[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you do when no matter how much time you spend on a game,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Wiki-background.jpg (186 KB, 790x599) Image search: [Google]
Wiki-background.jpg
186 KB, 790x599
What do you do when no matter how much time you spend on a game, you can't improve in it?
>>
You can improve in Mount and Blade, you just need to spend a shitload of time playing it.
>>
>>343632745
I can't get enough renown to become a vassal, I can't get enough money to buy a fief because I'm shit in tournaments and I I can't aim.

Is this game just not for me?
>>
>>343632934
Just make a new character and pick the top option for every question in the character creator, it lets you start off with enough renown to become a vassal pretty quickly. I was fucking dogshit at it when I first started playing, and after a few months of playing my best character ended up breaking 100k denars after 5 in game years.

Just build an army, ransack some villages of a faction that a kingdom you like is at war with, fight some bandits, win some tournaments, then ask to be a mercenary.
>>
>>343632934
just grind bandits at first, then move to rob some caravans from a nation you do not wish to become a vassal of, grind some sea raiders and boom
>>
>>343633273
Also, I didn't figure this out until about 20 hours of playing, but the "take a walk around town" option lets you talk to the guild leader who gives you quests that usually don't pay that much but give you a fuckload of experience. That's also how you buy your own land, I think the cheapest thing you can get is a brewery for 2000 and that nets you about 150 a week so even if you get wrecked and lose all your troops, you'll still have a source of income

Try reducing the damage you take from enemies as well in the options menu, the default is set on the second hardest difficulty tier
>>
File: 1452537052463.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1452537052463.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>343633452
>>343633273
should I focus on upgrading a small amount of soldiers early on or just getting as many as possible?
>>
Furthest I ever made it was in the sengoku jidai mod for warband. Got to a point when the Lord of one of the factions started issuing impossible to complete quests. Had my own fief and everything. Just wish I didn't hit a glass ceiling in terms of progress.

Also defeating all 50 guys in the survival tournament does wonders for renown. It just takes alot of practice
>>
how the fuck do i git gud at mp?

i swear my sword just goes straight through people sometimes then they just annihilate me
>>
>>343632934
>Being shit at tournaments

But they're literally free money D:
>>
>>343634189
Get as many recruits as you can, ram your face into bandits and upgrade the survivors. Then fill the missing slots with more recruits from villages (or low level peasant in tavern)
>>
>>343632662
i quit it and do something else or switch to other game. if it doesnt work out. fuck it.
you´re supposed to get entertained not pissed and if you wanted a real challenge you´d push your job career forward
>>
>>343632934
Just get pretty good at combat and spam tournaments when possible

Easy money and renown
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.