[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is honestly the best game i've played all year easily
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
this is honestly the best game i've played all year
easily in my top ten of all time
would /v/ like to talk about Transistor?
>>
>>343729597
we all pre-ordered it and talked about it when it was out
you're late to the party
>>
>>343729597
it was alright
>>
I think it's an 8/10 game easily. Held back only by some questionable decisions in the gameplay, and the awkward implementation of the story. It lacked the charm of Bastion.
>>
>>343729597

the cuck in the sword was annoying as shit
>>
7.5/10, solid game and had potential to be even better. also really short.

great soundtrack, tho.
>>
Zero redeeming qualities outside of the ost
>>
I liked it a lot. I liked Bastion a little bit more. I'm questioning how much I'm gonna like the next one, but I have high hopes.
>>
I really liked that game, but I've heard Bastion was better. I really have to get to playing that game.
>>
>>343731563
bastion is better. and I've never even played transistor. I just know.
>>
It was good, all the discussion for it has already happened.

Had some things I didn't like, but those small things didn't stop me from playing through it 2 times

Bastion is also excellent, probably better. The voice acting from Logan is better due to him playing the role of a story teller rather than somebody in the middle of something
>>
I can't play this, bastion, or any indie for a long time even if I acknowledge it's good quality.
>>
>>343731563
Bastion's gameplay flow is a bit smoother, but also a bit more generic. I feel like the worldbuilding was a more elegant as well. Apart from that it's all subjective, but I preferred the bright colours in the art design and the sound of OST over that of Transistor, personally. Transistor's more unique in a bunch of ways and does more interesting things.
>>
File: 2013-01-05_00001.jpg (488 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2013-01-05_00001.jpg
488 KB, 1920x1080
>Cyberpunk Bastion
>qt protag
>start playing game
>this weird fucking thing happens where the game world freezes and you move around your character like a chess piece or turn-based strategy or something, I don't exactly recall
Honestly stopped playing there. Don't know what put me off and I still intended to go back to it but it seemed like such an unnecessary mechanic.
>>
File: 1458771743139.jpg (555 KB, 743x1024) Image search: [Google]
1458771743139.jpg
555 KB, 743x1024
>>343729597
I like the soundtrack more than the game itself.
Still pretty good for a Indie.
>>
File: 1430137398741.jpg (44 KB, 345x341) Image search: [Google]
1430137398741.jpg
44 KB, 345x341
>>343729597

I liked it far better than bastion.

>Skill combination system is engaging.
>Combat scenarios have quick and satisfying game loop
>Gameplay feels creative
>Stylish. So so stylish.

Got a good two playthroughs out of it.
By the end I could do most fights in real time.
What ended up killing it for me was finding the optimal build.
Then it was all rinse repeat

Also made me a little sad how contained the world was
Might have benefitted from an open treatment of the world.
I felt the same way about HLD though.
Maybe I just hate having games end, when the combat and environments are so enthralling.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.