[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are the Tales games? Zestiria is on sales and was thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (190 KB, 1131x707) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190 KB, 1131x707
How are the Tales games? Zestiria is on sales and was thinking of it. Excited about the next one coming soon?
>>
Zestiria arguably the most boring Tales game yet.

You'd be better off with Vesperia, Abyss, or Symphonia as your first Tales game.
>>
>>343635012
>Vesperia
Sadly no 360
>Abyss
How's the 3DS?
>Symphonia
Heard really bad things about the PC version. Is it better?
>>
The earlier ones storywise are extremely cliche yet somewhat endearing. For me they were one of the first instances of sort of an action combat in a rpg style.
My personal favorite is xillia 1/2 even if I think theyre quite low quality.
If you have a hacked 3ds you can enjoy abyss that way but I suggest emulating all the others that you can.

Sadly I don't think zestiria is that good but I probably just need to give it another try. No harm in pirating before you buy I think.
Lailah and milla are some of the best females characters ive seen in vidya so theres that
>>
>>343635240
emulate abyss, symphonia PC is fine if you download the fix
>>
>>343635503
Link for the fix
>>
File: what's his coffee again.png (220 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
what's his coffee again.png
220 KB, 500x500
Coffee tonight?
>>
more best girl coming through
>>
>>343636805
https://steamcommunity.com/app/372360/discussions/0/412446292759260120/
>>
File: image.png (222 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
image.png
222 KB, 720x720
>>343637141
That's not Mikleo
>>
>>343635012
this

also, I am excited for Berseria
the reason being that I'm hoping they have a better story and characters in comparison to Zestiria
also the gameplay looks fun
>>
>>343634749

Phantasia is a classic that pushed the snes to it's limit to the point it almost looks and feel like an early psx game (it has even some dubbed line) the remake on psx was fantranslated and it's a great classic rpg

Symphonia was a nice game despite the dumb plot about elves racism and some extremely corny moment (I LIED)

Vesperia it's the best 360 game and the last great JRPG ever made

all the other tales game are shit
>>
>>343634749
Symphonia has the best story out of all the ones ive played so far, and it's my favorite, i'd strongly recommended it, and i mean, the guy who voices robin in teen titans voices the MC, so that's cool too
>>
Most Tales games are great. Zestiria is absolute shit.
>>
OP here. Seem everyone feel Zestiria isn't good. What makes it so bad?
>>
>Tales of Heart R is on sale
>No idea if it's good because it's compared to the DS game
>>
>>343640160
It's just boring, everyting from the story, the combat, the dungeons, the world exploration, the characters, the story, everything about this game is boring.
>>
>>343640160
Comparing in to other tales games
>It's story isn't the best and is full of contradictions and inconsistencies
>The characters are not the most memorable
>The gameplay feels restricted especially compared to Graces f
>The graphics have been reused for over 5 years now with no noticeable improvement
>lack of post game content and costumes

it was marketed as an anniversary title but clearly with no polish, investment, or effort
just rushed out the door without trying to be anything great
>>
>>343640429
Hearts R is pretty good though the English translation is weird and slightly innacurate.
>>
>>343640992
Is the AI as shit as the other Tales of?
Only played Vesperia and I had to put them on always defend so they wouldn't die all the time
>>
>>343634749
Phantasia would be my most play of the series, is great in want it wanted to accomplish and story actually goes somewhere.

I enjoyed Abyss for what it was, but don't take the characters seriously at all. They are written like trash and the plot doesn't help them at all the main character is the worse piece shit

Symphonia I never finished because never had the time, but for what I played it's a good game. Combat system was great and loved the characters. The plot is dumb as fuck but whatever. don't play the dlc please.
>>
>>343634749
>Excited about the next one coming soon?
Got it pre-ordered, will take the day off work to play it. Just over a month to go now!
>>
>>343640160
Nothing, the /v/ hivemind hates Zestiria and will attack you if you actually enjoyed the game.
>>
Symphonia/Vesperia are without a doubt the best games in the series.

I honestly doubt they will ever top them, at least not anytime soon.
>>
>>343641173
The AI is fucking terrible. Always keep healing items in stock.
>>
>>343641691
Oh well, won't buy it then.
>>
What made Vesperia so well liked? Best combat system?
>>
>>343635503
Vesperia was the last good one.
>>
>>343643634
Gameplay is decent.
First third of the game has a great story, great pacing, great characters. Then it all goes to shit, not even Yuri can save it
>>
>>343643634
It's the last Tales game that was generally well-rounded on all fronts. Good combat, likable cast, great artstyle, tons of content. Even the 360 version that people like to call a "beta" is better than most Tales that came out afterwards. Story shits itself later on, but Tales never has good stories.
>>
File: fuse.webm (343 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
fuse.webm
343 KB, 500x280
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.