[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT:10/10 games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 40
File: maxresdefault.jpg (320 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
320 KB, 1920x1080
ITT:10/10 games
>>
>pic not related

You have to start the thread anon
>>
File: MGS5.jpg (204 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MGS5.jpg
204 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>343715257
10/10? It's at the very least a 15/10
>>
>>343715257
6/10
Fun gameplay, but there's absolutely nothing memorable about it, and the weapons don't feel satisfying at all.

Also, COD-ified MP.
>>
>>343716193
>weapons don't feel satisfying at all.
How is that even possible to claim.
>>
>>343716406
>barely any recoil in any of the guns
>no kick
>no satisfying reload, in fact the normal shotgun has 0.1 second ''reload''
>>
>>343715257
if they made the pistol use ammo and not have infinite, and they had the chainsaw be a weapon I might agree with you, but as it is now I just use the pistol most of the game and their is no negative for doing so.
>>
>>343716570
All three of these points are true of Doom 1+2, which is the point, except that the gauss cannon has ridiculous kick.

>>343716792
No downside? The pistol is the absolute worst weapon in the game. Fully charged it hits as hard as a close-range shotgun shot. I wish they'd put it on the bullet ammo pool and made it WAY fucking better.
>>
File: Karbox.jpg (40 KB, 320x446) Image search: [Google]
Karbox.jpg
40 KB, 320x446
>>
Poland strikes again
>>
>>343717020
Not at all, you can feel the power and the kick of the reload in the super shotgun in Doom 2.
I didn't feel anything when shooting this guns

>except that the gauss cannon has ridiculous kick.
And even then it doesn't feel satisfying at all.

Wolfenstein TNO managed to do it, don't know why Doom didn't.
>>
>>343715257
nah, it's a poor successor to Doom 1/2.

Music is underwhelming, MP is awful, mapmaker is awful, no custom content allowed, shitty arrow to the knee memes, too many "combat arenas" shoehorned in that force you to stop and fight enemies in a box. I refunded.

Remember to sage bait threads, chums.
>>
>>343717020
>No downside? The pistol is the absolute worst weapon in the game
thats not a downside, it has infinite ammo so low damage means jack shit I can spam it and have no issues killing any demon on nightmare or lower with just that and the chain saw a few times on nightmare just so it was not tedious.

thats why the game is ass to me.

If there is a decent weapon with no real draw backs with infinite ammo you designed your game wrong. If they add an option where you actually used the chainsaw as a weapon and not just a insta kill weapon and the pistol used ammo I might get back into the game but as it stands its just to easy
>>
>>343717256
>you can feel the power and the kick of the reload in the super shotgun in Doom 2.

I've played a lot of both. The difference is the sound.
>>
>>343717702
I think it is the sound, yes.
>>
anyone who says doom 4 isn't fun hasn't played it.
and obviously it's better than doom 1 and 2, you can't even fucking aim or jump in those and they are extremely dated.
>>
File: SMT_Strange_Journey_JPN.jpg (52 KB, 640x575) Image search: [Google]
SMT_Strange_Journey_JPN.jpg
52 KB, 640x575
Y'all seen this coming
>>
>>343719063
>and obviously it's better than doom 1 and 2, you can't even fucking aim or jump in those
Kill yourself.
>>
File: FNV_box_art_(US).jpg (1 MB, 1330x1650) Image search: [Google]
FNV_box_art_(US).jpg
1 MB, 1330x1650
>>
>>343719063
Yeah, this so much.
>>
It's hilarious how in every Doom 4 thread people just feel compelled to go shit on it because of some inexplicable contrarian urge. Like, this is the only place you'll even see this stupid shit. Anywhere else online it (rightfully) gets a lot of love.

/v/ is the last shithole of a stop for dumb opinions.
>>
>Everyone saying DOOM 64 is the best game of the series
>Download DOOM 64 EX
>Game feels like DOOM 3, where they wanted to make it a horror game

Feels boring as fuck honestly, DOOM 4 is better.
>>
>>343719063
Hi DSP.
>>
File: cover_medium.jpg (168 KB, 575x515) Image search: [Google]
cover_medium.jpg
168 KB, 575x515
>>
>>343719902
I know right? Same fucking shit with Fallout 3 & 4 along with every new CoD release.

