[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Layton Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: Layton_No_Hat.png (107 KB, 512x385) Image search: [Google]
Layton_No_Hat.png
107 KB, 512x385
This was probably one of the most crushing moments in any video game I've ever played simply because I was totally not expecting the Layton series to end its original trilogy on such a dark and depressing note.

The prequel trilogy was good and each of them was better than the previous, but none of them came close to as being as emotionally affecting as The Unwound Future.

Now we've got rumors that a new trilogy is in the works, perhaps starring a grown-up Luke with his own new apprentice. Are you interested? Or should the series be kept dead?

If they make a sequel I hope they involve Emmy because I love her so much.
>>
File: Stachenscarfen1.png (37 KB, 200x287) Image search: [Google]
Stachenscarfen1.png
37 KB, 200x287
id play a sequel series provided stachenscarfen is involved
>>
>>343769705
Holy shit this.

You spend the whole first 3 games seeing Layton as a really calm person who rarely shows any emotions and comforts others when they're sad, and then this fucking scene plays. I tear up just thinking about it. Nothing compares to the atmosphere, art style and music of the first three games.

US Voice actor for Luke is shit, wouldn't go anywhere near a non-EU release.

Hate the 3-D character models in the new games, really ruins the aesthetics.
>>
I just want more puzzles. The story is cute and all but not that great.
>>
>>343769705
I see this ending brought up as depressing all the time but never beat the games. What happens?
>>
File: tumblr_n627ytiNwn1qcmrfho1_500.jpg (60 KB, 500x698) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n627ytiNwn1qcmrfho1_500.jpg
60 KB, 500x698
>>343769705
I love that scene so much and the game was pretty good too. I loved how each game in the Layton series added a piece to the puzzle that he is.

You see this cool, polite, but reserved professor and can't quite understand him or really see him perturbed, except for some rare occasions. He is a mystery, just like his apparently perfect life. Then each entry shows you a little piece of his past and you realize that he actually suffered a lot and went through a ton of shit without ever losing hope, kindness, and charisma. A really great character.

As for that new Layton game, anon, you can see new pictures here in case you didn't already. There seems to be an assistant lady, but no pictures for the new mysterious main character yet.

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/new-inazuma-eleven-professor-layton-game-set-level-5-vision-2016
>>
File: unwound future.webm (1 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
unwound future.webm
1 MB, 256x192
>>343772614
Layton's old girlfriend got fucked up in a time machine accident, making it so she's stuck in the future and right before the machine exploding. At the end, pic related happens.
>>
>>343769705
>Azran Legacy
>better than Miracle Mask

Not with that ending
>>
>>343772614
She appears in the future- Layton's ex-fiance who he believed died in an explosion, when she was actually briefly thrust into the future before being jerked back into the past at the moment of the explosion, killing her. As she begins to fade away after explaining this, Layton breaks into tears and shouts "NO! I WON'T LET YOU!" and tries to grab her, but he fades through her and hits the ground.

He got to see his fiance for a good minute and a half before seeing her get killed again, basically.
>>
>>343774482
And THEN we flash forward and Luke's father has gotten a job overseas so Luke is moving away and leaving the Professor with no one. The professor is standing on the docks with Luke and says "Now, now, luke, a true gentlemen never cries" or something like that, and Luke, after trying to hold it in, breaks and says "I'm sorry professor, I'm not a true gentleman!" as he starts bawling and hugging him. And that's it. That's how the series ends. Luke moving away and the professor having literally no one.
>>
File: 1467495408570.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1467495408570.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>tfw Claire is stuck in an eternal limbo and will continue to live the time of her death forever
>tfw Layton will never marry her and have a family
>tfw Layton will never see his true parents again and rejoin his brother
>tfw he will watch Luke become an adult while growing old and alone
>>
>>343771403
Oddly, the Professor Layton series, to me, looks REALLY good when you turn the 3D effect up. I hate it on pretty much every game except for Layton. So while I kinda agree with you about it not looking as good by default, it looks a lot better to me when you turn the 3D effect up.
>>
>>343773232
Oh, thanks for the link!

I know we won't be playing AS the professor, but I hope we at least get to hear from him. I'd love for him to at least be doing alright.
>>
>>343774697
>No one

He still has Flora.
>>
I got the 3rd game. Do I need the others to understand anything?
>>
>>343775631
Not really, but it'll be way more emotionally affecting if you HAVE played the first two. I'd reccomend it!
>>
>>343774482
>>343774697
Doesn't Layton have a Son?
>>
>>343776829
I never played that tablet game, but from what I heard I think his son is estranged? I think? Anyone here actually play the tablet game?
>>
>>343776965
from what I remember he has a split personality that makes him batshit insane

so, probably
>>
>>343776829
not canon
>>
File: Inazuma-Layton_06-24-16_014[1].jpg (205 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Inazuma-Layton_06-24-16_014[1].jpg
205 KB, 1920x1080
>>343773232
I like this design, he seems like a gumshoe type detective
>>
>>343779272
Latyon VS Edgeworth game when?
>>
>>343776829
He is not canon and from what I heard the game isn't that good. Also as >>343777389 said, he is schizophrenic and affected with double personality disorder, so I doubt they will ever make him canon.

Also I really can't imagine Layton getting with another woman. Claire is pretty much his only love and the only woman he will ever love - like those old married couples where one lives in a lifelong grief after the other's death. My grandma is like that.
>>
File: LaytonIncorrect.png (7 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
LaytonIncorrect.png
7 KB, 256x192
>>343779272
>>343773232
>mfw iOS only
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.