[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch - Ranked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 26
File: maxresdefault.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
110 KB, 1280x720
Who tought this shit was okay?

>Disconnecting from a game then rejoining granting you a instant loss EVEN if your team wins.

>Support players having lower MMR than others even though they are one of the most essential parts of a competitive team

>Coin Toss, aka Sudden Death is the stupidest idea i've seen for a gamemode that should be all about skill, and not luck.

>The Underdog system. In theory this sounds a tad bit fair, but in reality, if you play against a enemy team that is just barely below the average skill rating of your team, you will get a LOT LESS xp, even if the match goes into sudden death.

>No Solo Queue or Group-queue, which can sometimes force you to play against organized groups AS A SOLO PLAYER.

>Winning with less teammates (If one of your teammates disconnected for example) rewards both the team with less players and the other team with LESS SKILL RATING/RANKED XP, Even if the team with less players WON.

Not to mention that, in my experience against both south americans and north americans, the community has been REALLY toxic. Even when we win, my teammates will shit talk the enemy team and our own team for no reason.
>>
>>343756592

We're still not going to buy Battleborn, randy
>>
>>343756645
Found the Blizzshill

How many proxys does Blizzard have per employee? 100k 200k?
>>
>>343756592
I'm on consol so I don't have to hear or read any of it, totally fine.
>>
>>343756592
the way rating exp works when someone quits is retarded. If someone quits, the remaining 11 people all lose. The team that had the quitter is probably not going to win 5v6, and even if they do pull a heroic effort and win, there's no bonus xp. Meanwhile, the attacking gets the exp neutered, even if they were comfortably winning all game.

and since you just a likely to play with a quitter rather than against unless you regularly play with large groups, most people are going to find quitters bring a huge ranking exp loss over the course of their career. the systems fucked
>>
Currently going through the placement matches, shit's exhausting to say the least.
>>
>>343756592
Well i heard Blizzard is very sensitive about trashtalk.

So i aggressively report absolutely everyone who says anything slightly offensive.
>>
File: 1463925494376.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463925494376.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>343756592
Yeah, this would really be a big problem if the game itself wasn't shallow as fuck to begin with.
Don't get me wrong, the game is mechanically sound and plays great but there's just very little depth. It's no wonder that everyone and his dog are jumping on this ranked and talk shit against who ever they play with or against.
There's nothing going to change about that, except maybe at the higher tiers like in Cs:GO.

Sounds like quitters are the big problem here and they need to be dealt with, harshly. Cs:GO might not be the best CS but it sure does handle things right with leavers. Disallowing quitters from playing rank from a serious amount of time will make the little fuckers think twice before hitting ESC.
>>
>>343756592
>using toxic as a description for behavior

Opinion instantly discarded.
>>
Kaplan basically said they pushed it out as is because making more changes would delay it to late July and at that point there wouldn't be much of a point to the season since it would last just a couple weeks. If they don't improve this shit for the fall season then they're really fucking up.
>>
>>343756592
>blizzard in charge of things
what did you expect?
>>
>>343756592
>Even when we win, my teammates will shit talk the enemy team and our own team for no reason.
I've noticed this, too. Normally I don't care about people being mad but it's been in every match since leaving placements.

Last night someone on my team went afk for like 10 seconds and this guy on our team who had been calling us all shit the entire match started yelling at us to report him for going afk.
>>
And also WHY THE FUCK DO I LOSE 1 MMR FOR EACH GAME LOST?
WHY THE FUCK DO I GAIN 1/4 OF 1 MMR BY WINNING.

I dropped to 49 from fucking 58.
>>
I absolutely love his game, however, my biggest gripe with competitive mode is that when you lose, your rank goes WAY down. But when you win, it only goes up a little bit. Sort it out, blizzard.
>>
>>343758837
Git gud
>>
>>343756592
In my opinion overwatch is a great game.

But for some reason I get massive amounts of lag pretty often. So I just back out and rejoin another game almost instantly but the reason I quit was because of the lag.

And I get punished. It's like why.fuck the game.
>>
>playing overmeme
xD
>>
>>343759124
(You)
>>
>>343759124
It's actually pretty good.