Fuck the haters, seriously. I don't even know why I come to this shithole anymore.
>>
>>343719902
>it's a "it's popular so it's good" episode

Worst rerun.
>>
>>343717256
>>343716570
>>343716193
stfu retard
>>
>>343720203
don't let the door hit you
>>
>>343719902
>>343720203
he mad
>>
>>343716570
It's doom guy he can take the recoil idiot
>>
File: 1309580005393.jpg (92 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1309580005393.jpg
92 KB, 600x800
I thought we'd get to see forever. But forever's gone away.
>>
>>343720361
How does it feel to know your shitty little clique of haters is slowly dwindling, even in this shithole? F3 had it bad but Doom's reception was overall positive and CoD fans are even starting to come out.

Soon enough you'll be some old decrepit guy in a retirement home crying about how games were better back then while we'll be enjoying modern gameplay and photorealist graphics.
>>
>>343720198
That was fun, but I wouldn't give it a 10/10.
>>
>>343720503
Do read this >>343720739
>>
File: Download.jpg (8 KB, 329x153) Image search: [Google]
Download.jpg
8 KB, 329x153
>>
>>343720739
Nice
>>
File: battle for bikini bottom.jpg (158 KB, 600x837) Image search: [Google]
battle for bikini bottom.jpg
158 KB, 600x837
Bust out my old xbawks and played it, was a lot harder when I was a retarded toddler but man this game is a personal 10/10
>>
>>343720739
>comfy retirement home shitposting
Sounds good to me
>>
File: Morrowind.jpg (109 KB, 640x909) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind.jpg
109 KB, 640x909
Obligatory
>>
It's the Fallout 4 of the Doom series tbqfh senpai
>>
>>343720739
>>343721038
But I agree the game is fun.
It's just the sound design makes the weapons not satisfying, and the level design is forgettable.
>>
>>343717549
>thats not a downside, it has infinite ammo so low damage means jack shit I can spam it and have no issues killing any demon on nightmare or lower with just that and the chain saw a few times on nightmare just so it was not tedious.
Probably because you were trying to cut steak with a drinking straw. You CAN go through the entire game with the pistol, but they never intended you to do so.
>>
>>343722338
it was poorly designed then like I said there was no reason to switch weapons because the starting weapon worked well enough.

If they wanted to make switching weapons and doing awesome shit with shotguns and shit, make the pistol use ammo

if they wanted a game to focus on resource management, give the pistol ammo

there is no universe where it having infinite ammo is a good idea because it just makes cheesing the game to easy.
>>
*adjusts glasses*

Ahem,

I believe the video game "Planescape Torment" deserves a mention here.
>>
>>343721765
this tbqhwymf
>>
>>343722750
Doom's resource management was never it's high point anon, it was always about being a class canon in a world of glass canons. Dodging shit in fast paced action as you blow shit apart with a rocket launcher and seeing how fast you can get said rocket launcher.
If you want a strategy game then play something else. Because Doom's strategy tends to be fast paced combat above resource management.
>>
>>343722750

You can't cheese it with the pistol on the harder settings you fuck.
>>
>>343723178
yeah you can I did it pretty easily with out much issue just a chainsaw here and there.

>>343723015
why do that when they give you a perfectly good gun with infinite ammo, you do not seem to grasp the issue, yes I can play doom the right way but they made it much easier to just play it running around taking pot shots at enemies. At least with doom 1 and 2 if I wanted to do a pistol run it was a challenge this game it was just the safest way to play.
>>
>>343716570
Fucking retarded children who dont know anything continue to exist on the internet.
>>
>>343716193
Nobody plays the MP fuck off with that. MP was just a simple afterthought to pull in the Cowadoody audience.

You are probably not used to the lack of fluff and story elements, so you consider the game as a whole as un memorable because you cannot remember a "cutscene" moment.
>>
File: Grand_Theft_Auto_III_(USA)-1.jpg (103 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Theft_Auto_III_(USA)-1.jpg
103 KB, 640x908
>>
>>343722750
Cheesing... with the pistol? The Doom 4 pistol?

