[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Daigo literally saying the only reason why this game is living
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: sfv.jpg (24 KB, 177x284) Image search: [Google]
sfv.jpg
24 KB, 177x284
>Daigo literally saying the only reason why this game is living is because of CPT.

>Most relevant players are only playing for CPT prizes and competition

>If CPT dies SFV will probably die as well.

What went wrong /v/?
>>
>>343596417
Uncomplete
Easier to play than most Fighters
Only USA players find it good, while asians players find it boring and easier
Bad Online
I would say also using tits to win money but that doesn't matter

Also, SFIV made the mindset of FGs to be heavily focused on a strong combogame, and SFV lacks that.
>>
File: pasha.jpg (107 KB, 1200x820) Image search: [Google]
pasha.jpg
107 KB, 1200x820
They released it early "for the sake of competitive players"

They had no reason to kill Ultra only a couple years after it came out but they did it anyway
>>
>>343597571
SFV (as well as SFIV) lacks a lot of things though.
>>
>>343597820
>They had no reason to kill Ultra only a couple years after it came out but they did it anyway
They were pumping out games way quicker in the 90s, one would come out every 6 months or so.
>>
>ultra saves 4
>street fighter is actually fun now
>it's not alpha 3 or third strike, but it's still bretty good
>high level entertaining to watch
>all sorts of characters popping outta the woodwork in 2015
>based brazillian abel mains
>elena BTFO once and for all
>then capcom pulls the plug on it completely rather than having Ultra co-exist with 5

The fact that there's still tournaments that have almost as many if not more entrants in ultra as 5 shows that people do not like this game. The only reason there's 5k entrants for sfv at evo is because there's nothing else to play besides KI which is on Xbone.

That being said, KI is a much better game. The fact that people won't touch it because lolXbone is absolutely shameful.
>>
>>343597820

Even more ridiculous, Ultra had just come out on the PS4, they easily could have bought themselves more time to complete the game.
>>
>>343596417
Except it's the best fighting game out there right now. Memers pretending it lacks content are 09ers who don't even play fighting games. Daigo is a washed up noob who will never win a major ever again.
>>
>>343597820
>Release the game early for competitive players
>The game isn't even fun to play competitively
Is Capcom literally retarded?
>>
>>343596417

I still think they shouldve branded the early release as Tournament Edition or something and sold it for 30 bucks, then charge another 30 for the latter upgrades like more characters and story mode. They shot themselves in the foot for promising features early and selling it at 60 bucks.
>>
>only alive because 5000 people want to play it in a single tournament

wtf I hate capcom now
>>
>>343599784

>Still using the "Only people who hate this game are people who cant win" Option select

Even Infiltration and Phenom think its a simple game. Also

>Hating on Daigo

He may be overrated but what he says has more weight than any anonymous scrub in this board.
>>
>>343599614
What is so good about Ultra compared to the rest of the 4 series?
>>
>>343597571
>Also, SFIV made the mindset of FGs to be heavily focused on a strong combogame, and SFV lacks that.

Thank god

>muh 1 frame links
>>
>>343600147
it's the most complete version. it had the best balance and the full roster
>>
>>343596417
I hate my job too, and the only reason I do it is because of the money. If I was in his shoes I would hate it too. I think it's awesome. I play it almost every day. I disagree with Daigo san
>>
Daigo upset because he cant win in 5.
>>
>>343600147
nothing really besides being on Steam

the new characters were shitty ones from SF x Tekken that were annoying to play against desu

before that was AE where even more annoying characters yun and yang took over online and tournaments

people just got sick of playing the same game for 7 years and wanted a new game despite what deluded people say
>>
File: 1422250118710.gif (878 KB, 269x287) Image search: [Google]
1422250118710.gif
878 KB, 269x287
Honest Fighter V > Boring FADC Fighter 4:Vortex Edition

Get the fuck over yourselves 09ers.
>>
>>343600626
>people just got sick of playing the same game for 7 years and wanted a new game despite what deluded people say
Thats exactly the case and so many faggots try to meme their way out of that fact.

It was time to move on, and if not to SFV then to something else.
So fucking sick of SF4 at this point.
>>
>>343596417
This has always been true though. When they were all teenagers and college dropouts they could go around doing shit in tournaments because they had no skills and no future. As adults, they have to work at ice cream shops and flip burgers unless they get huge payouts to play the game.

That being said SFV is really shitty
>>
>>343600934
They're both boring as fuck though.
>>
>>343600934

Ultra Hype Fighter IV > Street 8fighter V: Beta Edition

Ftfy
>>
>>343600934

>SFV
>Honest
>Mika and Urien exists

Lmao
>>
Fuck Capcom and fuck esports. It was the worst thing to happen to fighting games for the sake of fighting games. For players, it is the best thing because it means they get paid thousands of dollars to abandon games people are good at and to just flock to the newest game so they can try to bullshit their way through it and then move on.

Ultra was doing fine. There was no reason why Capcom needed to rush out SFV and even less reason why Capcom does not have Ultra and SFV as part of CPT together, except the obvious.

The game is shit. Capcom knew it was shit. Players know it's shit. They knew if Ultra was part of CPT then that would be all people played.
>>
File: 1465407086324.jpg (96 KB, 600x662) Image search: [Google]
1465407086324.jpg
96 KB, 600x662
>>343601312
>already bitching about Urien
jesus christ /v/
>>
File: Eddies tired of this shit.gif (3 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Eddies tired of this shit.gif
3 MB, 200x200
>Ultra had 44 characters on it's roster by the time V came around
>V only had 16 at launch
>People just go "w-well IV only had that many at it's launch too so you can't complain!"

