[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how the fuck did a few guys who made Halo machinima turn into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 512x512
So how the fuck did a few guys who made Halo machinima turn into a huge content driving force with movies, anime, and a bunch of other spinoff channels like AH and FH?
>>
>>343638953
by doing a shit ton of work

but I'm curious to see what kind of conspiratorial reasons /v/ comes up with. I'm sure someone will say Microsoft paid for them to get as big as they are.
>>
File: capsnk2-king-01.jpg (57 KB, 400x750) Image search: [Google]
capsnk2-king-01.jpg
57 KB, 400x750
Because, thanks to the raise of youtube and the belief that every snowflake is a potential star waiting to be discovered, standards have never been lower in entertainment. It is not the quality of the product what drives popularity anymore. Tt is the pathetic belief that one day you too, without effort or education, could be famous.

Truly, standards have never been lower.
>>
>>343638953
Something something Xbox shills. I'd shill too if Halo helped me get rich

Jokes aside they jumped aboard the internet video before Youtube so they established themselves super early. They're usually funny and decent businessmen. Also the foresight of getting the name Let's Play. Overall cool guys.
>>
>>343639401
There is no standard for entertainment, retard. Different people like different things.
>>
>>343639401
They made videos before Youtube was a "thing". But I guess some people just think their entertainment is better than the entertainment of others when that's just a completely arbitrary and subjective thing.
>>
>>343639142
>Curious to see what kind of conspiratorial reasons /v/ comes up with

Hello new friend
>>
i remember rewatching red vs blue when it first came out it was so fresh and original when machinima was new but now i cant even watch it anymore or and machinma in general.

i make exceptions for the rare SFM that sometimes comeout from randoms that arnt completely cringeworthy
>>
>>343639142
them basically being the first halo machinama allowed them to define the genre however they pleased. and while most people aren't allowed to profit from microsoft machinama they are an exception.
>>
>>343639605
>I know, I'll just call him a newfag

Not him, but how does saying that make him new?
>>
>>343639707
SAME

Thier little story and comedic humor in rvb kept me entertained. Then with the over implimentation of cgi i lost interest.
Now the entire community is just so cringeworthy. I made an rvb "account" at the dawn of social media in like 2004 i go back now and all i see is highschool kids furfags, all the flith youd expect to like RWBY and minecraft videos. The "rooster teeth" brand exclusively caters to kids and extreme betas.
>>
>>343640262
Never once has anyone claimed that Rooster Teeth were paid off or funded by Microsoft or some giant corporation. Even in the threads that have popped up recently the general consensus is that they're one of if not the first machinima makers that let them capitalize on the market and that they've massively degraded in quality since their beginnings.
>>
>>343640586
Well, they probably weren't fumded by microsoft back then, but bungie definitely loved sucking their dicks constantly towards the end of their run with halo.
>>
Good marketing.
Cult-like marketing, even. By balancing between the e-celeb status of guys "just like you" and the "professional" image as an animation production company, they create a fan culture that seeks acceptance, acknowledgement and adherence to a group that is simultaneously your friends and a bigger, "real" corporation.

As a result their fans are more dogmatic than normal and negative feedback is more easily silenced through othering dissenters.

It's fucking creepy, really, but it's part of internet age marketing.
>>
>>343638953
By doing all sorts of different things at once
>>
>>343638953
Youtube is so big now, there won't be any new e celebs. Most of these guys have been posting at least during 2010
>>
>>343640306
>extream betas
Why the fuck are you posting on /v/ APLHA man? should you not be fucking bitches and talking about cars and smashing beer on your head?

Don't give a shit about RT
>>
>>343642926
Yeah I remember when my reccommend video in the side bar was random shit based on tags but now's it's all shit I've already seen
>>
>>343642926
>>343644758
Remember when youtubecwas mostly home videos?

Now it's all corporate shilling and partnerships
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.