[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you give badly reviewed games a chance?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 4rhgz.png (15 KB, 862x154) Image search: [Google]
4rhgz.png
15 KB, 862x154
Do you give badly reviewed games a chance?
>>
I have EYE a chance and really liked it, even before it became a meme on /v/.
>>
Reviews were meaningless to me 10 years ago and they are even more so now

>>343625428
E.Y.E got bad reviews?
Who would do such a thing
>>
>>343625213
I don't usually read reviews, since I hardly every buy games at full price. If I do buy at full price, it's because I've been caught by hype, so I'm gonna be buying on release anyway.
>>
I don't read reviews, I'll watch some gameplay vdieos on youtube and if it seems like a fun game then I'll buy it.
>>
File: 1466069361382.jpg (29 KB, 309x326) Image search: [Google]
1466069361382.jpg
29 KB, 309x326
>caring about reviews in the age of youtube gameplay videos
>>
File: 1466640881249.png (530 KB, 932x2415) Image search: [Google]
1466640881249.png
530 KB, 932x2415
>>343625213

>caring about reviews
>>
>>343627050
this chick reminds me of that one blond girl who is fisting another girl while looking at the camera and smiling

I've forgotten both their names
>>
>>343627050
Youtube footage is shit because everyone sucks at what they play, you rarely get someone who's legitimately good at a game so your perception of the gameplay is heavily biased on the players shit style of play.
>>
File: Attitude.png (421 KB, 741x885) Image search: [Google]
Attitude.png
421 KB, 741x885
>>343625213
Star Fox Zero turned out to be a pretty solid recreation of Lylat Wars.

Devils Third was a mess, but actually pretty damn fun to play. Lowest difficulty so that I didn't have to replay sections too often, or achieve any sort of mastery.

So yes.
>>
>>343627353
still better than a written review buy a guy you don't even see play, who is probably just as shit as the other youtubers. i'd rather watch them than just reading about their expierecne. since you have no way of knowing if the reviewer is any good at the game
>>
>>343627124
I want to replay this game but then I remember the weapon grind.
>>
I dont read or watch reviews. I try games myself to see if they are good. How do I choose them? By looking at gameplay and artstyle (graphics are irrelevant to me).
>>
>>343625213
Depends on why they're badly reviewed. Right now superhot is getting bombed with negative reviews because the VR stuff is going to be oculus exclusive, as someone with an oculus this isn't a negative for me.
>>
>>343625213
It depends who gave the bad review? Is it /v/? Absolutely /v/ has no taste in games and places garbage like Overwatch, Dark Souls, Nuclear Throne, and Undertale. Is it a good reviewer? Maybe I won't give the game a chance.
>>
File: drinking.png (169 KB, 850x432) Image search: [Google]
drinking.png
169 KB, 850x432
>>343627787
Embrace it, embrace the grind

and maybe drink a little or a lot while grinding
>>
>>343625213
>"I enjoyed it therefore it's good"

Yeah and faggots and queers enjoy getting buttfucked that doesn't means the rest of the normal population do.
>>
>caring about reviews in any way, shape or form
Kill yourself immediately.
>>
I never listen to reviews. A lot of them are paid to give games good reviews anyway
>>
>>343625213
I give almost any game at least a month or two after release to hear some consensus on its quality after any hypemen and shitposting detractors have moved on.

After waiting, I get the benefit of
>seeing actual competent players showing off some gameplay, allowing me to judge whether or not the game is really fun
>If singleplayer, I'll wait for YEARS (not like I'll miss anything) after any/all DLC is out and I can get the full package cheap
>If multiplayer, the chaff has gotten bored and I get to fight the remainder who have mostly bothered to learn the game
>>
>>343625213
Reviews are worthless, unless you're looking at something obscure.

If you know about video games there are no real surprises. Everything is how it looks if you pay attention.
>>
>>343628287
I'm sure you'd enjoy it, too ;)
>>
I don't read reviews

just look at gameplay videos
>>
>>343628287
>oy vey goy why aren't you listening to our opinion
>>
>>343625213
I've never put much stock in reviews, games seem much more subject to personal opinion than other media in my experience.
>>
>>343625617
People who liked Deus Ex.
>>
Of course. I don't rely on reviews to tell me if I can enjoy a game or not. Some of my most enjoyed games (austism handholding simulator Amy) have been destroyed in reviews.
>>
>>343628006
>as someone with an oculus this isn't a negative for me.
>I want my 600 headset to be restricted instead of playing what I want where I want it

Average Facebook user everybody.
>>
>>343628287
>"I enjoyed it therefore it's good"

If the person has a decent enough argument which is strongly supported by evidence I don't see why not. Star Fox Zero is a good example since most of the players who got to grips with the controls acknowledge it as a very good game and there's examples of what the new control scheme provided as early as the first stage.

A lot of people who hate it just plug their ears with their fingers and spout the same mantras "Forced Motion control", "bad controls" or attack it for being short.
>>
I don't touch anything that gets less than 88 on metacritic since I'm not autistic and don't have time to play every shitty game to see whether it's actually good or not.
>>
>>343631739
Not to mention that even once the Rift gets its tracked controllers, they'll only work in front of you. Developers are being told to expect and account for standing-only use with roughly 180 degree rotation on the spot.
>>
>>343625213

I played star ocean 5 which was shit and technomancer was decent.
>>
>>343625213
Reviews are pointless and misleading.
My philosophy is *try before buy*.
No way i am trusting some payed shill.I only trust myself.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.