How the fuck is it acceptable to cut so many fucking characters in between titles and then release them later at a premium? I could understand cutting the boss characters nobody played but there was no fucking reason not to release the next game with the same roster besides them with new characters added to it
>>
>>343600147
Rebalanced the game and fixed the wakeup game, which was the single worst and most complained about aspect of SFIV. It made vortexes not nearly as guaranteed and also helped make more characters and play styles viable.

It had a huge roster and had recently been ported to PS4 too. The characters from SFxT were ported over and people really liked using Hugo especially.
>>
>>343601475
You're an ignorant retard.
>>
Isn't SFV Evo finals going to be streamed on EPSN? That's the first time something like this has ever happened.
>>
>>343601406

Hope you enjoy those setups

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1XkS8jBD-8

Im actually really hype for Urien but I hope you dont actually think that looks honest.
>>
>>343601386
THIS.
>>
>>343601168
>>343601312
>>343601386
>Ultra was doing fine

lol so much underage ITT

SF4 had so much bullshit option selects. You had to be some forum nerd to even play the game in ranked. Then I hated FADC so much. SFV mechanics are better in every way. The only thing I would want is a few more longer range pokes since they got rid of far/proximity normals.
>>
>>343601661
Play Urien, Chun or Birdie.
>>
>>343600147
It finally got the wakeup game right.

Capcom somehow made it harder to get out of a corner in 5 than ultra. Ken getting 3 grabs on wakeup in a row is boring as shit.
>>
File: 1445152283158.jpg (118 KB, 576x614) Image search: [Google]
1445152283158.jpg
118 KB, 576x614
>>343600934
>Honest

Literally the last word I'd use to describe this game. It's the most guess-heavy street fighter to date.

They should just fix the massive 8 frame input lag and the game would be extremely good. Right now it's just cancerous.
>>
>>343601661

>I cant adapt

Literally summarized your post. If you cant spend time learning mechanics, matchups and taking advantage of the bullshit you hate so much then you deserve to hold all those L's.

The fact that you only even play online is bad enough, you probably dont even attend locals.
>>
>>343601772
How do you play Urien in training mode?
>>
>>343601591
Capcom is pushing SFV as hard as they can because people already lost most of their hype for it. They are trying their best to convince people that it is a big deal. NRS is doing it with MKX as well. They are putting more money into the game because people don't care about it competitively.
>>
>>343601475
because they made a new game and not ported over an old game with new graphics

also I hated the huge roster. It was full of clones and gimmick characters. I didn't want to keep up with all that bullshit

I only miss adon desu
>>
>>343601797
There's a mod.
It even works online.
It should be somewhere on that SFVmods reddit or some shit.

Characters are stuck in V-trigger though.
>>
>ITT: comparing Shit Fighter IV vs. Shit Fighter V
>>
>>343600934
Eat shit you fucking 16'er falseflagging faggot.

>Waahh SF4's complexity is so DISHONEST

>Wahh SFV is SO HONEST compared to SF4! Everything has to be clean, perfect, fair and sterile in my life!

Eat shit you homofaggot. As soon as you said the >MUH HONESTY meme I could tell you don't know fuck all about fighting games.
>>
File: 1454307561272.gif (50 KB, 400x307) Image search: [Google]
1454307561272.gif
50 KB, 400x307
>there are people who defend SF4
must suck to have that as your first fighting game.
>>
>>343601858
wow like I care you faggot. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Convoluted shit for the sake of e-peen

Glad combofiend was involved. He basically said he wanted it to be like when he started playing SF before internet forums would tell you all this hacked shit
>>
>>343602179
People were obsessed with SFIV by the time it was out as long as SFV was. People hate SFV.
>>
>>343601797
>Capcom somehow made it harder to get out of a corner in 5 than ultra

That's literally the whole point of 5, remove "get out of jail free cards". Make it good like SF2. Make it so you have to commit and not get outplayed rather then using shit like FADC to remove risk from your plays.

SFV is the best fighting game of all time once they fix the multiplayer desync and dinput support.
>>
>>343602308
>People hate SFV.
ahuea
>>
>>343596417
So daigo hating on SFV now? I still remember him and other OG "legends" such as Graham praised the game like it's a godsent when it came out though kek
>>
>>343602308
A few of the top % of players and Kappa does not = "people"
>>
>>343602181

Anon if you cant even accept that you're bad because you refuse to learn then this probably isnt the genre for you.
>>
>>343602363
Don't you dare try to compare SF2 to 5, m8.
>>
>>343602434

Daigo disnt praise it though, Graham, Valle and Jwong did
>>
>>343602434
People thought it was going to be a return to form of classic street fighter. Turns out it was. Turns out these people got exposed as scrubs who literally can't function without oki setplay and fadc dp's.
>>
>>343602179

I used to be a third strike hipster too until I actually started learning 4 under the wing of good players.

Now I think it's just as good as 3s and even better in some aspects. 3s just has a "feel" that's smooth and easier to grasp off the bat. In 4 everything that is involved with learning execution, tech, and matchups is more satisfying.

Also blockstun in 4 was super satisfying to me, always frustrating for the other player if they didn't have patience but always fun on the other end.

There are still things I HATE about SF4 and it took me a long ass time to realize just how godly it was.

3s and 4 both shit on V by miles though. Even Vanilla SF4 was more exciting and fun.
>>
>>343602491
SF5 is the true sequel that SF2 deserved. The reincarnation.
>>
>>343602434
Daigo never said he dislikes it, he is most likely just talking about the japanese scene.

People dislike the fact that it has no arcade release.
Japs arent used to playing at locals so now they grind online ranked and its ass.
>>
>>343596417
Its going to keep living as well because the money will still be there despite it being not great to play at comp level.

