[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Playing Fallout: New Vegas again. Undecided on how to play it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: fallout-trex.jpg (399 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
fallout-trex.jpg
399 KB, 1920x1200
Playing Fallout: New Vegas again. Undecided on how to play it this time around.
Any tips on how to play it in unusual/interesting ways?
>>
be a legion scout/sniper

download caesars new regime mod

hardcore mode, only eat natural plants and foods (no salisbury steak etc.)

NO STIMPAKS (use healing powder)

NO BOTTLECAPS (uses caesars coins)
>>
>>343644332
get loli mods
play as a loli
>>
>>343644332
Use a mod that lets you re use throwing weapons, then do that.

Did this for a run and it is pretty entertaining and definitely a unique way to play it.
>>
mods. I made a "mad alchemist" build and at the start I'd use mostly dynamite and by the end I had energy beams perked with corona just making chain explosions then you chuck fire bombs and what have you

only draw back is you'll need a secondary in case shit gets too close, I generally use something with good limb damage
>>
Any point to using Wild Wasteland perk?
>>
Every time I play New Vegas I end up playing it the exact same way. It somehow manages to awaken the moralfag in me every time and I really can't fuck shit up and be an asshole.
>>
>>343647324
Certain items will only spawn with that perk, it's definitely the most useful
>>
this goes for whatever build you choose: write down a few simple motivations/goals for your character that feel distinct from your last playthrough, and stick to them while playing. For instance, maybe they hate ghouls with a passion because their family was torn to shreds by feral ghouls, so you kill/act rude to any ghould you come across. Simple things like that.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (137 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
137 KB, 1280x720
>>343647324
it's mostly just a zany humour perk
it can be pretty funny
>>
File: khan graffiti.png (740 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
khan graffiti.png
740 KB, 1024x1024
great khan playthrough

>melee weapons and crafted explosives
>keep a pair of NCR/Ranger armor on-hand at all times to sneak into towns and do quests
>always do drugs and make them when the opportunity arises
>10 END minimum

some of the most fun I've ever had with Knock Knock
>>
File: hunterthompsongun.jpg (22 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
hunterthompsongun.jpg
22 KB, 320x240
>>343644332
My favorite playthrough was my "Fear and Loathing" playthrough.

>I made my character look like Hunter S. Thompson,
>used revolvers,
>cowboy and drug related perks
>hardcore mode
>Tried to be constantly high on drugs

I also installed mods that give you more drugs and make them have strong visual effects.
>>
>>343647324
Let's you roleplay an insane character.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.