[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3 PvP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 16
File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (220 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
220 KB, 1200x650
Why is the pvp so bad?

>inb4 git gud
>inb4 armored man babies tell me that there's nothing wrong with it
>>
File: Why.jpg (202 KB, 416x478) Image search: [Google]
Why.jpg
202 KB, 416x478
The fact that chivalry and honour in Dark Souls 3 pvp is about as common as a solar eclipse.

>SWORD R1 SPAM AND 1V4 GANGBANGS FOR DAYS BRUV.
>>
>>343699785
I hate the fact that dark souls 3 pvp rewards hyper aggressive players and punishes those who play patiently.
>>
>>343698778
Because poise is fucked and everyone has some method of breaking a shield now so there's no reason to not just spam R1 and stunlock the other guy before he does the same to you.
>>
>>343700289
I don't understand why poise is hated

>hyper armor is good enough dood xddd

people who say hyper armor is enough are the same people who r1 spam to no end.
>>
>>343700289
And the risk of a parry just isn't worth the reward unless your character is built on 1-shotting. Which after builds that ruin the fun of the game
>>
>>343700740
Parrying is too easy in this game, I liked it better in dark souls 2 where it was more punishing if you tried to spam it.
>>
>>343700420
Hyper armor would work if it lasted longer than a frame. As it is now there's literally no reason to not grab the fastest-swinging weapon you can and just mash R1 because every weapon stuns on one or two hits regardless of what the other guy's wearing and almost every weapon can either break a guard through a skill or does so much stamina damage the defender can't block more than a couple hits.

I mean I get Havel tanks that could never be staggered because of poise was almost just as bad but they fucked the whole thing right up for everyone who wasn't trying to cheese poise and made it even worse by making a new kind of fucking cheese.
>>
>>343701050
I think that a good way to re-implement poise would be to have a poise threshold where you cant stack it to a point that no weapon cant stagger you.
>>
File: CantStopWontStop.gif (799 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
CantStopWontStop.gif
799 KB, 320x180
>>343700289
And yet, when you fight Havel in the Archdragons Peak mausoleum, poise works almost like DS1 poise for him, save for the moments when a well timed fire orb strikes him during his leap, and when he runs out of stamina while guarding.

...Well, that what I've experienced with him, anyway.
>>
File: 1458338250691.gif (684 KB, 314x314) Image search: [Google]
1458338250691.gif
684 KB, 314x314
Pvp comes down to either spamming gay shit like katana running r1, curved sword r1, straight sword r1, or parry spamming with hornet ring. Thats all this games pvp is, its a complete shitshow. However invading and fucking up trash gank squads is so fun it makes pvp decent.

Competitively you should not be taking this game seriously at all, its a joke competitively. Once you play vs "good" players you will find that out. Play super passive, never swing first, just washing pole running r1 counter when its 100% safe or parry spam for a oneshot. Quality pvp lads
>>
>>343701397
yeah but what we had before was actually better, its like fromsoft just thinks backwards and they cater to people who liked bloodborne, but mixing those two games clearly doesn't work when you have armor.
>>
File: fuck honor.webm (3 MB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
fuck honor.webm
3 MB, 720x400
>>343699785
M-MUH HONOR
>>
>>343701659
m-muh meta!
>>
File: Trainer Activated.jpg (68 KB, 512x535) Image search: [Google]
Trainer Activated.jpg
68 KB, 512x535
Hey, you guys are alright, don't leave the pontiff bonfire tonight.
>>
>>343701743
That's just wrong
>>
>>343701743
#pcmasterrace
>>
File: thatfeelwenlol.gif (34 KB, 200x318) Image search: [Google]
thatfeelwenlol.gif
34 KB, 200x318
>tfw you started playing Souls with the superior DS2 combat system

>tfw you read about DS3's non-existent movesets for weapons and items, no poise, fan-service tier story and level design, and bad frame rates because of rehashed 2011 DS1 game engine.
>>
File: 028.gif (302 KB, 540x310) Image search: [Google]
028.gif
302 KB, 540x310
>>343702105
I never saw it coming, no of it, if only i had known i wouldn't buy it in its current state.
>>
File: 1458338314158.gif (3 MB, 351x345) Image search: [Google]
1458338314158.gif
3 MB, 351x345
>>343701541
Its because fromsoft realizes this game isnt meant for pvp, it never was. The pve in ds3 is the best out of the souls series BY FAR. Like the hitboxes in pve are so fucking good I was shocked while I was playing, they made it literally PERFECT. I've never seen hitboxes so well made in a game before.

