[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendly PS4 thread, please post in here. Talk about upcoming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: ps4exclusives.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2308) Image search: [Google]
ps4exclusives.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2308
Friendly PS4 thread, please post in here.

Talk about upcoming games.

>What are you playing right now?
>What are you buying day one?
>Did you play the Ni Oh or The Tomorrow Children demos?
>Why haven't you got one yet if you don't?

Enjoy
>>
>>343613152
Oh shit I forgot the legend again.
Green dot means also on PC or Xbone
Red outline means release date is an estimate
>>
File: ps4_.jpg (1 MB, 2470x2040) Image search: [Google]
ps4_.jpg
1 MB, 2470x2040
ps4 is winning forever.
>>
>>343613152
lol at star ocean hiding at the side. I'll pick it up, later, when it's much cheaper. I was about to pay full preorder price for it but dont want to if the game is not as good as its supposed to be.
>>
>>343613152
>Nioh
>November

>Gravity Rush 2
>December
>>
>>343615195
Yeah I'm buying all of those
>>
>>343615471
I picked it up for 40 bucks because I want to support the series ;_;
>>
>>343617105
B A S E D
Zelda and GR2 are the two most hyped for me.
>>
Nothing excites me right now. I just posted in another thread asking if the Sherlock games are good. The only game I've lived so far is Bloodborne. Any hidden gems?

I didn't like EDF. Too many shield robots. Runs and looks dreadful.
>>
>>343617428
What kinda games you like senpai?
>>
File: 1467372863933.png (127 KB, 606x544) Image search: [Google]
1467372863933.png
127 KB, 606x544
This is the first time I've ever been kinda pumped for a PS4 lineup.
I've found every previous year to be very lacklustre, at least Bloodborne made it up to be one of my favourite games of all time but apart from that, meh.
But now i'm starting to see some exclusives I'm genuinely looking forward to.
Persona 5 and Nier: Automata, also Death Stranding, although it could be coming to PC.
>>
>>343613152
>>Why haven't you got one yet if you don't?

Because I am waiting for NEO to switch from PC.
>>
>>343617631
Indeed, I think it's fair to say it's getting to have a pretty meaty line up by years end. On the subject of Death Stranding - I'm not so sure it's coming to PC anymore, I think MAYBE Sony changed the deal seeing as it now says "Death Stranding is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment America" But hey I could be wrong...
>>
>>343617725
I wonder how many people will go for 1080p/60Fps/4k upscale for $499...
>>
>>343617481
I'm not sure any more. I've struggled the last couple of gens.

I hate open worlds and don't tend to enjoy multiplayer gamesm a nice historic setting goes a long way for me, but so does anything unique really. I know the Vita ports offer that but they seem too overly simple for me.

Last gen I loved Mirrors Edge and Batman: Arkham Asylum (didn't like City or Knight). Although it's multi and had a terrible launch, I loved Red Orchestra 2 (just as 1) because I enjoy crawling through trenches picking people off with a bolt action. And again, historical setting. This gen I've really enjoyed Bloodborne.
>>
>>343617725
I plan to do that too. Hopefully sonyfags will release NEO this ear fo christmas.
>>
>>343618032
Apparently it's been booked for release this year for a long time now.
>>
>>343617969
>I'm not sure any more. I've struggled the last couple of gens.

I struggled last gen but this generation I've really swung back into during my free time.

>I hate open worlds and don't tend to enjoy multiplayer games, a nice historic setting goes a long way for me, but so does anything unique really. I know the Vita ports offer that but they seem too overly simple for me.

Hmm, yeah there are some pretty unique and cheap games on the Vita, Soul Sacrifice Delta and Freedom Wars have incredibly unique, atmospheric settings, and of course BB on PS4 but also Nights of Azure and Cyber Sleuth actually have nice settings too, the latter is fairly dark at times.

>And again, historical setting. This gen I've really enjoyed Bloodborne.

I know people shit on it but have you tried Unity? The French setting in that is absolutely fucking phenomenal, I've spent hours just reading shit and doing side quests and meeting characters and exploring landmarks and had fun.

