[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Fox 02 is already in development
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8
File: Star Fox Zero.jpg (14 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
Star Fox Zero.jpg
14 KB, 298x169
Nsider here.

The sequel to Star Fox Zero is already in development. No, the controls aren't changing... at least not the aiming controls. The big focus is making new and interesting set pieces based around the new control scheme. So for example, the new Macbeth stage encourages you to shift between flying around and ground combat to take out the train. In general, expect a lot more focus on shifting between the two for the single player.

And yes, there is a multiplayer mode this time. However, they're giving it a Star Fox Command type of deal where you can fly a lot of different ships and customize their performance stats. This is going to be a BIG part of the game.

Any questions?
>>
>>343643167
>Sells like shit because people don't want gyro controls.
>Make a sequel.
>Keep the controls that caused the game to not sell in the first place.
While fake, it's entirely something Nintendo would do.
>>
>>343643167

why?
>>
>>343643505
Because Miyamoto is a genius and Nintendos gimmicks are amazing. Don't you dare ever fucking question them again.
>>
>>343643368
Not only is it gyro its clunky gamepad gyro
>>
>>343643368
The controls weren't the problem. You clearly didn't play it.
>>
>>343643167
>Developing a sequel to a game that wasn't successful
>To a series that has only had one real successful game sales wise

Sure thing. Just let us enjoy our dead series.
>>
>>343643692
I don't care if they work. I don't want to play with gyro controls. I don't like them. Looking at sales numbers, most people don't either. Perhaps instead of shoehorning in a gimmick people haven't cared about for the past 4 years, they should have just tried to make a solid good game? Nah, fuck that. Let's just gimmick their shit up.
>>
File: 1457624671977.png (440 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1457624671977.png
440 KB, 640x480
>>343643368
Gyro is great. But tilting the gamepad paralell to the TV and then somehow divide your attention between the two screens? Awful, so don't even bother.
But the gyro? Nothing wrong with the gyro.

Star Fox Zero has tons of issues. Many of which are severe. And the game most certainly suffers a lot from it. But the gyro? People complaining so much about gyro controls specifically just reminds me of this old gem.
>>
>>343643167

Give up, Star Fox is dead and the only way you'll be seeing Fox and his friends again is in Smash.
>>
Give me TW102 first.
>>
>>343643869
>most people don't either

And yet Splatoon.
>>
>>343643167
Does your uncle work for Nintendo?
>>
>>343643869
You can almost entirely avoid the gyro controls, though. It's entirely possible to play the game as normal and then occasionally use them for quick bursts. They're a bit sluggish, though.

>>343643939
You don't really need to tilt the gamepad parallel to the TV.
>>
>>343644030
You aren't forced to use gyro in Splatoon. Because the devs weren't retarded.
>>
Why do people care about Star fox? Its such a shit series.
>>
>>343643167
>Nsider here.
does you're dad work for Nintendo?
>>
>>343644124
And despite this most people use the gyro.
>>
Star Fox only had one good game in the entire series, let it die.
>>
>>343643869
I don't like keyboard+mouse and I find it the worst way to play videogames, but I understand my opinion isn't the absolute truth on earth. If a game forces me to use both, I simply don't play it instead complaining on imageboards "FUCK THIS GAME IT SUCKS WORST GAME EVER".
>>
>>343643869

Star Fox Zero is a good solid game and the vast majority of improvements it made to the gameplay are directly tied to the new control scheme.

It's not like Splatoon where the gyro replaces the right analog, in Star Fox Zero it's the equivalent of having three analog sticks. So whether you want to play it with gyro or not doesn't matter because it's not optional.
>>
>>343643869
>Better controls
>a gimmick
You guys are more stubborn than Miyamoto.
>Sales number is proof no one likes motion controls
I guess sales numbers is proof no one likes reguar controls since Wonderful 101 sold even worse?

>>343644124
Yes you are, you literally cannot beat the singleplayer campaign without it.
And if you go online, you're going to be shockingly bad.
>>
>>343644328
This
>>
File: Idiot_Box_045__1_.png (154 KB, 428x306) Image search: [Google]
Idiot_Box_045__1_.png
154 KB, 428x306
I haven't played this game but I have a question for those who did. Did the gyro controls do anything differently that couldn't be achieved with just the wiimote w/ nunchuk? I get that it's two different views, but I don't see why they couldn't map a button on the wiimote to switch between the two views on the tv screen.
>>
>>343644304
That's what I'm saying. Give people the option to not use the gyro, not force it down their throat. However, forcing things down peoples throats is the only thing Nintendo knows how to do nowadays.
>>
>>343644328
>Playin real hard
>Adjust sitting position
>gyro thinks I'm aiming and I miss vital shots
Thanks nintendo
>>
>>343643167
Fake as hell. You could've at least tried to make a convincing rumor, tard.
>>
>>343644114
>You don't really need to tilt the gamepad parallel to the TV.
I was exaggerating. The divide between the two screens is still one if not the biggest flaw of the game.
Tilting it parallel to the TV is amusingly how the game has been promo:d in just about every promo shoot I am familiar with though. It's probably how it was intended to be played, but I'll just repeat what I said earlier, don't bother.
>>
>>343644464
The game was designed around the gyro for obvious reasons. It plays better this way. If you can't get used to, I believe the game just isn't for you, like many other cases of people disliking FPS games regardless of the control scheme just because they either hate the camera or movement. I know people who refuse to play Metroid Prime just because it's a first-person view game.