That thing is clearly the worst weapon in the game by a huge margin. The infinite ammo does not help since ammo is plentiful. I mean fuck, you can get an upgrade for the chaingun to make every shot as powerful as a maxed-out charged pistol shot.

I don't get this. The pistol is straight F-tier in a game where the second-worst weapon is a C (combat shotgun). It deals damage so slowly in a game where you want to end things quick, since the enemies are constantly pursuing and surrounding you while thowing high-damage projectiles.

I'm going to assume you're just shitposting since what you're saying is pure gibberish.
>>
>>343724216
Not really, it's just the level design is bland.
It's always either white and grey if it's a UAC facility, orange if it's in mars, brown and yellow if it's Hell.
>>
File: tumblr_m1lkkkYXwa1ql793jo2_1280.jpg (619 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m1lkkkYXwa1ql793jo2_1280.jpg
619 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>343723845
>Why should I play a game like a slower paced fps when it was clearly trying to be a fast paced shooter?
It's not the games fault you decided to play it in the most boring way possible. Doom is about fun. If you can't grasp that concept I honestly don't know what to tell you other than you're a metagaming faggot who's soul purpose in life is to suck the fun out of everything and find the most efficient means possible of beating a game. It's your own fault you didn't have any fun with it.
>>
>>343723845

Sure you did, cupcake. You totally beat ultra-violence with just the pistol that barely makes anything above imps stagger whilst being swarmed by imps, possessed, lost souls, hell knights, and two barons.
>>
File: header.jpg (28 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
28 KB, 460x215
>>
File: 1456724551119.png (457 KB, 600x1054) Image search: [Google]
1456724551119.png
457 KB, 600x1054
>>343719902
It's almost as if some people just don't like the game or something. Try not to let it get you down too much.
>>
Undertale
>>
>>343724302
why do I care how much ammo I can get? I have a gun that gives me infinite ammo, how are you retards not getting this, no matter how bad a gun if it has infinite ammo unless your a retard it is the best gun. give it ammo and it just becomes another weapon I can use if I was to retarded and wasted ammo.

I do not care if my ammo is full I find it easier to just kill with the pistol because why waste ammo.

Its people like you who do not understand how this can ruin a game. If it had an ammo system it could still be used but why would I waste my time? If it had ammo I would be switching to it when i wanted.

Name one thing that makes it having infinite ammo worth it. Just one thing.
>>
>>343724860

There is a literal difference between not liking something and making shit up or saying it's "bad because it doesn't do what my modern shit games do!"
>>
>>343724483
The fact that he mentioned the chainsaw is what gets me. That thing is hardly useful in combat since it makes you a sitting duck and eats up gas like a motherfucker on things that don't die to one or two shotgun blasts. Its main utility is for replenishing ammo... which you wouldn't need for the pistol?

Guy is straight-up full of shit.
>>
File: 91+xZjhGTSL._SL1500_.jpg (398 KB, 1049x1500) Image search: [Google]
91+xZjhGTSL._SL1500_.jpg
398 KB, 1049x1500
>>343715257
Contributing' to this epic shitposting thread.
>>
File: fo_splash.gif (32 KB, 607x426) Image search: [Google]
fo_splash.gif
32 KB, 607x426
>>343724995
>or saying it's "bad because it doesn't do what my modern shit games do!"
>>
>>343721403
this
goddam this was fun as fuck on the ps2 good times were had by 8 year old me
>>
>>343715257
>its another thread where Bethesda shills hype their failed AAA mediocre shooter

>its another thread where they won't mention the worst multiplayer ever created

>they won't mention how the season pass is ONLY pay2win multiplayer content

>they won't mention how it isn't even a doom game and that its just a AAA shooter "inspired" by the terrible Brutal Doom mod that is only popular with redditors
>>
>>343724989
>>343724989
>I do not care if my ammo is full I find it easier to just kill with the pistol because why waste ammo.
Yeah I honestly don't know what to tell you. Doom isn't a resource management game nor was it ever designed around that. You CAN use only the pistol, but it's tedious. You CAN be a faggot and not use a shotgun that causes you to hipthrust with every pull of the trigger and be a sexy mother fucker that causes women to cum violently as soon as you enter the room.

