[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is Don't Starve Shipwrecked? I put like 100 hours into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 9
File: DSSW_early_access.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DSSW_early_access.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
How is Don't Starve Shipwrecked? I put like 100 hours into Reign of Giants over a year ago. How does this compare? Why is Willow best girl?
>>
>>343740279
On release as someone who preordered SW and has 600 DS and 1.2K DST hours, shit buggy mess.

Right now? It's very different from RoG in many good ways, and well worth the purchase. The four new SW characters are all pretty unique and interesting and Volcano season is the most challenging thing in don't starve ever.

Wendy is legit the best character for SW, and is just the best qt in general.
>>
File: 1456235135_DST.jpg (74 KB, 697x960) Image search: [Google]
1456235135_DST.jpg
74 KB, 697x960
It's aight. Lacks content but you may enjoy it.

It's a bug fest though, be ready. But it's only 5 bucks.
>>
>>343740798
WX remains the best survivalist for sure. Under that it's prob Wolfgang / Wickerbottom like for RoG , then I can see Wendy and Maxwell putting in work.
>>
>>343741658
The game is boring as WX, he's OP as fuck
>>
>>343741658
The extra max stats isn't really game changing IMHO, overcharge is AMAZING but unless you are playing DST with a Wickerbottom/Maxwell casting 'The end is nigh' on you and stacking it Overcharge is too situational to exploit.

In SW you're gonna be wet a lot so WX is hard in that regard, poison immunity is nice though.

Abigail can do 40 AoE damage at night on sea in SW so she can cream sharks, floaty boats and even bosses like the Quacken. Destroys prime apes en masse like a champ too.
>>
>>343741048
I want Harvest Moon-like elements in DST like growing the human population through natural means and make them take care of the base.
Also mmmh Wigfrid.
>>
>>343742927
>overcharge is AMAZING but unless you are playing DST with a Wickerbottom/Maxwell casting 'The end is nigh' on you and stacking it Overcharge is too situational to exploit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM9IGF4JPVE
You just need the strats :^)

As for SW, wetness damage is so little it's completely negligible; the reason I say he's OP is because with the floaty boaty spawn rate he can practically live off of gears (which also restore 50 of each stats). You'll never ever be in trouble.

Well now coffee is a thing, overcharge isn't such a huge deal anyway.
>>
File: wendy_by_automb-d80mwe1.png (328 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
wendy_by_automb-d80mwe1.png
328 KB, 500x625
>>343744436
Pretty good DS WX Overcharge Strat.
The second to last DST update nerfed overcharge stacking a lot so it greatly decreases overcharge time with each stack.

I agree with the SW and gears, but boat HP is now a thing, and no amount of upgrades will do anything about that. Yeah you can run Coffee, cane, sleek hat, Overcharge and magniluminesce but I'd still prefer a lack of Overcharge and a 10/20/40 AoE damage 600 HP 1HP/S regen Abigail.

WX is high tier, that's for sure. Funny how OP RoG/DST wiggy is meh tier in SW due to lack of renewable gold available.
>>
File: pmJzRWx.png (679 KB, 1000x778) Image search: [Google]
pmJzRWx.png
679 KB, 1000x778
>>343745509
Yeah I know overcharge was touched in DS too, the patch notes were vague and I don't think anyone's motivated to figure out what changed; so I don't really know how it works anymore.

You're right about boat HP, which helps the likes of Maxwell. But SW also fails in the fact that there is little to no reason to go out at sea. Bosses can be fought on land, whales are a scam; volcano is really the only reason to use the boat honestly.

To each their own, Anon. You have your Wendy, I'll always stick by the balloon boy. :^)
>>
>>343746183
Very true on all points, if SW had a meta It'd be rushing volcano ASAP for coffee plants, trawlnet all of the days for dat Quacken cane then cheese the rest of the game.

Props to pro's who play Wes though, he's naturally OP as all hell but being silent and not being able to read signs bothers me far more than it should.
>>
I like Wickerbottom's mechanics since I rarely sleep anyway, but I hate the sound of her voice and her dialogue is shit
>>
>>343747236
same desu
she's also ugly
>>
>Shipwrecked as WX
>>
>tfw no comfy /v/ dst server
>>
>>343748686
A /v/ DST server wouldn't be comfy.
it would be Willow tier "Char all the fucking earth" mode with constant chat shitposting and 50 spider eggs/tentacles at portal.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.