Like there's a hero in the game that's the spirit animal for everyone. For me it's RoadHog and Tracer.
>>
>>343758216
>Get matched with quite evenly skilled players
>Spend a good forty minutes going back and forth getting the same results till the score is 2/2
>Suddenly a flukey riptire takes out 4 of my team and they manage to cap the point
>DEFEAT
>Nearly an hour playing for fucking nothing
>>
>>343756592
>>Support players having lower MMR than others even though they are one of the most essential parts of a competitive team

Literally what? This statement makes no sense.
>>
>>343759592
It's true.
>>
>>343759592
The MMR system seems to utilize the same mechanics as the medal system, and supports shouldn't be consistently medalling as often, since damage, elims, and obj elims should be going to other positions.
>>
>Play Zarya
>Always shield anyone near the objective and take aggro for the team
>Always let everyone know my ult is ready
>Always get 3-5 caught in my ult.
>Get Trips/Quads by myself
>Half of my team is dead because they can't handle 1 fucking Genji
>GG Blizzard this matchmaking is broken, fucking Genji
>Bruh, you were using Pharah and couldn't beat him?
>>
>defending hanamura
>5 dvas and a lucio attack, zerg the point
>we fucking destroyed them what were they thinking
>>
>>343758837
We stopped caring about mmr because it's obviously bullshit anyway, we treat ranked like quick play because there is little difference between the two other than a purple number.
>>
Can someone tell me the difference between normal games and competitive? It looks the same but with a different ranks or something? Do u get more XP or something? I just don't get it
>>
>>343761127
Competitive games have different systems for draws, KOTH maps go till first team scores 3 points, Payload calculates how far a team pushes the cart + checkpoint scores, same for maps like hanamura, calculates how long it took for you to capture point and if it ties you get time based on your previous game.
>>
>>343761127
Other than your rank, when you win a game you get a competitive point. 300 points can be used to buy a golden weapon. That's about it.
>>
>>343759592
http://masteroverwatch.com/leaderboards/pc/global

Check out the top 50 and their favorite heroes.
That's what 2 Lucios and 1 Mercy? The rest is heroes that get many kills.
>>
>>343756645

>saying ranked is shit makes you a gearbox employee

whatever nerd

I preordered OW and play it every single day. Quick play is a total blast.

Competitive is utter shit. I haven't even placed yet because the few matches I've done have made me never want to touch the mode again
>>
>>343756592
>>>/vg//

Overwatch is for children, don't complain
>>
>>343760642
I've been playing Zarya a little. Is there a way to handle Dva? Because she seems to be immune to my weapons, even when fully charged. And my team certainly never helps.
>>
>>343761695

You point at her and she melts. She can't even block your beam. She's not good for generating energy though, unless she's fucking retarded, but anyone who picks D. Va is at least guaranteed to have a few faulty gears in their brains.
>>
File: image.png (227 KB, 500x543) Image search: [Google]
image.png
227 KB, 500x543
>never pick symmetra because I thought she was pretty useless
>turns out she's based as fuck
What other characters have you had this experience with, bros?
>>
>>343761695
D.Va's defense matrix cannot block your particle beam. it will block the grenades, but not the beam. trust me, i did it all day yesterday. weird thing though, d.va and winston attacking your shields will buff you fairly high.
>>
>>343759483
Your team didn't spread out so it's all of your fault you lost.
Gitgud
>>
>Payload match
>They stop our offense up until point 2
>We stop them in the same spot
>We win (?)
This system is so weird.For all intend and purposes we had a draw, yet we won.
>>
>>343761695
D.Va's are easy kills for Zarya, half the time they rush in and start firing, hitting your shield, then when you start to melt them they put on the matrix like it will do anything. Then they either die or die and run.
>>
>>343756592

>Disconnecting from a game then rejoining granting you a instant loss EVEN if your team wins.
They're working on it:
http://www.pcgamer.com/overwatchs-competitive-mode-will-be-patched-up-soon-blizzard-assures/

>Support players having lower MMR than others even though they are one of the most essential parts of a competitive team
Yeah, they should probably weigh the Healing medals etc. a bit higher so supports get a fairer rank.

>Coin Toss, aka Sudden Death is the stupidest idea i've seen for a gamemode that should be all about skill, and not luck.
They want to remove it:
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745604460
"In the long term, we’re actually looking to remove the coin flip and Sudden Death from the game altogether."

>The Underdog system. In theory this sounds a tad bit fair, but in reality, if you play against a enemy team that is just barely below the average skill rating of your team, you will get a LOT LESS xp, even if the match goes into sudden death.
I agree. In general they should work on the distribution of ranked XP and all its aspects.

