[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've always find disturbing how Nintendo practices what's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: satoru iwata.jpg (48 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
satoru iwata.jpg
48 KB, 1024x768
I've always find disturbing how Nintendo practices what's basically a cult of personality.
Some examples:

>Big companies like Valve, Sony, Microsoft, AMD, Nvidia and the like just use generic office drones to show their products and make their announcements; meanwhile Nintendo focuses entirely on exploiting the images of Reggie, Miyamoto and the late Iwata.

>Localization teams are just another area of a company's north-american branch. Meanwhile Nintendo calls it "Nintendo Treehouse", as a way to paint it as some kind of special organization.

What do you think, /v/?
>>
Kimishima will never host a direct.
>>
Nintendo markets towards kids. The best way to do that is to have le funny meme man make their announcements.
>>
>>343665058
Why is this disturbing to you?
>>
>>343665058

It shows, they have personality and don't hide from the people.

You prefer bussinessman plotting how to rip you off behind curtains?
>>
>>343665058
I think you're fucking stupid
>>
>>343665058
You are a retard. Nvidia has the most jewish marketing tactics I've ever seen. Nvidias marketing is to give closed source tools to game developers and gimp the performance of all products, including their own, sans the latest generation.
>>
>>343665693
Don't tell me you think Shigeru Miyamoto and co. are your friends and not businessman plotting how to rip you off behind curtains.
>>
>>343665058

They run so deep with this shit that they had ONE game to show at the fucking E3. Thing is, it works because they sell on name alone and they know it. Normies love their Zelda rehashes.
>>
>>343665184
>Kimishima will never roll with how people think he's a Yakuza boss
>>
>>343666065

I don't know them personally, but I like what I know. Company philosophy etc..
>>
>>343666542
That's because he is.
>>
>>343665058
>Nintendo has certain employees act as spokesmen
>This makes them a cult
What?
>>
>>343666065

There are a lot of rich people who rip people off. But why do you think every person is like that? Can't their be honest, rich people? Who happen to be wealthy, because they do a good job?
>>
>>343666652
That's just a fabricated image.
Those Nintendo men aren't different from people like Steve Jobs: they use their smile and charisma to trick you into buying their products.

I hope you enjoy paying $100 to scalpers so you can buy that Amiibo you need to unlock the on-disk content you already paid for.
>>
>>343666916
Here on /v/, we deflect praise for people working in the videogame industry, by reminding everyone that they work in the video game industry and are therefor scheming moneygrubbing jews who are plotting your demise.
>>
>>343666916
Yes, but we're on the most distrustful part of the internet so everybody has ulterior motives and wants to, for some inexplicable reason, destroy you.

I cannot understand the minds of people who actually think everybody is secretly a sadist who just wants to watch others suffer for their own personal gain.
>>
Wait? What about Ubisoft and Blackzilla?
>>
>>343667021
Steve Jobs never tricked me into buying anything, nor did people like Todd Howard.

This might be a crazy concept to you, but I actually like video games. I liked the faces of Nintendo not because they were them, but because I played the games which made me seek out who they were. Now I don't like the games so I don't care to listen to them.

It's the same for any and everything. Kaz Hirai didn't trick me into buying a PS3. I waited until it was a good value proposition for entertainment. You are a fucking retard if you are assuming we can only buy and enjoy things if we are brainwashed into liking it.
>>
>>343665058
You guys think that Iwata will present the NX this or next year? His accent is just too cute, can't wait for it!
>>
>>343667030
I love how /v/ claims to hate communism and at the same time they consider anything money-related to be Satan incarnated.
>>
>>343667030

I know, for activision this is more or less true, isn't it? But about Nintendo I heard not a lot of bad things.

Nintendo:

"Nintendo of America's Corporate Mission and Philosophy

At Nintendo we are proud to be working for the leading company in our industry. We are strongly committed to producing and marketing the best products and support services available. We believe it is essential not only to provide products of the highest quality, but to treat every customer with attention, consideration and respect. By listening closely to our customers, we constantly improve our products and services.

We feel an equal commitment toward our employees. We want to maintain an atmosphere in which talented individuals can work together as a team. Commitment and enthusiasm are crucial to the high quality of our products and support services. We believe in treating our employees with the same consideration and respect that we, as a company, show our customers."
>>
>>343667030

Activision:

"Why Activision Blizzard?

Our road to victory begins, as it always has, with talent. And at Activision Blizzard, we pride ourselves on not only attracting the best and brightest talent, but also on getting the best out of that talent once they are here. We do this by bringing world-class business processes and rigor to an industry of pure passion. By combining these two seemingly opposing forces, we have been able to achieve both creative excellence and commercial success.

The result of this philosophy obviously has great benefit to our employees in that, no matter what project you are working on at Activision Blizzard, it stands a solid chance of becoming a world-beater that makes a huge impact on popular culture. There are no short straws here. If we're making it, we're putting industry-leading resources, technology, and marketing might behind it. If you asked any employee at Activision Blizzard what our core business is, they could justifiably say, "We make blockbusters."

Because of our commitment to growing our talent, Activision Blizzard is a great place to build a career. We invite you to review our open roles to see if there's a good match. But be warned: our goals are nothing short of making entertainment history."
>>
>>343667820
>>343667980

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNdPPEwguDQ
>>
>>343667980
>>343667820
Oh yeah, companies totally adhere to that shit.

>Our Pledge
>Our Pledge is our commitment to how we do business. It is a declaration that compels us to listen more, to consider our actions and their impact broadly, and to lead responsibly. It helps us to convert our values into actions, and to make clear who we are and what we champion.
>Integrity
Integrity is the foundation for all that we do. Integrity includes honesty, decency, consistency, and courage. Building on those values, we are committed to:
>Dialogue
We will listen carefully to diverse points of view and engage in thoughtful dialogue. We will broaden our understanding of issues in order to better address the needs and concerns of society and each other.
>Transparency
>We will ensure that information is available, accessible, and understandable.
>Sharing
>We will share knowledge and technology to advance scientific understanding, to improve agriculture and the environment, to improve crops, and to help farmers in developing countries.
>Benefits
>We will use sound and innovative science and thoughtful and effective stewardship to deliver high-quality products that are beneficial to our customers and to the environment.
>Respect
>We will respect the religious, cultural, and ethical concerns of people throughout the world. The safety of our employees, the communities where we operate, our customers, consumers, and the environment will be our highest priority.

Guess the company
>>
>>343668531
Japanese Mafia?
>>
>>343666854

Look up what a cult of personality actually is you imbecile.
>>
>>343668983
>>343668531

Wait, didn't read it to the end. I guess it's monsanto, lol.

Well, some are lieers, I guess.
>>
>>343665058
It's called having a spokesman. It's not just something Nintendo do, but it's unusual that in Nintendo's case, most of their spokespeople were upper management, and not hated.
>>
>>343665058
>>Big companies like Valve, Sony, Microsoft, AMD, Nvidia and the like just use generic office drones to show their products and make their announcements; meanwhile Nintendo focuses entirely on exploiting the images of Reggie, Miyamoto and the late Iwata.

lol
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.