See >>343644328
>>
>>343644462
I'm not certain you would have enough buttons using remote+nunchuk (or at least, it would be terribly uncomfortable to use if you did).
>>
>>343644670
Well, that's why I just use the "gyro when shooting" mode. I'd much rather play the game like normal and only sometimes have to shift focus.
>>
>>343644462
Sort of.
With wiimote, you have an IR-pointer, and if you want to rotate out your FOV, you have to move to the edge of the screen. This is not the case with WiiU's gyro.
But the biggest problem with the Wiimote+Nunchuck is the lack of buttons.

You need
>Speed up
>Slowdown
>Shoot (obviously)
>Turn left faster, turn right faster
>Bomb
>somersault/barrelroll
>Possibly a center-view button
>Transform between flying/walker

I'm still pretty shocked the wiimote didn't have BYX buttons around the A button.
>>
File: Star Fox Zero Dodora.jpg (66 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Star Fox Zero Dodora.jpg
66 KB, 1280x720
>>343644462
>Did the gyro controls do anything differently that couldn't be achieved with just the wiimote w/ nunchuk?

Yes it did. The right analog stick has the boost, break and sharper turns assigned to it. Frequently you'd have points in the game where you'd need to boost while firing at a weak point on a moving target in all range mode.

The game is designed in a way that has you use the left stick, right stick, gyro simultaneously and all the shoulder and trigger buttons have commands assigned to them. The control scheme would be seriously be gimped if you removed the gyro.
>>
>>343644753
>It plays better this way!
>It sold amazingly because it's a perfect game from based Nintendo!
>Don't you worry, they won't kill the franchise due to low sales and blame it on the fans, haha!
>They'd never not take the blame!
>fuck
>>
>>343643167
>controls aren't changing
So gamepad confirmed for NX or you're full of shit likely the latter
If they do make a sequel, then multiplayer is a must. That was really the only thing that kept Zero from being great. It would be cool if Zero-2 had the characters from SF2 as well.
>>
>>343643368
It sold like shit because people pretended as if the controls were broken, when they really weren't.

It doesn't matter, however. Nintendo is more than confident in the controls in and of themselves.

This isn't a series for casuals, as Nintendo views it.
>>
>>343645080
It's a Wii U game. NX is a new handheld. In general, you can expect a number of cross platform releases, but 02 isn't one of them.
>>
Why do you retards believe this obvious troll?
>>
File: 1354163023859C.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1354163023859C.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>the two screens and inaccurate aiming are unworkable in All Range Mode
>80% of the game is All Range Mode
>>
>>343645128
It sold like shit because there isn't any content
>>
>Franchise is a rail shooter, best games in series is the rail shooter ones
>YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA? LETS MAKE MAJORITY OF THE GAME TAKE PLACE IN ALL RANGE MODE (Not a rail shooter) FORCE LOCK ON TO BOSSES SO YOU HAVE TO FLY AWKWARDLY AND FORCE YOU TO USE COCKPIT MODE INSTEAD OF IT BEING A OPTION LIKE IN 64!
>BRILLIANT! LETS ALSO MAKE LEVELS TINY, MAKE ALTERNATE PATHS PRACTICLY USELESS MAKE TEAMMATES USELESS AND REMOVE PUNISHMENT IF YOU LET THEM DIE, SLOW THE FEW RAIL SECTIONS DOWN TO A CRAWL, AND FORCE A REALLY STUPID CONTROL SCHEME ON YOU THAT YOUR FORCED TO USE EVERYTIME YOU WANNA PLAY
>Don't forget to assign actions to stupid places like barrel roll and tilt on the same stick, voices through game pad that get drowned out by the music and retarded vehicles like the Gyrocopter!

Zero was a disaster I'm glad it bombed
>>
>>343645225
I figured NX will be a handheld, but I don't see the Wii U lasting much longer, unless SF02 is a 2017 game.
>>
>>343645128
It sold like shit because people didn't like what Nintendo was offering. A control scheme they didn't want. Regardless of how well it works, people didn't want it. Much like most of Nintendos offerings nowadays. You can spout how sales don't matter all you want, but their shit sells like shit and will continue to sell like shit until their head is removed from their ass.
>>
File: space pirate.gif (6 KB, 48x46) Image search: [Google]
space pirate.gif
6 KB, 48x46
>>343643167
>nintendo NX coming out and it's already confirmed not to be wii u2
>shitposter-kun thinks he can fool anyone
>>
>>343645080
There really is a lack of dogfighting games, even on PC.