The boss's are hard and aggressive just like everyone favorite bosses from demon, 1, and 2 (manus, fume, etc) while making the puzzle bosses not nearly as annoying. There are no bullshit multi bosses or shit like bed of chaos. No random "fuck it just throw 10 of the same enemy in a group to make it most challenging" like in ds2 and even sometimes ds1. Saying any other souls game comes even as close on a pve level is rose tinted nostalgia glasses tier.

Ya the 1v1 pvp meta blows cock, because souls is a pve game with pvp strapped on as a "for fun" mode. Not to be taken seriously, its there to run around making broken builds and go for morne WA one shots on poor level 60 noobs. Thats all its there for
>>
File: SunnyD[1].jpg (23 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
SunnyD[1].jpg
23 KB, 360x360
They shouldn't have made it so easy to chug estus.

In DS1 and DS2, you couldn't move while drinking, the drinking animation took much longer, and the refill happened over a few seconds, instead of instantly. As a result, it is much easier to punish someone for chugging in those games.

Whenever I get invaded in DS3, I know it's just going to be a contest of who has more estus left.
>>
>>343702619
First of no, its not perfect, i hate that fact that im forced to play a specific play style to actually progress without being significantly harder is annoying as hell, attempting to play a sorcerer or a cleric is tougher compared to being a hack and slash melee build, all i have going for me is pressing r1 until an enemy dies is boring as fuck, i have to rely on the fact that if i dont swing first and continue swinging i wont get punished for it, some enemies can't even retaliate, that's bullshit as hell and it makes the game too easy.
>>
>>343702619
>"No random "fuck it just throw 10 of the same enemy in a group to make it most challenging".

Err...Deacons of the Deep?
Sure, the Archdeacon is a unique enemy, but he's the only on in a sea of generic Deacon enemies.
>>
>>343702619
I also hate the fact that enemies that have poise can launch chain combos on me that force me to roll endless amounts of times forcing me to drink estus, i enjoyed being able to poise through and actually put up a fight, it shouldn't be based on who hits first.
>>
>>343699785
>DS1
>get invaded
>invader bows
>I bow in return because I am a cuck
>he shoves his rapier up my ass in the conveniently appropriate pose I have put myself in
>U DIED

Fuck chivalry and fuck the faggots that thinks it belongs in this series
>>
>>343703461
Right because r1 x10 is just as fun, you put yourself in that position.
>>
>>343698778
>that quality FromSoft netcode
>washing pole hitbox still broken
>poise """"""""""""""""""""""""""""working as intended"""""""""""""""""""""""""""" means that defensive play is dead because Estoc R1 spam
>rolls/dodges are now safer because of it as well
>community etiquette/duel clubs are non-existent outside of the area past Pontiff, so players who are 1v1 dueling are just rolling in, swiping, and rolling out to chug more estus
>removed a ton of poses used as meta communication in the community
>Darkmoon and Way of Blue covenants exist
>>
>>343702105
Don't act like DS2 is a good game because it's not
>>
>>343703656
>>community etiquette/duel clubs are non-existent
Reddit faggot spotted
>>
File: 1458338375231.gif (497 KB, 434x347) Image search: [Google]
1458338375231.gif
497 KB, 434x347
>>343703010
Name one enemy that isnt the cursewood tree boss that doesnt have near perfect hitboxes. Sorc/faith is harder till you get to like 40 int or faith, then just like every other dark souls it makes the game into easy mode as you run around two shotting every boss. Also anything that isnt a 100% trash mob has almost infinite poise, so your wrong.

>>343703145
I mean shit like the wharf and many other places in ds2 where they literally just throw like 10 enemies in a house because "lol fuck it, our games meme is its hard". Deacons is just a change of pace for bosses, they didnt do it to make it harder, evidence because its like the easiest boss in the fucking game.