>No Solo Queue or Group-queue, which can sometimes force you to play against organized groups AS A SOLO PLAYER.
I don't think thats a big problem. Out of my 100 ranked games I don't rememver once playing against a premade team without having one on my own team aswell.

>Winning with less teammates (If one of your teammates disconnected for example) rewards both the team with less players and the other team with LESS SKILL RATING/RANKED XP, Even if the team with less players WON.
Not sure if this is completely true, but it would be a part of the Disconnection issues and XP distribution that I think should be fixed, so I agree here aswell.

I'm playing on EU and here the atmosphere isn't all that bad. Especially when you tell you team to join the voice chat, everything seems to be more chill then.
>>
>>343762029
She's good, but boring to play
>>
>>343762348
There's no "weight"
Give the same points for each team member, period.
>>
>>343762227
Well, I guess it's on me, then. I wish I had a way to get people to understand you need to attack the payload to stall it. Everyone wants to get drawn off into 1v1 against the opposing team and there's always at least one person still moving the point, which I feel compelled to stall.
>>
>>343762354

Melting tanks and squishies with max charge is the tightest shit. If the turrets weren't so easy to blow up she'd be picked more often.

Also why the fuck can't I give myself the extra 25 shields.
>>
>>343762452
Are you sure? I feel like I lose less rank when I lose but play well than when I do bad.
>>
>>343762452
That would just give shitters who get carried all the time an MMR they don't deserve.
>>
File: 1466856042590.jpg (76 KB, 740x531) Image search: [Google]
1466856042590.jpg
76 KB, 740x531
>doing placement matches
>3rd or 4th match
>start off strong and end up keeping ahead
>one of my team mates leaves
>the rest of my team leaves
>just me against an entire enemy team
>end up just feeding them kills until i lose
Quality Ranked Play
>>
>>343761958
>Thinking D.Va is bad
Nice meme.

>Longest zoning ult in the game, also highest damage ult in the game (pairs well with tanks and Mei)
>Range sucks, good thing she has a 5 second mininuke and mobility ability to wreck Mercy and fuck off
>Literally able to negate any projectile based ultimate with her basic ability
>All while dealing heinous close-range DPS

I'll concede she sucks on capture points and payload, but her king of the hill is pretty fucking good.
>>
Will there be new placements next season or am I forever fucked?
>>
>>343762029
None because I cannot stop playing Pharah.

It's actually a problem because I don't really know how to play any other characters well
>>
>>343762812
How to play other heroes in Overwatch

1. Learn to aim. This is important
2. Flank, or defend flanks, or block damage, or heal
3. Use ult when someone else ults
>>
File: 1466139465741.png (121 KB, 250x418) Image search: [Google]
1466139465741.png
121 KB, 250x418
>overwatch is going to be another heroes of the storm
>>
>>343762592
Like every comp game ever.
It would be even worse in that state actually: Everybody will play attacker/DPS to gain as much as possible ranking points, and it will end like Lol's "first locked, first picked" shitty rule.
>>
>Some bloke decide to ragequit
>Match is now a waste of time for fucking everyone

At this point they need to make it so that people can join midgame in ranked, there's just too much of these tards.
>>
File: 1464493982659.jpg (48 KB, 735x820) Image search: [Google]
1464493982659.jpg
48 KB, 735x820
tfw when in some shitty romanian village where internet drops for 30 sec every once in a while. currently have a suspension on ranked and went from rank 60 -> 53 due to this shit internet and losing a full rank every time I'm dropped.
>>
how do you fuck up ranked this much?
>>
>>343763487
Or just make it so it doesn't affect your rank if you lose when someone quits.
>>
>>343763621
That's abusable though. Wintrades and shit.

There needs to be a penalty, but a grace period for reconnecting. DCs/power outages during ranked are not at the fault of the player.

Maybe a brief, couple minute pause?
>>
>>343756592

Good joke supportcuck

Play something that takes more than 0 skill
>>
>>343763838
>ME FLANK AND AIM
Big whoop. Game isn't hard.
Meanwhile, supports have approximately 9 fucking people out to get them, first and foremost, have small HP pools and very little defensive utility. If you think Lucio, Zenyatta and Symmetra don't take skill or at least game sense, you're fucking stupid.
Meanwhile offense
>ME FLANK
And defense
>ME ZONE

You're probably low MMR though ... heh.
>>
have all the tryhards fucked off to competitive?
>>
>>343756592
Your fucking "skill" rank is like 99% how many games you win and lose. You can play amazing the whole match und lose fucking close but this stupid ass fuckgame will still rank you down. This is the most useless and shittiest competetive mode I have ever played. Unless you have a group of friends you can play with you're fucked and will suffer under brain dead team mates. The worst is that once you lose 2-3 times in a row your rank is so low that you play with literal monkeys and it gets even harder to win than before.