People still turn up for that trash-fire of a game Marvel 3 because the money is there. That simple really.

Its SF, It ain't going anywhere.
>>
>>343602308
>People hate SFV.

muh /v/ tripfag army

>>343602447
I'll play what I want thanks
>>
>>343600261
God forbid fighting games have some semblance of technical depth and execution.

First removal of FRCs of GG and now removal of 1frame links in Street Fighter.
Jesus, I understand making things easier so we can have more players but we're going overboard. Solid fundamentals will ALWAYS beat a lab monster with pisspoor fundamentals
>>
>>343602363
sf2 literally had game over option select setups and sometimes unblockable air tatsus and safe on block dp's and actually unwinnable matchups, i wouldnt use it as an example of a game that involves risk
>>
>>343602491
Yeah SFV is much less stupid.
>>
>>343601606
>uses v-trigger
>uses 2-3 bars
Still does less damage than half the cast.
>>
>>343602578
Sounds like you're a dumb retard who takes too long to adapt to new games.
>>
>>343600147
It had almost 10 years of balance changes and yet here people are, bitching about the newest SF when its not even 6 months old.

SF4 was fucking garbage in vanilla, and had all kinds of trash all the way up until Ultra. People have selective memory for the game now,
>>
>>343602657

Eh the removal of FRCs was ok, its not like people will pick up the game and say "wow this is actually an easy game to learn, Ill lab this out!" Besides, who the fuck wants to grind 6>frc>6 on I-No fuck that
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 550x302) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 550x302
>>343599784
>09ers who don't even play fighting games

You do know that 09er specifically refers to fighting game players, right?
>>
STREET FIGHTER 5K
T
R
E
E
T

F
I
G
H
T
E
R

K
>>
>>343602847
Admittedly, I'm more mad about YRCs than I am about the removal of FRCs.
>>
>>343602646
But how can Capcom and Sony keep pouring the money into SFV when it doesn't even sell? I wouldn't be surprised if there were no CPT next year.
>>
>>343602753

Still gives him a setplay option. Just a simple well positioned Aegis Reflector into quick dive is good enough. LiJoe was just being fancy
>>
>>343602847
They could've just added a buffer to FRCs but instead they made YRCs which is a god awful mechanic that's way too convoluted for beginners, which was the whole purpose of it. YRC OSes are pretty fucking hilarious.
>>
>>343602939
Because they're for the players.
>>
>>343602657
>depth
>1frame links

such shit taste

shit like crouch tech were bugs that should have been patched day 1

enjoying all the SF4 baby butthurt over their obsolete game
>>
>>343602363
>SFV is the best fighter of all time

Wow.
Do SF fags really believe this shit?
V isn't even the best SF game. Alpha, 3rd strike and IV were all better. Hell, SFII CE is better.
>>
>>343602984

YRCs are easy to learn though, as long as the attack doesnt put them on hit or blockstun its a YRC.

Also I thought they patched OSs out? The only OS there is Barrier throw OS and AA throw OS
>>
>>343602953
Requires him to use v-trigger
A character that has no defensive options
Most of his v-meter is going to be spent on V-reversals.
>>
>>343602807

I was rank 30 Oni for a while on pc. It took me a long time to learn confirming into FADC combos and 1f links.

Also took me a long time to learn the fluidity of thought required for matchups, I thought too much in blocks. Also my patience was terrible until Super SF4 AE came out.

So yeah it did take me a long time until I started realizing how deep the rabbit hole went for SF4. Third Strike is more fluid but its not as deep. Not as many matchups and situational awareness. 3s is more about hardcore reactions and setup knowledge.
>>
>>343602939
Tournaments make money, and the game doesn't sell like crazy but you'd be a fool to think it isn't going to keep making money as long as they update it.

How the fuck do you think games that are a fraction of SF's popularity don't die out when they have zero support from anyone but the tourney creators. Money is there and SF is and always will be at the top of the list.

Pro players will show up, because it puts food on the table and this is literally all they do. Hell people despise Marvel, generally dislike MK and so on yet they still show up.
>>
>>343601915
MKX did fail though, competitive wise.

General WB jewery, Sonic Fox winning everything, and other issues they have the biggest tank in numbers at Evo after only 1 year

Meanwhile SF numbers practically doubled from ultra to V
>>
File: 3461461326.jpg (51 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
3461461326.jpg
51 KB, 480x640
>>343596417

>What went wrong /v/?

The general flow of the game is ass. The grab, low mixups and the overwhelming dominance of jump ins due to shitty AA punishes makes for scrubby play.

They aimed to make it all footsie based but in the end SFIV is a way more footsie orientated game and has a much cleaner neutral game.

It's also too easy to master and characters are very one note so everyone plays characters in the exact same way. You can't distinguish between Momochi, Julio, Brent, Eita or Christ T's Ken but you could always tell which person out of Tokido, Eita or Infiltration were playing Akuma in IV.
>>
>>343601606

So I'm assuming you never played 3S.
>>
>>343603058
>you mean I actually have to know when to press buttons????
Do you just want dial-a-combo like KI or something?
>>
>>343603058
SFV doesn't do anything better than its predecessors though. It's a literal downgrade.
>>
>>343603093
>Alpha
never played it
>3rd strike
sure is great having a game where only 5 characters are viable
>IV
Yes I also liked getting free wins in Ibuki Jump Knife Coin Flip: The Movie: The Video Game
>>
>>343602953
Some setups based on the trigger are completely fine. They are limited and cant be heavily abused.
Rashits windfart is exactly that
>>
>>343603298
Except remove all the cancer bullshit that needed to be removed in order to become the perfect fighting game
>>
File: 1465090051129.gif (18 KB, 123x120) Image search: [Google]
1465090051129.gif
18 KB, 123x120
>>343603236