>>343703235
>I enjoy facetanking then sipping estus after to feel gud
you can actually facetank poise with ultra weapons anyway, so why are you crying?
>>
>>343698778
What are you talking about, armor doesn't even do anything anymore without poise.

>>343701743
Someone had the screaming sound effect/invisibility and all those cheats at the first area when I made a new character. Scared the hell out me in more than one way.
>>
>>343703706
It's better than dark souls 3 honestly, poise actually worked as we were told. Not in the way we liked it to work, but at least you could prevent r1 spammers more often and you could punish them for chugging, now dark souls 3 just skews everything in their favor.
>>
>>343703839
>facetanking

sure because everyone with a tank build will sip the ever living shit out of estus and tanking hits at the same time. I honestly don't know how you can support this type of no poise gameplay, honestly i felt like this is just a way to make their games hard, hyper armor can only do so much and it doesn't do well against people who can just poke you and then roll away before your finish your attack animation.
>>
File: 1456683310299[1].jpg (66 KB, 671x694) Image search: [Google]
1456683310299[1].jpg
66 KB, 671x694
>>343703656
>removed a ton of poses used as meta communication in the community
>Twenty different ways to sit down/bow
>Not a single gesture to say something as fundamental as "yes" or "no"
>>
>>343704319
I honestly hated the fact that i can't mock people for being cancerous meta fags who spin around with the gottardfag swords all day.
>>
File: Just Right.png (173 KB, 500x471) Image search: [Google]
Just Right.png
173 KB, 500x471
>>343704469
That WAS what point down was for, but they removed the double-tap point.

That shit was infuriating to watch, but satisfying to do.
>>
>>343698778
the PVP is so bad for a number of reasons

the first and most obvious one is that armor of any kind barely helps negate damage. Going from the generic knights armor to havel's armor is insignificant in PVP. This basically turns the game into fashion souls where it doesn't matter what you wear.

The next issue is flat out shitty weapon balancing. The meta is completely fucked since many people default to extremely cookie cutter builds because anything outside of those builds is shooting yourself in the foot.

Another issue is lack of poise. Poise basically allowed you to tank through hits and deliver your hit to an enemy. Today there is no poise and the poise stat is 100% fucked. If you get hit by any kind of sword you'll always get hit again. Greatswords? if you get hit once you'll get hit again because you ALWAYS get stunned long enough for the 2nd hit to land. Straight or Ultragreatswords? you bet your ass. Hyper armor only exists for a few select weapons primarily the ultragreatswords and some greatswords but its not a replacement and its super easy to get through.
>>
File: 1463175560311.jpg (63 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1463175560311.jpg
63 KB, 640x480
>>343704301
>tank build
>dark souls 3
Mate armour does almost nothing in ds3, have you even played the fucking game?

Also we are talking about pve facetanking with ultras, which they do well at. Pvp is a joke in every souls game and every ultra weapon has sucked dick in every souls game once you play vs "good" players. So you point of being poked out of animations in pvp is irrelevent since a) we were talking about pve and b) thats been a thing in every souls game pvp anyways.
>>
>>343704469
>>343704834
>not popping a patches squat on their dying body
I shiggy diggy
>>
>>343704301
You can't make a "tank build" even with havel's armor, maxed out vit, vig and end, you're not negating any more damage than what sacred oath would give you at 12.5% damage reduction.

Even then stacking both of those doesn't help you much at all
>>
>>343701252
that's what they tried to do initially, but we can see the results of it now.

Havel's set in DS1 was complete bullshit on the opposite way, and even his appearance in DS3 is more of the same shit (despite giving the player his armor meaning theyre no better protected against fast weapon R1 spam). Either fast weapons need a significant stamina drain nerf, or they need to bring back DS1 poise and just nerf the shit out of Havel's set to avoid that bullshit.

>>343702619
>There are no bullshit multi bosses or shit like bed of chaos.

Twin Princes though.
>walk into bossfight
>teleports behind you
>instant backstab
>"pshhh nothin personal kid"

i guess deacons also technically count on the "multibosses" front, but the fact that you can mow down half of the mob in one hit (while still damaging the boss in the middle of them) makes it too trivial to cause problems
>>
>>343705275
i thought he was complaining about dark souls 1
>>
>>343705275
btw all body buffs are heavily nerfed for pvp, so your 12.5% damage reduction in pvp is more like less than 5%
>>
File: DyingInsideFromChapter20.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
DyingInsideFromChapter20.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>>343705192
>Not applauding a novice dark sword wielder after thoroughly wrecking their virgin anuses.

