[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dank Souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
File: IMG_20160703_180438.jpg (592 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160703_180438.jpg
592 KB, 1920x1080
>... for nothing can defend from Darkdrift.

NO ONE IS SAFE

TAKE YOUR LIVES BEFORE SOMEONE TAKES IT FOR YOU

What is your favorite weapon in DSIII? It's been a while since the game came out so surely you've all found your chosen one.
>>
i can only use black knight glaive in pvp
shit with everything else
>>
Dankdrift is fun to use. I liked the Sword of Judgement a lot even before the patch. Artorias' sword is super fun to play with.

I haven't had a chance to play with any black knight weapons yet. It may be just because it was NG+3 that I fought one last, but they're some really tough cunts.
>>
>>343618259
Is yours the darkdrift?
>>
In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks.

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Fun PvP covenants that were unique

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Rat covenant providing two unique optional areas for pvp that heavily involve the environment for pharros lockstone farming

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and gain items from NG+ without grinding through the whole game again
>>
Profaned Greatsword has been my bae since release, even with all the many downsides of Ultra weapons.
>>
>>343619164
As fate would have it, it certainly is.
>>
File: 1463983699054.png (181 KB, 540x417) Image search: [Google]
1463983699054.png
181 KB, 540x417
>>343619409
Yeah, this was good. I'm also upset with how bare DaS3 is. The DLC will make up for that but it's still DLC and we still have to wait for it to come out.

I miss twinblades as well.
>>
>>343619409
you don't need to defend your shit game here. FROM will never pay you
a few points are valid, but it was still ass overall
>>
>>343620016
N O T H I N G

I don't have a favorite weapon yet, but I like the Bardiche and the Zweihander. If it wasn't for the WA of the corvian scythe it would be perfect.
>>
>>343619409
I'm with you on most of these, but trying to sell the rat covenant and farming as something postive comes off a little strange, mate
>>
>>343619409
>fighting 3vs1
>cannot heal with estus
>they just keep me away from a damaged phantom while he heals with miracles
fuck you and fuck your shit game
>>
What is the current meta?

I ended up liking the Lothric Knight Long Spear after the Greatlance became non-viable.
>>
File: favoritesoulsweapons.png (187 KB, 564x511) Image search: [Google]
favoritesoulsweapons.png
187 KB, 564x511
>>343618259
I made a collage of my favorites across the series just for occasions like this.
>>
File: gotthard_twinswords.png (19 KB, 189x257) Image search: [Google]
gotthard_twinswords.png
19 KB, 189x257
The aesthetics of the gotthards twins swords is fucking great
>>
File: 1459369623469.jpg (17 KB, 242x283) Image search: [Google]
1459369623469.jpg
17 KB, 242x283
>>343618259
>lets nerf everything so even less weapons will be useful, leaving everything else as a useless collection of junk

the fuck do the people working on this game be thinking?
>>
>>343622038
The nerfs have all been insignificant this far, quit being a big baby.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.