[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever feel out of touch? Yesterday I showed a young girl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 180x280) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 180x280
Do you ever feel out of touch?

Yesterday I showed a young girl Tetris for the gameboy and she called it boring. She likes Minecraft the best.
>>
Who cares what one little shit kid thinks.
>>
if a kid likes minecraft it's too late
>>
i would like to put my penis inside nanako.
>>
No, it's the children who are wrong.
>>
>>343658028
Sexualize the Nanako
>>
>>343658028
Are you honestly surprised that a child would find a more complex game (with far more content) more fun than a very simple one?
>>
>>343658028
No, you're just autistic if you though todays children would enjoy tetris.
>>
>>343658028
Anon, Tetris IS kinda boring. It's more well-regarded for its solid design and impact on video games than it being thrilling, and a child is not going to appreciate those things when there are other more engaging games to play.
>>
>>343658028
I remember my grandfather becoming mad when I reacted that way towards Nintendo games. He was mainly mad because he knew I was right. Unless a nation falls to third-world status, the children will have a more enriching experience than their parents.
>>
>>343658028
OP it's pretty obvious that a kid prefer a game where you can create anything you want over a 2D block stacker
>>
I was around when Tetris came out for the Game Boy and I thought it was boring. I still think it's boring, I don't get how can people spend more than a couple of minutes playing it.

Pokemon, Super Mario Land, Link's Awakening were the best the Game Boy had to offer.
>>
Show her Tetris the Grand Master
>>
>>343658028
Should have showed her Lumines
>>
>>343658028
Tetris is boring, play a real game like Picross
>>
>>343658028
Maybe she just doesn't like Tetris, not everyone does. Personally I'm not big on puzzle games myself.
>>
>>343658028
Good pasta. But anyway tetris is pretty boring after 5 minutes.
>>
>>343658028
minecraft is a million times more fun and engaging than tetris. i don't enjoy it very much myself, but i would have killed for a game like minecraft as a kid. it's a basically a virtual room full of toys
>>
File: study.png (477 KB, 1008x696) Image search: [Google]
study.png
477 KB, 1008x696
>>343659281
>>
I can understand that kids enjoy minecraft, but i just don't get e-"sports" and streaming, that sounds fucking stupid to me.
>>
>>343662947
got the panda link doggy?
>>
No one I know cares about video games at all, new or old, unless it's a Tony Hawk game. In my world, all of /v/ and the entire game industry is completely out of touch.
>>
If I had been shown Minecraft when I was 6 or 7 and then Tetris then I would have chosen Minecraft and don't lie OP, you would do it too
>>
File: .png (80 KB, 218x232) Image search: [Google]
.png
80 KB, 218x232
>>343658028
i never liked Tetris
same with oldschool Pac-Man games
>>
File: [Worried Laughter].jpg (15 KB, 520x678) Image search: [Google]
[Worried Laughter].jpg
15 KB, 520x678
>>343658028

>Going to get a haircut
>12 year old kid next to me starts talking to me once he sees I'm emulating Pokemon Leafgreen on my phone to pass the time
>See no harm in striking up a conversation while I wait for my haircut
>He's actually reasonably mature and smart for his age, I can tell that his family kind of neglects him; His father's in the military which makes a lot of sense to me when he mentions it
>Eventually subject leads to what our first console was
>He said his was PS3
>MFW It dawned on me in that moment how long 7th gen actually lasted
>"That's cool, well mine is Sega Genesis"
>"What's that?"
>"Well, it was a really old console, before your time."
>"So what's your favorite game?"
>"Long story, I have a lot of games I like but I have a lot of complaints about my 'Favorites'."
>"I understand. Mine's Call of Duty"
>Almost sperged out, but remembered he was 12 and actually very polite so figured he didn't deserve that
>"...Which one?"
>"4, I think they kinda stopped being as good after that"
>Surprisingly good taste
>Still felt out of touch as fuck at the fact that someone's first console was a PS3
>They never experienced a world without DLC
>They never experienced a world without microtransactions
>Never experienced a world without online functionality
>They have no context for how shit the industry has become

Talking to that kid kinda gave me a new perspective on why so many people shill stuff like DLC and all of that. Even the smarter 12 year olds don't know a world without this stuff, it makes more sense that they would defend it.
>>
>Our next generation is doomed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqhTxqsNn3I
>>
>>343659414
>>343659414
>Are you honestly surprised that a child would find a more complex game (with far more content) more fun than a very simple one?
What game you talking about Tetris has far more content then what?
>>
File: Starbutterfly12.jpg (620 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Starbutterfly12.jpg
620 KB, 1920x1080
>>343658028
I never had fun with tetris.
I remember playing it to pass time and thats all.
>>
File: vani vidi sensi.jpg (82 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
vani vidi sensi.jpg
82 KB, 500x598
>>343665029
Thats cute anon, but I now kids who never had any console at all, they are usually around 7yo or so, they only ever played with their parents smartphones and they only played Angry Birds/Candy Crush
I was legit shocked when I asked a kid about Pokémon and he told me he didnt know what a ''pokémon'' was.

This is fucked up, but we are talking about the generation that thinks being a ''GAYMURR'' means playing League of Legends/Minecraft/CSGO, these games will soon be ''neo-neo /v/'' core.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.