M8 u wanna 1v1 me, Anor Londo. No Items. Fox only?
>>
>>343705484
>>teleports behind you
>>instant backstab
Are you fucking stupid? you get hit once then you know the gimmick and you roll, his attacks are always static and you can easily dodge them because they always come out behind you.
>>
>>343705524
I was wrong actually, it gives you 10 absorption in every resist and defense so its 10% all around.
>>
>>343705589
TORYAAAH!
>>
>>343705484
Twin princes isnt a real multi boss, he cant stagger his hits to make it impossible to dodge out of like retarded nigger shit like twin sentinels from ds2. Its always fair and the game even keeps you locked on to him when he teleports unless he is dropping from the air or doing his charge beam attack..

>>343705714
ya for pve it does, for pvp its less than 5%. I believe tests were done and said it was like 3% of something retarded.
>>
>>343698778
no poise
>>
>>343705758
CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, ASHEN ONE.
>>
>>343705918
>ya for pve it does, for pvp its less than 5%. I believe tests were done and said it was like 3% of something retarded.
jesus I'm not even gonna run it anymore. when I'm playing with friends and we get invaded I just tell everyone to gather round and buff up but if its only 3% I'm not even gonna bother when many straight swords hit for 300+
>>
I just finished DaS but realised I've missed a few areas, do you think it's better to play them on NG+ or start from scratch?
>>
File: Ayyyy.gif (2 MB, 271x272) Image search: [Google]
Ayyyy.gif
2 MB, 271x272
>>343706450
Sure, why not.
Heck, in NG+, the merchant you find in the sewers/under the tunnel to Undead Burg actually sells the boss armours, I believe.

So yeah, you could go through it all as the fat fuck Smough.

It's worth it.
>>
>>343706361
Ya heres a basic guide to buffs: only use tears of denial and/or blessed weapon.

Every buff sucks huge cock and is heavily nerfed for pvp except for tears of denial and weapon buffs: (resins, lighting blade, darkmoon blade, crystal weapon, and carthus flame arc.). But because of the way armor works, split damage (like base psychical and having fire damage from resin) the damage reduced from armor is done twice, thus meaning they suck dick. So the only good weapon buff that works as is stated is blessed weapon because it simply adds more base physical damage.
>>
>>343701743
Hey anon, get the change phantom type and kill Aldrich.
>>
>>343698778
Rolls are too strong. This is pretty much it all. Given how you can roll on reaction and dodge almost every single move in the game with it because some faggot thought giving a fucking medium roll as many i-frames as DaS1 ninja flip, any fight where people arent necessarily very good, but competent enough, will rely only on them outranging and punishing whiffs.

I had a recent fight where I was up against 2kats and all the damage I did until winning was from an off-hand crossbow only when he jumped or tried to L1 off range. Should I even try attacking he could roll as he pleased.
>>
>>343706793
He already sells them as soon as you beat the boss. Fighting Gwyn as a mini smough is awesome.
>>
>>343708408
Got summoned for the O&S fight along with one other guy, he was wearing Ornstein's set so I popped the fat suit on. Was pretty fun.
>>
>>343708408
Ah. It's been a while, so I didn't remember that.
>>
Random question.

Y'all think Lady Maria taking on Artorias?
>>
>>343709393
Well, Artorias is the one that can't be stunlocked.
>>
>>343709457
True but she got some instant kill movesets in her 2nd/3rd phase.

She's faster and has a bigger attack range.
>>
>>343710005
Instant kill only works against things with little HP. in the end it becomes about how often Artorias AI would decide to do the anime triple flip.
>>
>>343700828
Parrying in 3 works the exact same as in 2. You just get more frames if you are playing on PC because 60 FPS raped your active frames.
>>
If you learn to parry you can easily beat a huge chunk of players
>>
>>343710602
That's been true in every souls game. Most players just spam attacks in your general direction as their only offensive measure, once you've countered that you're golden
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.