But no, you decided to be that one guy in the corner of a room wearing glasses. Unable to get laid or even have a women look at you without laughing at your small penis.
>>
>>343724989

The gun is objectively terrible, that's it. And you rarely run out of ammo unless, as you say, play like a retard instead of changing weapons when getting low and using grenades and the mods to devastate enemies.

You are the fucking idiot here.
>>
>>343725070

It is funny people are upset about the chainsaw being a one-hit kill for most things. It makes complete sense, the fucking things tear through flesh. Doom 3 was retarded with how you just tap monsters with it like a fucking electric razor.
>>
>>343724995
>Implying D44M isn't the same tier of trash as the "modern shit games"

>>343725412
>use a shotgun that causes you to hipthrust with every pull of the trigger and be a sexy mother fucker that causes women to cum violently as soon as you enter the room.
Ahahaha holy fucking shit someone typed this out, felt satisfied with himself and posted it, thinking it sounds cool.
>>
>>
I played the demo yesterday and if I wasn't so poor I'd buy it instantly. It has possibly the best movement I've ever seen in an FPS.
>>
>>343724306
>level design is bland.
you seem like a man of taste
what game has better level design?
I'm actually thinking of buying D44M.
Dissuade me, plz
>>
>>343726862

It isn't though. It's nothing like CoD by any breadth of the word.
>>
>>343719512>>343715257
THESE
>>
>>343717256

Wolfenstein TNO was a shitty game though. Even on uber or 999 mode.
>>
>>343727434

Says you.
>>
>>343727579
Yes says me, you gonna offer a retort, bitch?
>>
>>343727336
Fair enough, you're right. Even CoD doesn't have a mechanic as bad as glory kills.
>>
How far did you guys get in ultra nightmare? just got done dying on that piece of shit

>Map 6, Kadingir Sanctum
>almost done with map, on high ground
>look below, see place I've been to before, want to backtrack for the rune trial
>think for a moment, maybe there's an invisible wall
>then think, no, it's obviously a wide open space where you could obviously jump to, putting an invisible wall there would be a dick move
>double jump over, about to make it
>hit an invisible wall
>die

my deaths on map 5 and 6 have been from fucking falls. unm really isn't that tough after map 3, because of the upgrades you can get
>>
>>343727880

Don't need one when you didn't even offer anything worth retorting to, nigger.
>>
>>343727040
I don't know, but there's not a single memorable level in the game.
All I remember was doing a lot of glory kills.
It's a 7/10, it's a nice game, but that's all.
>>
>>343728097

Except glory kills is a good mechanic that the game doesn't force on you beyond the boss fights. Everything else you can just shoot to death, but not get as much ammo and health drops from. It actually works with the idea of never having to reload because you either get a fresh supply for your current gun after doing a kill or enough to switch to something else you were low/empty on.

And it's still objectively more fun than CoD zombie shit any day of the week.
>>
Bought a CD key for $20, and I guess I recommend doing that to everyone, because that's the price this game is worth.
The MP is shitty and dead, and the campaign has very little replayability.
Even TNO encouraged you to replay it by being able to continue it and replaying as if you just started the game, and selecting levels was a secondary though.
Not here though, you have to select levels, which, as autismal as it sounds, it kind of turns me off.
I want to repeat the experience of the first time I played it, cutscenes, everything.
Even Cowadooty has a ''Continue'' option to keep playing it, but here right after the level ends, straight to the main menu.

Really bad game design.
Gameplay wise it's okay, just I hope they completely get rid of the glory kill system in the sequel, and they completely forget about multiplayer and that snapmap thing which nobody is using and only drives attention away from the campaign.
>>
>>343727579
Not him, but I just met the resistance and so far I don't see what makes the game spectacular as far as gameplay is concerned. The cutscenes are long, the stealth segments are pretty shitty, the gunplay feels average at best, they take away my guns at the start of every fucking level. I'm early in the game and maybe it improves significantly later on, but so far the game feels pretty generic.
>>
>>343728885
>that snapmap thing which nobody is using and only drives attention away from the campaign.
Holy shit, this.
Even the ''editor'' which is just selecting premade level bits is so bad, less intuitive than actual engine editors.
Tried it once, and they just put a gigantic effort on making it as clunky and difficult to use as possible, and I guess they are releasing all that Snapmap things for free because they know nobody would buy the Snapmap DLCs, and I seriously doubt anyone will buy the Season Pass, specially on PC since the MP is practically dead.
>>
File: rome total war.jpg (18 KB, 280x400) Image search: [Google]
rome total war.jpg
18 KB, 280x400
>>343715257
>>
>>343728967
The fact that it has a personality, it didn't care about anything.
Whatever they made with Doom 4, it's obvious they just tried appealing to the modding fanbase as hard as possible, specially to the Brutal Doom fanbase.
Not to mention the cringeworthy fanfiction shit about the ''Doomslayer''.