Useless pile of shit mode and still is the same spamming shitfest as the normal game
>>
>>343759592

On this topic, who would be the best character for MMR?

I really like playing Zayra and help my team out a lot, but rarely get medals
>>
Playing ranked made me realise a couple things.

1. The hero pool is really limited if you actually want to 100% WIN
2. The game massively favours defenders
3. Every map is imbalanced in one or more big ways
>>
>>343764170
how are KotH maps imbalanced?
>>
>>343764163
Junkrat
They both end up having the highest damage most of the time. They're just good, and the game still favors DPS a bit more than damage blocked or healing done.
>>
>>343764170
>2. The game massively favours defenders
hardly. the defenders have to win basically every single team fight to win the game. attackers only need to win a couple after which they can usually make a big push and cap a point or push a payload half or all the way to the next checkpoint.
>>
File: 1465951595216.jpg (62 KB, 428x410) Image search: [Google]
1465951595216.jpg
62 KB, 428x410
>>343764170
>The game massively favours defenders

This is a joke, right?
>>
>>343764309
>cap the point
>sit on point until time runs out
>win

basically if your team caps the point they're going to win that round if they're not complete dogshit
>>
>>343758627
Overwatch technically has the same system. You can get banned from playing ranked for an entire season (3 months) if you quit too often.
>>
>>343764404
You just described a win condition, how is "holding the point" imbalanced in any way?

If the other team gets the point and holds it they can do the same thing.
>>
>Currently about 55-33 in ranked
>5 or so of those losses are from people queue dodging with the genji/hanzo bug (you actually get a loss on your record for it)
>7 losses due to people leaving
>10 losses due to getting put with mainers who won't switch off Hanzo/Diva/Stupid shit

I'm at 70 now and if it wasn't for all this stupid shit would easily be 80.
>>
>>343764170
>2. The game massively favours defenders
I hope you're joking
>>
>>343764404
>If your team is better they will win
That's literally what you just said
>>
>>343764309
Are you kidding they are the most imbalanced.

KOTH meta is two winstons, two tracers, two lucios. It's so fuckign stupid. People just abusing the overtime mechanic and keeping overtime going for like upwards of 5, 10 minutes.

It's a fuckign retarded mode becuase contesting the point doesn't slow the timer so in order to compensate they have that shit overtime system reducing KOTH to "Who can end overtime first" with Tracers and Winstons just zipping back and extending it again before dying right away.

It's trash.
>>
>>343764392
>>343764385
Not that guy, but the maps do favor defense. However, spawn placement is ass on CP. Meanwhile, the actual offense heroes are better at offense than defense is at being defensive.

For instance, the only hero with any feasible mobility on defense is Junkrat. Also, basically every offense hero's ult is reliable damage (or just zoning, for McCree), while defense has an extremely unreliable, low damage ult, wallhacks, a "skillshot", a Lucio-countered AoE stun, and a low fire rate missile launcher.
>>
>>343764392
>>343764385

He probably wants Mercy nerfed too, arguably the only reason the defensive team even has a chance in most modes.
>>
>>343764560
Basically, it's easier to hold the point than to retake it.

Retaking means killing + capping.
Holding just mean you have to gain time and push back people.
>>
>>343764385
defenders win way more than attackers
>>
File: 1447294601526.jpg (13 KB, 240x150) Image search: [Google]
1447294601526.jpg
13 KB, 240x150
>>343762769
>heinous close-range DPS
Can you just use adjectives that make sense instead of constantly trying to one-up yourself
>>
File: Dd3XTNF.jpg (240 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Dd3XTNF.jpg
240 KB, 960x720
>reddit cucks come to shitpost on 4chan because they cant cry into their PC echo chamber where everything is fucking sun shine and lolly pops
>>
>>343764560
admittedly the majority of games ive played I've solo queued for, but in my experience thats just how it is.

if your team caps first, then you get it to 99%, two things will happen

>you win that round
>other team comes back hard and sits on the point until they're at 99%, then its who gets luckier and wins the round

many many matches have ended up like this, and many matches where our team would've won was ruined by sudden death.

