[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would happen of you switched any of these characters into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: 1461759097104.jpg (463 KB, 2493x1277) Image search: [Google]
1461759097104.jpg
463 KB, 2493x1277
What would happen of you switched any of these characters into the others setting?
>>
Shepard would get his ass kicked in either setting, Doomguy would wreck shit in anything and Chief would do just fine.
>>
>>343671794
Aye
>>
>>343671794

Depends on what class Shepard is.
>>
>>343672009
It really doesn't. Covies would fucking destroy the ME universe, so Shepard doesn't stand a chance, and he's too slow to survive Hell on Mars. Otherwise >>343671794 has already given the objectively correct answer to the thread.
>>
>>343671794
First post best post
>>
>>343671649
Shepard would do pretty poorly in fast combat of HALO.
MC would deal pretty good in ME, even without ability to hide behind cover.

btw, why is Master Chief in 2 pictures? Different HALO game?
>>
Chief would probably argueably do better than Doomguy in the DOOM setting.
He's less durable than doomguy but if he hides behind cover for a few seconds all his wounds heal, no need for HP pickups and he has an energy shield so no need for armor.
>>
>>343671794
Chief might die if he gets into Hell, but I don't think he'd have too many problems.
If you put Chief with Cortana into the ME universe they'd wreck serious shit though. Cortana makes EDI look like Cleverbot.
>>
>>343674229
This. Cheif can die to a single melee. Doomguy absorbs them and keeps fighting
>>
>>343671794
This.

But what about a SPESS MUHRINE?
>>
>>343674523
Would Doomguy and a Space Marine get along?
>>
>>343674214
Good luck trying to find anything to hide behind when the hordes of Satan are hunting for your unpopped asshole in DOOM.
>>
>>343674602
only if Doomguy renounces his jewish ways and embraces the glory of the emperor
>>
>>343674675
Do you think he would do it?
>>
>>343674474
well let's not bring gameplay mechanics into this...
>>
File: 1464780573997.gif (1 MB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
1464780573997.gif
1 MB, 500x313
>>343671649
Doom guy might have trouble with the flood if he's wearing his classic armor with the exposed arms, abs and neck. Other then that, he wrecks the covies and prometheans no problem.
>>
>>343672009
>Depends on what class Shepard is.

le manguard poster go
>>
>>343674757
I doubt it.
He's too proud for that.
>>
>>343674757
Nah he's interacted with angels according to some of the supplemental reading in nuDoom so he'd be hard pressed to deny that.
>>
But how would Chief and Doomguy handle all Sheppard's social demands?
How would they deal with the Council, or inter-spicies diplomacy. Or diplomacy in general?

"I'm a Spectre, I do what I want!" only flies so far.
>>
>>343674474
I'm pretty sure every FPS character ever can die from a light tap to the back of the neck, but come on.
>>
>>343675267
They'd just do what Shepard should have done 100% of the time.

Punch anyone who gets in the way
>>
>>343675267
Doomguy would respond with nothing but violence.
Chief would listen to their bullshit, give a raspy one-liner, and then walk away while Cortana tells them that their plan is shit, they're shit, and to just let them handle it.
>>
>>343675267
Chief would be autistic and mumble about how the reapers are a serious threat. Of course his insane luck would mean people would believe him about it too. Doomguy... is an unstoppable force of nature. You can try telling him what to do or not do but you really have no means of stopping him.
>>
>>343675586
>Chief would listen to their bullshit, give a raspy one-liner, and then walk away while Cortana tells them that their plan is shit, they're shit, and to just let them handle it.

nice
>>
>>343675267
Doomguy would've probably started going on a one man genocide spree the second he stepped onto the Citadel since he would probably think that the aliens are demons.
>>
>>343675661
>The Mass Effect races just shoot Doomguy from a cannon into a Reaper
>The Reapers get BTFO by this tactic
>>
>>343675586
>every Chief conversation just has one response
>>
File: 1449180914299.jpg (274 KB, 780x918) Image search: [Google]
1449180914299.jpg
274 KB, 780x918
>>343674523
>>
>Doomguy

Kills everything, turns the Halo array in to one giant BFG, he'd also kill Didact as soon as he made eye contact.

In Mass Effect he kills everything, he wouldn't need a ship, he'd go through the Mass relays on his own and turn the Citadel in to one giant BFG he'd also kill all the Reapers as soon as he's made eye contact.

