it's a better fighting game and it's free
>>
Yes and no.

do it if you have at least 300 hours to to spare before you learn the core of Street Fighter is about.

Otherwise don't waste your time because the story mode is trash and the game is incomplete despite the recent summer update.

I'd honestly wait for the winter sale.
>>
Bought it already. If i feel remorse about i will cancel it in 14 days thanks
>>
>>343772182
Depends, do you like aggressive fighters? Are you good enough to play them online with tryhards?
>>
>>343772923
>300 hours to git gut

Are you retarded?
>>
>>343774427
Well I'm at 80 hours in and I can't get out of rookie league in rank
>>
File: 1467132629669.png (2 MB, 931x1316) Image search: [Google]
1467132629669.png
2 MB, 931x1316
>>343773887
Not OP, but pretty inexperienced with fighters. Though I played DOA4 exstensively back in the day and was quite good. I liked its (mostly) fast combat and variety of fighters.

Doing complex combos, juggles, and mind games was pretty fun. Even on a slow character, the grappling and reliance on counters was fun. Would I like SF5?

Havent played since 1 or 2 in the 90's, and that was against my mom. So I have no idea how the fighters handle
>>
>>343774427
If you know nothing about 2D fighters then it's going to take you a long time learning the fundamentals. I remember slaving away in front of the TV for hours when SSFIV came out and all the angry threads I'd make about it on /v/ asking for help
>>
Yep. Update means the game has a good range of content and netcode has been improve a lot now

>>343774723
>Doing complex combos, juggles, and mind games was pretty fun
You should try Ibuki, she has some fun set ups with her bomb https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H9MNM4AkUg
>>
>>343775890
>recommending Ibuki to someone who's only experience with fighters has been fucking DoA

kek
>>
>>343772182
>1
>hours
>with an s
>>
>>343772916
>Melee
Fuck off neckbeard
>>
>>343775890
Don't play ibuki the first time please. Better off playing Ken.
>>
>>343774620
I'm 100 hours in and I just hit Silver. SFV is my first fighting game

How bad can you be?
>>
How many of the characters are ryu like?
They're really the only ones I'm any good with
Also considering getting it, only 30 on kinguin and ebay
>>
>>343776695
>I'm 100 hours in and just hit the "so I guess you can at least play street fighter competently league"

Ok?
>>
>>343772182
no it's probably going to get a huge price drop
>>
>>343776854
What?
>>
>>343776746
>>
>>343776920
When? In a year from now? 2 years from now? Yeah that usually happens. It's already 30 dollars on keysites
>>
>>343776746
Just Ryu and Ken and they are pretty different this time around

The word you're looking for is shoto characters
>>
>>343772923
>>343774620

What country do you live in?

You cannot really learn street fighter, you have to be taught, either directly or through youtube videos.

If you australian then I can teach you a bit online, otherwise I'd recommend checking out the vesperarcade SF4 tutorial since it's the most complete overall street fighter tutorial and applying what you learn from that to SF5. Aside from that vesper has a couple videos on SF5 and cross counter also has some tutorial stuff of questionable quality.
>>
>>343777808
>>343772923
>>343774620

Also this is a good video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQQCan5oo90

beyond that you need to learn the importance of having a gameplan (round 1 fight, what are you going to do, why are you going to do it, and how is doing that going to help you to win the round), how to capitalize on a life lead, how to control space and zoning, how to overcome characters that are better at zoning then yours, how to apply safe pressure and how to work in overhead / low / throw mixups without exposing yourself too much.
>>
>>343772182

I highly doubt it'll get any cheaper than it is now within the next few months.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.