I think that's the flaw of this game, it doesn't feel like Doom, it feels like a game made by a fanboy of Doom, but suddenly forgot that what made Doom memorable are the levels.

I know the name of every single level in Ultimate Doom and Doom 2, I even remember a couple from Doom 3, but I don't remember level name or specific bit of Doom levels.
All I remember is the Cyberdemon fight which wasn't too hard, and the Spider Mastermind fight which for some reason, was even easier and I completely in one try.

Didn't even remember getting stuck in any part, and the few times I died were because of stupid errors like falling somewhere.
>>
>>343728147
I'm on level 3 and am afraid to continue.

I've gotten this far before but got lit up pretty quickly.
>>
>>343729451
Getting sick of this "memorability" thing being tossed around since it doesn't say or imply much more than that you personally don't remember.

I remember all the levels in Doom 4 very well and they are all pretty distinct to me. Can hardly remember any of the classic doom stages to any significant degree even though I've probably spent more time with those old games overall.

These musings don't say much about the games. Although in your case it's clear that you've spent much, much more time on the classic games so obviously you'll have more ingrained memories on those than with this new game.
>>
File: Fable_II_Box_Art_-HIGH_RES-.jpg (2 MB, 1517x2156) Image search: [Google]
Fable_II_Box_Art_-HIGH_RES-.jpg
2 MB, 1517x2156
>>
Have they put in the middle weapon placement option yet?
>>
>>343726862
So you admit that you just enjoy being boring and not liking fun? ok.
>>
File: header.jpg (34 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
34 KB, 460x215
I nominate the holy indie beyond-pixelshit trilogy
>Environmental Station Alpha
>Teleglitch
>Towerclimb
>>
File: header.jpg (27 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
27 KB, 460x215
>>343731809
I wasn't gonna say anything in this thread but, are you retarded? Fable 2 was shit. Fable TLC was the only good Fable. I played the shit out of it, and still do. I have never been more disappointed in a game then I was when Fable 2 came out
>>
File: eat the eggs.jpg (138 KB, 567x420) Image search: [Google]
eat the eggs.jpg
138 KB, 567x420
Witcher 3 was better than it had right to be.
>>
>>343715257
So I should be getting this during the Playstation sale is what you're telling me?
>>
>>343731926
yeah
>>
>>343732581

If you can't get it to run on your PC, sure.
>>
>>343721403
>game is 13 years old
>you were a toddler then
underage pls go
>>
>>343721832
Have you even used the heavy assault rifle? The thing gives you fucking guitar riffs to go along with the steady thunka thunka of the gun itself
>>
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 233x216) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11 KB, 233x216
Nobody can top this gem.
>>
>>343724218
This
>>
>>343719512
1/2 are better.
>>
Shill presence at unsafe levels, lockdown in effect.
>>
>>343734446
Step it up
>>
Dragon Quest V
>>
Why do Doom threads always contain the same dumb complaints?
>forced glory kills
Which help the pace of the game
>forced exposition
For like one minute in every hour long Level
>bad gunplay
Plain wrong
>it has a progression System
Did right
>it doesn't "feel" like Doom
Means nothing if you don't describe why

The only legitimate complaints I've read are about the level design which is a bit too arena/lockdown based and obviously multi and snapmap.
8/10 game at the very worst
>>
File: 1430108058613.jpg (947 KB, 1136x841) Image search: [Google]
1430108058613.jpg
947 KB, 1136x841
Touhou 8: Imperishable Night
Touhou 10: Mountain of Faith
>>
>>343736207
>a bit too arena/lockdown based
>a bit

Way to downplay it, anon.
>>
>>343719512
That's an 8.4/10
>>
>doom
>50 gb download
yeah I'll just save my money rather than wait three weeks for it to finish downloading
>>
File: bloodborne.png (2 MB, 1422x800) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.png
2 MB, 1422x800
>>
>>343736383
Fair enough, it has a lot of lockdowns
Still it's one one of the more uncommon complaints here, and I don't get why
>>
>>343736207
>>it has a progression System
>Did right

>do glory kills for some upgrade tendies
>right
>>
>>343724989
Doom is all about murdering things quickly and efficiently.