>Chief

Beats the Reapers in a completely different way compared to Shepard, because he found out how.

Would probably do OK in Doom world with the Halo 1 pistol.

>Shepard

Sleeps with the prophets, Tartarus, The Arbiter and the Gravemind. Negotiates peace through paragon path.

H-Doom but with Shepard, convinces demons to go back to hell through Paragon path.
>>
File: 1443283888128.png (157 KB, 481x394) Image search: [Google]
1443283888128.png
157 KB, 481x394
>>343676651
>sleeps with gravemind
>>
File: Quake_Live_Ranger_(2).jpg (304 KB, 1325x1043) Image search: [Google]
Quake_Live_Ranger_(2).jpg
304 KB, 1325x1043
>>343674523
>>343674602
Why does it have to be a SPACE Marine?
>>
>>343671649
>ME Universe
Doomguy thinks the aliens in the citadel are demons and you get to choose to blow up everything in either a red, green, or blue explosion.

Chief does his own thing and saves the day with no exploding good guys and he lookers at teh carnege he had createred eh said with a powerfull voice i hav done much god for wolrd much good

>Doom Universe
Shepard goes to hell, tries to fuck a demon, and dies.

Master Chief slowly but surely makes his way through hell making use of Dooms artillery of overpowered weapons.

>Halo Universe
If we're assuming they start in Chiefs shoes from the beginning of CE Shepard escapes the Pillar of Autumn but dies in the lifepod crash, if he made it farther he'd be eaten by the flood anyway.

Doomguy punches aliens up the butt through the Pillar of Autumn, hijacks the lifepod and purposely crashes onto a covenant patrol on the surface of Halo, once he rips and tears his way to the level 343 Guilty Spark, he encounters the flood and eats them, and then he avoids going to find captain keyes and goes straight to blow up the Pillar of autumn to destroy Halo.
>>
>>343672285
There's very little that doesn't curb stomp the ME universe.
>>
doomguy in mass effect = everyone starts losing their shit wondering who the fuck this one man apocalypse is, doomguy travels from place to place at breakneck speeds wiping out anything in his path that seems to threaten humanity, forces start mobilizing to intercept him but its all happening so fast that they're in disarray and nobody knows what the fuck to do
if anyone takes a pot shot at doomguy from a spaceship, he will survive and turn the next massive artillery he finds against whoever attacked him. he will demolish the reapers
the biggest danger to him would be getting bombarded from space with planet sized nukes but i think he could stay one step ahead of everyone else

shepherd in DOOM = pretty much fucked, can put up a decent fight early on but will be swarmed to death eventually; not agile enough, lacks superhuman endurance/strength, hell doesnt care about diplomatic abilities

doomguy in halo = the fight would be finished in record time as doomguy can do anything master chief can do except better, besides maybe stay out in the vacuum of space?? but nuDoom might have that covered
doomguy would amass a ton of human/covenant weaponry and go fucking ballistic, maybe even grabbing a shield generator (i dont know how those work, maybe it has to be built into his armor??)
but he's pretty much going to be faster than anything in that universe, all the covenant alien fuckers move like molasses. it would be even easier if doomguy has access to glory kills

master chief in DOOM = stands a chance, depending on how smart he can be with his two weapons and tank-like sluggishness
if he has good positioning and doesnt waste ammo he might avoid being caught out reloading, which could quickly lead to him being torn apart even through his shield

shepherd in halo = stands a chance, can work together with other humans to fuck up the covenant, will probably struggle with the flood but at least there's hope for him this time

master chief in mass effect = go home shepherd
>>
>>343677858
>he lookers at teh carnege he had createred eh said with a powerfull voice i hav done much god for wolrd much good
My fucking sides
>>
Oi dis be a gud thread humey
>>
>>343674523
they wouldn't be enemies but i thinks they would tolerate each other
doomguy would just kill any xenos he encounter
space marine in doom would be pretty funny a slow doom with the space marine shouting psalm to the glory of the emperor every 10 second
>>
>>343676071
Just like Fallout 4.
>>
>>343671649
>Doomguy having to solve problems in a game where you solve most problems by talking like Ass Effect
i hate to say it but i almost want to see a Doom visual novel by telltale
>>
>>343682007
it would only work if it was about some poor bastard caught up in a demon invasion
>>
File: image.png (104 KB, 276x230) Image search: [Google]
image.png
104 KB, 276x230
https://youtu.be/az2JQQSHRjM
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.