[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really hate how dark souls always favors katana edgelords especially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: yes.jpg (113 KB, 664x648) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
113 KB, 664x648
I really hate how dark souls always favors katana edgelords especially in 3
>>
Apart from the heavily punishable running spam, Katanas are probably at their worst in the entire series.
>>
>katanas
>favored in ds3

They're decent but far from favored, anon.
>>
>>343755857
>running attacks
>bleed auxiliary
>blatant move set that punishes players
>spotty netcode reinforces punishment or rolling
>no poise to counter the high stagger
>twin katanas
>bleed build katanas
>bleed applies even in iframes

what more do i need to add?
>>
>>343756350
Are you kidding? Bleed is shit if you have moss and katanas only have one good move - runing R1. How it possible to be buttmad about katanas when CCS exist and dominate everything in game?
>>
>>343755857
so many autists trying to defend this game, i seriously don't understand how people find this shit acceptable, its like fromsoft has become aware that people are content and they will become more and more lazy.
>>
I like how Bloodborne had a stat/build even edgier than Dex and Katana's. S scaling from a melee weapon and ranged from the same stat was a mistake.
>>
>>343756563
Really hard to when the person you are fighting against is hyper aggressive and when they land one hit on you they just chain combo you before you can even get out and they already have the endless bleed stacked on me.
>>
>>343756584
You had 4 games with overpowered katanas. Get over it, you big baby.
>>
>>343756798
Ah yes here we have the typical katana user, trying to tell us that katanas are totally not broken in dark souls 3, as he proceeds to stack carthus rouge and use his twin katans.
>>
>>343756616
I remember doing the transform attack with the chikage and hitting people for like 800 damage. It hit for like 1200 with a transformed R2 that was insane.

But I didn't really think it was a mistake, dodging bullets was fairly easy in BB and they eventually run out.
>>
>>343756976
The running R1 is still broken, but the rest of the moves are fair for once.
>>
>>343756978
Chikage is mid tier in BB it's okay
>>
>>343757119
Not with the current poise system, they stagger really hard and hardly leave any room to retaliate
>>
File: mfw.jpg (81 KB, 600x848) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
81 KB, 600x848
>try invading
>there's two guys
>blue sentinel John has joined
>blade of the darkmoon Bob has joined
>>
on the topic of DaS I completed it today but I missed some areas (like ash lake, painted world and most of the dlc).
should I go there on NG+ and try it or just start a new character? doesn't really bother me either way but if it's a lot more difficult then I'd probably rather play the original than the harder NG version (to see how it compares if nothing else)
>>
>>343757196
They stagger for two hits, just like everything else. Startup frames aren't obscenely quick and you can't just roll cancel your whiffs within 0.3s anymore.
>>
>>343757297
Not when people spam harder and it reset the two stun bullshit, not to mention you keep forgetting that because of the existence of v-frames i get punished for rolling away and to top it off with the shit netcode
>>
>>343757297
WP stagger for one hit.
>>
>>343757420
stop lying to yourself you autist
>>
Twin katanas only work against braidead players, they have no range and are slower than Gotthard.
>>
>>343757458
It's true. WP doesn't have 100% 2 hit stagger
>>
>>343757512
>they have no range

do you have some form of concentrated autism?
>>
>>343756978
Yeah for sure, it hits really hard but I found playing through the whole game with it to be bit of a slog. Very limited moveset, a little boring. The bloodletter is better in every way imo.
>>
>>343757634
>>343757131
>>343756978

Don't you guys have a thread for yourselves?
>>
>>343757131
Yeah, it's not overpowered (maybe if you go full Korea and get three 31.5% gems), but the problem is on BLT builds you get all the damage you could ever want with 50 points in one stat. If STR/SKL builds want ranged damage they have to invest extra points, and pure Arc builds need at least 70 Arcane for good spell damage. This lets BLT builds have as much VIT and END as they want, and pump Skill for extra visceral damage.

Plus, a Katana fueled by your own blood that constantly self harms you is one of edgiest things I've ever seen.
>>
>>343757593
>The katana is shorter than uchigatana
>The dagger is so short it only ever hits on the second L1
>>
>>343757901
Seriously, why do you try so hard to defend something that is clearly broken? i get it you dont want your precious meme swords to be nerfed.
>>
>>343758024
Maybe you should just git gud. The only good attack of katanas is the running R1
>>
Yea katanas are overpowered, but they can get countered by some weapons like spears
>>
>>343758178
>git gud

here we go, the blind mans signature trademark. Congrats you really do have autism

please redirect yourself here www.autism.org
>>
>buy dark souls 2 sotfs on ps3 a few weeks ago because it has the old enemy layouts
>somehow get invaded
>a twinked katana user
what the fuck are you doing here
>>
>>343758305
>hahaha ur autistic!
>>>/out/
>>
DeS had the best PvP weapon balance by a mile.
>>
>>343758389
>Throwing my money in a fire is fun!
>Oh you don't want to do the same and you see and issue with doing what everyone else does?
>you must have autism surely!
>>
I really hate Dark Souls
>>
>>343758024
>he can't beat 2kat
Their WA is anti UGS bait
>>
>>343758519
i hate the direction its going in
>>
>>343758483
Literally git gud, shitter. Katanas are slow, have mediocre damage and a shit moveset, the only saving graces are the running R1 and L2R1. You're better off using a straight sword most of the time
>>
>>343758612
>You're better off using a straight sword most of the time
That applies to every class though.
>>
>>343758653
Except halberds and estoc
>>
>>343758612
And there goes the finishing blow, relying on r1 spam to counter r1 spam, people like you are the reason fromsoft doesnt care about the soul series anymore, you people hardly refuse to criticize the game and instead you fucks hail it as some sort of master piece so they dont ever fix anything instead they made things worse since dark souls 1, after that it went down hill into meta land
>>
>>343758935
>r1 spam
>katana
>uwwaaah uwaaah Fromsoft
Every weapon with HA counter running R1, autismo. Mid shield can setup parry run R1 R1
>>
>>343758935
>butthurt about katanas
>people tell you that you're wrong and present reasons why
>You're wronh and souls shit because of you!
git gud
>>
"Why can't everyone just play with a ladle",- OP
>>
File: tumblr_logwfn1fJp1qahheuo8_250.gif (500 KB, 245x135) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_logwfn1fJp1qahheuo8_250.gif
500 KB, 245x135
>It's a "x is OP" thread
>>
>>343757276
Ng+ haven't played the DLC but ash lake and painting aren't really difficult.
>>
>>343755586
Thought i'd be a katana edgelord when I played DS, turns out 2-handed claymores and shit are way more satisfying to play with.
>>
katanas are lord of edge, not very good for stabbing though
>>
Katana were only truly OP in DS2 due to its broken hitboxes and shit online.

Can't count the times i encounted naked katana edgelords backstabbing me from the front or hitting me from 2 miles away with their swashpole.
>>
>>343755586
Just parry them
>>
>>343756584
This. I fuckin hate how fromsoft shitted on evryones head with this game. The pvp is broken so much that even trying to play a non-meta weapon is rage inducing.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.