>>343644936
We already responded to this post earlier. W101 sold even worse and uses traditional responds. Even TMS sold horrible. No one buys anything unless it's mario or zelda and it's fairly bullshit.

>>343645254
cockpit view is pinpoint accurate though
>>
>>343644417
I've never used the Gyro controls, yet I've beaten the campaign easily. Stop pulling shit from your ass just because you're terrible at the game.
>>
File: Your Goggles, sir.png (129 KB, 400x293) Image search: [Google]
Your Goggles, sir.png
129 KB, 400x293
>>343645367
>"Hey now that we have a control scheme lets make a Sta Fox game that actually makes use of 3D Space and fully realizes All Range Mode"- Miyamoto
>"REE NOOO IT SHOULD JUST BE ON-RAILS WITH THE SAME GAMEPLAY AS A SNES GAME, THE SNES GAME WAS FINE, THE N64's LIMITED ALL-RANGE MODE WAS GOOD BECAUSE. LETS HAVE ALL THE BOSSES FLY BACKWARDS DESPITE THE FACT WE DONT HAVE ANY TECHNICAL CONTROLL LIMITATIONS BECAUSE NOSTALGIA"
>>
File: 1433124070035s.jpg (4 KB, 125x101) Image search: [Google]
1433124070035s.jpg
4 KB, 125x101
>>343643167
>the stupid chicken walker is going to be pushed even harder
>>
>>343644889
>>343644872
That's not really what he was asking.
The wiimote could easily replace the gyro control as far as aiming goes.
Sure it wouldn't be confortable because of all the other controls such as barrel rolls, boost and stuff, but that's another story.
>>
>>343645531
>I've never used the Gyro controls, yet I've beaten the campaign easily. Stop pulling shit from your ass just because you're terrible at the game.
But that's what you're doing.

>>343645367
Now these are legit good complaints. You can easily tell the difference between someone who played the game and hates it and someone who didn't play it and hates it, and you definitely played it.

>>343645387
It sold like shit because nobody cares about Platinum, Star Fox, or WiiU.
Also
>Tells other people to get head out of their ass
That's the literal definition of irony.
>>
>>343645673
>That's not really what he was asking.
I answered the difference between aiming went. Dont go acting like I didn't.
>With wiimote, you have an IR-pointer, and if you want to rotate out your FOV, you have to move to the edge of the screen. This is not the case with WiiU's gyro
There is a difference between IR-pointing and WiiU's gyro controls. It would work, but not as well.
>>
>>343645638
Stop samefaging you fucking retard.
>>
>>343645749
>Wii U
That's why the games sold like shit. That's the major reason. Nobody wants a Wii U because Nintendos offerings aren't worth it to them. Nintendos games aren't all utter shit, but when you go half a six to twelve months without a worthwhile title? Nobody is going to care about purchasing your machine. You're pushing the blame of Nintendo being shit onto everyone else for not gobbling up the Wii U. That's stupid.
>>
>>343645531
Upload a video of the last boss then and not using gyro controls.
>>
>>343645860
I see what you mean, but I imagined if you could aim with your wiimote on the non cockpit view, you wouldn't have to move the camera with the pointer.
>>
>>343645593
You are a fucking idiot if you don't realize how bad all range mode is in this game. Forcing target lock on at all times on bosses is stupid and forces you to either look up at your TV and gamepad constantly in order to avoid enemy fire while trying to fly straight or constantly switch view points with minus which is annoying

Console limitations or not it's a lot more enjoyable to fight bosses in rail mode. 64 had bosses in All range but because you could fly as you please without a lock on and you weren't forced to use the cockpit view it wasn't a shit chore.

Star Fox isn't a space flight sim it's a dogfighting rail shooter so I want to shoot on rails
>>
>>343645959
who am i supposedly samefagging?
>>
>>343646085
Are you serious I'm not him and I never used Gyro in Splatoon and I had zero trouble with the game. The final boss isn't hard at all, nor is the story. I got to A+ before I stopped playing and that was before the S rank update and no I didn't use rollers. It's totally possible to play Splatoon with normal controls if you want you shitter
>>
>>343646085
I don't have a capture card, but it was pretty easy for me once I knew what I had to do in the first place. No idea what your obsession with the gyro controls is. They don't help much, they're not necessary, the analog sticks are just fine.
>>
>Nsider
>>
>>343645382
Wii U is planned to last until 2017. 02 will be out by then.

>>343646184
>The all range mode is bad meme

I swear, none of Zero's most vocal critics have even played this game. And Nintendo thinks that as well, hence why they have never even considered changing the controls for the game.
>>
No Starfox Adventures sequel?
>>
>>343650268
Ever wonder why Krystal wasn't in Zero?
>>
>>343651021
Because Treehouse doesn't want soggyknees female characters pushing sales?
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.