[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is >Dark Dawn so hated on by /v/ while the other two that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: golden-sun-dark-dawn-cover.jpg (335 KB, 1000x895) Image search: [Google]
golden-sun-dark-dawn-cover.jpg
335 KB, 1000x895
Why is
>Dark Dawn
so hated on by /v/ while the other two that came beforehand are so beloved?

I really don't see what is all that different?

Is hatred for Dark Dawn just a meme since none came after it?

Do any anons here genuinely like it?
>>
>>343720737
I honestly think it is a meme, /v/ can often attempt but fail to be contrarian and edgy, sometimes /v/ has more in common with places like reddit and tumblr than they realize.
>>
Dark Dawn was stupid easy, zero challenge. Story was worse than the first two. Everything was just lesser.
>>
>>343720737
Well dark dawn committed some sins the previous games avoided, the biggest problems:
1. points of no return. Part of the charm of golden sun was the vast amount of secrets and cool equipment to find. points of no return are horrible for this, especially in a series that is known for transferring save data.
2. It traded beautiful sprite work for 3D animation.
3. There is a large power gap in party members, some are super weak while others are OP as fuck.
4. fewer secrets/cool items. Yeah, there were some djinn, but not enough items to satiate the completionists.
5. Lack of character development. In the previous golden suns we had an entire game dedicated to fleshing out each of the parties individually. This one crammed 8 into one game, leading to some being entirely blank slates.

It did have better map design, I'll give it that. however it lacked a lot of the charm of the previous games. the music was fantastic though.
>>
/v/ loves to go overboard when they dislike something, to the point of irrationality. They'll even invent problems to have more to complain about.
>>
>>343720737
mother fucking furfags yiff in fucking hell.
that cat girl and that fucking furry town fucked an already fucked up babys first rpg game.
>>
>>343720737
TOO MUCH FUCKING TALKING HOLY SHIT

THEY DON'T STOP TALKING

FUCK ME, I CAN'T
>>
>>343723029
Even as someone who adored the first two games, the first two games had a metric ass ton of talking and is widely regarded as a flaw of those ones.
>>
>>343720737
Too easy, no improvement over the first two games and the amount of callbacks is just obnoxious.
>>
File: 200% fucking pissed.png (215 KB, 305x331) Image search: [Google]
200% fucking pissed.png
215 KB, 305x331
>>343720737
2 of the main character were shoehorned in at around 80% of the game. While one of them was a nice little nod to the 2nd game, the other party member was nearly worthless, even though she technically had an important role that didn't seem all that needed.

points of no return.

somehow, they made battles feel longer even though they're exactly the same

Balance? What's that?

at least in Golden Sun 1 and 2, I died at some point. Never died once here.

The story was a complete mess, especially after the game COMPLETELY FORGOT about a major problem going on with the world, and brought it back during the fucking credits

Not Saturos and Not Menardi, while looking decent in design, don't have any lasting appeal as a "villain" than the"villains" in Golden Sun 1 and 2.

I know if it's not broke, don't fix it, but they could have at least made some of the GBA sounds... sound better... or any of the music for that matter. You can cherrypick the few better remixes, but as a whole, the soundtrack was lacking.

holy fucking shit, stop talking over each other. You can talk, but stop talking over each other WHILE SAYING THE SAME FUCKING THING.

And the worst fucking part?
You still never got to fight and actually defeat Alex. I'm sure a ton of people have been wanting to beat his smug ass for a long time. Miss opportunity.

There are plenty more problems, and some of them are even a problem in the first 2 Golden Sun games, but I think you get the gist of it. This game was a giant disappointment.
>>
>>343723417
They didn't have nearly as much as the third, and even then the writing was pretty okay, but the conversations in this one just don't want to fucking end. See: the whole fucking alchemy engine saga

They talk for roughly 45 real time minutes, and you can't even spam B to skip dialogue boxes.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.