[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is the best walking sim ever. it's short, sweet, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: journey-game-screenshot-1-b.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
journey-game-screenshot-1-b.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
this is the best walking sim ever.

it's short, sweet, and beautiful. no other comes close.
>>
>Walking sim
>you can fly
>>
ludo
>>
>bright yellow
>Bright orange
>Beautiful
>>
>>343766338
this meme is fucking stupid

you're literally just saying play
>>
Journey is better than any of /v/'s favorite games.

Better than Morrowind, STALKER, Deus Ex, etc.

Only questionable one is Dark Souls
>>
If I buy it on PS4 will I be able to find another player?
>>
>>343766519
It's pretty deserted these days.
>>
>>343766705
Maybe I'll wait for it to go on sale
Some people will surely buy it then
>>
I wish the beautiful world, art, physics and all the cool shit in the game was not wasted on a 2 hour 'experiance'

Imagine that world as an actual game /v/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU3nNT4rcFg
>>
>>343766392
It's just posers trying to bite off /tv/'s kino.
>>
>>343766505
Actually in its time Morrowind gave the same vibes. People are tainted by fast travel, you'd spend a good 30 mins walking into an unknown direction only to stumble across a small town that is filled with quests.
>>
File: ZP.png (583 KB, 557x515) Image search: [Google]
ZP.png
583 KB, 557x515
>>343766519
just beat it on PS4 last night

apparently I encountered 3 other players but only ever saw 1 for a brief second before he ran ahead of me and disappeared

which sucks because the multiplayer really is enjoyable and quite special

>first time playing the game on PS3
>meet up with someone around the halfway point, sand surfing segment
>make our journey together, sticking close to each other, sneaking through the caves
>get to the mountain
>final push where the guardians are monitoring your trek up the hill
>he gets spotted
>gets smacked like halfway down the mountain
>I feel genuine pain and immediately try and head back down to be there for him
>he loses his entire scarf
>we push through
>that fucking ending segment
>flying through the clouds with that nigga
>that fucking ost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypNgvc6c6Cc

it's a magical experience.
>>
File: dam.webm (2 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
dam.webm
2 MB, 800x600
>>343766079
>>
It was worth the £10 I spent on it.
>>
Endless forest did it better.
>>
This guy sent me a message after our playthrough about how hard he cried when I came back after he got caught by those snake things. Say what you will about the game, no other multiplayer game has given me that.
>>
>>343766921
i get what you mean anon. so many resources that they clearly put a ton of effort into, without much substance to the game itself. that's a fair criticism.

but goddamn, at least we get to see them in some form or another. also, just me being pedantic, but it's more like 3 hours, which is the only way you could possibly finish the entire game with another player, which was definitely an intention of the devs. any longer and you would've had to leave and lose a friend and part of the intended experience.
>>
>>343767138
alright this actually looks pretty solid, what is this?
>>
>>343767226
Probably the most simple yet genius multiplayer idea ever
>>
>>343766079
I think everyone should play this.
>>
File: 1454411008372.gif (1014 KB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
1454411008372.gif
1014 KB, 360x203
>>343767501
Hugging someone and constantly refilling your scarf while floating through the air like a plastic bag caught in an updraft is definitely the purest, most wholesome experience I've ever had with a video game, perhaps even my entire life.
>>
>>343767346
The vanishing of ethan carter. The only thing you need to know is that exactly nothing is explained, you have to figure the gameplay out first. Besides that is pretty good.
>>
It's funny how much /v/ started to like this game after Matthewmatosis said it was good.
>>
>>343767953
who?
>>
>>343767953
i liked it the minute I played it on PS3

have only ever seen his DMC and Dks2 vids.

I wouldn't be surprised though, he's pretty popular here and does solid analysis.
>>
>>343767037
>>343767226
>>343767501
tfw I went full drama queen in the snek factory sneaking part
>I was in the lead for the most part taking up the leadership role in our journey
>Get to the snek factory
>friend got too reckless and got sighted by the snek
>I dash ahead and take the hit for him
>Get flung so fucking far back like a ragdoll
>I don't get up and lay down waiting for him to find my lifeless body
>He eventually finds me and panickly chirps at me while circling my body, eventually he sits down next to me, hoping for me to wake up
>I feel like a massive cunt for doing this to him but I wanted to make a memorable scene and see if he would bail on me
>He doesn't
>After a while I get up and he looks super relieved and happy
>Lost most of my scarf in the attack
>Now he's super protective of me and takes the lead making sure I'm safe and out of harms way
>We end up sticking together till the end and walk through the pearly gates side by side

I still remember my entire journey after all these years since release. Its a fucking emotional rollercoaster of a ride I tell you, I doubt I'll ever forget it.
>>
>>343768293
>Its a fucking emotional rollercoaster of a ride I tell you

You fucking fags would get emotional over goddamn anything.
>>
>>343767863
>is that exactly nothing is explained

It is actually, and it's fucking shit.
>>
>>343767953
There were always a bunch of artfag wankers lusting after this games non-existant cock anon, don't be silly. Same thing went with that flower piece of shit.
>>
>>343768887
Its fucking silly, I know.
But the game is so simple and the communication with the other player is so minimal it barely counts as body language.
Its a really well made game that gets its message across without telling you anything straight up.
>>
Journey is fucking garbage and all you shitters need to go back to whatever cancerous forums you crawled out from and circlejerk about your emotional experiences there until your dicks fall off, where I won't have to read your worthless opinions.
>>
>>343766079
Myst games are better
Talos Principle is better
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is better

Journey is boring and overrated on the internet.
>>
You guys sound like FSGGOTS when posting your shitty stories or claiming to have been touched emotionally. Game is shit empty walking sim. You didn't have any experience. Just pretending so you don't feel your buyers remorse.
>>
>>343767854
This desu. Near the ending segment me and the other player kept close to each other, refilling our scarfs, which was basically like keeping each other warm so we wouldn't freeze to death. It was a pretty intimate experience.

Playing Journey for the first time when there were people playing online was truly a great experience

I wonder what THATGAMECOMPANY is up to these days
>>
The sand is pretty i'll say that much
>>
>>343768887
I know right it's like we're fucking humans or something.
>>
>>343769348
>anyone feeling buyers remorse from a game they bought 4 years ago
>>
>>343769447
>it's like we're fucking humans or something

Yes anon, it's perfectly normal to cry like a baby when you lose a sock in the wash.
>>
>>343769447
Tiny, impressionable humans.
>>
>>343766079
Let's hope Abzu lives up to it
>>
>>343769580
There are some thimgs we just don't joke about anon
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2G54w8H4oM
>>
>>343769348
>ur just pretending to feel emotions none of you actually enjoyed yourself
>>
File: 1241805527010.jpg (24 KB, 338x247) Image search: [Google]
1241805527010.jpg
24 KB, 338x247
i cried during the walk in the blizzard... my and my co-op friend called out to eachother in the snow... ;_;
>>
>>343766079
If that's a walking sim then Super Mario is a walking sim.
Stop using retarded buzzwords.
>>
>>343766505
I agree.
It's not better than SotC though.
>>
>>343766772
I'm sure there is at least one person in the world playing Journey at any given time.
>>
File: 1314303381986.jpg (42 KB, 491x398) Image search: [Google]
1314303381986.jpg
42 KB, 491x398
>>343770178
>underwater Journey
sign me up
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.