You play as if it's Doom 3 but its' goddamn DOOM
>>
Skyrim
Oblivion
Far cry 3
Dishonored
Bioshock Infinite
PK gen 5
>>
File: qo23A4k.jpg (2 MB, 1440x1920) Image search: [Google]
qo23A4k.jpg
2 MB, 1440x1920
>>343715257
>>
>>343736870
You can earn points by fights, glory kills, exploration, basically anything
And most upgrades are pretty good
>>
>>343715257
So how do people feel about the multiplayer? Remove the demon shit and rework the range on shotguns and I think its pretty solid. I'm hoping id can clean it up and make it feel more like doom.
>>
>>343736598

It will never have open source idTech

It's not a real Doom game anyway because of that. Bethesda is just piecing together a dead horse into sine Frankenstein monster and fucking it. Like all abominations it has no soul.
>>
>>343737479
>Wah wah wah
>>
File: 1463460338685.jpg (134 KB, 841x595) Image search: [Google]
1463460338685.jpg
134 KB, 841x595
>>343716570
>He never played the original Doom
>>
File: 999.jpg (150 KB, 450x429) Image search: [Google]
999.jpg
150 KB, 450x429
>>
File: descent infinite abyss.jpg (56 KB, 640x796) Image search: [Google]
descent infinite abyss.jpg
56 KB, 640x796
>>343715257
not that one
>>
>>343737535

>"you're a crybaby if you don't let Beth peg you in the ass and cuckold you"
>>
>>343715571
is pic on the right a concept art? looks pretty cool honestly
>>
>>343737668
>game
>>
>>343736207

But the original areas in older Dooms were literally "arena" like. Sure, they didn't lock you in as you always had to find the keycard to progress, but they were in no way more "realistic" than what DOOM goes for.
>>
>>343737926
What are puzzles
>>
including the stealth section, niggers
>>
>>343720569
Even for all of it's faults, it still manages to be amazing. I could tell Bastila dying wasn't canon though, for some reason the writing surrounding it felt... hollow.
>>
>>343737118
Sidequest design
Bosses
Combat
Polish VA
Controls
Soundtrack made out of a couple songs

Not even close to 10/10. I'd say it's 7.5/10.
>>
>>343721362
>>343724768
I can't tell if this is a meme or not. It felt like it was trying to be so much. Also the matter-eating suicide bombs were cool as fuck.
>>
>>343732174
Eh ESA is too pixely for me. I hate 'crunchy' pixels, for example Sworcery makes me physically ill.
>>
>>343717050
>>343719397
>>343719512
>>343738045
/v/ has spoken
>>
>>343719474
>liking autoaim
>>
File: kirby_planet_robobot_box_art.jpg (214 KB, 1024x937) Image search: [Google]
kirby_planet_robobot_box_art.jpg
214 KB, 1024x937
>>
File: Pathologic.jpg (234 KB, 1899x1080) Image search: [Google]
Pathologic.jpg
234 KB, 1899x1080
>What do you do?
>Anything I guess.
>So I can rob this shopkeeper?
>Sure.
>Wait fuck, there are guards and a prison?
>I guess you shouldn't have robbed that guy.
>>
>>343737943
The difference is that the levels in the original Doom function more as a continuous and interconnected whole and that the different areas of each level are not compartmentalized like they were in Doom 4.

I think one of the ex-Nerve Software guys who did maps for the excellent No Rest for the Living episode did a decent albeit awkward job of explaining the differences between Doom 2 and Doom 4 level design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffcNqv3HV9Y
>>
>>343738452
the first thing I'm buying once I get my 3DS back from repairs
>>
>>343737915

Did you even play the game?
>>
>>343724356
my fuckin' nigga
>>
>>343724218

All time favorite game.
THE quintessential mafia game.
>>
>>343721587
>>
After about 40 hours in the game, I can say that the single player is actually kinda great.