Mirin anon, rank 483 Oni here I struggled so much with certain matchups that I just couldn't advance. Ibukis just wiped my ass with rough grade sandpaper.
>>
>>343603315
which 5 characters are viable
>>
>>343603295
>KI
>dial combos

Oh right I forgot this is /v/ where the only """"""fighting""""""" game people have any real knowledge of is Smash
>>
>>343602363
>SFV is the best fighting game of all time

That's not CvS2 you dumb motherfucker. SFV is the autistic child everyone tells him he's great so he doesn't feel bad.
>>
>>343603158
They only patched the burst YRC OS out. All the other hilarious OSes are still in. Like the FD/YRC OS. For exampl, you can 5S IB YRC/FD OS and invuln through Johnny's 5h with the hilariously stupid invuln YRC has for no reason. YRC is a shit mechanic and I hope they completely revamp it.
>>
File: 1315295067810.jpg (19 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
1315295067810.jpg
19 KB, 334x393
>>343603298
>>
>>343603270

Best and most accurate response in the thread.
>>
>>343603406
>y-you can j-just turn it off
You can stop posting.
>>
>>343603404
Ken Chun Yun Yang Urien
>>
>>343603404
Chun-Li, Ken, Urien, Akuma,
>>
>>343596417
Daigo didn't say that at all.
>>
>>343603408
>game with Blanka in it
>perfect
>game with Blanka in S-tier
>anything but shit
>>
>>343603431
>>343603385
Nice non-arguments you stupid meme loving fucks.
>>
>>343603523
How is "everything about SF4 was shit and SF5 fixed everything" not an argument
>>
>>343603474
What are you even talking about dude?
>>
This thread is garbage.
Especially this guy
>>343603523
>>
File: 1465574583621.jpg (200 KB, 744x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465574583621.jpg
200 KB, 744x1080
>>343603270
>It's also too easy to master and characters are very one note so everyone plays characters in the exact same way. You can't distinguish between Momochi, Julio, Brent, Eita or Christ T's Ken but you could always tell which person out of Tokido, Eita or Infiltration were playing Akuma in IV

I didn't really agree with what you said at first, but damn this is so true it hurts, and I really like V too.
>>
>>343603295
derp

>>343603298
it's improved over 4 in almost every way. Only weak point is less positional play because no far/proximity normals and I'd like adon and a rekka character desu

focus attack was a garbage mechanic, some were just useless. Ultras were dumb. v skill and v trigger are better and more interesting in every way

FADC was dumb and gay and a pointless barier to basic combos

invincible backdashes were gay so poeple invented option selects aka cheating to beat them

and of course all the option selects (bugs) were fixed
>>
>>343603404
SS
Chun/Yun

A
Ken

A-
Akuma
Urien
>>
>>343603398

Oni got nerfed like fuck in ultra, theres really no reason not to play e.ryu instead in that game.

Gouken got buffed like a motherfucker. The people who stuck with Gouken since vanilla (like 10 people) became fucking gods. Gouken is definitely the most underrated character in the game, he's so good.
>>
>>343599614
>The fact that there's still tournaments that have almost as many if not more entrants in ultra as 5 shows that people do not like this game. The only reason there's 5k entrants for sfv at evo is because there's nothing else to play besides KI which is on Xbone.
What?

SFV has had more players than ultra ever had.
>>
>>343603479
dudley makoto akuma denjin ryu arent viable now i guess
>>
>>343603629
>dumb and gay
Jesus Christ a literal 12 year old is replying to me.
>>
>>343599784
>hating on daigo for something he didn't even say.
>still think he won't win a major in sfv when it is daigo
>>
>>343603629
>option selects
>cheating
l m a o
>>
>>343602615
Hell no.
>>
>>343603629
>and of course all the option selects (bugs) were fixed
jump back throw tech os exists
ken jab tatsu os exists
necalli cr.mk throw tech os exists
ryu parry jab os exists
nash kara scythes exists
>>
>>343603270
>You can't distinguish between Momochi, Julio, Brent, Eita or Christ T's Ken but you could always tell which person out of Tokido, Eita or Infiltration were playing Akuma in IV.

That's some bullshit. All Akuma had in IV was the same combos and setups that everyone used in exactly the same way, just like the characters in V.
>>
>>343597571
>Also, SFIV made the mindset of FGs to be heavily focused on a strong combogame, and SFV lacks that.

It's also disgusting how people are flaming Balrog for his lackluster CA when 8 years of SFIV gave people the mindset that supers/ultras are supposed to have long ass animations.
>>
>>343599614

>then capcom pulls the plug on it completely rather than having Ultra co-exist with 5

Man did I ever saw a backstep if I see one in my entire life.

You know games don't go immediately out of fashion until 2 years down the road when the future version is complete.
>>
File: 1426074588307.gif (930 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1426074588307.gif
930 KB, 270x270
>half the people in these threads even play fighting games
>>
>>343603648

>Oni got nerfed like fuck in ultra

I only started playing fighting games just before Ultra came out so I couldn't notice much difference outside of being able to FADC on block.

>theres really no reason not to play e.ryu instead in that game.

