[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since Aksys is fucking over vita owners by porting Tokyo Xanadu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: TokyoXanadu_01.png (1 MB, 942x959) Image search: [Google]
TokyoXanadu_01.png
1 MB, 942x959
Since Aksys is fucking over vita owners by porting Tokyo Xanadu to PC I'll just pirate it on pc now instead of buying it on vita.

Shouldn't doublecross their fans like that.
>>
>look it up
>it is being localized by Aksys

I have zero interest in the game, but I'm surprised Aksys is handling it and not XSEED.

Punch Line localization fucking when.
>>
Yeah, that'll show them.
>>
Its not a good game though. It's just recycled cold steel assets with shitty real time combat in a modern setting.
>>
>>343752768
More people getting to play the game is a good thing. They should have ported superior PS4 version instead of Vita
>>
>>343754027
Stupid argument
Letting the lowest common denominator in is not a good thing.
>>
File: bionic_bait_logo.jpg (29 KB, 449x444) Image search: [Google]
bionic_bait_logo.jpg
29 KB, 449x444
>>343752768
weak
>>
was planning on getting this on vita a year ago thank god that didn't happen. man this was the only vita exclusive for the longest time

why the fuck are they porting everything to pc are they trying to kill the system with what little support it has now
>>
>>343754101
Oh no, my single player experience was totally ruined because someone else got to play the game!
>>
>>343754202
Oh my our game sold like shit because we're trying to appeal to jew entitled pirates!
>>
>>343752768
I'm also pirating on PC, not because I'm a shitty vitagen retards but because vita always gets the shit end of the stick and PC ports are always terrible
>>
>>343754315
Even discounting piracy this game will probably sell more copies on PC than the total number of Vita owners in the West
>>
>>343754539
Mustard delusion
>>
File: 1464393136726.jpg (171 KB, 720x569) Image search: [Google]
1464393136726.jpg
171 KB, 720x569
>>343752768
>porting a game from a dead console so that more people can play it is a bad thing
>>
XAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAADDDDDDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>343754867
Nice meme
>>
>>343754867
theres going to be an enhanced version so prepare to buy the game twice
>>
>>343752768
You're getting World End Economica you idiot.
>>
File: 1396844031303.jpg (146 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1396844031303.jpg
146 KB, 633x758
>>343752768

Why are you people so butthurt? Seriously, it's like a PC gamer sliced your dog's throat open or something, you get that upset when a game comes to PC.

The game being on different platforms does not remove your ability to play it on the "Right" platform of your choice, why the fuck do you take it as a personal insult whenever stuff like this happens?
>>
I Am Setsuna and now Tokyo Xanadu?
Fuck, what's next?
>>
Wait I thought Xseed was doing an Xanadu for PC too??
>>
>>343754659
Oh, Is that why Arcsys brought it over on PC over Vita? Because they're delusional and don't have any idea about the market?
>>
>>343752768
With how much progress we have on vita emulation and how it might not even happen at all, i gladly welcome those ports.

I will not buy it because if anything, i might aswell get a cheap ps4 down the road and get the ex version with more content.
>>
>>343755802
Never mind, I misread and was retarded. I thought it was skippingVita in the West.

Why do people get assblasted about having the game on PC too? Ys and TitS are on Steam, you mad about that too?
>>
>>343754315
You mean the butt hurt vita owners in this thread who are gonna pirate it on pc?
>>
>>343756172
To be fair, weebgames have stopped selling like hotcakes on PC since the market is becoming saturated, however porting it over and gaining 10-20k sales at $20-40 is probably a great amount of money and nothing to scoff at when for Vita they have to pay for classification ratings, publishing and the cost of the carts and cases. Even if Vita sells more, getting more money is never a bad thing, in a business sense.
>>
>>343755641
Pc owners are entitled niggers that don't deserve to be catered to. They willingly locked themselves away from games they want by purchasing their own hardware.
>>
>>343756769
So what you're saying is you're a cuckold
>>
>>343753648
I'm pissed it's Aksys because I want the game but don'the want to give them money after the ZTD Amazon preorder debacle (still haven't gotten mine)
>>
File: Consider the following.jpg (43 KB, 172x166) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.jpg
43 KB, 172x166
>>343756769

Quite the opposite, I play on PC because consoles cannot play the games I want to play like Arma and stuff from older generations of video games with a controller of my choice. I recently got back into Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire and I enjoy it just as much as I remembered enjoying it on N64 but even better it runs at 60fps on PC and has FMV cutscenes unlike the N64 version I grew up with, which ran at like 14 frames a second.

The reason for wanting new games to hit the platform is so that they too can be played in 10 years when PS5 is out and doesn't have proper backwards compatibility and mods can keep the graphics up to date if people desire to do so.

There's nothing wrong with playing on consoles if that suits you, just don't get mad when PC gamers get something too.
>>
I'll wait for Tokyo Xanadu Ex+.
>>
>>343758376
I'm on the fence about them honestly. Their Muramasa Rebirth translation was great, but the stories I hear about ZTD release don't fill me with confidence
>>
Is this even any good?
>>
Vita owners get the physical copy.

If anything, PC users are the ones getting screwed.
>>
>>343758848
>but the stories I hear about ZTD release don't fill me with confidence

Was the translation bad or something? Because Aksys doesn't make the games, they just translate and localize them. Spike Chunsoft is the company that makes the 999/vlr/ZDT games.
>>
>>343759046
The issue is that people still haven't received their ZTD preorder copies due to some problems with the manufacturing of the bundled watches
>>
>>343758789
holy shit didnt know this game was on pc
>>
>>343758848
>Muramasa Rebirth translation
It was such a treat compared to Wii version

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/05/muramasa-rebirths-new-translation-compared-to-ignitions-wii-version/
>>
>>343758789
>Arma
>>
>>343759046
Apparently there was a shipment problem with the Watch Edition due to the watches being damaged while in storage.
>>
I'm hesitant to buy it just because there's some enhanced edition that'll come out in japan just around the time we get the standard version.
>>
>>343752768
>announce extended version
>announce localisation of inferior version

Why does this keep happening?
>>
>>343759149
That and the complete clusterfuck of how they've handled it - first telling us "don't worry, you'll get your games" to "Amazon has them, not sure why they're not sending them" to "whoops, turns out Amazon doesn't have the copies after all!"

Plus there's the whole PSTV issue where the game says it's compatible on the box but doesn't work until they patch it.

It's just been awful and I have no confidence in their ability to deliver a product on time after this mess. Trying to avoid spoilers all this time has been especially annoying.
>>
>Not just waiting a year for EX+
Now I'm wondering if we will see it or not...
>>
>>343752768
Don't worry buddy, got you covered, I'll buy 2 copies.
>>
I'm glad Xanadu is getting localized so I can talk to more people about it here.
Was my GOTY and I'm hyped for EX+ in September.

>>343753648
Probably never.
>>
>>343762645
Shut the fuck up Onsokumaru.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.