>>343764648
yes, and? congrats on your stellar reading comprehension, im sure you were a C+ student in school.
>>
>>343764703
And both sides at the start have the same map layout and chance to cap the point.

>>343764673
your team make up has nothing to do with the map itself being imbalanced.
>>
File: 6u34063466363.png (113 KB, 259x336) Image search: [Google]
6u34063466363.png
113 KB, 259x336
>>343756592
>Toxic
>Not liking shit talking in online video games
>>
>toxic
thread discarded
>>
>>343763242
Whats wrong with HotS
>>
>>343764385
>>343764392
No joke.
>Overtime is bullshit! Favours attackers!
Yeah, it is bullshit. It should be capped to an extra couple seconds or removed, but the maps do favour defenders.

Payload is a LITTLE better but capture the point maps are ridculously in favour of defenders. Basically if they cap both points your team is just shit. If you lose the last point you fucked up. There's NO way an attacking team of equal skill to the defending team should be able to cap the last point.

The defending spawns are too close to the last point, the Mercy ult too quick to charge up and fire (even after dying and running back). You just should never lose. Not to mention sudden death always massively favouring defending
>>
I can't get over level 55 in ranked, playing solo/randoms.
Every time I get close, I get paired with the absolute shittiest team possible.
Last match three people on my team went Junkrat, playing attack on Numbani.
They kept dying fucking constantly, and refused to change classes.
I now have to play classes I rarely play, especially Mei, just to try and slow the enemy teams progression enough that my constantly dying team can make an attempt to contest the point.
>>
>>343763561
How many drops did it take to get suspended?
>>
why does overwatch use a casual gamemode such as payload for "competitive" ? it would be so much better to have symmetrical 5CP or KOTH maps only, and keep payload for casual games only
>>
>>343758837
You lose less MMR if you're valuable to your team Anon.
>>
>>343764848
most mof my games usually go with one team capping it first, getting to 30ish, getting pushed off, then recapping when the enemy is around 40, and then the contesting starts until 99 and overtime.

After that it's either the 99 wins, or the otherside caps it and it goes to 99/99 overtime.

I really like KotH, the matches are fun and intense.
>>
>>343764867
>your team make up has nothing to do with the map itself being imbalanced.
I love how you completely missed my point. You're fuckign reatrded bro.

I explained the meta to do BECAUSE its the meta. BECAUSE its broken on EVERY KOTH map. The maps are broken because the whole fuckign gamemode is broken but also the hills are too close to the spawns for how long overtime lasts.

God you're so fuckign dumb it hurts. Just stop trying to argue with people dude.
>>
>>343764867
>And both sides at the start have the same map layout and chance to cap the point.
It changes nothing to the problem.
>>
>>343756592
The issue isn't the coin toss itself, its the time limit and a select certain maps (Gibraltar/Hanamura). The timer only really allows like two legit push attempts and those two maps are really biased toward one side on the first point.
>>
>>343765159
The meta is what is broken, the maps are perfectly balanced as they do not give either side an advantage in any way, they are completely mirrored.

>fuckign
>>
>>343765398
>The meta is what is broken
You're so stupid it cause me physical pain. the world would be better if you took your own life. That's how stupid you are. Not even joking, not saying that out of anger. People as dumb as you are a problem.

Seriously, you might be the stupidest person I've ever talked to on /v/ and that REALLY says something.
>>
>Sudden death
>Capture the point
>Both teams have 2 mins on the timer
Would you rather be attacker or defender?

Obviously defender. The attackers HAVE to build up all their ults to get through. They have to all individually identify where the turrets and bastions are located.

What do the defenders have to do in that time? Nothing.