Well other than Oni is a lot more fun to play yea. I tried to play E.Ryu, his axe kick is cool but nothing compares to Oni's Stomps, Slashes and air dashing Demons. God I need Akuma with Oni v-trigger in V.
>>
>>343603612
Literally a useless reply. Don't ever fucking post in this thread again you piece of shit.
>>
>>343603726
>liking dumb and gay games where you look up your cheat codes on srk to win

wow get a life pal

>>343603739
it is literally taking advantage of bad coding
>>
>>343603515
blanka is king
>>
>>343603897
You're a living turd with garbage opinions.
>>
>>343602842
It's not selective memory, no matter how hard people try to push that paradigm. 4 is a good series. I remember Vanilla vs Super arguments when AE dropped. When unblockables were discovered, everyone decided that AE2012 was trash but it's not the fault of the balance of that iteration. They were always popular. Ultra fixed that issue and was really well-received until V was met with mixed feelings and suddenly all of 4 had to be trash.
>>
>>343602727
Still more fun than SF5.
>>
>>343603771

But you could tell by how each player approached the fight. Of course setups are the same that's a part of finding optimal combos but how each player approached those setups and how they tried to condition their opponents was entirely different from player to player.

Every Ken in SFV does the same shit, run cancel shimmy throw bait, random s.HK whiffs into v-trigger cancels, yolo ex dive kicks and ground tatsus for easy CA confirms.

There's no visible difference to how any of those players approach with those things.
>>
>SFV
>"Honest"
>This exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJeSe-BPERs
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 461x417) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 461x417
>it's a "/v/ talks about fighting games" thread

Reminder Melee literally funds 99% of the FGCs events and TOS are such betas who need the money they allow complete disrespect of other games and turn a blind eye to shitting in pools.

FGC? More like FGCucks
>>
>>343603938
No it's making good decisions based on your character. A lot of OSes (in good games) are intended.
>>
>>343604012
>But you could tell by how each player approached the fight.
And you can still do that.

Mika is easily the most flowcharty brainless character and there's still a HUGE difference between how Fuudo, Marn and Louffy play her.
>>
>>343603508
>>343603647
Yup
>>343603479
>yang
LOL
>>343603662
>Hurr everyone is viable
No shit, but others are more better and if you're playing competitively you play to win. Daigo didn't stick with Ryu in SF3, he went with Ken. He wanted to win.
>>
>>343604012
>how each player approached those setups

The fuck are you even meming about, there is literally no way a "setup approach" can be varied in IV that cannot be varied exactly the same way in V
>>
I think we can all agree USFIV is for good players and SFV is for casuals. Both of the games is good in their own way. No need to hate on either of them.
>>
>>343599656
Ultra on PS4 was a disaster, even till now the only way to fix it is to literally rebuild the entire game again, exactly what they did with Ultra
>>
>>343604068
>autists are proud of their babby autism
>>
>>343596417
What went wrong with Street Fighter V, OP?

Capcom tried to copy Killer Instinct (XBone) rather than make a hybrid of Street Fighter Alpha 3 (home versions with all those oodles of extras and proofs that Capcom still loves their customers) and Ultra Street Fighter IV (a game packed with so much quality it literally cums joy).
>>
File: rlkNwRB.png (117 KB, 750x554) Image search: [Google]
rlkNwRB.png
117 KB, 750x554
>>343604068

>Smash fucks

I hope you guys shit the pool at EVO so you'll get banned for good. I cant respect a community with a bunch of entitled children as top players and would threaten to boycott a major because they didnt get what they want.
>>
>>343599614

Do you like making faux pas everytime you reply on 4chan? I can prove you wrong with very simple examples.

What you want is the EXACT SAME COPY OF THE EXACT SAME GAME except improved like a Mortal Kombat tard maybe you should drop Japanese Fighting games completely and go for Western Fighting Games which is the exact same iteration every sequel.

What you saying is complete bullshit they want to make SFI completely different from SFII which is different from SFIII which is different from SFIV and different again in SFV.

So they are in right their own games themselves and worth owning, Capcom has demonstrated support for old games by re-releasing them with on-line support with SFIII 3rd strike, which has proven your statement incorrect and thus I don't have to go any futhur

Your a fucking stupid and get yourself brain fucked by netherrealm studios and double helix studios.
>>
>>343603815

Oni was for high testosterone bad-assess. The only way to play was to get in people's faces, rip them a new asshole with resets and full bar FADC 1f link combos, and make them ragequit after you react to a normal with your ultra.

Necalli was supposed to be as awesome as Oni but Necalli is a faggot with slow clunky moves.
>>
>>343603958
Thats why SFV is absolutely no different at this point. It has a lot of issues just like how SF4 started out, and in time they will get the kinks out hopefully just like they did for SF4.

The core and idea behind SFV is fantastic, implementation however is complete ass. none of the issues affecting it right now are permanent. They can be fixed. Just going to take time.
>>
>>343603772
It's just a punch that looks like all of his other punches. It has nothing to do with Ultras. Cool supers already exist in V. I.E. Alex, Rashid
>>
>SF4 babies defend 1frame links to their death
>they get around this by using a dirty cheat aka hack called plinking
>they'd rather get a repetitive stress injury than use a small input buffer like a sane person that accomplishes the same thing

I hate SF4 fanboys so much. They should all be killed.
>>
>>343604261
lol you wish. FGCucks don't wanna go back to poverty mode before smash existed.

We can fuck Jewbaileys mom on stage and still get invited back the following year
>>
Who /balrog/ here?
Who /boxer/ here?
Who /dissapointedinbalrogbeingcompletetrashinsfv/ here?
>>
File: 1465883530668.jpg (19 KB, 214x311) Image search: [Google]
1465883530668.jpg
19 KB, 214x311
>>343604271

>Necalli was supposed to be as awesome as Oni but Necalli is a faggot with slow clunky moves.

Don't break my heart again anon.

>See Necalli trailer
>Get excited
>Play him in beta
>mfw
>>
SFV is shit

wait for SSFV and they may make it good
>>
>>343602807
We all got preferences, anon.

