[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the dumbest video game related purchase you ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: 8778879.jpg (12 KB, 243x243) Image search: [Google]
8778879.jpg
12 KB, 243x243
What's the dumbest video game related purchase you ever made?

I bought fire emblem fates for $299 last week, used
>>
I spent $30 for the playing cards that came with the New Vegas collector's edition, because I thought they looked cool.
>>
I FUCKING BOUGHT SKYWARD SWORD
>>
I got naughty bear on release day thinking it would be funny to watch teddy bear manhunt.

I was wrong
>>
File: wiiuiwata.jpg (650 KB, 3500x2361) Image search: [Google]
wiiuiwata.jpg
650 KB, 3500x2361
>>
I bought conception 2
>>
>>343595517

FFXIV

No firends and no interest in paying a monthy subscription. Bought it heartbroken just to escape from how shitty I felt, only to keep feeling shitty and having less money.
>>
>>343595775
amazing phoot
>>
I bought the new Smash Bros
On 3DS AND Wii U
AND I bought all the DLC
individually for each system
>>
FFXI for PS2
>>
>>343595517
MIGHTY NUMBER 9 FUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
I bought Max Payne 3 Special Edition
I love the game, got my money's worth from it but that fucking Homer Simpson-esque fig belongs in the trash
the bullet keychain and prints were cool though
>>
I bought a vita.
>>
spent like $200 on warframe's platinum
>>
File: just wanted to play bioshock.png (101 KB, 448x294) Image search: [Google]
just wanted to play bioshock.png
101 KB, 448x294
>>343595517
I bought Bioshock Infinite

and was 4 hours in when I realized I wanted to return it
>>
>bought division for $100 edition
>bought other games for $60 that I barely play anymore and are on sale constantly

Why the fuck do I keep doing it? You would think I'd learn my lesson but I eat it up like the good little goy I am. The truly sad part is I know it's stupid I just can't help myself. I'm gonna buy FFXV on release day and will probably even get IW with the COD4 RE
>>
>2015
>paid triple digits for some SNES RPG carts
>>
Bought The Division day one with the season pass and have no idea what the fuck i even got.
>>
File: 1467078516636.png (423 KB, 440x750) Image search: [Google]
1467078516636.png
423 KB, 440x750
>Bought Dark Souls 2, full price
>Haven't touched it in 2 years
Should I beat it, v? Or buy 3? Don't really want to play on my ps3....
>>
File: xuoRzao.jpg (73 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
xuoRzao.jpg
73 KB, 960x960
I bought Dark Souls 3 day one
>>
File: 4L_LXbLRDgo.gif (595 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
4L_LXbLRDgo.gif
595 KB, 480x360
>>343595517

I got a 3DS.
Not only that, I also got Smash with it.
I don't regret getting the other games
>>
>>343595517
Battleborn
>>
Yesterday I went to FUCKING gamestop
>Buy Castlevania lords of Shadow 1 and 2 (2nd as well so If I liked one I wouldnt need to go back for it)
>Boot up Castlevania 1 PS3
>Games runs in 18 fps
>Attacks dont feel satisfying at all (I love God of war and even had a blast with Dante's inferno)
>Pretty sure this story will be retarded
>Thinking about returning it
Anything you guys can say to make me reconsider?

Another.

>Just rebought Overwatch a 2nd time
>Feel as though I didnt give it a fair chance only 6 hours played
>Realize it a shallow as fuck """shooter"""
>Arguing with Blizzard manager to give me my shekels back and if they refuse then fuck it and not playing anymore neo blizz shit except D3 since its the only decent game they still can make

Feel really stupid for getting it a second time but I learned from my mistake.
>>
File: 1467475666191.png (83 KB, 281x246) Image search: [Google]
1467475666191.png
83 KB, 281x246
I bought a Wii U.
>>
>>343595775
that's a bug gamepad
>>
>>343601443
I just bought SotfS for PS4 last week, sunk another 40~ hours into it. Ran the original game 3 times.

It gets a bad rap. In all fairness, it has a lot of creative new ideas, but covers them under the "YOU DIED" mantra that prompted B-team to make 3-phantom gank squad boss fights, Rat Sif, etc.

Much more complete and total package than 3 currently is. Definitely worth playing through at least once, and has the most complete NG+ experience in Souls to date.

If you haven't gone back since DS3's release, I highly recommend it. The contrast really makes DS2's high points shine.
>>
>>343595517
Bought a 300 dollar Xbone on Black Friday just for Rock Band 4.

It's still the only game I play on it that's not a backwards compatible 360 game.
>>
Bought a Wii remote and a Nunchuck for Dolphin because i couldn't set the emulator controllers right.

Bought The Twin Snakes and the disc 1 has a big scratch on the label, i haven't tried it yet, but my bet is that it isn't work. I include in the same category of dumbness to Max Payne 2 for Xbox, as the disc doesn't work.

Bought a Chris Redfield figure instead of a Jill Valentine one. I could be hotgluing it right now.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.