[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just beat Dark Souls 1. Should I move on to first sin or Demon souls?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1466761110883.jpg (250 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1466761110883.jpg
250 KB, 720x720
Just beat Dark Souls 1.

Should I move on to first sin or Demon souls?
>>
Shouldve started with demon.
It might be difficult to adjust to the stiffer gameplay
>>
>>343612061
>starting with Demon's

Demon's is too rough for beginners. I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much as I did if I hadn't had such a great romp with DS1 first.

Fuckin maneaters.
>>
>>343611963
As someone who had a LOT of fun with Dark Souls 1 and went to First Sin after, I would highly recommend skipping First Sin and playing 3 if you don't care about skipping games.
>>
>>343612123
>Demon's is too rough for beginners
Except a bunch of us started with it because it's all that existed? No one cried that we wished for a simpler game to teach us how to play Demon's.
>>
Scholar of the First Sin arguably makes the game harder, if you want the dlc go for it, but it does put tougher enemies in earlier stages.
Dlc areas are probably the best in the game
>>
>>343612123

Demon's is the easiest game in the series, even if you don't use magic as a crutch.

I should know, since I played it first before we even had guides on the internet for it
>>
i would do DeS after DaS 2 because DeS can be janky and youll be somewhat used to it after DaS 2 which is a wee bit slower than all of the games
and also play DeS in offline mode if you wanna do the extra stuff if you just want to play trough it do it in online mode
>>
who is that cutie?
>>
Demon's

the atmosphere is unmatched
>>
>>343612123
DeS was easy though. The grass items and health regenerating rings made it that way.
>>
File: 1403242790641.png (30 KB, 228x204) Image search: [Google]
1403242790641.png
30 KB, 228x204
>>343611963
Demons. You should have started with that so you can appreciate how much better Dark Souls is.

Then you can move on to 2 and realize how much shittier it is from DaS1.
>>
File: Duck Souls map.jpg (1 MB, 2414x1715) Image search: [Google]
Duck Souls map.jpg
1 MB, 2414x1715
>>343611963
Demon's is the easiest, so it will be the least rewarding to come back to later.
Demon's also has the must irritatingly fucked up systems (inventory weight, world tendency), so you should do it early on before you get too accustomed to the streamlining of the later games.
>>
>>343611963
if you had fun and thought ds1 was good, you'll have a good time in sotfs. If you thought ds1 was fantastic and a work of art you wont enjoy sotfs as much.

Demon Souls is great, basically just a less polished ds1 with alot of nostalgia somehow.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.