If you by a 50/50 chance get attacker in this scenario, you've lost.
>>
>>343764352
>>343759592

I play Mercy and I'm rank 62 atm with most healing, is most healing worse for ranking than most damage normally?
>>
File: 1440372422172.png (10 KB, 489x423) Image search: [Google]
1440372422172.png
10 KB, 489x423
>>343764934
blizzard gave up on it when it didn't become the new league of legends
>>
>>343756592
>the community has been REALLY toxic
so?
>>
>>343765553
LOL holy fcuk this guys mad
>>
>>343765553
This is the most hilarious post I've read all day. I can't not picture you seething with rage and punching your monitor like a retard
>>
>>343765753
>>343764870

if you have a teammate who is shittalking the entire time it gets in the way of actual teamwork.
>>
It's funny because I called that when the game got out.
It's a fun casual shooter with friends, but when you go in "seriously" it's really fucking shitty.
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 594x334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 594x334
GG
>>
>>343766018
A lot of people have a problem with it but I believe this is due to the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Leavers are an issue, but if you actually excel you rank up just as quickly as you rank down if you suck ass. It's a lot harder to blame your team in this game, though, since it's actually on you to repick or play accordingly.
>>
The idea that skill rating going up and down is based off wins and losses is the most retarded thing.

You can be complete and utter shit but gain xp if your team carries you to a win. If you are really good but your team is retarded so you lose then you lose xp. It doesn't make sense that the bad player gains, no matter how much, while the good player loses xp.

Skill rating should simply be based on skill.
>>
>>343766761
Agreed. Hopefully blizz realises this sooner rather than later.
>>
If i'm going to lose i'm just going to healslut. Any mercy tips? I'm just going to go support.
>>
File: 1466218828046.jpg (78 KB, 444x460) Image search: [Google]
1466218828046.jpg
78 KB, 444x460
>tfw cant get past 59 in solo
>>
>>343766664
No the mechanics are bad.
The ranked, the overtime force a shitty meta, the dupes allowed, the point system in ranked.

I'm not talking about a "B-BUT MY TEAM IS BAD"-level of bad, I'm talking about fundamentaly flawed ranked.

>>343766761
This is your first online competitive game, isn't it?
>>
>>343758382
Nigga, nothing is gonna happen to shit talkers unless they go above and beyond . As in whisper them , jump to other games and harass them etc.
I've trashed talked tons and had trash talked at me. It's a part of the game .
When someone tells me to kill myself and I tell them to drown in a pool of their own piss.
>>
>>343767009
>This is your first online competitive game, isn't it?
This must be your first as online competitive games typically haven't had skill rating systems.
>>
>>343766954
does he pull the trigger? what did poor billy do?
>>
>>343766761
>>343766882
If the hidden matchmaking system uses a similar rating system to match then it is no wonder people get the feeling of forced 50%
>>
>>343767563
>does he pull the trigger?
Yes.
>>
>>343767345
CSGO, Starcraft 2, and Dota all had a ranked skill rating.

Also rating the individual skill of someone in a team game is bound to fuck a lot of thing up: Everybody will pick only the chars with the most of impact (Already happening since now healer get less than 'fraggers'), and it's very difficult to measure the individual skill with stats.
There's a reason why all competitive game with a rating went for the system where everybody win/lose the same number of points.
>>
>ranked 42 in placement matches
>played 23 games in total with friends, ranked 49 right now
>just don't feel much like playing ranked at all
>watch some streamers on twitch who play ranked solo
>it's like quickmatch with numbers most of the time, can't see a lot of difference
>>
File: 1464004683516.jpg (180 KB, 532x783) Image search: [Google]
1464004683516.jpg
180 KB, 532x783
>>343767563
>what did poor billy do?

He wanted the express trip.
>>
>>343763812
How about a pause function like Dota so people can reconnect if they're lagging and so on? And why not a penalty system where constant leavers get banished to the shadow realm for a few games, like in dota?

Seriously, why can't the just fucking copy what has already been done?
>>
>>343765626
Do what they should have done, and did but changed in the first place, which was made KOTK the sudden death

Sure by 99% vs 99% overtime its just 2 Winstons/Tracers/Lucios vs the exact same combination but its better than a coinflip
>>
>>343764952
Silly anon they aren't classes. Theu are heroes
>>
>>343756592
They should make Sudden Death like actual Sudden Death where you only have one life left for KotH modes. Would be interesting.
>>
Hey /v/, /ck/ here.

What is up with this fucking game? All my SJW normie friends play it. It's the one thing that unites all the most pleb people I know. I've been asked to play it like 5 times now. I watched some gameplay online and it just looks like TF2.

What gives?
>>
>>343768952
>What gives?
It's garbage. There's nothing to give about it.
>>
I got placed like 48 or so after placements? I played mostly lucio/mercy and some tanks which I understand can drop your rank to below where you belong. Felt completely drained and no will to play comp because I kept getting bastion on offense or on KOTH when the team couldn't babysi thim. Or genji/hanzo mains that sucked ass.

