[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I'm really sick of Nintendo policies and support for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: unnamed (3).png (53 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (3).png
53 KB, 511x288
So, I'm really sick of Nintendo policies and support for my country and I decided to hack this shit and stop wasting money.

I have a New 3DS XL 11.0.33U with a shitload of games I don't wanna lose my saves. I partially hacked it before with smea hacks such as Ironhax, but that only allowed to run crappy homebrew and custom themes.

I have: VVVVVV, OoT (cart) and SSB4 (cart) and I see these are needed to the downgrade process. My questions are:

>What are the risks of fucking things up in the downgrade process? What are the critical steps where brick chances are high?

>Will I lose access to NNID information such as my e-shop titles, balance, badge collection and themes?

>Will I be permanently locked from officially updating the system? I mean, for accessing e-shop and such which required updates and certain games as Pokémon Shuffle and Badge Arcade.

>What about general online services? Playing SSB and other conpetitive games?

>More importantly: How do I access the hacked functionalities? Is that trhough shitty methods as Ironhax? Or there's a safe entry point that will never be locked by Nintendo's updates?

Tutorials and links appreciated. I found a few places explaining stuff but getting the whole shit together for my specific hardware and firmware is still confusing.
>>
>>343635251
Ask in the homebrew thread on /vg/

You're welcome.
>>
Whatever you do don't ask those dickbags on /vg/.
They'll just tell you to read the 40 links posted on the wiki to find the one outdated one you need.
>>
>>343635526
>>343635606
So?
>>
>>343635251
You can't downgrade on that system version. Only with a hardmod.
>>
>>343635251
>11.0.33U
You aren't going to be able to downgrade without a hardmod.
>>
>>343635251
Pirating games is illegal and immoral
>>
>>343636053
>>343636070
Thank you very much!
>>
>>343636214
What are you doing here mr SJW?
>>
>11.0.33U

Depending on how far you want to go:

- Give that 3DS back and get one with a lower firm. 11.0 is impossible to hack atm.

- Learn to solder and do hardmods to force a downgrade.

- Wait and pray the 11.0 is hackable and hackers figure it out.

Those are the really the only options. Once you are below 11.0, follow this https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
>>
>>343636214

Such a cunning argument, Anon! Both me and OP have now changed their ways and will give more money to a company that doesn't have support at all in some countries because of your one sentence where one part is debatable and the other one is a lie! Bravo!

Fuck Off
>>
>>343635251
>hacking out of spite
Just admit you're poor, stupid. Hacking out of spite is not a thing as it does not hurt the company 99.9% of the time.
>>
File: 1465118158675.jpg (31 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
1465118158675.jpg
31 KB, 601x508
>>343638423

>Hacks out of spite
"Jokes on you anon, this won't do anything to the company. You are poor, pathetic and miserable"

>Downloads one game for whatever reason
"CONGRATULATIONS ANON, YOU'RE THE REASON SATORU IWATA DIED. NOW THE COMPANY WON'T KNOW THE GAME IS GOOD AND WILL STOP MAKING SEQUELS AND/OR GO BANKRUPT"
>>
>>343638798
By "hacking" I mean CFWing for the sake of piracy, idiot.
>>
>>343636364
>anti-piracy
>SJW
alright now this shittu is getting ridiculous
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.