>Pros
The game feels smooth as hell, and you kinda can't get a feel for that unless you play the game yourself. There's a ton of options on PC, which is somehow surprising. The guns feel good, they're just different than Doom 1/2. Only gun I have a problem with is the plasma rifle, but I hate slow-moving projectile-based weapons, so it might be bias. The assault rifle, both shotguns, gauss cannon, all feel satisfying to use (gaussing Cacodemons and watching them burst and chunk up and be split in half is great. Just great.)

>Cons
MP and Snapmap, just to get that out of the way. In SP, one of my biggest gripes about the game is that easter eggs, such as the hidden classic maps, actually contain a ton of health and ammo, making them somewhat required on high difficulties. And although I personally like the music, I can understand it being a negative point in the game, being a bit unmemorable.
>>
File: 1466231870199.png (367 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1466231870199.png
367 KB, 600x600
>>343732174
>its a great metroidvania
>art is utter irredeemable shit
i tried so hard to like it
>>
>>343739160
I just recently picked up GZ but I'm waiting for a price drop in PS4 before I get TPP
>>
>>343739763
If Sylux were a grill, what would her navel taste like?
>>
File: Kyle Hyde facepalm.jpg (15 KB, 235x318) Image search: [Google]
Kyle Hyde facepalm.jpg
15 KB, 235x318
>>343737926

>it's not a game unless I can shoot guns and make shitty choices that result in literally the same thing but colored differently
>>
>>343739007

But the areas in Doom 4 are interconnected. They might have segment breaks between the levels, but they don't feel like floating boxes in space that are magically joined together. The UAC facility feels like a place gone to hell, and Hell itself feels like some strange realm.
>>
>>343741450
I was speaking in gameplay terms. I really couldn't give half a shit about how a place "feels" thematically or logically. CoD games can pull off levels that make sense and have logical transitions and it's no big deal to anyone, like you have a level where you are dropped off by a Blackhawk in an urban area, fight it out in the streets and eventually assault a TV station, who cares. Think about the consequence one area has to another, can monsters in a room flow into another room and can their chances to do so depend on how late or early you trigger them in advance before approaching them, can one room with its own enemies be used as a place to retreat when you get overwhelmed by enemies in another room, that sort of thing.
>>
File: 1467596573355.jpg (69 KB, 562x530) Image search: [Google]
1467596573355.jpg
69 KB, 562x530
>>343737118
>that screenshot

Very nice.
>>
>>343715257
How I would fix the game to make it closer to 10/10 than it's current 8/10
>Make MP actually good for starters or get rid of it
>Let modders mod
>Both Weapon upgrades need both their niche curazyness instead of having a useless one and a useful one
>New weapons. The Gauss rifle and the Heavy Assault were good ideas
>MORE DEMONS TO RIP AND TEAR
>For certain demons, you need to do something special to make them stagger for glory kils
>Samual Hayden/Icon of Sin boss fight
>Make maps not lockdown in arenas unless it is a gore nest. Reserve arenas only for those things.

What else?
>>
>>343742490

The monsters "flow" just fine between all the levels. They aren't designed for the advantage of just the player or the demons, that'd be stupid. Doom levels are about both sides being able to make use of the terrain. The new game does that well as you can get a vantage point to pick off some enemies and then move on, while also having chances of getting backed into a corner if you're not smart.

Granted, some places have things that catch you unfairly, like the ones with torches that practically pin you down when you're trying to strafe.
>>
>>343717221
HOLY SHIT I REMEMBER THIS GAME
>>
Doom's not really a 10/10. I'd give it a solid 9.84/10.
>>
>>343715571
Most nice girl you ever know @ Twisted fucking psychopath
>>
>>343715257
Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm
>>
File: 1404693716267.jpg (390 KB, 1280x1556) Image search: [Google]
1404693716267.jpg
390 KB, 1280x1556
>met the cyberdemon in D2016
>it's a fucking Ys boss adapted for FPS
>>
>>343752331
>cyberdemon/spiderdemon used to be a regular enemy
>they made them into one-time bosses in nudoom
Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.