Stopped playing comp for 2 days, started again today and the very first game I get into we DESTROY the enemy team. It was just 6 randoms, no one teamed. So, we ended up instantly friending and forming a group and then stomped every enemy team we found for the next 7 full matches (half of them weren't even a contest)

Seriously, find 2-5 friends. 6 average people willing to swap heroes and communicate beats 6 good players who won't swap or communicate.
>>
>>343767820
So for modern shit then also SC2 is tuned for 1v1 which all you really need is win vs loss. They also have solo pools and group pools.

For a game that doesn't have separate solo pool and group pool you need to take individual skill into account otherwise the system is bound to fuck a lot of things up in rating people.
>>
>>343768952
It's TF3.
>>
>>343768952
Do people shitposters on /ck/ make as many food analogies as shitposters on /v/?

And yeah, what >>343770252 said, it's TF3 but take away the server browser and custom maps/modes.
>>
>>343768952
Shallow game designed to pander to the lowest common denominator. Overwatch makes TF2 look hardcore.
>>
>>343763838
>Hes never seen a good Lucio
https://youtu.be/UWOovefpyq4
>>
>finish placement matches
>50

well fuck me
>>
>>343764976
i believe 2 or 3 in quick succesion.
>>
>>343772130
Ain't that bad m8.
>>
>placement matches
>get potg as Mercy

R A N K E D
A
N
K
E
D
>>
File: itslit.jpg (24 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
itslit.jpg
24 KB, 270x270
>>343762769

>tfw you completely negate pharah ult with defense matrix
>>

Is that really a thing? Making the shittiest role even get rewarded least?
>>
>>343759592
From what I've heard from my brother, supports are ranked on amount of healing done.

Not percentage of damage healed, total amount.

So if a match ends in a bulldoze to victory, you get less MMR than a match that drags on forever.
>>
>>343770745
>>343770441
>>343770252
>>343769220
That explains it. So it's essentially the League of Legends of FPSes. Got it.

Essentially the type of people I know to say "Skyrim was my favorite RPG" and who never played an FPS in their lives up until this point are the people I know who constantly talk about and play Overwatch.

So fucking obnoxious.
>>
>>343774515
what's your aim with all this?
>look at me im superior when i dislike this game xD
>>
>>343774515
You didn't answer my question
>>
>>343774515
you're such an unbelievable faggot dude it's insane
>>
File: 1467496578379.jpg (110 KB, 1584x891) Image search: [Google]
1467496578379.jpg
110 KB, 1584x891
>all these sub 60s

Git gud fags.
>>
File: 1456710511460.jpg (20 KB, 440x442) Image search: [Google]
1456710511460.jpg
20 KB, 440x442
>Plays Overcuck
>surprised when he gets cucked
>>
>>343774673

"People who like a thing I dislike are just lesser humans, pretty simple"
>>
>>343756592
>knew this game was shit from moment 1
>turns out to be shit

who else /alwaysrightabouteverything/?
>>
>>343774973
Wait a fucking second, something doesn't add up...
>>
>Start winning a game
>someone on the enemy team rage quits
>recieve fuck all MMR for victory

>Enemy team wins first round
>someone on my team leaves cementing our loss with no chance of comeback
>Lose an entire rank level

Maybe I'm just unlucky but the majority of my ranked matches post-calibration have been like this.

Think I'll just stick to quick play, ranked isn't worth it unless you play with a full team.
>>
>Someone on my team leaves
>I lose a whole rank

How the fuck is this fair?
>>
>>343774973
On my way senpai. 59 now, started at 53.
>>
File: 1467608216930.jpg (232 KB, 500x680) Image search: [Google]
1467608216930.jpg
232 KB, 500x680
I fucking hate ranked, it needs to be fixed.
> git gud lol
Has nothing to do with it. If any of your team quits, it's a loss. If you win against a ya you fucking force into submission and they quit, it's a loss. I've taken at least two gold in EVERY match I've lost, I always lose a full level/rank. I quit one time prematch (meaning we weren't even loaded into the map), rejoined before the map started, and STILL lost a rank. Rank is broken, bottom line.

> But the meta, the meta!
Oh shut the fuck up. Most people playing overwatch are no more competent than people were when TF2 started. I know neckbeards want to pretend tf2 is some hardcore competitive game that normies never touched, but it was popular, had a fuckton of issues starting out, and still has a terrible competitive mode that's also easy to quit on and sabotage a team after ten fucking years.