Like why people won't play your favorite game.
>>
>>343604401
Eduardo doesn't seem to think he's trash
>>
>>343604146
have you watched any recent tournaments for 3s, because it isnt as ken-chun centric as you may have been led to believe
>>
File: 1466609775179.jpg (93 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1466609775179.jpg
93 KB, 620x670
>>343604401
>/v/ talking about fighting games
>>
>>343604401
Balrog is good though. Ibuki is guttertrash because they were so afraid of her vortex they turned her into a gimmick
>>
File: AFrog.jpg (40 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
AFrog.jpg
40 KB, 657x527
>>343604401
>calling a character trash after 2 days
>>
>>343596417
Daigo has literally been irrelevant for 3 years now.
>>
>>343604461
Because literally everybody who is good at fighting games moved on to the new ones. The only people who still play 3s are hipsters who want people to think they were a part of the 3s scene
>>
File: wpid-photo-20150804001125738.jpg (207 KB, 1698x1131) Image search: [Google]
wpid-photo-20150804001125738.jpg
207 KB, 1698x1131
going on 15 minutes waiting for an opponent....
>>
>>343604391

Lots of high execution players NEVER used plinking.

Plinking doesn't improve your chances of a combo hitting that much, if your timing sucks balls plinking won't do jack shit. Plinking is only really needed for those sako elena combos and insane Smug dudey shit.
>>
>>343604461
Thats because the game is dead and nobody gives a fuck anymore.
>>
File: Directing Intensifies.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Directing Intensifies.webm
2 MB, 854x480
http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-famitsu-column-summary-smash-bros-esport-thoughts-and-more/

>He goes on to say that those who are interested in the strategy/competitive nature of player-vs-player may find that regular fighting games are more suitable for them.
>>
>>343604396
Then go ahead and fuck his mom you dumb retard.
>>
>>343604574
>Lots of high execution players NEVER used plinking

Name 6
>>
>>343604391

Those SF4 fanboys were SFIII:3rd Strike fanboys years back, so nothing has fucking changed and ragged on about how shit SF4 was.

All it is people dislike change because they are greedy and want to dominate people but since SFV is different from SFIV they have to start from the ground up again.
>>
>>343604574
It increases the chance of hitting a 1 frame link by 100% lmao
>>
>>343604267
IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FUCKING FIX IT
IT
AIN'T
BROKE
DON'T
FUCKING
FIX
IT
>>
>>343604459
He's going to stick with him because he's loyal to his main.

No damage (outside v-trigger)
Needs v-meter for alpha counters.
Z E R O wake up game since headbutt is gone. (EX Upper doesn't work because it doesn't get armor on first frame)
Z E R O mix up game. (KKB leads to a high or a high, there is no 50/50. You can not follow up and grab or do a low, but you're asking to get shit on)
No safe specials, straight has to be spaced to be safe.
KKB can be jabbed out, like all of Karin's rekka follow up.
Piss poor normals outside st.mp and st.hp. He's a charge character, he's suppose to have godlike normals.
>>
>>343604401
he is a lot of fun

and I'm glad his stupid headbutt into ultra is gone
>>
>>343604601
What do you think I'm doing posting on a mobile dumbass?

See you in 2017 and 2018 and 2019, I'm sure they'll bring ultra back at somepoint but melee will forever shine on
>>
File: 09daigo.jpg (129 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
09daigo.jpg
129 KB, 750x500
>>343604534
>irrelevent

You should watch tournaments. You would know he was top 2/3 in 2014 and 2015. Even in sfv, he has made top 8 in all 3 premiers he attended. He is still top 10.
>>
>>343604481
Japan says Ibuki has potentional
Balrog does not.
>>
>muh entrants
>meanwhile the game can barely break 20k viewers

the game is boring as fuck to watch
>>
>>343604647

it turns a 1f link into a 2f link. Wow, 2 whole fucking frames to input your plink. And plinking isn't just automatically easy either.

Did you even git gud at SF4?
>>
>>343604726
Balrog's small combos do pretty solid damage but he gets peanuts when you start extending them.
>>
Holy fuck is anyone playing this game right now? I bought it on sale and I fucking like it but i cant get a goddamn match
>>
File: 75473452345873.jpg (25 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
75473452345873.jpg
25 KB, 321x322
>>343604726

Sounds like most characters in SFV minus Chun and Nash senpai.
>>
File: codistem.jpg (140 KB, 678x786) Image search: [Google]
codistem.jpg
140 KB, 678x786
For all you niggers that say V is easy. Post ranks
>>
>>343604794
Japan is dumb
SFV is /our/ game
This is /our/ jive
Street Fighter V
>>
>>343604709

Opinion Discarded, you should just play Killer Instinct and fucking Mortal Kombat.

The core mechanics ain't broke so your wrong on all accounts are there, Capcom just makes new mechanics so USFIV can stand as a game in it's own right as much as the previous iterations of the game.

People play previous SF iterations more so than any other Western fighting iterations.
>>
>>343604840

The game is dead as fuck because online matchmaking is about 30x worse than SF4s.
>>
>>343604817
I guarantee you I'm better than you at it if you think plinking is irrelevant when sako literally had Hori make him a custom stick for it. You think your execution is better than sako's?
>>
>>343604801
>barely break 20k viewers

That's funny. I must have dreamed sfv getting 83k viewers for ceo last week.
>>
>>343604770

>Melee
>At Evo2019

Lmao, by that time nintendo will stop giving mcribs his mcribs so the party game plug gets pulled.
>>
>>343604794
Japan always says a lot of dumb shit then gets bopped by it later. Too early to call anything right now.
>>
>>343604840

>Holy fuck is anyone playing this game right now?

