[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I see all sorts of threads about which is the best GTA game,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
I see all sorts of threads about which is the best GTA game, but which is the WORST 3D era game? What about HD era? And overall?
>>
Bump. My money goes to Liberty City Stories. Nothing of event happens, barely any fun or memorable missions, no experimentation or innovation, just not great.
>>
imo GTA IV. never played stories but I bet it was shit.
>>
wasn't there a TERRIBLE PSP-only game that Rockstar pretends doesn't even exist? might be misremembering Liberty/Vice -City Stories, or even a PSP version of Chinatown Wars? But the DS Chinatown Wars was great, so i dunno.
>>
Most people would tell you that it's either 3 or 4
>>
>>343614168
Liberty City Stories is cool because GTA III's Liberty City is comfy as fuck and I always wanted to go back to it.
I don't think there's bad 3D GTA game. You judge them by what style of city is suits you least.
>>
>>343614537
>>343614250
I figured, fair enough.
>>343614345
I'm pretty sure LCS and VCS were well received, but I think VCS was far far superior because it tried an all new empire building mechanic that much extended the gang combat of SA and the businesses in VC, plus the story was good, voice acting was good, fun missions, LCS just felt dull to me.
>>343614601
I always preferred Vice City so maybe that's part of it, I love 3 but LCS just felt pointless to me.
>>
My vote goes to Libery City Stories. Quite disappointing, especially considering how amazing Vice City Stories was.
>>
The Gameboy ports of 1 and 2.
>>
GTAV is the worst GTA.
>most boring map, has the largest unplayable to playable region ratio than other GTA maps (bigger doesnt always mean better, unplayable as in you literally cannot do anything, you can't even walk in these regions)
>mediocre weapons (only a few dlc weapons are interesting)
>shortest SP ever at 69 missions, missions were mostly eh with few small bursts of potential excitement (being the heists)
>very few activities (like 7 races and 25 parachute spots.)
>removal of classic side missions
and a bunch of other problems i'm too tired to list
>>
>>343615406
>>shortest SP ever at 69 missions
But GTA 3 has only 51.
>>
>>343615406
GTA v is objectively not short
>>
GTA 4 for me, started the game up and the moment I saw how you moved around I stopped it and never played it again
>>
I didn't play them all, but I'm assuming the gameboy and DS ones play like shit, so probably those games overall

3D: LCS
HD: GTA IV without DLC
>>
V is the worst, I'd say:

>unfocused, poorly written plot
>awful mission design
>cringeworthy "humour"
>same-y looking city
>tons of wasted space
>no interiors
>having multiple protagonists isn't utilised properly
>generic villiains
>downgraded physics
>unsatisfying weapons
>>
>>343617452
The same could also be said for /v/
>>
>>343613395

I liked LCS because of the characters and the gangster movie type story, the only really bad GTA is chinatown wars,I have no idea how it got such positive reviews because it's just atrocious, they should have just made another top down GTA like 2 none lf tjat isometric pseudo 3D shit
>>
>>343615682

It has the best story and an amazing physics engine.
>>
>>343617452
Agreed. Poor plot with terrible heists after hyping how you can build a crew to work with over several jobs and improve their stats we're given 2 shitty jobs and none of them pay anything until the end game mission. Poor story that has you wondering who the fuck these guys trying to kill you all are at the end because theyre so unmemorable and out of the blue. Gta4 might not have been perfect but the way they did the ominous presence of the bad guy, constantly calling you, chiding you and then in the end giving you the OPTION of getting him or just living it up with the money was great.

>physics
>interiors
>wasted space
>generic city
huge let down. Their chance to make a wonderful city type environment from 4 and then add variety with forests, mountains, deserts and small towns. What we got was extremely disappointing.

V isnt the worst game but in terms of let down it most definitely is. So many nice features removed for no reason see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWVtZJo-HqI
>>
bait the thread
LCS is good
>>
Chinatown Wars had some of the best game mechanics in the series. The drug dealing economy was really well done. I hope it finds its way onto the main games.

Honourable mention to VCS' property empire too. Would like to see that again.
>>
File: JDO'Toole-Artwork.jpg (70 KB, 749x583) Image search: [Google]
JDO'Toole-Artwork.jpg
70 KB, 749x583
LCS was good.

>provided a lot of backstory for liberty city's appearance in III
>showed some of the fall out from the san andreas storyline
>avenging angels sidemissions
>slashtv
>chicken and elvis suits
>that maria mission arc
>first gta game with snow
>>
>>343621908
>snow only available during a high level in the car salesman side mission
Still cool, though. You could also count SA for that one mission when you go to Saint Marks with snow on the ground.
>>
>>343613395
IV
>>
on a pure technical level, IIIs is worst.

If you forget the obvious idea that naturally games that released after it would be more advanced and fully featured, LCS is. Yes it was amazing to have a fully 3D gta on psp and was amazing to play for its time, but its probably the most boring 3D gta game. Tony is an okay protagonist but none of the characters are that interesting, there's no real WOW moments in the campaign, and the ending is by far the weakest out of any modern GTA
>>
>>343622271
when LCS was new, most people loaded up their PSPs with "cheat device" which let them make it snow whenever, record gameplay into gifs, make custom tracks, ec. I still remember how huge it was when pimp my garage came out.
>>
>>343615406
I'll help.
>shitty, half-baked protagonists; especially Franklin
>Online exclusive car insurance, real estate, and lowriders
>psychic sharpshooter police and military
this next one is related to the car insurance bullshit:
>can't choose which vehicle(s) you want as your main one; any vehicles you buy can be lost permanently
>>
You realise Stories was a whole 3D GTA made for a handheld console right?

GTA V is the first GTA I haven't managed to complete

>eternal loading times that made me not want to play
>atrocious graphic performance (got lag spikes with most settings on low / medium on a GTX 960 which was a decent GPU back when I played it)
>uninteresting characters
>too many memes, their humour used to be the best and now it's just constant criticism of typical 2010s subjects
>too many annoying features
>boring shooting
>Online was as cancerous as it gets
>>
>>343613395
Liberty City Stories might have been the worst one, but holy shit it has the best theme song out of any GTA game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsEnCyFcL-s
>>
File: 1439068789203.png (187 KB, 395x296) Image search: [Google]
1439068789203.png
187 KB, 395x296
>>343624903
That isn't Vice City Stories

https://youtu.be/xIsJ99AXJE8
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.