Overwatch can fix itself given its been less than all of two fucking months.
>>
>sudden death on defence
>other team only has to take first point
Absolutely rediculous, the first point is easier to take on every map giving the attackers a huge advantage. Whoever set that up is an idiot
>>
Why are you guys keep playing the first season when blizzard fucked up so much about it?
It's literal bullshit how much the risk/reward is skewed.
>>
>>343756592

Good. This is necessary. Shit connection fags suck a dick as well as intentional dcers in previous games. Only good thing blizzard has done.
>>
This is the first time I've been around a game like this from the start in season 1. This is just awful, too much shit to fix.
>>
>>343774973
I'm 63 but it's just encouraging me not to play because I don't want to lose it
>>
File: 1396593878358.gif (938 KB, 500x339) Image search: [Google]
1396593878358.gif
938 KB, 500x339
>>343773208
>Rez 3 people and shit on a pharah and a genji who just ulted with my pistol
>potg is said genji killing one person, ulting, and then immediately eating shit to Mercy pistol
Laughed my ass off.
>>
>>343776129
Because why the fuck not? Quick play is for sub 25 tards atm
>>
>>343777278
your right. only do quickplay with friends, but other that i usually do ranked matches. i'm so damn tired of quick play retards who main a sniper on ever map and game mode. so tired of carrying a team with zarya because the rest of my team is winston, genji and 2 supports that don't know what the fuck they're doing.
>>
File: 1463920980554.jpg (143 KB, 646x1024) Image search: [Google]
1463920980554.jpg
143 KB, 646x1024
It's amazing that a developer with so much experience in the competitive scene manages to make the worst competitive mode ever in a video game.
>>
What will the next Overwatch hero be? Do you think they will go the LoL route and make the older characters seasonal or DLC when the new ones come out?
>>
File: 1422837355587.jpg (28 KB, 354x313) Image search: [Google]
1422837355587.jpg
28 KB, 354x313
>>343774973
I keep occillating between 50 and 53 atm
>Mfw just had a hanzo who didn't do shit but emote, spam arrow going fucking nowhere, and threw a shitfit "lol I play for fun you tryhards" after he was asked to switch

I see that shit just too much.
No matter how hard I try if I get retards on my team it's fucked.
>>
>tfw 42% w/l

It seems impossible to make enough of a difference alone I play all roles as needed and I can do them decently. But it seems if the opponent team can aim better no amount of teamwork can beat individual skill.

This is the most frustrating ranked mode ever in a team game I played and I thought playing with literal children and laggy japs were bad in splatoon.
>>
>>343778607
Sombra
>>
File: 1464441597574.png (247 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
1464441597574.png
247 KB, 700x600
>Blizzard games
>Competitive
SC2, Hearthstone, HotS, WoW PVP, none of these games are worthy of being competitive. Blizzard can barely make a decent fucking game, what leads people to believe they can make a good competitive game?

Valve is the only company who can make competitive games, let alone good games. Blizzard needs to be taken back out and shot.
>>
>>343778970
Nice opinion bro.
>>
>>343762769
>500 Hp
>Most of it is armor
>doesn't matter because she takes 2x damage.
>>
>>343779239
It's a fact retard. Look at Valve's massive comp scene and compare it to Blizzards pathetic comp scene for all of their games. They have to pay people to show up.
>>
>>343775873
Just won, 60 now.
>>
File: tor.png (560 KB, 450x693) Image search: [Google]
tor.png
560 KB, 450x693
>>343778970
>posting comics from this retard as though they know anything about videogames
>>
File: 1524.png (153 KB, 700x300) Image search: [Google]
1524.png
153 KB, 700x300
>>343779564
This guy is a fucking bipolar asshole.
>>
File: 1234123412346.png (91 KB, 202x236) Image search: [Google]
1234123412346.png
91 KB, 202x236
>Playing defence as reinhardt
>1 torb
>1 junkrat
>1 mei
>1 phara
>All we need is a healer
>Last guy picks hanzo

"but muh sniper role"
Why do blizzard even bother highlighting the lack of snipers
rarely is anyone a good enough sniper to even contribute to the team especially more than other roles like support
>>
>>343774973
>placing 63 off of placements
>as bastion

I do believe there might be some shooping involved.
>>
>>343780102
NA server.
Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.