[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which part of F.E.A.R. is the scariest in your opinion? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: fear.jpg (267 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fear.jpg
267 KB, 1920x1080
Which part of F.E.A.R. is the scariest in your opinion?

I'm up to Interval 4 and so far the creepiest was the bit where Alma ran towards me in the air vent.
>>
>>343721437
Probably Extraction Point. Couple of the scares in there are pretty genuine.
Don't go looking for the spoopy in FEAR, go in and in and in like the US Marshall and his 3 daughters.
>>
>>343721437
>Phone rings in cubicle next to you
>look to your left
>Alma appears only 2 meters away and rapidly crawls right to you

I wasted so much ammo.
>>
stompy mech guy part
>>
>>343722257
Worst one of those is when it happens and you only look in her direction for the last fraction of a second before she disappears.
It's a jumpscare, jim, but not as we know it. Just a dark blip in the shape of a spidergirl flashing onscreen for a frame.
>>
The first time I encountered those teleporting ninja guys.

I dunno you're a guy that can slow down time and knows kung fu there isn't much to be afraid of.

I real challenge is a playthrough where you don't touch the reflex mode key.
>>
I recently bought this game but can't run it because i have a logitech mouse and keyboard but when I played it back in the day it was great, it wasn't FEAR specifically but it was one of the spin offs and the one part that jump scared me was when I walked into this alley just exploring and turned around to a spooky jump scare.

good shit that game is so much fun
>>
This shit right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo7HA7Y89XI

I'll admit that I'm a huge fucking vagina when it comes to horror games, but this is the only part of any game to make me literally fall out of my chair.
>>
>>343721437
the part where i wiped my feces on my face to resemble how the game has aged

na jk game was good. there are better now.

scariest part was where i pirated it. not for me, for the devs.
>>
FEAR 2 starts off so fucking slow. I'm still in the damn hospital its pretty annoying.
>>
>>343723396
lol I skipped that bit by literally jumping down the ladder so I didn't see Alma
>>
>>343722951
They don't teleport, they only cloak.
No-Slo Extreme is doable, just remember you slide tackle to one-hit the assassins, they can't hit you if they're ragdolling to the ceiling.
>>
>>343723675
Is it any good? I'm thinking of getting it in the steam sale
>>
>>343723675
the school level is legit in the top 5 segments of any horror game ever made
>>
The early scenes with the forced perspective Fettel jumpscares. I never really thought of FEAR as a horror game.
>>
File: 1423366754977.jpg (78 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
1423366754977.jpg
78 KB, 800x640
FUCK
>>
>>343725015
It is good, just not as good as the first game. Worth the few bucks it costs atm
>>
None of it. A game where you are a fully armed super soldier can not be scary.
>>
>>343721437
I want this game but
>16 gigs
No thanks
>>
>>343721437
There's an episode in Perseus mandate when you see a ghost, but if you follow it, it doesn't disappear as usual. Unexpected things are the most scary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYIcPRZ4JhQ#t=50
>>
The creepiest part is yet to come

the fucking ghost things near the end that attack you
>>
>>343726405
I'm already pretty creeped out in the offices in Interval 4. I just saw some random fat guy run past
>>
>>343725276
Wade Elementary gave me a confused terror boner.
>>
>>343721437
>Looking around for stuff.
>Screen does the twitchy red thing to show spooky stuff is happening.
>You're not looking at it and miss it completely.
Every time I swear.
>>
fear wasn't scary.
>>
>>343725776
I got it when it came out, don't really regret it.

Incidentally I remember thinking the p90 clone's reload animation was cool.
>>
>>343727552
the whole 'unknown origin' transmission gives you a heads up that shits about to go down.
>>
>>343728797
That's the twitchy red thing I was talking about. Whenever it goes off spooky stuff is about, but if you're not looking in the right direction it's really easy to miss some spooks.
>>
Its been years but that scene early in the first game where fettel hits you in the head with a 2by4 made a 14 year old me gasp.
>>
File: 1.jpg (407 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
407 KB, 3840x2160
2spooky
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.