[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are flat screens bad for PC gaymen? I dont mind getting 27"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 260x194
Are flat screens bad for PC gaymen?

I dont mind getting 27" monitor but the appeal of a 60" 4k TV for games/movies/tv/etc is pretty high. Even if its just a 60" 1080p tv.

So whats the verdict on 2015/2016 tv's for Pc gaymen? What should I look for or avoid when buying a tv?

If its really shit then ill buy this 27" BenQ I have been looking at.
>>
Most 4k tvs are 30htz only so they're kinda not really worth it unless it's just for films and shit. Monitor over tv any day for pc gayman
>>
flat screen monitors are good

flat screen TV's in that size are bad because if input lag and motion blur
>>
Depends on the input lag
>>
Planning on this for 1080p Its 55"

https://www.amazon.com/TCL-55FS3750-55-Inch-1080p-Smart/dp/B01A7I6Y3Q/

And this in 65" for 4k

https://www.amazon.com/TCL-65US5800-65-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01BGC39JY/
>>
>>343685314
The one I am looking at are 60hrz native and 120 "effective">>343685653
>>
>>343684864
Think 4k monitors/TVs should be avoided until 1080p isn't the standard any longer.
The rest is up to you.
>>
>>343685879
That may take a while. I dont see 4k being native for broadcasting or gaming for a long time and 8k tv;s are already being made. In 5 years they will be around 1k price
>>
>>343686131
Are you planning on playing games in 4k?
>>
>>343684864
>bigger screen to stay farther from it
For what purpose.
Someone post that chart pic of the resolution and distance comparison.
That pic will solve your problem op.
Not to mention the response time, wich is used to be higher on TV´s.
>>
>>343685314
Don't be retarded. The majority of TVs are actually 60hz, with some being higher than that, at 120 and 240hz, though a lot of those aren't really actually that high, they just use some trickery to fake it.

>>343684864
The problem with TVs as monitors as other people said, is the input lag, and that isn't something the manufacturers usually put in their specifications. You may find response time, which is also relevant, but very rarely actual input lag. Try to look for reviews on the models you want to buy, and see if there's something related to their input lag. Monitors usually. Up to 16ms means less than 1 frame of lag, 16-32ms is two frames and higher than that 2+ frames of lag. It's not something you bother with when just watching TV, which is why they don't bother putting it on the spec sheet, but it's very important for games, SPECIALLY PC ones. The lag varies A LOT from TV to TV. Some may have as low as 8ms, and some over 100ms. Also try googling on the size you should buy based on the distance you'll be sitting from it. I sit around 1.5~2.5meters from mine, and the recommended size for that is up to 42".
>>
Check the Database

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

>>
Thanks for the tips guys
>>
Im reading that 2013 model TCL tv's had 29.4 ms of input lag.

I assume the 2015 and 2016 models are better?
>>
>>343690197
I meant 129.4
>>
>>343690197
Monitors have 1ms response since years ago.
>>
>>343690197
no they are actually worse
some have upto 250ms response times now
>>
>>343690304
29 would be alright, 129 is horrible. Also, don't assume that newer models have lower input lag, because that's not really the case.

Good monitors usually have up to 8ms, with up to 16ms being acceptable. For TVs, I'd try to find something with up to 30 maybe 40ms that isn't too expensive, 60 as an extreme, unless you're playing REALLY casual stuff, then you can probably go a bit higher. My TV has like 42ms on gaming mode and I don't really notice it, but I also just use it to play PS4. A high input lag will be noticeable even when using the OS on a PC.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/BenQ-RL2455HM-24-Inch-Console-Monitor/dp/B007HSKSMI/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3GWC6BK5F1APP20QZEEH

Just got this for my consoles sit I play at my desk and my TV was too big and shitty.
How badly did I do?
>>
>>343690868
Hopefully you did good because I bought 2 of those not to long ago.
>>
>>343687130
Oh boy, I can check a wopping 3% of all TVs/Monitors! With teh exception of my Benq 144hz monitor, nothing I've ever bought has been on that website. Utterly useless.
>>
Ok ill just get the 27" BenQ for gaymen and get the 4k tv for movies and shit.

>we will never game on 65" 4k sets with 1ms input lag
>>
>>343690868
Benq are one of the best. My only complaint is the inbuilt speakers on some models are shit. But the price is good enough you can buy a decent set for them anyway.
>>
>>343690762
>8ms
>good
wtf nigga?
anything over 5 is fucking trash
>>
>>343691036
oh? the exact same ones?
What for, PC, console, both?
I've been using it for a few days now and it looks a lot crisper than a TV for sure.
>>
>>343691215
yeah, I think I may have overpaid for the one I posted, though. But the speakers are bad, luckily I have my own.
I don't have a gaming PC yet but I feel like I should've just gotten a nice 144hz IPS monitor instead so it was future-proof for a PC I may get one day...
Oh well.
>>
I use a 44" 1080p 60hz flatscreen and works fine, haven't noticed any input lag but only mp games I play are rocket league and dota for the most part
>>
>>343691223
Those exact ones. One for gaming (pc) which I love and the other to stream things while I game casually on CIV or other relaxed games
>>
>>343691219
If you're playing CSGO or something like that which requires fast reaction times, then yeah. Otherwise you can get away with 8ms. TFTCentral ranks up to 16ms (which is 1 frame of delay) as acceptable, and I think that's a good reference to use. My monitors have 5ms, but I had some with 8 in the past and they were fine.
>>
Make sure you tell your GPU to do any and all upscaling. TVs are slow as shit doing that.

Set it to Game mode, and turn off ALL POST PROCESSING ON THE TV.

Apart from color settings your TV should do nothing but spit the image onto the screen. Noise removal, sharpness, interpolation, power saving that isnt in control of the backlight, all of that can go fuck itself
>>
File: dsmart-left.jpg (67 KB, 740x440) Image search: [Google]
dsmart-left.jpg
67 KB, 740x440
I recently bought the vizio d-series 43” class full‑array led smart tv. It's pretty much perfect for gaymen. No lag at all whatsoever, picture looks great. You do get mild burn in if you're leave it on a still image, but it's otherwise flawless. Best of all, the price.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.