PC? A lot of PS4 players filter PC players because we can alt tab exploit and reduce our input lag. The PC version only has 160k sales worldwide too so getting you'll only get players in high traffic times.
>>
File: Solar Eclipse.jpg (31 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Solar Eclipse.jpg
31 KB, 480x270
What was the best stage in IV and why is it Solar Eclipse?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrbQX63cVq8
>>
>>343603270
>characters are very one note so everyone plays characters in the exact same way
Fucking this
It's infuriating how shallow the characters are. Actually I feel like 90% of the characters have the same game plan.
>>
>>343604840
You bought the PC version didn't you? PS4 users all block PC users.
>>
>>343604770
Melee is that dead game that was revived due to evo and some documentary right?
>>
>>343604896
KI is good though, everyone should play it.
>>
>>343605007
Drive-In at Night
>>
>>343604783
>Daigo
>top 2/3 in 2015

>Infiltration
>Momochi
>Tokido
>Bonchan
>Gamerbee

He was barelly top 10 on Ultra
>>
>>343604940
>>343604886
>Day 1
>west says ryu is bad
>japan says ryu is toppest tier

Yeah sure, I trust people that make a living off this game than random anons.
>>
>>343604908

I am not saying its irrelevant I am saying the faggot who is bitching about it is just making fucking excuses. Plinking is hardly a determent and if you actually tried learning it you would find it makes doing combos more satisfying on a stick anyways.
>>
>>343605042

Im on PS4 for christ sake
>>
>>343605060

I agree KI is good.
>>
>>343605054
>20k+players at Evo
>dead

LMAOOO duck FGCuck. The only other fighter with more numbers is SFV by token of it being SF. Capcom could literally shit on a plate and fanboy would buy it.
>>
>>343604783
Do you even know what you're talking about anymore, senpai.
>>
File: something strange.jpg (271 KB, 610x347) Image search: [Google]
something strange.jpg
271 KB, 610x347
>>343604983

Why the fuck is there cross-play if they don't enforce client-side and server-side consistency?
>>
File: 6234235473.png (108 KB, 253x308) Image search: [Google]
6234235473.png
108 KB, 253x308
>>343605080

Name your top 10 negro.
>>
>>343605120
Then fix your ports.
>>
>>343605010

How is that not true for any of the top picked in SFIV?

You see one Elena, you've seen them all.

You've seen Akuma/Ryu/E.Ryu you've seen all of them.

The only ones that have any flair are the ones that are flashy and ultimately pointless.
>>
>>343604267
>changing the game completely is a good thing

Listen here nigger, SF3 almost killed street fighter because everyone hated how much they changed it. They had to fix it not once, but twice to make it good.

SF4 pissed off the fanbase again when they changed it by making it slow as balls and adding shitty revenge mechanics. It took 5 goddamn years until Ultra made it enjoyable.

Now we have 5, a game that stripped street fighter of all its charm for "MUH HONEST GAMEPLAY". Your game is shit, your mechanics are shit, your artstyle is shit, your soundtrack is hit 'n miss, and you have 8 goddamn frames of input delay in a street fighter game.

Take your head out of your ass
>>
>>343605247
>actually implying 3rd strike is good
it's called turd strike for a reason
>>
>>343605192

Don't ask me, Capcom failed to make network latency even so if they can't do one of the most fundamentally important things right I wouldn't expect them to do anything right honestly.
>>
>>343605060
>>343605170

Can you still upgrade to W10 for free? Cause I was thinking of dual booting for some W10 games like KI.
>>
>>343605236
You're only 1/3 correct because you can see a ton of variance between Akumas and Ryus. E Ryu not so much.
>>
>>343604921
so some pretty hype stuff must have happened at that tournament huh

oh wait

nothing interesting ever happens at SFV tournaments because the game is boring as fuck
>>
>>343605334
>he plays fighters for the online
LOL
>>
>>343605328
That doesn't change the fact that 3 was a massive piece of shit.
>>
>>343605225

my what?? how do i do that??
>>
>>343605342
I think so.

W10 store is kinda trash though, I still prefer to play it on my xbone
>>
File: 1462592146568.jpg (91 KB, 391x375) Image search: [Google]
1462592146568.jpg
91 KB, 391x375
>>343605236

You don't know much about fighting games if you think this.

>Poongko and Dashio
>Same Seth
>Snake Eyez and Itabashi
>Same Zangeif
>>
>>343604840
I get matches fine on PC in australia, mostly with PS4 users.
>>
>>343605080
Lmao

Only Momochi was better in Ultra. Go ahead and bring up those results for Ultra. Tell me which events Tokido, Gamerbee, Infil, and bonchan won.

Here I'll list Daigo's major wins in 2014-15
>Topanga League 4 &5
>topanga world league 1&2
>canada cup master series
>premiers NCR and Stunfest
>CPT Asia Finals
>some taiwan ranking event
>>
>>343605201
Infiltration
Momochi
Gramarbee
Tokido
Nemo
Aiai
Kazunoko
Nuckledu
Rog
Daigo
>>
File: 1464800504043.png (477 KB, 775x775) Image search: [Google]
1464800504043.png
477 KB, 775x775
>>343596417
>daigos word worth anything anymore

Nigga is washed up
>>
>>343604840
I been getting games jsut fine. Where do you live?
>>
>japan says

lmao what does this even mean
>>
>>343605176
>20k+

Not only is that wrong, but are you telling me melee was alive before evo 2013?
>>
>>343605467

>AiAi
>Rog
>Nemo
>Before Daigo

List is right for the most part but I disagree with those placements.
>>
>>343605621
Smash was only close to dead when MLG dropped them almost a decade ago.

That game just refuses to die
>>
>>343605443
>Seth

Literally the same no matter what. Doesn't matter if you're jumping around like a faggot or not, you still end up with the same endgame.