Despite that since you loved Bloodborne so much (who wouldn't its my GOTG thus far) I will point out that the user on NeoFAG who leaked numerous things like Bloodborne before it leaked on /v/, FF XV next gen, FF VII remake, Dragon Quest on PlayStation, all months before their reveals, has posted that FROM SOFT are already on their next SIE published IP post Bloodborne and they have a 3 game deal set up like they usually do with Level 5 every generation.

Hope I gave you some ideas anon.
>>
What's the Last Guardian theme like? I already preordered the Collector's Edition, but I do love the dynamic themes some games, especially if it's anything like the Ico and SotC ones you could get in the PS3 collection.
>>
Ratchet and clank, Bloodborne, Gravity rush, tearaway, gundam, Uncharted 4 are some of the games i have enjoyed on my ps4
>>
>>343618663
I might have a look. I've played AC games before and hated them unfortunately. You're totally right about the settings though. They've all been absolutely excellent choices. I've found the gameplay awful though and again its open world. Its not for me.

I don't tend to like anime style game or sci fi too much, and I like real time really.

I appreciate such an in depth post though and I'll take another look at Digimon to be fair.
>>
Nothing on PS4.
August - KOF XIV
September - FIFA 17
October - Battlefield 1
November - Gran Turismo Sport
No.
>>
>>343619635
>Fifa 17
Why? Fifa is the only game I play but Fuck that. Every game already has the same bugs as the last and the game hardly functions properly, the last thing those incompetent fucks need is a new engine.
>>
>>343618882
I honestly have no idea... tell me if you get it?
>>343618890
Me too friendarino. I'm yet to play a game better than Ratchet and Clank or Bloodborne this generation.
>>
>>343619125
I don't like AC either, I was only compelled to play Unity because of the setting.
Yeah anime style in some cases can be annoying when it's just too in your face.
But yeah, no problem anon, hope you find something you like, and yeah Digimoan is addictive and was a surprise hit for me.

>>343619635
What is fun about FIFA?
>>
>>343620992
I REALLY like futbol, I play FIFA with coworkers before and after watching games on TV, getting cards it's worse than drugs and I'm actually exited for career mode.
>>
>>343613152
Just stopping in to say the PS4 is DEAD
PS4K is gonna have all the new titles
While the PS4 has none and withers away
>>
>>343613152
>ps4 exclusives
>DB Xenoverse
>Kingdom hearts

Kek
Sony fags on suicide watch
>>
File: 1466198291012.jpg (66 KB, 636x627) Image search: [Google]
1466198291012.jpg
66 KB, 636x627
>>343622078
>Implying Kingdom Hearts is bad
>>
>>343622210
Yeah but they're not exclusive
>>
>>343621979
Oh no whatever will I - a vanilla owner - do
>>343622078
The upcoming section is not exclusives, hence the green dots friendarino
but still
>implying KH3 won't be cancelled on Xbone before it releases
>>
add me on ps4 please guys I need buddies
>>
>>343623546
What's your PSN dummy?
>>
>>343613152
EDF4.1, Ateliers Sophie and then when I'm done with that, Star Ocean
Gravity Rush 2, DQ Builders, Nioh most likely, same for Nier and AC7
nope

should I get Odin Sphere on PS4 or Vita? It looks like one of those games that would be more comfy on the go...
>>
>>343613152
>rehash rehash rehash
it's okey if sony does it.
>>
>>343623403
drop more money to rebuy games on the new system like a good goy
>>
>>343613152
Dragon Quest builder and FF12 soon. Otherwise it's just dusty bloodborne machine.
>>
>>343624045
I started Star Ocean a couple of days ago - it's a good game.
>>343624551
No one will be rebuying any games for the NEO though.
>>343624637
FF 12 is the worst FF though right?
>>343624691
I think Atelier Firis actually looks like a next gen game and I'm actually pumped for it.
>>
>>343613152
Digimon Cyber Sleuth, holy shit it's way better than I expected it to be

Also, is the new Star Ocean bad? Or why is it on the side
>>
>>343624798
well they won't be making anymore for the PS4 either so it's either get with the program or get left behind
>>
>>343613152
It's funny as everything is good as long as it is green for sony ponies: multiplats, PS3/vita games, DLCs, indie games and even sport games.
Please stop doing these collages, especially when it is only fluff and even the green exclusives have clearly noticeable flaws.