>Zangief

Who cares? Snake Eyes makes it fun to watch, but it's just a bore when he inevitably goes up against someone who knows how to shut it down
>>
File: 1448967491987.jpg (92 KB, 1464x628) Image search: [Google]
1448967491987.jpg
92 KB, 1464x628
>>343604906
Is it just internet connection problems people are having, or is it region based, or what? Northwestern US here, literally have never had to wait longer than a minute or two to get a match at any time of day since a week or so past launch.
>>
I still want a new SF Alpha/Zero that has the new Guilty Gear look.
>>
>>343605080
>He was barelly top 10 on Ultra

But he got second place at the capcom cup, the last big tournament for USFIV.
>>
>>343605456

>mfw PC Australia
>Waited 30mins at one point
>Got a match
>Failed to connect and booted out to the main menu

I got Gold rank in week 1 of release and I've barely played since because I can't get matches and when I do they fail to connect or lag like nobodies business.
>>
>>343604840
I'm getting games every couple minutes.
>>
File: CF5x1O_VEAE5LU4.jpg (79 KB, 600x408) Image search: [Google]
CF5x1O_VEAE5LU4.jpg
79 KB, 600x408
>>343605184
You might want to go check the tournament results again. Ultra was ruled by Momochi and Daigo hence why some jap drew this
>>
>>343603404
Yun, chun, ken, makoto, dudley
To the idiots saying akuma/urien you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>343605775

im in midwest and i got matches good ealier it must just be getting too late.
>>
>>343605397
Tokido finally going full ham on Infiltration after getting stomped for the entire season was pretty hype anon. Why so salt?
>>
>>343605741

Yep, you're a shitter. Carry on anon, I won't bother you.
>>
>>343605837
I had shit for connections on release but after a week or two I started getting games every 5 minutes and it's stayed that way.
>>
>>343602939
even if the game itself doesnt sell that much, they're still getting revenue from monetizing the fuck out of their tournaments
>sponsorship contracts
>advertisements everywhere
>stream viewers

it adds up
>>
>>343603772
people are flaming it because it's boring as fuck,it doesn't have to be long for it to look nice
>>
>>343605397
Hahaha meanwhile melee has yet to reach 80k since SFV came out.

Nice getting btfo though. You're 20k viewership figure was hilarious.
>>
>>343605925

How is he wrong?
>>
>>343604840
>>343605334
works on my machine

I get matches after like 30 seconds

use a wired connection and fix your shitty modem/router or turn off whatever is shitting up your bandwidth. My mobo's network chip lets me prioritize different applications but I'm not sure if it really makes a difference
>>
>>343605917
>>343606002
>no links

:^)

your game is boring as fuck and you know it
>>
>>343605943

You're on PC? I've tried matching against people literally next door to me to test and the lag was worse than vsing people in the US.
>>
File: a3xprbRK3_240w_v1.jpg (13 KB, 240x239) Image search: [Google]
a3xprbRK3_240w_v1.jpg
13 KB, 240x239
>>343605965
I think it's really cool
>>
Can you guys please stop talking about fighting games literally none of you know what youre talking about go back to your zelda threads
>>
>>343606092
>he didn't watch the tokido infil match
>>
When it's actually finished SF5 might be the best Street Fighter. Depending on how long Capcom support it. If they do 6 characters + additional content every year, by 2019 it'll be golden.
>>
GUESS WHAT CHARACTER I AM

St.mp xx victory
>>
>>343606032

Wheres the general story? Does the fight request thing automatically work while youre playing single player?
>>
>>343606112
That's weird, most of my matches are fine but some of the ps4 players have that desync shit when it's 4 bars.
>>
>>343606180
show me it then
>>
>>343605741

How true is this? I'll admit to just knowing who Snake Eyes is, and from what I can tell he's the only one who makes gief fun to watch.

I haven't seen a Seth in a top 10 since maybe AE2012
>>
>>343606032

>use a wired connection and fix your shitty modem/router or turn off whatever is shitting up your bandwidth.

I've done literally everything in my power to trouble shoot any potential network issues on my end.

>New Router
>New ISP (Contract expired)
>New DNS servers
>QoS'd
>Port Forwarded
>New networking cables
>New drivers for anything that could possibly cause it
>PC Reformat
>Switched to W10
>Edited numerious .ini settings
>Jitter tests, speed tests
>DMZ'd

Still doesn't work.
>>
>>343606221
Certainly not Balrog.
>>
>>343606204
6+ characters every year would lead to incredible imbalance.
>>
SFV is actually much better than SFIV. Of course casuals hate it because muh story mode and they don't really care about fighting games in the first place only FOTM games. Pros are just upset that they no longer have such a ridiculous advantage that they had in SFIV with all the ridiculous 1f link bullshit, FADC, and other ridiculous shit that made the game elitist and inaccessible for most people. They don't like it because its much easier for someone to rise up and dethrone them, meaning much less money for them.

SFV has enough depth to make skill important, but you don't have to focus on retarded execution bullshit as much as SFIV.
>>
>>343606167
>implying that /v/ knows about zelda
retards here think WW is actually good.
>>
>>343605467
The only guy that was arguably better than Daigo on that list was Momochi and Kazunoko. And that was only in 2015. Kazunoko was clearly inferior in 2014.

Those other guys weren't even close to Daigo the past two years.

Daigo won the most majors from 2014-15. Infil couldn't even make grand finals last year. Maybe once?
>>
>>343596417
>what went wrong
>nobodys posted the pasta yet
Wew lad
>>
>>343606232
you have to tick the checkbox for the DLC in your steam library or the "new add-on" section of the PSN store

not sure but it works in most places. It should say paused if it's not looking for matches anymore. You have to turn it on by pressing start first
>>
>>343606434
Patch it
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.