Gravity rush and its crappy combat and level design, the extreme linearity of the uncharted games, resogun being just a different Geometry wars, ratchet and clank being a less ballsy but shiny looking reboot, second son being the epytom of rehash, and cybersleuth being praised for being not pokemon.

As a PS3 and a Vita owner, there's still just Bloodborne for the moment that can be interesting. Everything else is "to be released"
>>
File: kick.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kick.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
Mother 3 but on PS4 I'm currently on U4 Multiplayer

Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, Horizon, Bloodstained, GoW and Days Gone. I'll be getting more, but not day one.

Of course, I had a blast with both, I specially liked The Tomorrow Children Beta.
>>
>>343624917
Very funny joker anon
>>
>>343625283
Says the dumbass who paid more money for two platforms to play inferior versions of games.
>>
itching to buy grand kingdom but too afraid it's boring
>>
>>343626038
Mother 3 is a great game.
I'm buying all those day one too ma nig.
I think The Tomorrow Children was good but I could never make enough money to buy good tools.
>>
>>343626038
what a cute webm
>>
>>343613152
I've exhausted all the games I had for the PS4. Playing my PS3 at the moment. Kingdom Hearts 2 FM.

FFXV, Nioh, NieR. Those three for certain. Maybe World of FF.

Just Nioh and absolutely loved it.
>>
>>343626282
The dumbass got his PS3 for less than $100 and his vita for $200 near release (hence gen 1 handheld with a proper oled screen). Buying the same games on PS4 would cost twice what I paid for them on the handheld and on the ps3.

I'm glad that you have this much money to throw around anon. :^)
>>
>>343613152
Rainbow moon. Been a while since i played a grindy rpg, kind of refreshing. Waiting on Grand Kingdom to arrive.

FF15
Ni-Oh
Nier
FF7 RM
Maybe world of FF
Probably Horizon, not sure yet

Played Ni-Oh and was hooked straight away. Spent hours helping noobs kill pupper and occasionally trolled them by pulling every mob.
>>
>>343626459
I've been on a "Mother" marathon, playing them all in one sitting, and now I'm starting Mother 3.

That Mother 2 ending tho.
>>
>>343626582
Is it worth buying on PS3 I've been thinking about it for BBS.
>>
>>343627014
People seem to really like Grand Kingdom what is the gameplay Like?
>>
>>343613152
>Early 2016
You mean 2017. Now your whole graphic is fucked.
>>
>>343627226
Mother 2 is pretty average to me but the ending was great, Mother 3 on the other hand I loved every minute of.
>>
>>343628338
Thanks dude I'll fix that soon.
>>
>>343628241
Oh yea, definitely. I was surprised by how much final mix adds. Also KH2 probably has the best gameplay of the franchise.
>>
>>343629005
It's been so long since I played it on PS2, all I remember was the opening was really long and annoying but afterwards it was awesome. Never played BBS
>>
File: Nioh Alpha-Demo_20160504193411.jpg (316 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nioh Alpha-Demo_20160504193411.jpg
316 KB, 1920x1080
>>343613152
>>What are you playing right now?

Lego Jurassic World, also gonna rent Mirror's Edge soon

>>What are you buying day one?

Nioh

>>Did you play the Ni Oh or The Tomorrow Children demos?

yes, Nioh was a fucking blast, played about 20 hours
>>
My situation: I'm a casual pleb (mostly planning on playing multiplatforms) looking to buy either an X1, PS4 or gaming PC. Money isn't an issue, but I'd like only 1 gaming platform.

I have quite an interest in the Vive or PSVR, so I'm leaning more towards PC/PS4 (though I do prefer the X1 controller).

Additionally, my girlfriend and I like to play together. My question is, what are good couch co-ops on PS4? (both exclusive and non-exclusive)
>>
>>343630113
Yeah I played about ten hours and loved, ram out of time to beat Nue though
>>
>>343630827
If you have a PC with Windows 10 you don't want an Xbox One. Also you can use an Xbone control on PS4 with an adapter and vice versa. Microsoft is putting every Xbone game on PC for whatever reason, so you might as well just go PS4/PC and have it all.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.